Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do in this situation? (fight or excuse)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I woudlnt kick his car at any stage the punch was only natural reaction. I think i will have have to recieve onehit to sucesfully initiate a fight. That will 100% finish in my favour unless the driver is ex-teacher of kung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Just to put this together.

I didnt wanna abuse, attack or harm the driver at any stage. i wanted to let him know that he almost caused an accident and i wanted to make him aware to not to do that again in future. That was my point. i dont need to look for troubles, but that driver went balistic on me for no reason what so ever. i punched his door when he took of his seat belt and opened the door. Easy as taht.

I must say I'm nearly 2 years on the bike myself and commute daily. Seen all sorts of idiots in this short time on the bike and i've had days when all I wanted was to stop and beat the living daylights out of the driver and all sorts.

Had many close encounters with people not watching their mirrors and even with the ones that do and who serve on purpose in your direction just so you would not pass them.

After all that the best reaction I found that works on them is passing them a little while later followed by hand gesture (a wave sometimes sometimes more) and continue on my way while they stay back in traffic.

Not once did I decide to stop and try to educate the driver on what they did wrong. Let's face it, they know what they did, they did it on purpose....

Would you do the same if he did that to you when you were in a car?? You would flash your lights, blow the horn and that would be it, so why do it differently when on the bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

In fairness. How many times do bikers squirt past cars scaring the **** out of them. I drive all day long for a living and it happens daily. So bad road skills are not just restricted to Taxi men.

You need to calm the jets. Hang back or get way ahead.

Adults fist fighting over road rage is pathetic. Take the higher ground.

Smoke a fag. chill out.

brokenarms wrote: »
    In fairness. How many times do bikers squirt past cars scaring the **** out of them. I drive all day long for a living and it happens daily. So bad road skills are not just restricted to Taxi men.

You need to calm the jets. Hang back or get way ahead.

Adults fist fighting over road rage is pathetic. Take the higher ground.

Smoke a fag. chill out.

How can a bike overtaking produce life threat to you as car driver? Impossible. Anyway the last part of your statings seems 100% right.

How can a bike overtaking produce life threat to you as car driver? Impossible. Anyway the last part of your statings seems 100% right.

It makes nervous drivers panic . Gives them a fright . Prompts them to a bad situation . ( Im taking about overtaking in the same senrio the OP stated .)

Unless the driver touched you while passing you. How could he threaten the bikers life.

The exact same way.

Scaring the **** out the biker and making him panic.

Both are examples of bad road skills .

• Advertisement

brokenarms wrote: »
    It makes nervous drivers panic . Gives them a fright . Prompts them to a bad situation . ( Im taking about overtaking in the same senrio the OP stated .)

Unless the driver touched you while passing you. How could he threaten the bikers life.

The exact same way.

Scaring the **** out the biker and making him panic.

Both are examples of bad road skills .

Yes they are examples of bad driving-yes.

Biker in panic can fall down - possible harm himself
    Car driver in panic can possibly scratch the car maybe at the worsest scenario get some injury but that is not gonna happend most likely.

The driver (taxi in this case) broked the rules and almost caused serious accident where i believe there was no single reason for that.

Yes they are examples of bad driving-yes.

Biker in panic can fall down - possible harm himself
    Car driver in panic can possibly scratch the car maybe at the worsest scenario get some injury but that is not gonna happend most likely.

The driver (taxi in this case) broked the rules and almost caused serious accident where i believe there was no single reason for that.

With all due respect Bikerguy, if you think car drivers will not get hurt or killed in a crash is simply absurd. I do realize how vulnerable a motorcyclist as I am indeed a rider myself. And have had many years of both road and competitive fun on two wheels.
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=10816&Lang=1

Daily Comparison 2012 - 2013
    Pedestrians 10 Drivers 34
    Passengers 7 Motorcyclists 6
    Pedal Cyclists 3 Pillion Passenger/Other 0
    Yearly Comparison 2012 - 2013
    Total Killed to 22/04/12 42 Total Killed to 22/04/13 60
    Total Collisions to 22/04/12

41 Total Collisions to 22/04/13 57

I did suggest that the same scenario the taxi driver created is a common occurrence motorcyclist create. Especially when filtering at speed.
    Im in no way trying to turn the tide here, and fully agree the taxi driver involved is indeed a moron. Im simply suggesting that plenty of moron motorcyclist do the same thing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Drag the guy from the car, give him the hiding of a lifetime, ride away in the knowledge that he'll think twice before he does it again. I've done it before, works for me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I for one aint boasting far from it....its reality. How cowardly is running a bike off the road in a cage or 4x4!!!!

You gotta use the bike to your advantage, I aint saying Id kick a car for **** all but if it was really close to badly hurting me or trashing my bike coz some ****er is tuning in Q102 and not looking where he is going its GAME ON.

I have stopped and gave many a lad abuse and stood there toe to toe when its just handbags.....hope you have the same view when some owl' one clips you and keeps driving....thats a coward.

Not every lad on here is 6ft 5 and built like iron man with a black belt in oragami or whatever the ****!

EACH TO THEIR OWN. ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Drag the guy from the car, give him the hiding of a lifetime, ride away in the knowledge that he'll think twice before he does it again. I've done it before, works for me. :D

But what happens when you try drag someone from the car and he (or she) gives you a hiding, you won't be feeling too clever then!.

And for what, because you wanted to be a bully?.

Seriously I wouldn't be in a hurry to put it up to anyone because of something stupid they might have done on the road, we're all guilty of stupidity.

I've had car, bike, van, truck and cyclists give me sh*t because of mistakes I may have made (I'm riding/driving the last 25+ years so I've made a few), rarely I've gotten out of my vehicle to someone.. Its not because I'm scared, its because I know I'll make a bad day for someone a whole lot worse if I do.

I've the confidence to say 'sorry' and let them piss off on their way thinking they'd have beat the sh*t out of me ~ but I know they wouldn't have, we all have our equals and our betters so box clever and remember Mike Tyson's saying ''everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face".. Happy motoring :D

In short, its really stupid to get violent with someone over a silly motoring incident.. Really stupid.

• Advertisement

But what happens when you try drag someone from the car and he (or she) gives you a hiding, you won't be feeling too clever then!.

And for what, because you wanted to be a bully?.

Not to be a bully mate, but more to teach manners (for what it's worth). I've had a LOT of people do stupid things on me when on the bike, and I might have only had an argy-bargy with a handful. Most will acknowledge their f**k-up and it's forgotten about, but it's the dick-heads who are blatantly in the wrong and won't admit it, or are VERY anti-biker, that get my goat up and I lash out.
    In short, its really stupid to get violent with someone over a silly motoring incident.. Really stupid.

It is when dealing with morons who don't see they've done wrong, but I see where you're coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

remember Mike Tyson's saying ''everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face".. Happy motoring :D

you should do a tv ad mak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

The last time I really lost it was on the M50 during the pissing rain. On the way to work when some dick in a car starts acting the maggot when visibility was next to nothing. Red mist descended & I went after him chasing him up the road, he takes the next slip road and I knew I'd get him at the top of it due to lights.

I got so worked up that I misted up the visor completely, couldn't see a thing so I pulled in to clear the visor and my head. When I looked up the slip road was under 2 foot of water. If I'd kept up going after the numpty I'd have fooked the bike and/or myself up.

Morale of the story, don't let the fooker get past you try to keep a level head and live to ride another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Morale of the story...

+ Avoid acting out on anger or Don’t take decisions when you are angry, especially so when you are on a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tigger wrote: »
    you should do a tv ad mak

Nah I'm too ugly.

But I've enough cop on and discipline (these days!) to know better.

A mate who I train with kicked the sh*t out of two lads, my mate was a car driver and the two lads were on a bike and giving him verbals.

He got a two year suspended sentence and had to pay compo of €10k to one lad and €8k to the other.

Because he was a 3rd dan TKD blackbelt the court took the view he should have acted with more restraint and considered him a danger!.

I don't want to run the same risk ~ unless someone kicks my car door :p

That's because of your training and gives you an advantage. Fair play, wish I could control my rage.

Because he was a 3rd dan TKD blackbelt the court took the view he should have acted with more restraint and considered him a danger!.

In fairness, he should have known better and controlled himself more for that very reason.

Tis cool boss, it won't be me!! :D :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

try and not be too reactionary - youre the more vulnerable, so if worse comes to worst, you'll be in more trouble... especially vs some lunatic taxi driver. Also, acting the maggot (banging roofs, kicking off wing mirrors etc), is certainly not going to prevent him doing the same in future - in fact, he'll probably do worse, and it'll be some other poor biker reaping what ye sow

best really, is chalk it down to experience and move on. You'll probably overtake him at the next set of lights anyway.. Try and thicken up your skin, and maintain your state of calm. Certainly dont let it spoil your ride - water off a ducks back mate!

Nah I'm too ugly.

A mate who I train with kicked the sh*t out of two lads, my mate was a car driver and the two lads were on a bike and giving him verbals.

He got a two year suspended sentence and had to pay compo of €10k to one lad and €8k to the other.

Forgive me but can u share with us what car are you driving? Just for future refference as many of us dont wanna jump on mr black belt. Xixi

announcement SOLUTION FOUND... UP TO DATE and very effective

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e09_1366718125

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

announcement SOLUTION FOUND... UP TO DATE and very effective

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e09_1366718125

LMFAO....that is fookin quality. Hand held angle grinder and off with the mirrors! Well they dont use them so no big deal. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement