Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 35 Transfers.

• 20-04-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

Having held off on free transfer this week,so have 2 free this week to stock up on GW 36 players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Cazorla - Bale most likely. May take a hit and get an extra dgw player in a week early but will have to look at the fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i have 2 ft's too. will prob do cazorla to mata but will wait until after the europa league game thursday.
    will probably ship evra for dawson or vertonghen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

De Gea and Evra have been great, and hopefully they can give me 12 points on Monday, but they have to go. Fixtures are horrible and league is tied up. Have two FT's so looking at:

De Gea -> Hart
    Evra -> Vertonghen (or any City defender that's guaranteed to play both DGW matches?)

And might possibly take a 4 point hit to get rid of Santi, otherwise I might end up leaving him on the bench which is no good for someone I can get £9.8m for.

Santi -> Mata/Hazard/Lampard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Went for Santi--Bale,Arsenal are gone back to their 'let's try to walk it into the goal' tactic and the returns from Cazorla aren't justifying his price these days.At least Bale will actually shoot.

Santi to bale and fellaini back to sessegnon seems like the most obvious ones.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Santi to bale and fellaini back to sessegnon seems like the most obvious ones.

With Mirallis playing it means Fellaini dropping deep and at most he'll pick up 3 points there or else his usual booking to end up with 1.

Might swap him for Yaya (dgw) or Sess who has a new lease of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Cazorla to Bale (if he comes thru tomorrow) and Giroud to anyone else. Defoe, Tevez, Aguero, Kone, Dzeko all possibilities.

hmmm, if i do evra to dawson rather than vertonghen it means I can get mata for cazorla and hazard for fellaini.

would leave me with a midfield of bale - mata - hazard - walcott - Michu

(RVP, Suarez and Anichebe upfront)

Not sure if it'd be too much chelsea but really can't see the value in city's midfield with the cup final there, ya ya toure maybe?

I'll watch chelsea play today anyway and any decision i make will have to be after the europa league thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hogey007 wrote: »
    hmmm, if i do evra to dawson rather than vertonghen it means I can get mata for cazorla and hazard for fellaini.

would leave me with a midfield of bale - mata - hazard - walcott - Michu

(RVP, Suarez and Anichebe upfront)

Not sure if it'd be too much chelsea but really can't see the value in city's midfield with the cup final there, ya ya toure maybe?

I'll watch chelsea play today anyway and any decision i make will have to be after the europa league thursday

thats the exact front 8 I was aiming for only missing bale from the 8 at the moment. The other thing I was looking at was maloney for walcott and tevez for anichebe it would mean benching rvp or suarez gw 36.
    If looking at getting chelsea players in it depends on how their fixed for the top 4 just before gw 36, Im hoping spurs win today and chelsea lose 3 2 with hazard and mata scoring. That will mean they will have to be at full pelt in the league.

With girouds sending off we could see walcott playing centre forward for the next 3 games.

• Advertisement

With girouds sending off we could see walcott playing centre forward for the next 3 games.

that hadn't even crossed my mind but yeah good shout, might be worth keeping him so although the maloney/tevez combo does sound good too if you have enough transfers to cover it.
    How arsenal line up v united will give you an idication before the dgw anyway.

I'll only have 3 transfers before the dgw and not too keen on taking hits as it's a tough dgw. So while i'd like tevez in my team i wouldn't be able to get the cash to bring him in for anichebe and at this point i don't want to drop suarez or RVP.

will almost certainly do evra to dawson and cazorla to hazard/mata this week before chelsea play swansea at home. I might even do fellaini to the other one from hazard/mata at a 4 point hit giving me 1 more transfer the following week to maybe bring robles in for Bunn? I had intended keeping fellaini for the fulham game but he's playing so deep. all will depend on what i see from chelsea today & thurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Giroud out not sure who in. I don't think Tevez will play both games in Dgw with fa cup final a few days later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GW36 double team looks like this right now (DGW)

Robles
    Nastasic - Evra - Baines
    Bale - Yaya - Maloney - Michu
    Lukaku - RVP - Mirallas
    SUBS: Sagna, Turner, Walcott

This week, it's all about getting rid of Evra for Vertonghen for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    GW36 double team looks like this right now (DGW)

Robles
    Nastasic - Evra - Baines
    Bale - Yaya - Maloney - Michu
    Lukaku - RVP - Mirallas
    SUBS: Sagna, Turner, Walcott

This week, it's all about getting rid of Evra for Vertonghen for starters.

No Chelsea players? I'd also have worries about Lukaku, Nastasic and Yaya playing in both games.

Do people think any City defenders will play both DGW matches?

Debating whether Nastasic or Clichy would be a better shout than Vertonghen for the DGW.

roryc wrote: »

Debating whether Nastasic or Clichy would be a better shout than Vertonghen for the DGW.

very unlikely IMO unless utd lose the next two games. Joe Hart safest option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

very unlikely IMO unless utd lose the next two games. Joe Hart safest option.

City will rotate like mad now in the DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Is Kompany not nailed on? I was considering getting him in.

km79 wrote: »
    City will rotate like mad now in the DGW

Big time wouldnt bother wit their defenders now league is defo over.

Lemlin wrote: »
    No Chelsea players? I'd also have worries about Lukaku, Nastasic and Yaya playing in both games.

No Chelsea players YET but am holding off till last minute.

I think there will be doubts about most players for the double. I think Yaya will start both. Nastasic is a decent bet and Lukaku will probably play 120.

I'll focus on Spurs and Chelsea now.

• Advertisement

Vertonghen for sure. Only certainty in the Cith deftness now is Hart

Lescott came on as a striker for 90 seconds today.:pac:

A Chelsea win today and they are only 4 points behind City,perhaps rotation won't come into it as City surely won't want to finish 3rd.

Has everyone jumped on the Bale bandwagon yet? I was nervous that he'd only get a subs role today so left Cazorla in my team rather than risking the transfer the other night,hindsight is feckin' great:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Should i sell Suarez now before he gets banned and his price drops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Should i sell Suarez now before he gets banned and his price drops

Your username is the answer!

I'll wait until its confirmed first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Some folks are saying that's his last game for Liverpool and will be swiftly sold in the summer. Great player but his on and off the field antics really overshadow what he achieves goalscoring wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Any opinions on the better option between Fellaini v Fulham or Walcott at United. Can't afford to get rid of both this week after the Suarez debacle.

Also on the subject of Suarez - Lukaku, Tevez and Kone seem like reasonable options for the DGW but is Tevez likely to get any decent game time?

FA to review the Suarez incident,I reckon that today was his last game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Sturridge could be a good option. Liverpool have a nice run in and he should be the main man presuming suarez gets a ban. Be tough to bring him in ahead of a dgw player though. Defoe could hit form again but spurs don't have the easiest of run ins. Kone, tevez and lukaku also worth considering. Might take a risk on kone as have 30 pts to make up on my main rival. Defoe will probably be the most popular replacement for suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just brought Kompany and Defoe in for Harte and Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Forgot about Defoe. Is he likely to be starting the full 90 now that he's back do ye reckon? Adebayor surely can't be getting minutes at his expense for much longer.

Why did you do that now? Wait until hes confirmed out.

Also Defoe will likely not play the full 180

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Saurez, Fellani and michu all out, bale, sessangeon and Kone in.

Brought Kone in for the dgw that's coming up the week after next , reckon he could notch at least one considering Wigan are fighting for their life.

Saurez, Fellani and michu all out, bale, sessangeon and Kone in.

Brought Kone in for the dgw that's coming up the week after next , reckon he could notch at least one considering Wigan are fighting for their life.

michu to sessegnon for a 4 pt hit with a michu dgw the week after next is a strange one.

that hadn't even crossed my mind but yeah good shout, might be worth keeping him so although the maloney/tevez combo does sound good too if you have enough transfers to cover it.
    How arsenal line up v united will give you an idication before the dgw anyway.

I'll only have 3 transfers before the dgw and not too keen on taking hits as it's a tough dgw. So while i'd like tevez in my team i wouldn't be able to get the cash to bring him in for anichebe and at this point i don't want to drop suarez or RVP.

will almost certainly do evra to dawson and cazorla to hazard/mata this week before chelsea play swansea at home. I might even do fellaini to the other one from hazard/mata at a 4 point hit giving me 1 more transfer the following week to maybe bring robles in for Bunn? I had intended keeping fellaini for the fulham game but he's playing so deep. all will depend on what i see from chelsea today & thurs.

that was then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

zerks wrote: »
    FA to review the Suarez incident,I reckon that today was his last game this season.

Hope they won't take his 3 bonus points away... Sold him already, before the price drop. Brought Ba in for dgw, gambling a little there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

wonski wrote: »
    Hope they won't take his 3 bonus points away... Sold him already, before the price drop. Brought Ba in for dgw, gambling a little there...
    Why would they take his 3 bps away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Shamozzle wrote: »

Don't worry, they won't;)
    Next time i use smiley face to make sure noone takes it seriously:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Plan is Suarez, Giroud and Cazorla out for Tevez, Lukaku and Bale. Seems worth the 4 point hit.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Suarez. He's at £10.9 and I can sell him for £10.3 so the price drop last night didn't cost me anything. Tevez seems the most likely replacement.

wonski wrote: »
    Shamozzle wrote: »

Uncofirmed reports seem certain that Suarez is going to get an 8 match ban and the FA are also recommending that all Suarez owners on FPL be disqualified :eek:

• Advertisement

Uncofirmed reports seem certain that Suarez is going to get an 8 match ban and the FA are also recommending that all Suarez owners on FPL be disqualified :eek:

Seems fair regarding the FPL disqualification. That was a sickener of a goal for me. He was on 4 points in the 95th minute.

Swiper, what's the story with Vertonghen. he seems like he is alternating between CB and LB at the club, and he is FAR more dangerous at LB.

If he looks like is going to be playing CB for the rest of the season, I might just go with Dawson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I currently have RVP/Tevez/Suarez

But who to bring in for Suarez is really puzzling me.

Of the DGW players coming up, you cant really pick Ba or Torres. Its the ame with the Spurs strikers as you simply dont know who'll play.
    Lukaku and Kone are the others.

Any thoughts, have i missed someone from a DGW?

Slattsy wrote: »
    I currently have RVP/Tevez/Suarez

But who to bring in for Suarez is really puzzling me.

Of the DGW players coming up, you cant really pick Ba or Torres. Its the ame with the Spurs strikers as you simply dont know who'll play.
    Lukaku and Kone are the others.

Any thoughts, have i missed someone from a DGW?

Might be worth going with Sturridge. He looked very dangerous yesterday and will be Liverpools front man now. It's not all about teh DGW, Liverpool have some cracking fixtures to finish the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Might be worth going with Sturridge. He looked very dangerous yesterday and will be Liverpools front man now. It's not all about teh DGW, Liverpool have some cracking fixtures to finish the season.

Yeah fair point but although he was good yesterday, he is very hit and miss.
    But he will be playing as an out and out striker now and what i save i can have a very good front 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Evans, pienaar, Suarez > Dawson, bale, tevez

Leaves me with Dawson, michu, mata, bale, tevez and lakaku for the double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Seems fair regarding the FPL disqualification. That was a sickener of a goal for me. He was on 4 points in the 95th minute.

Swiper, what's the story with Vertonghen. he seems like he is alternating between CB and LB at the club, and he is FAR more dangerous at LB.

If he looks like is going to be playing CB for the rest of the season, I might just go with Dawson.

It's been a while since I've seen him at full back, himself and Dawson seem to be a nailed on partnership for now, particularly with options at left back. As far as I know all his goals this year have come while he's been at centre back, there's a big price difference between himself and Dawson and that's because the only chance Dawson has of being involved in attacking points is from corners, Verthongen has a hammer for a left foot, always dangerous going forward.

It's been a while since I've seen him at full back, himself and Dawson seem to be a nailed on partnership for now, particularly with options at left back. As far as I know all his goals this year have come while he's been at centre back, there's a big price difference between himself and Dawson and that's because the only chance Dawson has of being involved in attacking points is from corners, Verthongen has a hammer for a left foot, always dangerous going forward.

Excellent man thanks for that. He's some man for one man in fairness.

Suarez to Tevez has given me 6 for the DGW.Still have some room for another in defence as I plan to ditch Riether next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I am nearly 100% sure he was playing at left back when he scored against Man Utd at Old Trafford earlier in the season.

He will be centre back for the rest of the season with Assou-Ekotto and Naughton fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If Suarez is going to be banned, when would it be announced ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement