Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Business Online

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

And now the site seems to be down for the last few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moycullen14

I presume what's happened is that BOI had 'consultants' in to develop BOB - It has the look of something Accenture might have done - similar but hugely inferior to the ROS system.

Presumably they paid vast fortunes for this and are unwilling to open up new development. If BOB was developed/supported in-house, I guess they would have upgraded in to support non Windows/IE platforms at this stage. 'IE only' for a end-user system hasn't been a viable strategy for 5+ years.

Is this another example of the hidden 'costs' of outsourcing or is there another good reason why they won't just do the bloody upgrade? Technically it can't be that difficult.

Apologies to Accenture if they have nothing to do with this debacle.

I have closed down my very small business account with BOI solely because of BOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

BOL was built in house, I know a guy who works in their IT department, they built in around 2000 when there was only really IE

It was spec'ed for their top 200 customers, they didnt ever intend it to be released to SME's but then the bean counters figured they could get 15 quid a month for it and then bingo everyone could have it

Apparently they have "no clue how its kept going so long" but they do have active plans to replace it, SEPA had to be done first bank wide and now that its done BOL is getting a rework, if you look at the homepage you will see the links to the BOL file gateway and the BOL payments plus portal, these are already working on every browser, so it is a matter of time for BOL

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Nuttzz wrote: »
    BOL was built in house

I read that as "BOL was built in a house" and thought, ahh, that makes sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moycullen14

D Hayes wrote: »
    I read that as "BOL was built in a house" and thought, ahh, that makes sense!

This was the kick-off design meeting

witches_macbeth_21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Jesus H , Im forced to use Business on Line banking, OMG, what a steaming pile of junk software, everything takes forever, labyrinthine processes, Im going to shut it all down and move to AIB, just to get away from this software

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

BoatMad wrote: »
    Jesus H , Im forced to use Business on Line banking, OMG, what a steaming pile of junk software, everything takes forever, labyrinthine processes, Im going to shut it all down and move to AIB, just to get away from this software

Jesus don't go to AIB!

Switch to Ulster

Advertisement