Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Marzano Tomatoes

Options
  • 19-04-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

I am starting a wood fired pizza business. I am just wondering does anyone know where to get canned San Marzano tomatoes in Ireland? Or if I ghave to import how expensive will they be? Finding it difficult to source them

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67686028

The 2nd post in that thread may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭castlewhite

Have you checked Pallas foods or La Rouse foods. If you are based in Dublin, try Little Italy, North king St. There is only a couple of Irish growers growing this variety, They won't be in season till the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Thud

superquinn sell them (cant remember the brand, light blue can, also do tinned cherry tomoatoes) so might want to check where they get them.

Where you setting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Tesco finest Tinned tomatoes are of the San Marzano variety, I got a few tins just the other day, I think they were about 2euro a tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

where in Ireland are you? If in Cork these folks (The Boot's Specialities) near the airport have them in the large tins available by the crate - http://www.theboot.ie/ Hard to beat their prices too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tesco finest Tinned tomatoes are of the San Marzano variety, I got a few tins just the other day, I think they were about 2euro a tin.

2 euro a tin in a business setting? OP's business will go under within a year.

OP, you need to be sourcing these wholesale. Get on to whoever will be supplying the rest of your ingredients and get a price off them.

Advertisement