Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.25s or .28s

• 19-04-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

for a Maruzen aps2 ,which im sure i've increased the stock fps of 280 to at least 300 with different diy mods, the obvious choice of bb is the .25 but I've seen the .28 and wondered is that just for the more powerful guns.
    do any of ye have any experience using .28s?
    if so how do they compare to .25s?
    is the range affected much?
    feel free to comment on this subject.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Please bear in mind that 1j with a .25 is 292 fps.

In my opinion - although FireKitten will be able to say with far greater certainty - you wont see a great gain in accuracy for the pay-off in fps drop between a .25 and .28, and that you'll only start to see the benefit in .36 or .43 if you're playing at higher limits (e.g. UK sites, with 500fps bolt-action limits) with guns that you've spent quite a bit of time tinkering with to "get right".

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lb1997

Lemming wrote: »
    Please bear in mind that 1j with a .25 is 292 fps.

In my opinion - although FireKitten will be able to say with far greater certainty - you wont see a great gain in accuracy for the pay-off in fps drop between a .25 and .28, and that you'll only start to see the benefit in .36 or .43 if you're playing at higher limits (e.g. UK sites, with 500fps bolt-action limits) with guns that you've spent quite a bit of time tinkering with to "get right".

so i should just go for the .25 since there cheaper and more common?

Advertisement