Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Mountpleasant Terrace and Rugby Road of Ranelagh good places to live?

Options
  • 19-04-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have very limited knowledge of Dublin. I heard that Ranelagh is a very good place to live in Dublin, but still want to double check whether Mountpleasant Terrace and Rugby Road are good (in terms of safety, kind of people live there, and etc.), in case some particular places in Renalagh are not good.

Any comments/opinion/experiences sharing are appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

While I would generally tend to have been there during the day, I have never had any problems in the area - the worst was being 'mugged' by my friends.

Ranelagh Road suffers from traffic at rush hour. Oxford Road used to suffer a lot from Rathmines traffic, but the right turn ban at Charleston Road seems to have fixed that.

Mountpleasant Terrace acts as a short cut for some through traffic, although you rarely get stuck. Parking is likely to be at a premium.

I suspect Ranelagh Road may suffer from drunken revellers returning home at 3am, but I imagine you will survive. :)

Depending on your hearing and sensitivities, be aware of the noise of the trams coming and going, especially at night.

Advertisement