Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Fogerty's New Album

Options
  • 20-04-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

John Fogerty releases 'Wrote a A Song For Everyone' on May 28th (his 68th birthday).

Its a 14 song album with 12 of his favourite Creedence/solo songs re-recorded with other artists and 2 brand new songs, Mystic Highway and Train of Fools'.

Anyone who likes CCR will love this.

Heres the track list.

1.Fortunate Son.. with The Foo fighters
    2.Almost Saturday Night, with Keith Urban
    3.Lodi. with Shane and Tyler Fogerty (his sons). This was recorded at Abbey Road and is a real traet. Spot the Beatles influence
    4.Mystic Highway
    5.Wrote A Song For Everyone. with Miranda Lambert and Tom Morello
    6.Bad Moon Rising with Zac Brown Band
    7.Long As I Can See The Light with My Morning Jacket
    8.Born on the bayou with Kid Rock
    9.Train of Fools
    10.Someday Never Comes, with Dawes
    11.Who'll Stop The Rain with Bob Seger
    12. Hot Road Heart with Brad Paisley
    13. Have You Ever Seen The Rain with Alan Jackson
    14. Proud Mary with Jennifer Hudson, Allan Toussant and the Rebirth Brass Band.

I've heard about half the songs on internet radio from the States and apart from one duff track (you know who you are, Kid Rock), its excellent and is going to sell by the shedload Stateside, given Fogerty's a legend and some of the collaborators are at the top of their game.

Highlights are Dave Grohl and Fogerty trading verses in Fortunate Son, the new song Mystic Highway, Lodi and Someday Never Comes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I like CCR but not sure if I want to hear the likes of Kid Rock singing classics. I know you said he is the only duff track, but I will reserve judgement, not excited so far, may change my opinion when I hear the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

I've been a CCR/Fogerty nut since they started out, and initially, I had the same reservations. As do many life long fans. But these reservations are fast disappearing. This is a quality product

The version of Fortunate Son with the Foos is excellent, Dave Grohl and Fogerty are good friends and compliment each other perfectly on the vocals.

The only track NOT recorded when the other artists were not in the studio at the same time as Fogerty is Kid Rocks, Born on the Bayou. And it shows. Its awful.

There is a definate nod to the Beatles and 'Get Back' in Lodi, which was recorded with his sons at Abbey Road last summer. Its a really good version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

superb news - this is great

only gripes are, no Green River and my fav CCR song is apparently butchered by kid rock

I'll be buying it none the less

Absolutely Love CCR/Forgerty

Sounds like you share my other passion, Spurs ?

Let me have your email addy, I have some more info on album

bayou wrote: »
    Sounds like you share my other passion, Spurs ?

Let me have your email addy, I have some more info on album

Yes indeed I do, tense couple of weeks ahead (as usual :))

• Advertisement

I'm hoping that it'll be like his collaboration with Springsteen in so much that it's Fogerty driving the song. Really looking forward to the album and praying on a tour, Fogerty alongside Paul Rodgers are for me, the greatest Rock voices of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

A big CCR fan here, will most likely buy the album when it is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Draper666

Bad Moon Rising :D can't wait to get this now

Album is out now.

Rolling Stone gave it 5 stars and general reviews are really positive.

The guitar solo on the title track by Tom Morello is incredible. Ronan Collins played my request for it today.

This album is going to be HUGE

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nigeldinho

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1fa3ed/i_am_john_fogerty_singer_songwriter_and_former/

Did a question and answer segment on reddit. Absolutely fantastic reading. Thought you all might like this.

• Advertisement

Loving the version of Lodi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Love fogerty. I went to see him in the albert hall a few years back and his dickhead brother or brother in law was videoing him...totally ruined the show. It dragged on all night, with breaks, backing band jams and shirt changes. Half the crowd was gone by well before the end because they had to catch their trains :D. He was very good; voice is nowhere as good as it was to sing the old stuff, but I really liked his last album Revival. Some really good tunes...don't you wish it was true, gunslinger...

Although when I think of John Fogerty (as opposed to CCR) all I hear is centrefield. Never before have i wanted to play baseball so bad but that usually passes by the end of the song :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

nigeldinho wrote: »
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1fa3ed/i_am_john_fogerty_singer_songwriter_and_former/

Did a question and answer segment on reddit. Absolutely fantastic reading. Thought you all might like this.

One of the best interviews of a popular musician I've ever read. How nice it is to hear fans asking the proper hardcore questions that they want to know answers to rather than the usual music magazine crap that focuses on everything but the music (ooh tell us about something that happened to you 40 years ago or your hell-raising days or when you fell out with other band members...zzzzzzzz)

Advertisement