Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to pay tax on my PayPal balance?

• 19-04-2013 7:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭

I get paid online via PayPal. Do I have to pay tax on the amount I have on my PayPal account or only if I bring that to my bank account? Is it only the income that comes into Ireland that I need to pay tax for? Please help! :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Student007 wrote: »
    I get paid online via PayPal. Do I have to pay tax on the amount I have on my PayPal account or only if I bring that to my bank account? Is it only the income that comes into Ireland that I need to pay tax for? Please help! :confused:

You're not really asking the right question, nor are you giving the relevant info.

Where do you live (ie. is it Ireland?), and for how long have you lived there?

It's not the money in your account that you pay tax on, it's your INCOME. So have you been making an income? If you have and you're an Irish resident, ordinary resident & domicile, then you're liable to Irish income tax on your worldwide income.

Advertisement