Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Martial arts training

Options
  • 19-04-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

After seeing the thread on what to do when unemployed etc i thought I'd post up something I am doing in my Gym, We do several Martial arts and obviously in the current climate many people can't afford to train but might want too

Anyway!! 1 of the martial arts we do is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, It is considered to be 1 of the most effective martial arts around, I have made it 100% FREE in the club, So basically on Monday or Wednesday at 8pm them classes are free for anyone who'd like to learn martial arts and have something to do, All you need to do is come clean with trim nails and a gum shield

Any questions just ask

Timetable

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I have spoken to lots of parents saying how their kids have benefited from tawquando. !!most likely spelt wrong,I just put on my glasses .anyway any plan to do a few sessions more flexible for kids with speci needs or mainstream with a tad more flexibility for those that have special needs and may find it more difficult to merge ?

Just an idea . ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Should really explain more , kids with Asd may follow instruction literally so instructor would need to be more aware if what he says .kids with ADHD may need time out of class to just run up and down , not ways the case but just giving you an idea :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Stillweak

Very kind offer Paul. Fair play.
    Would highly recommend jiu jitsu to everyone. Great workout. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

cathy01 wrote: »
    Should really explain more , kids with Asd may follow instruction literally so instructor would need to be more aware if what he says .kids with ADHD may need time out of class to just run up and down , not ways the case but just giving you an idea :-)

I train 7-10 yr olds, totally separate to this now and there is dyspraxic kids in the class, they get on fine, just need a boy more patience.

Also a couple with dyspraxia and autism in my older class u17s

I have a child with special needs so gives me some patience where usually I'd have none!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement