Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boston Marathon suspect arrested. *Mod Warning in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

jank wrote: »
    What I find disgusting are people trying to justfy these actions as a result of American Foreign Policy. A type of moral justifcation or mistep on their part. You think America is the only country in the world past and present with questionable foreign policy history? Australia & NZ has troops in Afghanistan, would that justify someone bombing the opera house? Do you honestly think the generals in the pentagon will 'sit up and take notice' because of a few loners with a home made bomb?

All what you wrote above is all well and good, but these people are not some poor farmer bombed out of their job and homes by the 'Great Satan'. They were American citzens who lived normal lives, one of them attending UMASS and hoping to be a dentist. As middle class you can be. They had serious mental isuess, most likely depressed, felt themselves to be losers and wanted to achive notoriety and fame. So what the FCUK does anything middle east have to do with this????

Hope he gets better so that he can have the full weight of the American justice system fall on him while he ends his days in the Supermax prison or better yet, gets the death penalty.

If you'd heard that irish emigrants in particular were being targeted or discriminated against, you'd be pissed. Probably more so than if they were any other nationality.

The US is responsable for hundreds of thousands of muslim deaths, if not millions at this stage. And they still prop up regimes in the middle east. All the dictatorships remaining there are still there because of US support.

And imagine if you lived in the country that was responsible. And you saw most normal people who supported it, or just didn't care. You'd be even more pissed.

And remember these guys were from chechnya. It's a muslim country that was destroyed by an uprising, that could be compared to syria. The difference was that america did nothing then because they had too much money invrested in russia and it wasn't as cool (social media wasn't around). So they are from a muslim country that was destroyed and they saw america doing it to other muslim countries.

No-one here is saying it's justified. But people are saying that they can understand how it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I listened to the whole thing go down on the Boston Police Radio (scanner via U-stream). It was amazing to me how much we were able to hear. They did cop on, towards the end that half of twitterland was listening in, and you'd here "watch your mic" every now and again, but you still heard it play out till the end.

The best part was their joy at the end and congratulating each other on a job well done. The commissioner came on and told them all they did a great job and I laughed when amidst all the official "Thank you Commissioner" some guy goes, "Tks Comish" :)

It seems as if his older brother had a massive influence on him. Listening to friends talk about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, they were in utter shock and disbelief. Describing him as a great guy who always offered his help...but he's a 19 year old grown man, he has to be held accountable for his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

He was a US citizen and should be tried for treason.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

It is so sick and twisted what this guy did but I can't help but think what a waste, it seemed like he had a lot going for him before all of this.The human brain is a strange thing. Those poor families of the victims and the injured must be so numb looking at all this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

wow sierra wrote: »
    You make it sound like they were some WASP family. They were from Chechnya - a place that isn't a country because of its horrific history. What happened in Boston was horrific and targeting a marathon of all things is seriously sick.

But to say that this hasn't put the media spotlight on Chechnya and Dagestan again is simply not true. Have a look at any paper or web search today . There are atrocities committed all over the world day in day out but the western media don't highlight them.

We probably will never know if their ethnic background had much to do with these bombings but they sure as hell weren't ordinary US boys.

I never said that at all. I mentioned that people are itching to use American Foreign Policy as a way to justify what happened. Chechnya has nothing to do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

shinny wrote: »

It seems as if his older brother had a massive influence on him.
    Listening to friends talk about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, they were in utter shock and disbelief. Describing him as a great guy who always offered his help...but he's a 19 year old grown man, he has to be held accountable for his actions.

This sentiment seems to be prevelant, but I wonder how much influence it takes to place a bag containing a bomb loaded with ballbearings directly behind an 8-year-old kid, knowing it will almost certainly kill him.

I doubt his 'friends' really knew him at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

This sentiment seems to be prevelant, but I wonder how much influence it takes to place a bag containing a bomb loaded with ballbearings directly behind an 8-year-old kid, knowing it will almost certainly kill him.

I doubt his 'friends' really knew him at all.

There is a chilling front page photo of him at the finish line, with the bag on the ground, and the eight year old just next to it.

This guy was right next to the people he knew he was going to kill, there was no distance, no remove. He saw them, he knew there were kids, and he went ahead with it. This was plotted and thought out.

Maybe his friends did know him, maybe they didn't. People can change quickly, they can snap and turn. Who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

J. Marston wrote: »
    I was sure he'd kill himself or the police would be forced to kill him. They did a good job in bringing him in alive.
    I was sure he'd topped himself early yesterday and they couldn't find him because he was just a corpse in the corner of some basement or garage somewhere.
    It will be interesting to see if he lives to tell the tale. I know his condition is currently only classed as "serious" but by all accounts he was shot in the initial shootout then had roughly 18 hours on the run with no medical attention.

I'm no medical expert but doesn't sound great. Hope he pulls through for the reasons you mentioned.
    Likewise I'm no medical expert, but I would have thought the opposite - if he's been injured for 18 hours without it killing him and seemingly without crippling him (he still had the energy to have it out with the FBI), then that probably indicates that it's a flesh wound with no major damage. Sepsis and gangrene would be your biggest concern, the bleeding would have mostly subsided by that stage.

The fact that he lay injured, hiding for 18 hours indicates to me that he's probably not that committed to whatever cause they'd cooked up. Someone more radical would have gone out in a blaze of glory or just killed himself. This guy feared death and capture. Assuming he lives, I would say he'll be very quick to give up everything in the hope of securing some form of leniency.
    Maybe his friends did know him, maybe they didn't. People can change quickly, they can snap and turn. Who knows?
    You'd be surprised at what people can do if you get them pumped up enough. You only have to get someone riled up for an hour, long enough to do what you want and then walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

He probably did have some sort of influence from his brother but he did plant the bomb knowing what would happen if he's able to plant the bomb he should be able to face the consequences and even going by his twitter it didn't seem like he was bothered,. I'm guessing he didn't expect to be caught. The police did a great job working very hard and it only taking them about 4/5 days to get both of the suspects.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Grayson wrote: »
    If you'd heard that irish emigrants in particular were being targeted or discriminated against, you'd be pissed. Probably more so than if they were any other nationality..

Being pissed off is a rational reaction. Planting bombs is not. These people were clearly not rational.
    The US is responsable for hundreds of thousands of muslim deaths, if not millions at this stage. And they still prop up regimes in the middle east. All the dictatorships remaining there are still there because of US support. .

All??? Syria..no, Iran...no That’s two off the list at the top of my head.
    And imagine if you lived in the country that was responsible. And you saw most normal people who supported it, or just didn't care. You'd be even more pissed..

Yes, I would be pissed but again a) These people never lived in the middle east b) That doesn’t excuse violence c) Nothing to do with this case
    And remember these guys were from chechnya. It's a muslim country that was destroyed by an uprising, that could be compared to syria. The difference was that america did nothing then because they had too much money invrested in russia and it wasn't as cool (social media wasn't around). So they are from a muslim country that was destroyed and they saw america doing it to other muslim countries. .

So, you are giving you about Americans propping up regimes in the Middle East yet on the other hand you want them to be police the world when conflict breaks out. Make up your mind dude.
    No-one here is saying it's justified. But people are saying that they can understand how it happened.

What you are trotting out are age old ad-hominem attacks about US foreign policy even though it has NOTHING to do with these bombings and tying it loosely together with the usual left wing ill informed righteousness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

seamus wrote: »
    The fact that he lay injured, hiding for 18 hours indicates to me that he's probably not that committed to whatever cause they'd cooked up. Someone more radical would have gone out in a blaze of glory or just killed himself. This guy feared death and capture. Assuming he lives, I would say he'll be very quick to give up everything in the hope of securing some form of leniency.

Yep, this is what I think and with them invoking the public safety exception to his miranda rights, he'll give it up pretty fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

There should be no debate on if the police were right in how they handled the situation.

No more innocent lives were lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

I'm no medical expert, but I would have thought the opposite - if he's been injured for 18 hours without it killing him and seemingly without crippling him (he still had the energy to have it out with the FBI), then that probably indicates that it's a flesh wound with no major damage. Sepsis and gangrene would be your biggest concern, the bleeding would have mostly subsided by that stage.
    In the picture on the Daily Mail homepage it looks like he has a tube down his throat. That is only ever done if he had difficulty breathing. And the fact that the homeowner peered into the boat without getting shot suggests that he may be in a bad way.

I've also seen reports that the gunfire was 'one way', though it may well be nonsense.

There should be no debate on if the police were right in how they handled the situation.

No more innocent lives were lost.
    That is a good point. People can wax lyrical about overreactions till the cows come home, but we can't know if any other course of action would have resulted in the same level of public safety.

If they didn't go on lockdown, then it's possible the boatowner may not have heard the news, he sees the blood, assumes a dying animal has crawled onto his boat and jumps in without checking. And he gets shot, or taken hostage, or whatever.

Of course it looked like an insane overreaction, basically the equivalent of an army out hunting one man, but they said from very early on yesterday that priority no. 1 was public safety. Well, mission accomplished. Well done Boston PD.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Im not having the line that his brother influenced him,just because the brother is older and had a few youtube ji had videos,for all we know this lad could've been the brains behind it,I doubt he had a gun put to his head to place a bomb like seriously,and im pretty sure he wasnt coerced into murdering a police man two nights ago or having involvement in it,people trying to make any excuse for him,the man is a scum bag hope he lives for the next 60 years in lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

What you are trotting out are age old ad-hominem attacks about US foreign policy even though it has NOTHING to do with these bombings
    You know that for a fact do you???

I would be surprised if two foreigners planting bombs in a country was a protest against that countries own internal policies rather than foreign ones. It's not unheard of, but is extremely rare.

That said, I'm not entirely sure these guys had any agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Oh oh the conspiracy theories have begun. Illuminatii along with the brothers being 'counselled'by the FBI for 5 years. What a load of bollo*ks.

Being pissed off is a rational reaction. Planting bombs is not. These people were clearly not rational.

All??? Syria..no, Iran...no That’s two off the list at the top of my head.

Yes, I would be pissed but again a) These people never lived in the middle east b) That doesn’t excuse violence c) Nothing to do with this case

So, you are giving you about Americans propping up regimes in the Middle East yet on the other hand you want them to be police the world when conflict breaks out. Make up your mind dude.

What you are trotting out are age old ad-hominem attacks about US foreign policy even though it has NOTHING to do with these bombings and tying it loosely together with the usual left wing ill informed righteousness

Iran is not a dictatorship. They have political parties and elections. I would suggest you look up the meaning of the word dictator. Syria is a country in the middle of a civil war. the rebels are being supported by the US. But honestly I wouldn't call it a dictatorship or anything at the moment. It's a mess. No-one in in control there.

All the other regimes, that aren't democracies are ruled either by dictators or royal families. And they are supported by the US.

Just as a matter of interest, how can one make an ad hominem attack on a foreign policy? Do you actually understand what the phrase ad hominem means.

Here's a quick article about why Chechen freedom fighters were labeled as terrorists post 9/11. Before 9/11 they were seen as freedom fighters. post 9/11 they were labeled as muslim extremists. http://www.fpif.org/blog/cross-posted_from_the_foreign_policy_in_focus_blog_focal_points

But to say that two young Muslim lads from Chechnya, who commit a bombing in America, were not influenced by american foreign policy which many believe is anti-muslim, is just silly.

I know all the facts aren't out yet, they could have had a chip on their shoulders against marathon runners, but most likely their primary influence was probably Americas foreign policy.

• Advertisement

Incidentally, if people weren't aware. Apparently the Czech republic is not Chechnya.
    http://www.euronews.com/2013/04/20/chechnya-is-not-czech-republic/

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Missed all the action last night after following it all day yesterday

Glad they got him alive,hopefully he will survive and then they could get answers out of him

Cue a number of documentaries by Discovery about the bombings and what happened in the last 24 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Incidentally, if people weren't aware. Apparently the Czech republic is not Chechnya.
    http://www.euronews.com/2013/04/20/chechnya-is-not-czech-republic/

;)
    I couldn't believe the amount of people that confused the two. Maybe it's because we have so many Czechs in Ireland, it just never occurred to me people would confuse Chechnya and Czech. (Or Czechoslovakia, as I've heard too many times today).

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the amount of people that confused the two. Maybe it's because we have so many Czechs in Ireland, it just never occurred to me people would confuse Chechnya and Czech. (Or Czechoslovakia, as I've heard too many times today).

Years ago when I heard of Slovenia for the first time I thought it was someone mispronouncing Slovakia. I corrected them :o

In my defense, it was immediately after the country came into being. So it was still quite new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How stupid does one have to be to confuse Chechnya/Chechen and Czech?

Anyway glad this is over for now (the charges and court appearances will be the next feeding frenzy of course), this must have been Bostons biggest week in the news since the Tea Party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭briany

mike65 wrote: »

Anyway glad this is over for now (the charges and court appearances will be the next feeding frenzy of course), this must have been Bostons biggest week in the news since the Tea Party.

Who had rogue Tea Party member/right wing radical as their prediction of culprit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is this aimed at someone posting in the thread, or an American broadcaster with a lack of geographical knowledge....in truth neither should be too surprising.

Picture of the him at the scene in the boat http://twitpic.com/ckk58i/full

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is this aimed at someone posting in the thread, or an American broadcaster with a lack of geographical knowledge....in truth neither should be too surprising.
    I think twitter primarily but some broadcasters were getting confused (somehow :confused:) between Czech and Chechen.
    SRFC wrote: »
    Picture of the him at the scene in the boat http://twitpic.com/ckk58i/full
    Definitely looks like he eventually went peacefully.

Them FBI lads are different gravy :Dhttps://vine.co/v/bU6YvrOvnvx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I've got the feeling that it's a shame that the younger guy lived, I'd say the real hardcore of the two was the older brother & he was the main instigator of the madness.

Just glad it's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

SRFC wrote: »
    Them FBI lads are different gravy :Dhttps://vine.co/v/bU6YvrOvnvx

He's very close to having that spike going to where the sun don't shine there lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Was this movie prophetic ??? Apart from the fact the Arnie was innocent in the movie of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Kudos to The Boston Police, State Police and The FBI for tracking down these guys so quickly. Very impressive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

lukesmom wrote: »
    Oh oh the conspiracy theories have begun. Illuminatii along with the brothers being 'counselled'by the FBI for 5 years. What a load of bollo*ks.

But some of the other "facts" being put out there make you think. There is a lot of evidence out there that suggests that the authorities knew about the threat before the marathon, multiple reports of bomb sniffing dogs on the scene prior to bomb going off and the authorities telling people not to worry, its just a drill. The other library bombing is also very weird, they found that and disconnected it within the hour, extremely fast me thinks! And the media forgot about reporting about that all together.

And why would the FBI release a statement saying they interviewed the older brother years ago. Surely they knew this would make them seem foolish for not keeping tabs on them!?

Im not really into the conspiracy theories but the public will never find out what really happened. The authorities would never let him speak freely and tell the true story. As somebody said earlier, the FBI will put out what will want to be heard, not what should be heard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j9ntcCpX5cY

Sure there are reason behind this, science wise, but at the end of the day teh USA can hide anything and get away with it, whats to stop them from doing it?

tbayers wrote: »
    But some of the other "facts" being put out there make you think. There is a lot of evidence out there that suggests that the authorities knew about the threat before the marathon, multiple reports of bomb sniffing dogs on the scene prior to bomb going off and the authorities telling people not to worry, its just a drill.
    They did a number of security sweeps of the area leading up the run. Standard procedure in the US for large public gatherings. It only seems suspicious after the fact. Look at all the public events where there were dogs sniffing around and no incidents after.
    The other library bombing is also very weird, they found that and disconnected it within the hour, extremely fast me thinks! And the media forgot about reporting about that all together.
    The library wasn't a bomb, it was just a fire.

Every time something like this breaks, the news which comes in is always scattered and iffy as people panic, trolls troll and reporters are dying to get the scoop on everyone else.

So what is initially reported as "The JFK library has been completely levelled by a massive explosion", later becomes, "It was a fire which broke out in the basement" and eventually becomes, "The janitor like a cigarette in a darkened room and it was mistaken for a fire".

Going back and asking, "Why did they report the library had exploded?" can be answered easily; because people are idiots.
    And why would the FBI release a statement saying they interviewed the older brother years ago. Surely they knew this would make them seem foolish for not keeping tabs on them!?
    Surely then they wouldn't have mentioned it at all? They said they questioned him on behalf of another country (or countries). They saw no risk in him and he was apparently planning to go back home, so why keep tabs on him?
    Im not really into the conspiracy theories but the public will never find out what really happened. The authorities would never let him speak freely and tell the true story. As somebody said earlier, the FBI will put out what will want to be heard, not what should be heard!
    You're instantly assuming that there's some wider super-sekrit story to be told, therefore I'm going to be skeptical about your "not into conspiracy theories" claim. You've basically stated that you believe there is a conspiracy here, even though you have no idea what kind of conspiracy or even what it's about.

If you start from the position that there's a conspiracy, then you will invent your own reasons and misread information in order to support that theory. Start with no theory, take the information as it's given, then analyse it.

They did a number of security sweeps of the area leading up the run. Standard procedure in the US for large public gatherings. It only seems suspicious after the fact. Look at all the public events where there were dogs sniffing around and no incidents after.
    The library wasn't a bomb, it was just a fire.

Every time something like this breaks, the news which comes in is always scattered and iffy as people panic, trolls troll and reporters are dying to get the scoop on everyone else.

So what is initially reported as "The JFK library has been completely levelled by a massive explosion", later becomes, "It was a fire which broke out in the basement" and eventually becomes, "The janitor like a cigarette in a darkened room and it was mistaken for a fire".

Going back and asking, "Why did they report the library had exploded?" can be answered easily; because people are idiots.

Surely then they wouldn't have mentioned it at all? They said they questioned him on behalf of another country (or countries). They saw no risk in him and he was apparently planning to go back home, so why keep tabs on him?
    You're instantly assuming that there's some wider super-sekrit story to be told, therefore I'm going to be skeptical about your "not into conspiracy theories" claim. You've basically stated that you believe there is a conspiracy here, even though you have no idea what kind of conspiracy or even what it's about.

If you start from the position that there's a conspiracy, then you will invent your own reasons and misread information in order to support that theory. Start with no theory, take the information as it's given, then analyse it.

Duly noted ;) I refrain from my last comment, I have researched all my points above and I was totally wrong and have found logical explanations on each, from more reputable sources:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

But some of the other "facts" being put out there make you think. There is a lot of evidence out there that suggests that the authorities knew about the threat before the marathon, multiple reports of bomb sniffing dogs on the scene prior to bomb going off and the authorities telling people not to worry, its just a drill. The other library bombing is also very weird, they found that and disconnected it within the hour, extremely fast me thinks! And the media forgot about reporting about that all together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j9ntcCpX5cY

Sure there are reason behind this, science wise, but at the end of the day teh USA can hide anything and get away with it, whats to stop them from doing it?

I'm looking to construct my own tinfoil hat, could you PM me instructions?

court appearances will be the next feeding frenzy of course
    Don't hold your breath!! 166 prisoners in Guantanamo 11 years on still waiting to be charged with a crime never mind get a court date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I'm looking to construct my own tinfoil hat, could you PM me instructions?

Tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I'd be interested in hearing if there were any other targets.

I posted this yesterday,
    There was an interesting point made during an interview on Fox earlier as well. They said because they had so many explosives when it kicked off it indicated they had other targets. You don't build a bomb just in case you come up with an idea later, you build it when you have the plan. The fact that they didn't disappear straight after the first bombing suggests they didn't expect to be on the run so quick and so it's unlikely the bombs were part of an escape plan. They must've had other targets before their photos were released.

It was reported somewhere that during the shootout or car chase they threw a pressure cooker bomb at the cops that exploded in midair. As far as I'm aware that was the third and final pressure cooker bomb. It seems odd that two brother would make three bombs and only use two of them. If I were to guess I'd say they made the first two for the marathon and then made the third during the week with the intention of making a fourth and planting them elsewhere. When their photos were released they collected everything they had (bombs and weapons) and went on the run.*

If that's the case then the police really did save additional lives by responding so quick. Four and a half days and they narrowed the suspects down from thousands to two and killed or arrested them within 24 hours of that.

*The other alternative as I see it would've been a third bomber who pulled out before the marathon, but there's no reason to believe that afaik.

Or....... they are running a news outlet (ie. a business) when there are hundreds of millions of viewers switching between 3-4 channels. You want the most sensational headline and keep those viewers while they're hot. So what if you know it's nonsense and you have to backtrack hours later, you've had the ratings when they mattered!

There is a lot of evidence out there that suggests that the authorities knew about the threat before the marathon, multiple reports of bomb sniffing dogs on the scene prior to bomb going off and the authorities telling people not to worry, its just a drill.

So the 'sinister' presence of bomb sniffing dogs before a large public event, is now a smoking gun? You need to complete that script pronto and don't forget to file it under the Fantasy & Adventure section.

Hey look I got carried away, jeez relax! Hopefully the reason why he did it comes out soon, until it does, everything is speculation and speculation only!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Going by commentators in the US, there seems to be a large can of worms waiting for the opener. All is not what it seems to be.

• Advertisement

Scotty # wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath!! 166 prisoners in Guantanamo 11 years on still waiting to be charged with a crime never mind get a court date.

Unlike the detainees in Guantanamo, the suspect currently in custody is a US citizen and was captured on the US mainland. So he will be subjected to the US judicial process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Going by commentators in the US, there seems to be a large can of worms waiting for the opener. All is not what it seems to be.

What are they saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lanyard

To stabilize but all of the hospital bill, the new limbs, therapy, etc. will be on him.

No it won't. The state is liable in the event of a terrorist attack. They failed to protect him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

lanyard wrote: »
    No it won't. The state is liable in the event of a terrorist attack. They failed to protect him.

Have you a link to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Two Bubbles then.....?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
Advertisement