Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking some advice about meteor unlocking my phone...

Options
  • 19-04-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi, I'd really appreciate some advice from the people of boards.ie

I was recently given a Sony Xperia s. Meteor provided me with an unlock code for the phone. The code did not work despite severel attempts to put it into the phone. I was instructed by customer support to go to my closest store and that they'd sort it out. They rang a few people and gave me an address to send it to. They said that if I sent it to this address with a note on what happened that it'd be returned to me in less than 5 days.

I posted the phone on the 28th of February and, after much confusion, hours on the phone and dozens of e-mails I got a message from meteor saying it was finally dispatched.

It arrived today after almost 8 weeks without a phone. It is not unlocked. I've sent a few e-mails to meteor early this afternoon with no reply. The replies are usually very quick.

I rang customer service and they provided me with a code which did not work again. They refuse to connect me to a supervisor.

Another customer service employee wanted me to send it to them again.
    Anyone have any advice? It seems like I'm running around in circles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Greetings, OP. I had severe issues with meteor too. There is a long list and no TLDR version unfortunately. I selected my five euro free text deal and got confirmation by text that my deal had been activated, I was still being charged for texts even though. I rang up meteor and was fobbed off with on sense excuses. Then, one day, for no reason, my signal completely went. I went to the meteor store to sort this out, and the woman behind the counter said it might be a faulty sim, so she put my number onto another SIM card, alas, it still did not work. They said they would have to send it off to get repaired. They refused to give me a replacement handset, while it was off getting repaired. I gave them my oh number to tell her when the phone would be ready as she lives a stones throw from the shop. I was told it would be ten working days. After 20 days I still didn't hear back, so I went to the shop and it was ready, turns out the fools texted MY number, the one that was in the shop to tell me it was ready, how ****ing convenient. MORONS. Anyway, got it back, and it still wasn't working. Woman behind counter said she would have to send it off again. I asked her what happens if I get it back faulty again, and she said tough, no refunds. I told her about the lemon clause that states if the same component fails three or more times, I am entitled to a refund replacement or exchange. She sneered and said "take it to court then". After fighting tooth and nail and waiting in the shop for about three hours with a very rude member of staff, it turns out that the dopes deactivated my account. That's why, so they deactivated it. A few hours later I got a PM from a meteor rep here saying that the reason I was charged for texts is because I was not opted into any meteor offer, ehhh, you dope, that's because by the time you eventually got around to checking my message, my account had been deactivated. I eventually got an unlock code off them, and guess what? It was the wrong one. Ended up having to go to a shop on aungier street, pure gentleman works there, some sort of Eastern European guy, charges 15 quid, and unlocks it for all networks. My advice, op, get it unlocked there. There is also another place which is run by Indian / Pakistani people. They charge tenner. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Thanks for the reply. The thing is I don't want to pay out of my own pocket to have it unlocked as they took my phone for 8 weeks to do it so I think its only right that they do it themselves.

The annoying thing is that my friend has gone to the UK twice since I've sent it away and I could have had it unlocked for less than a tenner there.

I'm in Galway, cowboys like fonez charge a a fortune for unlocking, some as high as €50.

I sent email including 2 official complaints on Friday so it will be interesting to see what they do in response. Whole operations has acted like cowboys, from in store staff, technical support to customer services, not a single department that's helped me.

Interested to see if a meteor representative will post here.

Advertisement