Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admins that don't post

Options
  • 20-04-2013 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Just wondering what happend to bonkey, he's still an admin but....

"Last Activity: 19-02-2012 19:21" well over a year ago. He used to be the mod for the CT forum.

How does boards find out if a mod or admin is still alive, long after they have stopped posting? I remember one of the History and Heritage mods disappeared, don't know what happened to him either?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Certainly at Mod level we appreciate real life issues get in the way and mods often take a bit of time out. If we get notified in advance the CMods and Admins are generally very understanding and ensure there is adequate cover (we have been trying to get at least 2 mod in forums - clearly the busier ones have more) - they may be de-modded for a while, or simply be inactive while retaining mod status

Mods are no different from other users though - their anonymity is respected and if they are "AWOL" for an extended period and do not respond to PMs they can expect to be de-modded (there was a bit of a clean-up done recently with mods that had been inactive for a few months being "stepped-down")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

In fairness, Cloud is a founding member and probably part owner, I see where your coming from with real life situations.

If anything I hope this thread will get someone to PM bonkey to see if he's still alive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It'd be unusual that a volunteer on the site would disappear without letting someone know. It happens occasionally, though less so at CMod or Admin level. If someone remains labelled as a mod, CMod or Admin for any length of time after being absent from the site it's because they're taking a breather for any number of Real Life reasons with the green light of their co-mods etc.

If someone is a valued contributor, and their forum(s) are covered, then we'd like to think they'll return and see no need to de-cloak them while they sort stuff out. :)

Dades wrote: »
    It'd be unusual that a volunteer on the site would disappear without letting someone know. It happens occasionally, though less so at CMod or Admin level. If someone remains labelled as a mod, CMod or Admin for any length of time after being absent from the site it's because they're taking a breather for any number of Real Life reasons with the green light of their co-mods etc.

If someone is a valued contributor, and their forum(s) are covered, then we'd like to think they'll return and see no need to de-cloak them while they sort stuff out. :)

So bonkey is still alive then?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Chop Chop wrote: »
    So bonkey is still alive then?
    Yeah, I was chatting to him on Facebook earlier. We do tend to keep an eye out for each other. :)

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yeah, I was chatting to him on Facebook earlier. We do tend to keep an eye out for each other. :)

That's fab, do you know this fella was the only mod/admin, to kick CT into line?

This fella had a humility and a critical mind, he engaged with posters and was a legend. He was the captain of a tight ship, something that has been lacking recently. But I will say Penn is doing a good job.

Chop Chop wrote: »
    This fella had a humility and a critical mind... and was a legend.
    He still has, and still is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'm no legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ah you are though really... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

bonkey wrote: »
    I'm no legend.
    right which fukker said bonkey 5 times into a mirror?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

bonkey wrote: »
    I'm no legend.
    A leg-end perhaps?
    :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Everyone's fine, thanks.

I don't think we need to do this every few years.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Gordon's gone back to Slade Prison where he can learn a few more of the inmates tricks from that Norman Stanley Fletcher bloke, and bonkey's gone back to....

....bonking

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Everyone's fine, thanks.

Although it is a quite nice change that somebody is concerned for the wellbeing of some admins instead of the more normal post calling us Nazis or whatever. Thanks for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Everyone's fine, thanks.

Nothing to see here

Move along

Makes me suspicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nothing to see here

Move along

Makes me suspicious :)

Your suspiciousness makes me suspicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Back into your cages, the lot of you.

.... and that BuffyBot's too busy buffing his ....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Beasty wrote: »
    .... and that BuffyBot's too busy buffing his shiny demon possessed hamster army of Doooooooooooooom
    Did I get it right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Nody wrote: »
    Did I get it right?

Slaying vampires obviously, fools the lot of ye! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement