Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elvish Tattoo

Options
  • 20-04-2013 4:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All

I have elvish translations of my first 2 kids names tattooed onto my back while Im hoping now to have my third childs name also tattooed. Problem is, I cant find a tattoo parlor that can actually translate the names! I got the other tattoos done in Spain. The tattoo artist simply had a translater on his PC and was able to input my kids names on to the program and hey presto, instant translation! I guess I could do it myself using what ever I can get off the net but would much prefer to find an artist who can translate it using a computer. Anyone know who could help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

S/he probably just used an online translator. I'd imagine there are Tolkien boards out there devoted to the language, so I'd recommend doing a search for them and asking people who have studied the language. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pop me a pm with the names-- I have all the elvish fonts here.

http://www.thehutt.de/tolkien/fonts.html

You might have to mess about with them a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Picard50

Many thanks!

Advertisement