Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 35 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Is Ivan not a guaranteed starter? I was half thinking of bringing him in - but obviously I won't if he's not guaranteed to start. I already have Dawson.

He usually starts but Chelsea have a Europa league semi-final over 2 legs coming up so I'd expect him to be rested for 1 of those DGW matches.

Just had a look at his history there and he's been rested twice since the start of the year. At least with Verthonghen you know he will play when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So Suarez to ??? I'm thinking Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

So Suarez to ??? I'm thinking Tevez.

Thats what i did. Also Gerrard to Bale for a 4 point hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Another one here who is gonna have to ditch Suarez for someone. Tevez seems the best choice, but I have a feeling Defoe could be a nice option. Might leave it until the last minute as I'm not going to stress too much on price changes at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Another one here who is gonna have to ditch Suarez for someone. Tevez seems the best choice, but I have a feeling Defoe could be a nice option. Might leave it until the last minute as I'm not going to stress too much on price changes at this stage.

Ya I will be getting Defoe in to partner Tevez for the DGW. You would think he should get a start now considering Ade's shocking form.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Jack Lumber

Suarez out, Tevez in.
    Cazorla out, Bale in.

Easiest two transfers I've ever had to make.

Suarez out Tevez in.

Sorely tempted by these points hits too. Over the next two GW anyway..

Santi out, Bale in
    Fellaini out, Michu in

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How do the following transfers between now and the DGW sound?

Arteta -> Mata
    Sissoko -> Maloney
    Lambert -> Defoe
    Mirallas -> Tevez
    Baines -> Defender at around 6 million or less

Now I'm not an idiot and know the first 2 are no brainers, but I'm tempted to wait with Lambert and Mirallas as they face WBA and Fulham respectively and both are at home. If I were to bring Tevez in this week which forward would be more droppable? I'm edging towards Lambert at the moment but Mirallas will realistically only provide an assist threat.

Also I already have Dawson so probably not looking at another Spurs. Mertesacker interests me as Arsenal have 2 nice games against QPR and Wigan the following week, 37.

Mata is perilously close to going up, just under 99%. I'd really rather wait until tomorrow night just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ahh, can't figure out if Mata will go up....I'd love if he didn't so I can see what happens tomorrow before getting him, and deciding who to get him in for!

I can afford the 0.1, so might just hold off, and cross my fingers he doesn't go up!

Edit: If stupid people stopped transferring him in BEFORE his midweek game this would be much easier on everyone!

Ahh, can't figure out if Mata will go up....I'd love if he didn't so I can see what happens tomorrow before getting him, and deciding who to get him in for!

I can afford the 0.1, so might just hold off, and cross my fingers he doesn't go up!

Edit: If stupid people stopped transferring him in BEFORE his midweek game this would be much easier on everyone!

I'm in the same predicament, I keep refreshing fiso. The way it's going it'll hit 100% bang on 2 o'clock. The 0.1 may be vital or may not depending on what defender I replace Baines with next week.

If you can't beat em' join em' 99.8% with 30 odd minutes is cutting it too fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm in the same predicament, I keep refreshing fiso. The way it's going it'll hit 100% bang on 2 o'clock. The 0.1 may be vital or may not depending on what defender I replace Baines with next week.

If you can't beat em' join em' 99.8% with 30 odd minutes is cutting it too fine.

Plus, he's 102.5% (or something) on TotalFPL. Though apparently Fiso is more accurate.

Edit: over 100% on fiso too. Went ahead and made the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

What are people' thoughts on Ba? I am thinking he should start this weekend and at least one of the doubles..
    Chelsea minefield..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

El festino wrote: »
    What are people' thoughts on Ba? I am thinking he should start this weekend and at least one of the doubles..
    Chelsea minefield..

With him being cup tied in EL, he should be given more minutes than Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chelsea minefield..

There's definitely safer dgw attacking options, Ba be a bit of a gamble but could pay off, though Torres seems to be more in favour of late, jmo

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

manual_man wrote: »
    There's definitely safer dgw attacking options, Ba be a bit of a gamble but could pay off, though Torres seems to be more in favour of late, jmo

Who are you thinking are safer apart from Kone and Lukaka? Not pushed on these two but if pushed i would say kone.

Tevez slight risk with cup final
    Defoe - some fitness concerns
    Ba - rotation risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is Aguerro injured or what's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Who are you thinking are safer apart from Kone and Lukaka? Not pushed on these two but if pushed i would say kone.

Ba - rotation risk

Defoe is going nowhere near my team,brought him in twice this season as he promised so much only to fail spectacularly.

Got Kone instead along with Tevez who should play as he seems to be the only frontman that Mancini can trust to put in a shift lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Defoe is a real form player though, having scored a good goal last week he's likely to go on a run, big concern is whether he will start 3 or more of the remaining games, Bale is gonna play behind the striker and Adebayors strength and supposed ball winning ability might be a more prized asset for AVB and he may retain his starting place with Defoe being introduced later, who knows, but I too would be wary of having Defoe in my FF team, if I felt he would start he'd be a great guy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 deebag14

Defoe is too risky i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ba - rotation risk

I'm going with just kone myself. Other than him I'd say tevez is a decent bet, Defoe possibly too but you wouldn't be sure, lukaku should play both but I wouldn't be convinced with wba's fixtures

• Advertisement

Chris Hughton on Mickey Turner
    Turner will miss this weekend and is touch and go for Villa.
    Marc Wilson is touch and go as well according to Pulis.

No Turner and no Wilson makes Mr.Prodston go.....something something

"Go Crazy?

Don't mind if I do......:eek: :eek: :mad: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chris Hughton on Mickey Turner Marc Wilson is touch and go as well according to Pulis.

No Turner and no Wilson makes Mr.Prodston go.....something something

"Go Crazy?

Don't mind if I do......:eek: :eek: :mad: :eek:

Get one or both out for a WBA/Swans/Wigan defender ahead of the double

8-10 wrote: »
    Get one or both out for a WBA/Swans/Wigan defender ahead of the double

I've got Dawson, Enrique and Baines too so my plan was to probably take a chance and maybe downgrade Baines to upgrade to Tevez maybe next week. I've got Bunn and De Gea so between them one will surely start in goal, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Play fellani or get in bale for a 4 pt hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i'd do the bale transfer if you want to play it safe, while fellaini is still capable of getting a goal or two he has been playing deep lately.

Most people will have Bale and you could lose serious ground if he runs riot whereas if fellaini racks up a high score and you've sold him the damage will be a lot less.

I know you had been planning on getting Bale in for the dgw anyway so if you do it now for a 4 point hit it gives you an extra transfer next week so you could gain those 4 points back anyway with an extra dgw player.

I have fellaini myself and was probably going to bring in hazard for a 4 point hit but then having to make an extra transfer for suarez means i'd need to take an 8 point hit because i'd need to downgrade evra too to be able to afford hazard.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i'd do the bale transfer if you want to play it safe, while fellaini is still capable of getting a goal or two he has been playing deep lately.

Most people will have Bale and you could lose serious ground if he runs riot whereas if fellaini racks up a high score and you've sold him the damage will be a lot less.

I know you had been planning on getting Bale in for the dgw anyway so if you do it now for a 4 point hit it gives you an extra transfer next week so you could gain those 4 points back anyway with an extra dgw player.

I have fellaini myself and was probably going to bring in hazard for a 4 point hit but then having to make an extra transfer for suarez means i'd need to take an 8 point hit because i'd need to downgrade evra too to be able to afford hazard.
    Im convinced bale it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

In a similar position trying to weigh up whether to take a -8 this week or a -4 next week.

Already taken a -4 this week (Benteke/Kone -> Suarez/Berbatov). My DGW plan involves getting Harte and Mata in for DDG and Fellaini.

If I was to take a further -4 this week then would it seems to make more sense to get Harte in for DDG and leave Mata until next week.

Or just leave both until next week?

John83 wrote: »
    In a similar position trying to weigh up whether to take a -8 this week or a -4 next week.

Already taken a -4 this week (Benteke/Kone -> Suarez/Berbatov). My DGW plan involves getting Harte and Mata in for DDG and Fellaini.

If I was to take a further -4 this week then would it seems to make more sense to get Harte in for DDG and leave Mata until next week.

Mata is probably only worth doing this week if you plan on captaining him.

hasn't been playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

would be very surprised if hart didn't keep a cs at home to west ham and i don't think united will keep a cs so right there you've got your 4 points back if that happens.

i was very wary of not having Mata for a home game to swansea so got him in for Caz, as i was saying in my last post, Fellaini is capable of scoring well but hasn't been lately, so it's really a question of if you want to take the risk of not having mata, him not starting last night would suggest that he's going to start sunday.
    Could go eitherway so it's one you have to make a call on yourself but getting mata now for the hit is probaly the safer option.

Advertisement