Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking mussel meat

Options
  • 19-04-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Just bought a pack of cooked mussel meat from Tesco.

Going to use them in a laksa dish tomorrow. Just wondering how long I should heat them for? I assume very little as they've already been cooked but I'm always wary with seafood!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 breen_og

Until they're over 65C so basically once they're leaping hot you're good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

60-9 seconds in the simmering laska is more than enough, any longer than that and they will be totally over cooked and rubbery.

They are fine to eat cold. Rather than adding the whole package of mussels to the pot of laska, just a few to each bowl you are serving, that way you don't need to use all your sauce at once and can freeze or refrigerate the leftover laska. If you add the mussels you'd have to use it all up at once and they have already been cooked and you can only reheat them once without ruining them.

Advertisement