Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying, insults, provocation in AH.

Options
  • 19-04-2013 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

So I'm on here raising the issues as listed above. It's not funny anymore. I tried complaining to a mod about it and recieved a ban for ignoring a moderators instructions. I did no such thing.

The thread in the gay adoption thread in AH. I've already said I've no opinion on this. But I did comment on the thread.

<Admin snip>

Unbelievable. Posters have a right not to read bile like that.

The other side have posted worse than that. Take the blinkers off, remove the ban have have the cop on to see you're being played like a fool.

Theres been nothing but poking, bullying and provocation going on here. I've told you that before.

Remove the ban or this will escalate. Anyone who stands up for bullying shouldn't be in your position.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Remove the ban or this will escalate. Anyone who stands up for bullying shouldn't be in your position.

Ok, I'm going to jump in here to remind you of a few facts:

1: We do not take orders under threat from anyone. That is not how the DRP works. There is a process to be followed. I suggest you do so.

2: When you say escalate, can you clarify exactly what you mean?

3: It is not acceptable to post other user's Private Messages without their consent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

I was unaware of the rules regarding posting of private messages. Apologies K9. Just followed the link and started posting.

How do mean "under threat" exactly? I'm not the one bullying or provoking. Is this the place to resolve the issue or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It appears that this was part of PM. I interpreted this as you demanding the ban is removed, or you will escalate it further. My apologies.

I will take a step back now and ask you to resume the normal DRP process, as indicated in the flow diagram above.

This is working out well. I can see the thread is being used again to bash Catholics, call people names and generally belittle PEOPLE. Not just their opinions. I'm sorry I got involved with this bloody website. Massive bias, major mudslinging, name calling, mods condoning these actions.

Dispicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Phil Ewinn,

I will review this for you. Can you please forward on any PM's in relation to the matter.

Thanks

Micky

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Sent the PMs. Still irate at whats going on. Tried twice to close my account. Don't know why it isn't working for me.

From my point of view bullying isn't conditional. I can't abid it. Having a laugh and a joke is all good. Several posters have been banned. The bullies go on regardless.

This kind of thing adds nothing to any debate. If anything it makes an argument weaker.

Ok thanks.

Can you also report the posts you think are bullying please.

Thanks

Micky

Ok thanks.

Can you also report the posts you think are bullying please.

Thanks

Micky

I'm banned.

Ah yes, indeed.

Since time is of the essences I will review this today. I will look at in in two parts, the actual ban and the will treat the bullying as a separate issue.

I'll get back to you within the day.

thanks.

Morning.

I had a look over the ban, my findings are as follows.

You were thread banned, you informed the mod you would post if you felt people were being bullied or harassed. You posted twice after you thread ban knowing full well the consequences of doing so. It is also worth mentioning that you reported no posts from that thread.

This is your second AH ban. As a rule of thumb, bans go up in duration of time. I am satisfied that the ban was correct in the first instance and the time is appropriate.

I shall review if there was any bullying in the thread. As you can appreciate it is a long thread and it takes time to work through it to determine facts.

Thanks

Micky

• Advertisement

Morning.

I had a look over the ban, my findings are as follows.

You were thread banned, you informed the mod you would post if you felt people were being bullied or harassed. You posted twice after you thread ban knowing full well the consequences of doing so. It is also worth mentioning that you reported no posts from that thread.

This is your second AH ban. As a rule of thumb, bans go up in duration of time. I am satisfied that the ban was correct in the first instance and the time is appropriate.

I shall review if there was any bullying in the thread. As you can appreciate it is a long thread and it takes time to work through it to determine facts.

Thanks

Micky

Listen to yourself. Posting in the thread if I feel bullying is taking place. Reporting posts to the mod who is condoning bullying?
    What was I meant to do? Stand back and do nothing?

Judging by this I'm not expecting much.

There are 8 mods in AH, each one gets notified if a post is reported.

There are right and wrong ways of doing things. There were many options open to you. Report the posts you felt containing bullying, PM a Cmod, start a thread in feedback on the bigger issue.

Instead you chose to get yourself banned. By replying after being thread banned that is exactly what you did.

I have read over the thread. From the point you get thread banned , one other poster is thread banned and then forum banned. His comments were inflammatory in what had been a good tempered discussion. I am sure you had noticed there were quite a few in the no camp that expressed their opinion openly and honestly and they were not actioned.

We all have different opinions and not everyone will ever agree on emotive issues, it is how you express these opinions. That is key.

With regard to bullying, I could not see any. What I did see was posters debating a hot topic and doing it with very little to no flaming. Any flaming was dealt with quickly and correctly imo.

I am more then happy to revisit this with you when the ban is up. If you don't want to report posts you can PM links to me.

Micky

There are 8 mods in AH, each one gets notified if a post is reported.

There are right and wrong ways of doing things. There were many options open to you. Report the posts you felt containing bullying, PM a Cmod, start a thread in feedback on the bigger issue.

Instead you chose to get yourself banned. By replying after being thread banned that is exactly what you did.

I have read over the thread. From the point you get thread banned , one other poster is thread banned and then forum banned. His comments were inflammatory in what had been a good tempered discussion. I am sure you had noticed there were quite a few in the no camp that expressed their opinion openly and honestly and they were not actioned.

We all have different opinions and not everyone will ever agree on emotive issues, it is how you express these opinions. That is key.

With regard to bullying, I could not see any. What I did see was posters debating a hot topic and doing it with very little to no flaming. Any flaming was dealt with quickly and correctly imo.

I am more then happy to revisit this with you when the ban is up. If you don't want to report posts you can PM links to me.

Micky

So calling people bigots and homophobes isn't against the charter? Deliberate flaming, poking and bullying didn't happen yeah? Like hell it didn't happen.

I tried to close my account already. If you could post a link or something, please do. I don't want to be inviolved with this kind of crap. It's inappropriate behaviour and I don't want to be associated with websites involved in hate speech, bullying and provocation.

Banned again from AH. Isn't there some way an administrator can look into this. Same mod, same reasons, same bias shown, different insults by different posters. That's new at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm not even going to entertain this on the basis that it doesn't matter what your (perceived) issue is, it doesn't give you freedom to go there also. "He started it" doesn't cut it past the playground.

I think at this stage, it's not AH, but you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement