Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN query

• 19-04-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭

I've recently set up a network in my house, and wanted to transfer all the files from my laptop onto my home pc with minimum effort.
    I was just wondering if i simply transfer them across the network will it use my some of my internet data allowance for the month?

i've googled it and not found any answers, wanted to know before i start just in case.

talking about moving 400 Gb's of stuff over a LAN. :rolleyes:

thanks will be given for any help on the matter. :D
    Bribery.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

RossieMan wrote: »
    I was just wondering if i simply transfer them across the network will it use my some of my internet data allowance for the month?

Of course it won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Spear wrote: »
    Of course it won't.

thanking you for the quick reply.

i thought it wouldn't, but i wanted to be safe.

Advertisement