Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 35 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    RVP out isn't the worst decision in the world.

he will be rotated, it's almost certain. you'll be shítting yourself every GW if he's going to play. as well as this, Utd won't be playing at full pelt.

if you can't trust him to captain, it's worth questioning whether he's worth it.

also, end of season, especially when the title is wrapped up, is a weird time in FPL. you have to kind of look at teams who still have something to play for.

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland and Stoke are the big ones IMO.
    spot on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RVP out isn't the worst decision in the world.

he will be rotated, it's almost certain. you'll be shítting yourself every GW if he's going to play. as well as this, Utd won't be playing at full pelt.

if you can't trust him to captain, it's worth questioning whether he's worth it.

also, end of season, especially when the title is wrapped up, is a weird time in FPL. you have to kind of look at teams who still have something to play for.

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland and Stoke are the big ones IMO.

Yep, I agree with your assessment of teams, but I am not sure RVP will be rested as much as many think. There is no way Fergie is going to ease off as there is a record at stake - they need to win 5 from 5. I expect Hernandez and Van Persie to play most games for the rest of the season. Some of the fringe players (Buttner, Nani, Anderson, Smalling, Jones etc) will also see more game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep, I agree with your assessment of teams, but I am not sure RVP will be rested as much as many think. There is no way Fergie is going to ease off as there is a record at stake - they need to win 5 from 5. I expect Hernandez and Van Persie to play most games for the rest of the season. Some of the fringe players (Buttner, Nani, Anderson, Smalling, Jones etc) will also see more game time.

so you reckon Rooney is staying CM for the rest of the season?

i'm putting in the disclaimer right now, that i'm not selling him. not this week anyway :D

so you reckon Rooney is staying CM for the rest of the season?

i'm putting in the disclaimer right now, that i'm not selling him. not this week anyway :D

Yeah I have an inkling they might try it out in some games. Yeah I will make a decision on RVP next week (or earlier if Fergie says something about him).

As a United fan, SAF wont be happy just falling across the line. They will want to put a large a gap as possible between them and City. Having said that, I think the backline will be heavily rotated. United have plenty of excellent options there.

You beat us by 8 goals last year.
    We'll beat ye by 20 points this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As the saying goes "Ye who droppeth RVP and try to second guess Fergie will live in fear until the 38th sun has set"

• Advertisement

Ill be keeping van persie for the last 4 GWs but wont be captaining him for fear of rotation and utd taking their foot off the gas. Also last night was the first time in a long time utd put on a convincing attacking display(like the first half of the season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    I'd start planning next season mate! This one is over for those that didn't have him this week, 30+ point swing.

Ah hang on what? A 30-point swing over 38 weeks with a DGW still to come certainly doesn't make it over. Especially if you play in head-to-head leagues or have work/money leagues to compete in.

The beauty of GW36 is that there's no obvious captain. Michu? Bale? Mata? Aguero? Tevez?

All give a good chance of a swing. Even Aguero or Tevez decision could be a good differential, and I'm guessing the non-RVPer's have Aguero who if he plays is the superior option I reckon.

A couple of matchups in my work H2H league had 2 teams without RVP or without RVP as captain so very little impact.

Don't throw in the towel just yet Rory! Hang in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I brought in Tevez and Bale for Santi and Suarez this week. I'm joint top of my main league now after an average week despite having RVP as captain.

My rival has dropped the ball though as he only has 2 DGW players at the moment so I'm still confident of winning as I'm planning on having 9 DGW players for a 4 point hit. I'll be bringing in Defoe or Kone next week so I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Does anyone know if you win anything for winning the off the ball league?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

My actual team :

De Gea | Cerny

Mariappa | Harte | Sagna | Shaw | Wilson |

Cazorla | Mata | Michu | Fellaini | Sissoko

Van Persie | Suarez | Berbatov

Currently with 2FT the plan is to go as follows with a 8pt hit:

OUT: Cazorla, De Gea, Shaw, Suarez
    IN: Bale, Hart, Verthongen, Kone

Then, for the DGW there is still room for 2 more players…

Any opinions/suggestions are more than welcome !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

8-10 wrote: »
    Ah hang on what? A 30-point swing over 38 weeks with a DGW still to come certainly doesn't make it over. Especially if you play in head-to-head leagues or have work/money leagues to compete in.

The beauty of GW36 is that there's no obvious captain. Michu? Bale? Mata? Aguero? Tevez?

All give a good chance of a swing. Even Aguero or Tevez decision could be a good differential, and I'm guessing the non-RVPer's have Aguero who if he plays is the superior option I reckon.

A couple of matchups in my work H2H league had 2 teams without RVP or without RVP as captain so very little impact.

Don't throw in the towel just yet Rory! Hang in there!

Nah I'm out! I've dropped from 10k to 20k in the space of a couple of days, solely down to RVP!! I hate him. But secretly I love him... I was patting myself on the back thinking getting rid of him was a good decision but the last week have proven how wrong it was. People that captained him the last three weeks made 66 points. My captains in the same period made me 20! He single handedly ruined my season!

If I grind on as I currently am I win almost certainly be ending the season somewhere between 10k and 25k, which won't make any difference to any league I'm in. I'm now 40 points off 10k and this is a massive hill to climb over the next few weeks through normal play, so instead I'll be going all for nothing with some wild captaincy choices and points hits galore so I'm as likely to finish outside the top 50k as I am to crack the top 10k

At least it will be fun for the last few weeks!

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    Nah I'm out! I've dropped from 10k to 20k in the space of a couple of days, solely down to RVP!! I hate him. But secretly I love him... I was patting myself on the back thinking getting rid of him was a good decision but the last week have proven how wrong it was. People that captained him the last three weeks made 66 points. My captains in the same period made me 20!

If I grind on as I currently am I win almost certainly be ending the season somewhere between 10k and 25k, which won;t make any difference to any league I'm in. I'm now 40 points off 10k and this is a massive hill to climb over the next few weeks through normal play, so instead I'll be going all for nothing with some wild captaincy choices and points hits galore so I'm as likely to finish outside the top 50k as I am to crack the top 10k

At least it will be fun for the last few weeks!

Spurs, Chelsea and City all with super fixtures this week and a DGW. 12-16 point hit this week but pick the obvious captain.

I'm not even joking.

Fortune favours the bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Ill be keeping van persie for the last 4 GWs but wont be captaining him for fear of rotation and utd taking their foot off the gas. Also last night was the first time in a long time utd put on a convincing attacking display(like the first half of the season).

Yeah I think I will keep him too, until I see him rested or rotated with my own eyes (not media speculation etc, I remember that comment from Fergie saying whole squad will be used etc which people read into that RVP will be rotated!).

SLickRic made great post on RVP though, and I have looked into possible transfers but am unable to see any! With Tevez replacing Suarez in my team who is there to bring in for RVP?

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear as I have no idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

moreau wrote: »
    Yeah I think I will keep him too, until I see him rested or rotated with my own eyes (not media speculation etc, I remember that comment from Fergie saying whole squad will be used etc which people read into that RVP will be rotated!).

SLickRic made great post on RVP though, and I have looked into possible transfers but am unable to see any! With Tevez replacing Suarez in my team who is there to bring in for RVP?

If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear as I have no idea!!

Defoe maybe???

Henwin wrote: »
    Defoe maybe???

Yeah have looked at Defoe and Aguero but look at the last 6 games of these guys.

I am a type of player that needs evidence of fitness (eg Tevez has played 90 mins in all of last 5 games).

I could understand people taking a punt on these guys though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i was going to leave my suarez 'out' transfer until the weekend but with tevez due to rise in price tonight i went with my instinct and picked him, while aguero is the better of the 2 i think like most his lack of gametime concerns me. And also i think of the 2 tevez is more likely to get more gametime in the dgw. there's a good chance city will be cruising by half time in the final and may bring on dzeko after 60 minutes or so.

Anyway, i just did the transfer now to get it over and done with, will save me agonising all week on if i should get aguero/ba/kone/defoe/tevez, it's done now.
    I think the majority will go with tevez and they could destroy west ham so for peace of mind i've went with him too.

that's my 2 FT's of the week done, caz to mata and suarez to tevez.
    i plan on doing evra to dawson/vertonghen next week and fellaini to hazard leaving me with 7 dgw players at a 4 point hit.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i was going to leave my suarez 'out' transfer until the weekend but with tevez due to rise in price tonight i went with my instinct and picked him, while aguero is the better of the 2 i think like most his lack of gametime concerns me. And also i think of the 2 tevez is more likely to get more gametime in the dgw. there's a good chance city will be cruising by half time in the final and may bring on dzeko after 60 minutes or so.

Anyway, i just did the transfer now to get it over and done with, will save me agonising all week on if i should get aguero/ba/kone/defoe/tevez, it's done now.
    I think the majority will go with tevez and they could destroy west ham so for peace of mind i've went with him too.

Yep did it last night too. The only choice really:

1. Everyone is doing it (see Total FPL transfers)
    2. Tevez is forth highest scoring striker despite heavy rotation.
    3. He has played 90 mins in last 5 games and scored 4 goals in last 7.
    4. Great fixture this week so makes no sense holding off for GW36 (in which he prob won't get 180 mins anyway)
    5. Great option for captain this week
    6. Price rise too as you said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

4. Great fixture this week so makes no sense holding off for GW36 (in which he prob won't get 180 mins anyway)

can't argue with any of those, my thoughts exactly for bringing him in. the extra cash saved over aguero might just be able to see me squeeze vertonghen into my team too.

summed it up perfectly there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I brought in Tevez and Bale for Santi and Suarez this week. I'm joint top of my main league now after an average week despite having RVP as captain.

My rival has dropped the ball though as he only has 2 DGW players at the moment so I'm still confident of winning as I'm planning on having 9 DGW players for a 4 point hit. I'll be bringing in Defoe or Kone next week so I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Does anyone know if you win anything for winning the off the ball league?

I won it before and got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Who to transfer in for Suarez? Already have RVP and Tevez.

Thinking Defoe, will he start before Ade?

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe Defoe but fitness doubt as you say

Do you have any dead wood in midfield?

You could bring in Kone and upgrade a midfielder with DGW in mind

RVP,tevez,Kone isn't bad IMO, with a new big hitter in midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Mulling over various options for getting Bale back in advance of the DGW.

Cazorla / Jussi > Bale / Robles (Wigan)
    Cazorla / Lambert > Bale / Lukaku
    Cazorla / Fellaini > Bale / Any Suggestions

Based on the numbers as much as anything. Aiming for 8 DGW players so somewhat constrained on who I can sell. Anyone know if Robles is genuinely number 1 now? Have Begovic as my 2nd GK.

Begovic
    Luiz Baines Davies (Swansea)
    Michu Mata Fellaini Cazorla
    Lambert VP Sturridge
    Jussi Maloney Clyne Harte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Would Vertongen and Dawnson be overkill in Spurs defence?
    Have Zab, Sagna, Dawson, Samba (Would be transferred) and Harte.

Also Mata or Hazard? (For Fellaini)

Have two free transfers, figured when I do santi and Suarez to bale and tevez that I'd have around .5 left over so ill do that on Friday night, no rush on the money side at this part of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

richieffff wrote: »
    Would Vertongen and Dawnson be overkill in Spurs defence?

If it were any other Spurs defender it probably would be overkill as they've been not been up up to much defensively, plus they're playing Chelsea in the second game which is likely to be a write off in terms of clean sheets. Maybe a Wigan or West Brom guy could be an option also.

I'd definitely get in one of Mata / Hazard if you haven't already, especially if Fellaini isn't playing his usual advanced role.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No free transfers so thinking

Saurez and Sissoko out Bale and Tevez in for a 4 point hit

What do ye think?

No free transfers so thinking

Saurez and Sissoko out Bale and Tevez in for a 4 point hit

What do ye think?

my God, yes.

anyone with Suarez, this is your chance to, unreservedly, sort out your team for the last few weeks really.

a 4 point hit is fúck all in those circumstances.

basically...

if you have Suarez, don't be at all scared to take points hits. especially on DGW players. you'll make it back easy by the end of the season bar injury.

absolute no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

richieffff wrote: »
    Would Vertonghen and Dawnson be overkill in Spurs defence?

I dont think so, He's the top scoring defender in the league with 5 goals along with Ivanovic but he's a guaranteed to start unlike Ivanovic.

I have Dawson aswell and will be bringing in Verthonghen next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I dont think so, He's the top scoring defender in the league with 5 goals along with Ivanovic but he's a guaranteed to start unlike Ivanovic.

I have Dawson aswell and will be bringing in Verthonghen next week.

Is Ivan not a guaranteed starter? I was half thinking of bringing him in - but obviously I won't if he's not guaranteed to start. I already have Dawson.

Advertisement