Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best one piece cleaning rod??

Options
  • 19-04-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey guys, a question about one piece rods.

Which brand do ye use? Are there any pros and cons with the various brands, bore tech, Dewey, Tipton, etc

Or are they all pretty much the same??

Thanks

Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Just get yourself a carbon rod as it does the job well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have, and have used, a few brands of rods.

All do the job, however some do it better than others.
    • The parker hale rods were good, but the protective coating on the rod is easily peeled.
    • The tipton were not too bad, but found it hard to get a decent sized one. The rod itself is not as strong as other brands.
    • The Hoppes i did not like too much. Seemed too big even when buying for a specific caliber. However seemed really strong. Does not flex easily.
    • The bore-tech, for me, are the best i've used in terms of build quality, and effectiveness. Plus the range of jags, mops, accessories, etc is good.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

I've a Dewey rod and its pretty nice.

The Bore-tech one I got as part of the recent group buy is in a different league and a much better constructed rod.

Thats just my experience with two rods though.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

The Dewey coated rod is adequate, they have done a good job for me in .30 cal and smaller. On mine the coating has held up quite well. The red handle is a little small, especially if you have larger hands. Tipton may be better, but I have never tried them, nor have I ever tried any carbon fiber rod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

• Advertisement
Advertisement