Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day Time Food Delivery (Ballybrit)

Options
  • 20-04-2013 10:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26

Dying with a hang over and i dont want pizza, where else delivers day time?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Where are you?
    does the name give you a clue!!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gowley wrote: »
    does the name give you a clue!!!!!

The forum certainly gives a clue ;) the username doesn't help narrow it down further though and help can't be given without a more local location as I don't know of ANY delivery guys that will deliver absolutely anywhere in Galway County.

OP, more info needed.

Ya cheeky pup, gowley! ;)

I meant where in Galway, because there are normally limited delivery zones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Galway2013

im out in ballybrit

• Advertisement

Galway2013 wrote: »
    im out in ballybrit

You're probably better off in Galway city so. Lemme move this on over.

Hope your hangover gets better!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look here www.just-eat.ie/area/galway-city-centre or drag your butt down to KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Galway2013 wrote: »
    Dying with a hang over and i dont want pizza, where else delivers day time?

What's for dinner deliver during the day
    http://www.whatsfordinner.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Galway2013

What's for dinner deliver during the day
    http://www.whatsfordinner.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

biko wrote: »
    ... drag your butt down to KFC.

I was in the area today so headed to KFC. I opened my chicken burger upside down and there, highlighted by a rare burst of sunshine, were green mouldy spots all over the bottom of the bun.

And the chips were cold.

No matter how desperate, you can do better than KFC!

On the plus side, O'hehirs has opened there (possibly ages ago). OP could have gotten a lovely breakfast roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

newkie wrote: »
    I was in the area today so headed to KFC. I opened my chicken burger upside down and there, highlighted by a rare burst of sunshine, were green mouldy spots all over the bottom of the bun.

And the chips were cold.

No matter how desperate, you can do better than KFC!

On the plus side, O'hehirs has opened there (possibly ages ago). OP could have gotten a lovely breakfast roll.

o heirs has been there for ages. I think kfc pulled a master stroke opening so far from town. Close enough that it is a short drive but far enough that it keeps its mythical once in a while status which MacDonalds and burger king have lost in town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Used to go in there quite regular for breakfast as a treat - great feed and the toast was lovely. Think they did it in a panini press or something because it was quite thin. And their coffee was beautiful too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hope you spoke to the management so it wont happen to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

biko wrote: »
    I hope you spoke to the management so it wont happen to me too.

I spoke to the girl in charge although she was young so may cover her arse rather than tell her boss. She quickly apologized and offered to make me another. Thinking about the cold chips I thought better of it and asked for my money back which they did without too much fuss.

My only other experience with them was a couple years ago when I got some chicken dippers but the dip selection wasn't good and the getting chips with fried chicken was just too much grease and I felt a little ill afterwards (presumably just from grease overload). In the states you get coleslaw, mash and gravy, and a biscuit. Not healthy by any means, but feels like a meal and soaks up the grease. I don't know why they're so convinced everyone in Ireland only wants (cold) chips.

Advertisement