Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Java Programming!!!

Options
  • 20-04-2013 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Anyone out there who can help an NCI first-year part time student with all aspects of Java programming? I need to repeat the module from the first semester which is basically intro to programming and i'm pretty sure i'm gonna end up failing the second semester module which is OOP.

My main issues are basically dealing with the amount of coding involved and how it all comes together. I'm sure there are those of you out there who get this stuff no problem and who would be willing to help me with this:o

I am willing to pay whatever it takes to help me get a firm understanding of the subject. I dont even want to be a programmer or want to have a passing interesting in the subject, I just need to pass the modules so I can progress to the second year or at least consider my options during the summer.

My email is [email]<snip>[/email]

Looking forward to hearing from you guys/girls:)

Regards

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

Software & Development Forum-->Development

Better place to ask from looking round. I'll report post so a Mod may move.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭theedude27

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Save yourself the money and go to youtube.

e.g. Java Basic Course

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

Hi
    Not sure I understand your question but if you need to understand why you would use OOP I think I can help.

OOP is used to help with code changes,

Lets say you are working on an accounts program with loads of pages which require the vat rate of 23%. You will easily change the vat rate across your program if you have the vat rate set as an object peace of code.

Go to one file, make change to vat rate, change made everywhere.

I hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That's a very simplistic overview and wouldn't be sufficient for answering an exam question on OOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

That's a very simplistic overview and wouldn't be sufficient for answering an exam question on OOP.

Very true

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

I think he was trying to make it simplistic to make it easier to understand guys.

OP, try Youtube to learn how to program, and resort to Stack Overflow when you have a specific question or problem.

Our first year, second, and third years of our Java modules were based on Sams "Teach your Java in 21 days". So check that out if you're not a fan of staring at the computer screen in an attempt to learn:

http://workbench.cadenhead.org/go/java21days/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭theedude27

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I guess I wanted someone to break it down to me as easily as possible. I love computing and most of the modules on the course but programming just seems like it's from another universe at times!!!

Nevertheless I'll have a look over the youtube videos and the "teach yourself in 21 days" book.

Thanks again peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The Java Tutorials have everything you need to know. It is tough at first but if you keep at it it will get easier. When you get stuck come here and ask questions, we're occasionally useful. :pac:

Oh, and requests for grinds go into the Situations Vacant sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

^^^^newboston is the guy you want. Go teach em bucky.

Advertisement