Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Well fúck ye all anyway, I've just lost all interest in this stupid game, Wayne fúcking 12 million Rooney, I should have got Phil Neville and invested the change :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

A villa goal would make this almost the perfect week, I say almost perfect as I have 3 clean sheets and 21 pts sitting on my bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2 more of them for a save point for RVP

13 of the top 15 in the boards FSA league have RVP as captain, not a lot of ground going to be made but proves to me that your not playing the game right if you didn't make sure you had him in your team for a home match against villa, even if it meant a 4 pt hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

KevIRL wrote: »
    2 more of them for a save point for RVP

Should secure the 3 BPs!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well fúck ye all anyway, I've just lost all interest in this stupid game, Wayne fúcking 12 million Rooney, I should have got Phil Neville and invested the change :mad:

He assisted the goal of the season...that's surely some comfort and 5 points more than Philly Nev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Villa goal please, preferably some non-entity like Fabian Delph, Westwood assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Weetabix wrote: »
    13 of the top 15 in the boards FSA league have RVP as captain, not a lot of ground going to be made but proves to me that your not playing the game right if you didn't make sure you had him in your team for a home match against villa, even if it meant a 4 pt hit.

Bit facile saying this after a first half hat trick I think. Could just as easily have said he was a write off for the season after going goalless in consecutive games against QPR, Norwich, Reading and Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

carlop wrote: »
    Villa goal please, preferably some non-entity like Fabian Delph, Westwood assist.

Evra OG, surely?

• Advertisement

Bit facile saying this after a first half hat trick I think. Could just as easily have said he was a write off for the season after going goalless in consecutive games against QPR, Norwich, Reading and Sunderland.

3 assists and 3 bps in those 4 games, goalless but not exactly write off form, 2 goals in last 2 matches, only been 3 matches in 2013 where he has failed to get more than 2 points, going for the golden boot, good chance utd would be wrapping up the league by the time the match was played on monday night..........in my opinion it was a no brainer to ensure he was at least in your team this game week.

So big question looming for RVP owners: will he start consistently for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

3 saves given to De Gea, cant see the match, is there some serious pressure being applied to UTD suddenly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So big question looming for RVP owners: will he start consistently for the rest of the season?

i

dont

care

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

RVP 34 pointer and a United CS, worst result possible. :(

Delighted we won the league though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

77 with no RVP is a good week in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DDG and captain RVP...thank you.

I'll end on 76 for the week. 41 from tonight.

Haven't had an FF night like this in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

87 for the week. That will do.

Thank you very much RVP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Even if he was on the bench , you'd still expect something when he does come on .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

RVP....I stand by my comment a few weeks back, you will not win Fantasy Football without RVP in your team! :D

Hes important to have when hes the most obvious captain choice like the last couple of weeks. There was a fair few weeks around the CL and other teams having doubles I felt he was an expensive luxury if not planning on making him Captain. Thats why I have him now and didnt have him then. Simplistic to say you wont win FF without him in your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

That'll do RvP, that'll do :-)

• Advertisement

i

dont

care

:)

Ha! I don't really care either at the minute - just delighted with tonights returns. But it will be something to think about come next weekend. I won't be selling him, but not sure if I'll be captaining him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

De Gea picked up a save point too :D
    Wonder will Rafael sneak a bonus. Ah stop I'm getting greedy now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Gonna be the first week this season that i break 100 - pretty happy with that!
    Not too sure when to shift suarez.

Is trading suarez + fellaini to bale + kone worth an 8 point hit now? Would allow me to get Harte for the dgw.

Fellaini is at home to fulham but bale does seem to thrive on away fixtures and the points hit would be repayed on the dgw later.

Or, just do them next week for a 4 point hit?

Will be on 74 after the BPs. Didn't see that coming after a lousy start to the week. DDGs CS was a big bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

70 before the additional 6 that'll come my way pretty soon. The extra 1 for De Gea making 3 saves is pretty sweet too. If only Mickey T hadn't gotten injured :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

77 once bp come in. Won't drag me up much, but after a poor start I'll take it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

79 for the week.

Double clean sheet, hat trick for my captain.

Champions of England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Picked up 30 points tonight alone, could have been 47! :(

Should hit 60 for the week with 3BPs to RVP, oh what could have been!

Weetabix wrote: »
    3 assists and 3 bps in those 4 games, goalless but not exactly write off form, 2 goals in last 2 matches, only been 3 matches in 2013 where he has failed to get more than 2 points, going for the golden boot, good chance utd would be wrapping up the league by the time the match was played on monday night..........in my opinion it was a no brainer to ensure he was at least in your team this game week.

Have to agree. Scored 2 or 3 on international duty. Better service from the wings recently.

If anyone decided not to bring him in because they were afraid if taking a hit, lesson learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will be 102 for the week assuming RVP's 3 bonus points come through.

One of those weeks where keeping the faith with some long term players ( mertesecker and O'Brien ), bringing Bale back a week earlier than I was planning and Captaining the Postman when I almost captained walcott really paid off :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

72 for the week.

Very happy with that considering I don't have RVP or Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

88 for the week with RVP's six bps soon making it 94.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Bonus Points for Giggs? And Rooney or Jones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Phew, that match saved the week! 46 points from that match alone! :D (de Gea, Evra + RVP (c))

Unfortunately everyone that passed me on the work league over the weekend all have RVP as captain. But on my paid-in league with mates nobody ahead of me has him at all so nice recovery! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

I didn't actually see the game, but stats show that RVP only had 4 shots on goal! I suppose the early goals changed the tempo of the game?

I'll take that hattrick!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

RVP Evra and de Gea doing the business and bumping me up to a hefty 81 for the week after 3 fully expected baps for Van Persie!! Great week! Finally closing that gap at the top of my main league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Bonus points for the match:

Van Persie (3)
    Giggs (2)
    De Gea (1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    De Gea picked up a save point too :D
    Wonder will Rafael sneak a bonus. Ah stop I'm getting greedy now

Bonus point for De Gea :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Get in DDG. 81 pts.

Had 39 points before tonight from 9 players. The two lads playing tonight tap on another 42.

• Advertisement

Good man DDG

Good man DDG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

80 points for the week thanks to 34 from van the man. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Score at 7:59pm 18 points. Score now 68 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Nice BP for DDG leaves me on 100 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Haha you have to laugh at that! My seasons over, congrats to everyone who had RVP, the rest of us are f*cked :)

Spent the night teaching Robbie Savage to play poker (shameless brag) and he kept asking me why I looked so stressed. Looked at the TV and says "I'm guessing you don't have RVP in your FF team"

He knew...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i had 3 united players in my team, the other 8 got me 39....the 3 united lads tonight got me 47 between them! and that is why we're champions!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I had 10 DGW players last week and ended up with 79 points. thanks to getting Bale and and hungry Suarez i ended up with 96 this week :) RVP captain . guy on top of my main league got 60 so closed up 36 points to within 20 . game on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

83 points. Just broke the 2000 mark now, I'll surely break 3000 before the end of the season;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Another piss poor GW. 44 and dropped 35k places to 75k. Normally finish fpl seasons well too :o Other than few major hiccups, ie not having RVP this week, my main problem this year has been captaincy. Less than half the time I've got it right, 18 to 16. I'd still be in with a shout in my mini leagues otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up to 7986 and into the top 8k. Finished on 95 points.

Tremendous week :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement