Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to kill ants, need your help

• 19-04-2013 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Just discovered some ants in sitting room which has a sliding door to the back garden. not many but the fact that they bare there means there could be more on the way. I did a little look around and i discovered a lot of the buggers under the window where there is the remains of strawberry plant. How to kill them?? i need to know . i have 2 kids and the back garden is their domain in good weather and when its raining they remain in the sitting room.

so how do i get rid of the ants before the become a problem in a safe way for the kids.

Im living in ireland also :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

Had this a while back. Easy enough to get rid of them. There are loads of products you can buy. I will post the name of the ant killer that worked for me later. It is just like a round box that you break off the tabs put near the path that the ants are using. The ants are attracted to whatever is inside. it sticks to them and they take it back to the nest, killing all the ants in the process. Available at any garden type shops etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The best one we've found for inside are the B&Q trap things. Little b@stards have started to infiltrate our hall!:mad:
    For outside if you're worried about the kids you could try washing the area down with hot water and then once it's dry sprinkle flour or talc - it suffocates the ants ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Baking soda...they will sort of implode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Baking soda...they will sort of implode

:eek::cool::cool: i'll try that tomorrow! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

tk123 wrote: »
    :eek::cool::cool: i'll try that tomorrow! :pac:

It should work after a day or two...unless the ants in Ireland are different from the ants in Germany ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

<snip>

Do not post dangerous advice here again irelandspurs.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement