Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA

Options
  • 20-04-2013 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello everyone,
    I' m a bit confused about my possibilities. I'm a mature student at a Plc course and I left my job in October. I applied for a grant but only got 1215 euro for the whole nine months.( full maintenance grant) I got accepted to college from September and I wonder if I could get the Back to Education Allowance if i won't be able to find a job.By September I would be unemployed for 9 months but I got the maintenance grant and nothing else. Please help smile.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

timo2 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I' m a bit confused about my possibilities. I'm a mature student at a Plc course and I left my job in October. I applied for a grant but only got 1215 euro for the whole nine months.( full maintenance grant) I got accepted to college from September and I wonder if I could get the Back to Education Allowance if i won't be able to find a job.By September I would be unemployed for 9 months but I got the maintenance grant and nothing else. Please help smile.png

Hi timo2. In order to get BTEA you have to be on some kind of welfare benefits (i.e. jobseekers benefit/allowance, disability etc) for 9 months and you need to be in receipt of this benefit at the time of starting the course as they change over your benefits to BTEA. See the link below for more info.

http://http://www.losingyourjob.ie/options-for-education-and-training/back_to_education_allowance.html.en

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timo2

Thanks Shine 7 :)

Advertisement