Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted car robbery

Options
  • 20-04-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

Around 2 am last night a 01 D Nissan Primera, navy/dark colour with 4/5 males was involved in the attempted robbery of two cars in St. Wolstans Abbey, Celbridge. Police are on the lookout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I had my car stereo stolen on Sat Night / Sun Morning ... Castletown area. Watch out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Did they manage to get the car do ya know or did the gards manage to prevent it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

My brother's car was stolen on the night of Friday 12th April outside my parent's house in Crodaun- the gardai said it was the third car reported stolen that night from Celbridge. What in the feck is going on???

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My brother's car was stolen on the night of Friday 12th April outside my parent's house in Crodaun- the gardai said it was the third car reported stolen that night from Celbridge. What in the feck is going on???

Trying not to scare people in to sitting in their halls all night:

Scrap value of easily stealable cars (Japanese imports with no immobilisers, pre-98 cars the same, or cars with extremely easily scannable ones) plus so few Garda resources that if you see something in progress and call there's not much chance they'll be able to respond.

Then there's newer stuff being stolen to order for parts, people breaking in to houses for the keys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

these robberies seem to go in cycles....you hear nothing for ages, then a load happen altogether and then you hear nothing again.

Guess we're in the 'thieving' part of the cycle again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Celbridge will always be a target unfortunately because of the ease they can get away onto the motorway.

Advertisement