Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

buyer95 wrote: »
    36 with RVP (C) and Rafael to go. This goalie thing is recking my head, had Begovic last week, and McCarthy on the bench. McCarthy went crazy, and got like 12 points, while Begovic got me one. I won't be caught twice I said, so I subbed Mac in for Begovic. McCarthy gets 3, while Bego gets 7, ah so head wrecking.

I've decided this season that I was better off just playing one good expensive keeper all the time (e.g. De Gea/Hart) and having a really cheap 2nd keeper who will just cover you if your main keeper doesn't play. If anything if just gives you one less thing to think about each week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

thunderdog wrote: »
    I've decided this season that I was better off just playing one good expensive keeper all the time (e.g. De Gea/Hart) and having a really cheap 2nd keeper who will just cover you if your main keeper doesn't play. If anything if just gives you one less thing to think about each week!

I agree. Got stung too many times this year with a Jussi/Begovic combination and then Begovic/Bunn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

38 with RVP (c) and DDG to play. Last minute decisions to hold off on the Fellaini to Bale transfer and putting Zabaleta into the team instead of O'Brien (took O'Brien out at about 11:28!!) cost me dear, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Lost no ground in my money leagues so no damage done.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

thunderdog wrote: »

Agree with one goalie policy but why an expensive one?

Have a look at points:

Hart 132
    Jussi 132
    Bego 130
    Mign 128

Clean sheets so hard to predict...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

mailburner wrote: »
    and evra to score

its an age since i had a defender score a goal with a cleanie

I'm not sure I've had a defender score this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Jussi/Bego rotation has worked well for me this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

35 with DDG and captain RVP tomorrow.

shocked I'm still in the top 1000 after today tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3 BP's for Suarez and I even got 2 for Martin.Theo with 2 also brings me up to 47 with Captain RVP to play.

60 points, captain RVP still to go. Just outside the top 10000 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

45 with de Gea, Rafael and RVP(c) tomorrow. Gone up globally, but red arrows in all my private leagues unfortunately.

• Advertisement

When will we know if Suarez is banned, and will it take effect immediately? Wary of dumping him prematurely.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Anyone know what the deal is with Mike Turner after Saturday? Cant find any reports of an injury!?

He injured himself with no one near him I think. No idea if it was serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

roryc wrote: »
    When will we know if Suarez is banned, and will it take effect immediately? Wary of dumping him prematurely.

FA are starting their investigation today, I'd expect them to act very swiftly, they'll know the world's eyes are on them. Plus don't they have this new fast track thing these days anyway now where they want disciplinary matters dealt with swiftly. I'd imagine we'll hear later on today or tomorrow. He'll then have the right to appeal or request hearing but i think they'd be foolish to appeal anything that was 5 matches or less so chances are he'll be gone for the season.

Great, cheers. Sooner we get info the better, he'll almost certainly drop tonight.

Great, cheers. Sooner we get info the better, he'll almost certainly drop tonight.

Yeah pretty much nailed on for a drop again tonight unless it's said they're taking no action. almost half of his daily transfers out required have been done and it's only 11.30am.

His price drop last night cost me .1 so when he drops tonight it won't effect me. I knew he was going to drop last night but I said i'd hold off on the off chance that he escapes punishment because no-one is jumping out at me to replace him with. Tevez is probably most likely but not overly keen on him either with the roatation risk of the cup final.

I'm about 95% sure suarez will be gone for the rest of the season but for the sake of .1 (or even .2 if it takes a couple more days) i'd rather hang on and see what happens suarez because the FA have been known to act bizzarely in the past.

Suarez has already dropped £0.2 so tonight's drop would be the last one of this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Who are people bringing in for Suarez? Is Tevez a terrible idea with the likelihood of players being rested for the Cup etc or will City be trying to lock in second place?

Suarez has already dropped £0.2 so tonight's drop would be the last one of this week.

oh that's a great bonus, so i have until the weekend to decide what to do so as this price drop won't effect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

UncleChael wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal is with Mike Turner after Saturday? Cant find any reports of an injury!?

I brought him in at a hit last weekend as the final piece of my defensive jigsaw for the season so I'm hoping he'll be fine. No point in doing anything until towards the end of the week. Although it doesn't sound encouraging but Mickey T is no ordinary man.

In Mickey Turner we trust!

• Advertisement

Praying for a 2 pointer from Robin tonight.

0-0 PLEASE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

praying for a 22 pointer from robin this evening.

5 - 1 would be grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

0-0 PLEASE

Is 2 pointer from Rvp and an Evans goal (assisted by DDG) and clean sheet too much to ask?

Is 2 pointer from Rvp and an Evans goal (assisted by DDG) and clean sheet too much to ask?

You spelled Evra wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

I brought him in at a hit last weekend as the final piece of my defensive jigsaw for the season so I'm hoping he'll be fine. No point in doing anything until towards the end of the week. Although it doesn't sound encouraging but Mickey T is no ordinary man.

In Mickey Turner we trust!

This has been updated now on the fpl site, groin strain, 50% chance of playing :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

You spelled Evra wrong

Ah come on, i deserve some from him, 1 point in 6 games, including playing 59 mins in a 1-0 at sunderland. Kept him because I thought he would have played at least on game in the dgw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

praying for a 22 pointer from robin this evening.

+1. I need at least 20 from him to pass 2,000 points, have no-one else playing tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Badly need a united clean sheet and an RvP double ! I can see him doing it but I can also see a late sloppy goal ruining the clean sheet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

0-0 PLEASE

An injury before 60th min please, a 1 pt wud be grand + hope it's kinda injury that will rule him out for rest of season and make those that have him have to use up a transfer! Just a hamstring or sumthin that isn't too painful/serious obviously!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

#AVFC: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, N’Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

#MUFC team v Villa: De Gea, Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP

Advertisement