Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 35 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Sissoko, Fellani and Saurez Out, Bale, Yaya and Kone in..

For a 4 point hit

I am feeling instant regret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I am nearly 100% sure he was playing at left back when he scored against Man Utd at Old Trafford earlier in the season.

He will be centre back for the rest of the season with Assou-Ekotto and Naughton fit.

You are probably right there so, I had him in my FF team back then, when I visualise that goal he came through the middle, I assumed he was at CB that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

"The FA has charged Liverpool forward Luis Suarez with violent conduct.

"The charge follows an incident with Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic in yesterday's fixture at Anfield (21 April 2013).

"The incident was not seen by the match officials and has therefore been retrospectively reviewed.

"It is alleged that the conduct of Luis Suarez constitutes violent conduct and it is The FA's contention that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient in these circumstances.

"Suarez has until 6pm on Tuesday 23 April to respond to the charge, thereafter an Independent Disciplinary Commission will be convened this Wednesday, 24 April."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/fa-statement-on-luis-suarez

Gone for the rest of the season at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If Suarez is going to be banned, when would it be announced ?

it's been announced now, he has been charged with violent conduct and the FA feel the standard 3 match ban will not suffice.

Liverpool can appeal but I doubt they will, on what grounds could they? he's gone for the rest of the season.

His price drop tonight doesn't effect me so i'm going to take a bit of time to consider who to bring in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Not much for me to think about, Suarez to Cisse is only one that seems worth it. Points hit up to -8 now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not much for me to think about, Suarez to Cisse is only one that seems worth it. Points hit up to -8 now...

I think people are going mad with 8 point hits already.

Suarez will be banned but I'm going to wait on developments this week. If Aguero is fit he's a much better option than Tevez IMO.

Not to mention that Ba or Torres could pick up a knock and leave Chelsea with one fit striker ahead of a DGW.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think people are going mad with 8 point hits already.

Suarez will be banned but I'm going to wait on developments this week. If Aguero is fit he's a much better option than Tevez IMO.

Not to mention that Ba or Torres could pick up a knock and leave Chelsea with one fit striker ahead of a DGW.

was thinking the same myself. I can field a decent enough team this week without Suarez, as it stood, I had Michu left on the bench.

So might see how teams line up at the weekend. If defoe starts he might be worth looking at or even moving away from the dgw teams.

An injury to defoe/adebayor, torres/ba or tevez/dzeko/aguero would make things a little easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Unlikely that Suarez will drop now he's been given a red flag which means he needs 2.5 times the normal amount of transfers out .

Suarez could be available yet next weekend could he not?

Probably unlikely but nothing is confirmed yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Is Lindegaard likely to get any games once the league is wrapped up? Tempted to do de Gea to Foster at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hogey007 wrote: »
    it's been announced now, he has been charged with violent conduct and the FA feel the standard 3 match ban will not suffice.

Liverpool can appeal but I doubt they will, on what grounds could they? he's gone for the rest of the season.

His price drop tonight doesn't effect me so i'm going to take a bit of time to consider who to bring in for him.

thank you. I will lose .1 with the price drop, so I will be shipping him out tonight for someone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Unlikely that Suarez will drop now he's been given a red flag which means he needs 2.5 times the normal amount of transfers out .

Scratch that . 26000 transfers out since I wrote that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

What is Aguero situation at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Suarez could be available yet next weekend could he not?

Probably unlikely but nothing is confirmed yet
    The disiplinary hearing is on Wednesday will get his ban then can't see any appeal happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Getting in Sturridge is tempting, any DGW striker looking better? Kone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Kone or Lukaku would be the best budget choices. Lukaku might not start both games though, I'm still annoyed i switched him for berbatov two weeks ago.

Kone or Lukaku would be the best budget choices. Lukaku might not start both games though, I'm still annoyed i switched him for berbatov two weeks ago.

Looking to get rid of Berbatov tonight, 8.9m to spend so I'm open to players other than budget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

any city fans know what the craic is with aguero? need to get suarez out tonight for either tevez or aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dempsey wrote: »
    Looking to get rid of Berbatov tonight, 8.9m to spend so I'm open to players other than budget

tevez is 8.9 million and has a double game week coming up.
    also has west ham this coming game week and city are at home for it.

Suppose I need to give more information on my thinking and spending 8.9m on striker is actually not ideal when looking at the bigger picture.

Bunn / DDG

Rafael / Clyne / Dawson / Clichy / Baines

Mata / Michu / Fellaini / Cazorla / Townsend

RVP / Lambert / Berbatov

2 FT's & £1.6m in the bank

Getting rid of Berbatov (7.3m is his current selling price) is one move I'd like to do but I suppose getting Bale back should be a priority

Getting Tevez would be nice but getting Bale would then require at least 2 transfers then...

So its between Fellaini (Need to free up 1.5m) or Cazorla (straight swap with 0.8m to spare) to make way for Bale

Feedback is appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

FPL have Suarez down as suspended until 19 May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Invincible wrote: »
    FPL have Suarez down as suspended until 19 May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22250458

Three-match ban, but sounds likely it could be extended to GW38 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Have 2 FTs but think I'll go for these three:

Davies -> Verthongen
    Sissoko -> Bale
    Suarez -> Kone

Is Lindegaard likely to get any games once the league is wrapped up? Tempted to do de Gea to Foster at some stage.

i reckon he'll get 1 start out of the remaining 4, fergsuon likes to keep his squad players happy and now that the league is won i think lindegard will get a start, i think he'll field a full strength team v arsenal and chelsea and then with the trophy being awarded at home to swansea he'll want to start the majority of the players that won us the league so the most likely game for him to miss is the final game away to wba, but that's just guessing, i'd make sure i have a decent sub keeper because he could easily be rested before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Gone De Gea, Santi And Suarez OUT - Hart, Hazard and Tevez IN

Seasons over though after RVP's wonder display. Pressures off now, gonna just gamble for the last few games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i reckon he'll get 1 start out of the remaining 4, fergsuon likes to keep his squad players happy and now that the league is won i think lindegard will get a start, i think he'll field a full strength team v arsenal and chelsea and then with the trophy being awarded at home to swansea he'll want to start the majority of the players that won us the league so the most likely game for him to miss is the final game away to wba, but that's just guessing, i'd make sure i have a decent sub keeper because he could easily be rested before then.

By decent sub keeper you mean Robles, right??!;)

roryc wrote: »
    Gone De Gea, Santi And Suarez OUT - Hart, Hazard and Tevez IN

Seasons over though after RVP's wonder display. Pressures off now, gonna just gamble for the last few games!

was tevez because of funds? or you just went tevez over aguero on form/fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

demel and suarez out, kompany and kone in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

OUT Suarez,downing,fellaini.. IN tevez.bale, maloney:)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Suarez,RVP and de gea out, tevez aguero and harte in this week . next week mata and hazard in .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Suarez,RVP and de gea out, tevez aguero and harte in this week . next week mata and hazard in .

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

suarez, cazorla and evra out / tevez, bale, kompany in

fellaini out hazard in next week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Roonbox wrote: »
    woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

Lets hope it's not too late to convince him to change his mind :pac: Suraez and de gea make sense but I wouldn't touch Man City now let alone go for 3 players DGW or no DGW. The Fa cup will be an absolute priority now. Mata AND Hazard might be overkill too considering they play United and Spurs. I guess it could be worth a gamble but take more time and think, you have a week to mull things over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

I've done two transfers this week. Suarez and Fellaini out. Bale and Kone in. Plenty room to bring Tevez in for the DGW if I so wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fizman wrote: »
    Have 2 FTs but think I'll go for these three:

Davies -> Verthongen
    Sissoko -> Bale
    Suarez -> Kone

Why are you taking a points hit to transfer out Davies before his DGW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

I assume there is no point in getting RVP back in now with the league all done and dusted?

Better to use transfers on DGW players?

Thanos wrote: »
    I assume there is no point in getting RVP back in now with the league all done and dusted?

Better to use transfers on DGW players?

I'd start planning next season mate! This one is over for those that didn't have him this week, 30+ point swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Lets hope it's not too late to convince him to change his mind :pac: Suraez and de gea make sense but I wouldn't touch Man City now let alone go for 3 players DGW or no DGW. The Fa cup will be an absolute priority now. Mata AND Hazard might be overkill too considering they play United and Spurs. I guess it could be worth a gamble but take more time and think, you have a week to mull things over.

Suarez out tevez in is the only move so far , Rvp out is a risk but need to free up money to upgrade pinaar an fellaini in midfield . Rvp back in after the double . Could just do mata for the double as god knows who chelsea will play ! Trying to get 8 dgw players . Already have bale , michu , tevez so need to load up with 5 more in 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

RVP out isn't the worst decision in the world.

he will be rotated, it's almost certain. you'll be shítting yourself every GW if he's going to play. as well as this, Utd won't be playing at full pelt.

if you can't trust him to captain, it's worth questioning whether he's worth it.

also, end of season, especially when the title is wrapped up, is a weird time in FPL. you have to kind of look at teams who still have something to play for.

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland and Stoke are the big ones IMO.

• Advertisement

with city at home to west ham at the weekend i'll almost certainly go for either aguero or tevez to replace suarez. tevez seems to be the more popular.
    it means a 4 point hit but with it being for a dgw player i'm hoping i get that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »

he will be rotated, it's almost certain. you'll be shítting yourself every GW if he's going to play. as well as this, Utd won't be playing at full pelt.

if you can't trust him to captain, it's worth questioning whether he's worth it.

also, end of season, especially when the title is wrapped up, is a weird time in FPL. you have to kind of look at teams who still have something to play for.

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland and Stoke are the big ones IMO.
    spot on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yep, I agree with your assessment of teams, but I am not sure RVP will be rested as much as many think. There is no way Fergie is going to ease off as there is a record at stake - they need to win 5 from 5. I expect Hernandez and Van Persie to play most games for the rest of the season. Some of the fringe players (Buttner, Nani, Anderson, Smalling, Jones etc) will also see more game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep, I agree with your assessment of teams, but I am not sure RVP will be rested as much as many think. There is no way Fergie is going to ease off as there is a record at stake - they need to win 5 from 5. I expect Hernandez and Van Persie to play most games for the rest of the season. Some of the fringe players (Buttner, Nani, Anderson, Smalling, Jones etc) will also see more game time.

so you reckon Rooney is staying CM for the rest of the season?

i'm putting in the disclaimer right now, that i'm not selling him. not this week anyway :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

so you reckon Rooney is staying CM for the rest of the season?

i'm putting in the disclaimer right now, that i'm not selling him. not this week anyway :D

Yeah I have an inkling they might try it out in some games. Yeah I will make a decision on RVP next week (or earlier if Fergie says something about him).

As a United fan, SAF wont be happy just falling across the line. They will want to put a large a gap as possible between them and City. Having said that, I think the backline will be heavily rotated. United have plenty of excellent options there.

You beat us by 8 goals last year.
    We'll beat ye by 20 points this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As the saying goes "Ye who droppeth RVP and try to second guess Fergie will live in fear until the 38th sun has set"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ill be keeping van persie for the last 4 GWs but wont be captaining him for fear of rotation and utd taking their foot off the gas. Also last night was the first time in a long time utd put on a convincing attacking display(like the first half of the season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    I'd start planning next season mate! This one is over for those that didn't have him this week, 30+ point swing.

Ah hang on what? A 30-point swing over 38 weeks with a DGW still to come certainly doesn't make it over. Especially if you play in head-to-head leagues or have work/money leagues to compete in.

The beauty of GW36 is that there's no obvious captain. Michu? Bale? Mata? Aguero? Tevez?

All give a good chance of a swing. Even Aguero or Tevez decision could be a good differential, and I'm guessing the non-RVPer's have Aguero who if he plays is the superior option I reckon.

A couple of matchups in my work H2H league had 2 teams without RVP or without RVP as captain so very little impact.

Don't throw in the towel just yet Rory! Hang in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I brought in Tevez and Bale for Santi and Suarez this week. I'm joint top of my main league now after an average week despite having RVP as captain.

My rival has dropped the ball though as he only has 2 DGW players at the moment so I'm still confident of winning as I'm planning on having 9 DGW players for a 4 point hit. I'll be bringing in Defoe or Kone next week so I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Does anyone know if you win anything for winning the off the ball league?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

My actual team :

De Gea | Cerny

Mariappa | Harte | Sagna | Shaw | Wilson |

Cazorla | Mata | Michu | Fellaini | Sissoko

Van Persie | Suarez | Berbatov

Currently with 2FT the plan is to go as follows with a 8pt hit:

OUT: Cazorla, De Gea, Shaw, Suarez
    IN: Bale, Hart, Verthongen, Kone

Then, for the DGW there is still room for 2 more players…

Any opinions/suggestions are more than welcome !

8-10 wrote: »
    Ah hang on what? A 30-point swing over 38 weeks with a DGW still to come certainly doesn't make it over. Especially if you play in head-to-head leagues or have work/money leagues to compete in.

The beauty of GW36 is that there's no obvious captain. Michu? Bale? Mata? Aguero? Tevez?

All give a good chance of a swing. Even Aguero or Tevez decision could be a good differential, and I'm guessing the non-RVPer's have Aguero who if he plays is the superior option I reckon.

A couple of matchups in my work H2H league had 2 teams without RVP or without RVP as captain so very little impact.

Don't throw in the towel just yet Rory! Hang in there!

Nah I'm out! I've dropped from 10k to 20k in the space of a couple of days, solely down to RVP!! I hate him. But secretly I love him... I was patting myself on the back thinking getting rid of him was a good decision but the last week have proven how wrong it was. People that captained him the last three weeks made 66 points. My captains in the same period made me 20! He single handedly ruined my season!

If I grind on as I currently am I win almost certainly be ending the season somewhere between 10k and 25k, which won't make any difference to any league I'm in. I'm now 40 points off 10k and this is a massive hill to climb over the next few weeks through normal play, so instead I'll be going all for nothing with some wild captaincy choices and points hits galore so I'm as likely to finish outside the top 50k as I am to crack the top 10k

At least it will be fun for the last few weeks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement