Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony handycam software

Options
  • 20-04-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

i have lost software for using my sony handycam model dcr trv 16e ,on my computer ,i have tried sony without success ,.Is there some programme i can download that will recognise my camera, My youngest daughter just got married and i have tape in my camera but i cant put it on dvd as ,grateful for any help

ANTO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

tony melia wrote: »
    i have lost software for using my sony handycam model dcr trv 16e ,on my computer ,i have tried sony without success ,.Is there some programme i can download that will recognise my camera, My youngest daughter just got married and i have tape in my camera but i cant put it on dvd as ,grateful for any help

You can get the driver here
    You'll need som kind of movie editing software to import the video from the camcorder. Windows Media Player will work but it's fairly limited in terms of editing. What operating system in on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

mordeith wrote: »
    You can get the driver here
    You'll need som kind of movie editing software to import the video from the camcorder. Windows Media Player will work but it's fairly limited in terms of editing. What operating system in on your PC?
    my system is windows 7

The driver is compatible up to Windows XP so you may have to run the installer in compatability mode to get it to work in Windows 7.

The driver is compatible up to Windows XP so you may have to run the installer in compatability mode to get it to work in Windows 7.
    sorry i am computer idiot,how do i do that,,is this not just an update programme

anto

sorry i am computer idiot,how do i do that,,is this not just an update programme

anto

No, a driver is need for the computer to recognise the device when plugged in. Download the file in the link. Right click and select Run in compatiability mode. Choose XP from the list and run the program.

• Advertisement

No, a driver is need for the computer to recognise the device when plugged in. Download the file in the link. Right click and select Run in compatiability mode. Choose XP from the list and run the program.
    Great stuff my computer now recognises my camera which is great,but there is no programme to download to, windows media wont work ,sorry to keep bothering you ,but do you have any suggestions

Anto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

ithink i have a bogus windows ,cannot go to microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I think you'll also need an iLink or Firewire Cable to transfer Video to your computer (which will also need a Firewire/iLink port). As suggested above Moviemaker should allow you to import any video from tape to your computer and control the camera directly from the computer too.

What happens when you click the link above ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    I think you'll also need an iLink or Firewire Cable to transfer Video to your computer (which will also need a Firewire/iLink port). As suggested above Moviemaker should allow you to import any video from tape to your computer and control the camera directly from the computer too.

What happens when you click the link above ?

Ken
    the programme windows 7 is not cosher if i go to microsoft updates or programmes my computer crash??? i think ,, I have just got a programme from sony ,latvia , but it will not detect my camera they tell me i need an ilink ???

Anto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

the programme windows 7 is not cosher if i go to microsoft updates or programmes my computer crash??? i think ,, I have just got a programme from sony ,latvia , but it will not detect my camera they tell me i need an ilink ???

Anto

iLink is what Sony call Firwire (IEEE 1394). You need that cable to connect the camera to your computer to transfer video. It' will require you to have a Firewire/IEEE1394/iLink port on your computer or you will need to source a card to add the ports.

The USB cable only works for the built in MemoryStick.

There are some free Video Editors you could try but any form of video editing will require a bit of learning.

Connecting the camera via an iLink cable will probably not show anything up in Windows, but video editing software should pick it up and allow control of the camera within the program.

PC World/Currys sell various Video software packages, Pinnacle Studio is quite reasonable though I can't comment on the quality/facilities it offers. I think Nero also comes with a Video Editor and DVD authoring program which might suit you, not cheap though ! They provide a 12 day Free Trial version on their website for download which might be sufficient for your needs.

Is your version of Windows 7 genuine by the way ? If it's not then you won't be able to download any updates from Microsoft. Did you activate it online ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    iLink is what Sony call Firwire (IEEE 1394). You need that cable to connect the camera to your computer to transfer video. It' will require you to have a Firewire/IEEE1394/iLink port on your computer or you will need to source a card to add the ports.

The USB cable only works for the built in MemoryStick.

There are some free Video Editors you could try but any form of video editing will require a bit of learning.

Connecting the camera via an iLink cable will probably not show anything up in Windows, but video editing software should pick it up and allow control of the camera within the program.

PC World/Currys sell various Video software packages, Pinnacle Studio is quite reasonable though I can't comment on the quality/facilities it offers. I think Nero also comes with a Video Editor and DVD authoring program which might suit you, not cheap though ! They provide a 12 day Free Trial version on their website for download which might be sufficient for your needs.

Is your version of Windows 7 genuine by the way ? If it's not then you won't be able to download any updates from Microsoft. Did you activate it online ?

Ken
    I will try get one of them programmes ,i was told to turn of up dates which i done ,i made that mistake earlier and it crashed ,i got it reloaded with windows 7 again now working ok just afraid one of my grand kids might turn it on....Anyway thanks for all your help
    Anto

Advertisement