Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florabest shredder

Options
  • 20-04-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭

This is a bit of a long shot, but I bought a Florabest FLH 2500-8 ages ago in Lidl. I never used it but today I tried to start it and no luck (hardly surprising really!)
    I have lost the manual and can't find one on line - really all I want to know is does anyone know how the switches work. There is a blue and red on-off, but there is also a rectangular soft yoke beside it and I cannot figure what it does. I can't see any other switches.

If it is just a matter of hitting the blue/red button then I am lost as there isn't a suggestion of life in it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hi Looksee,

A picture of the switch arrangement would help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

looksee wrote: »
    This is a bit of a long shot, but I bought a Florabest FLH 2500-8 ages ago in Lidl. I never used it but today I tried to start it and no luck (hardly surprising really!)
    I have lost the manual and can't find one on line - really all I want to know is does anyone know how the switches work. There is a blue and red on-off, but there is also a rectangular soft yoke beside it and I cannot figure what it does. I can't see any other switches.

If it is just a matter of hitting the blue/red button then I am lost as there isn't a suggestion of life in it!

They are back in stock in Lidl at the moment.

Some of them silll on sale in Lidl Coolock at the moment.

This might be of some use to you?,if you can understand German?:)

Check the lead and plug at both ends and the fuse aswell,as you never know.

There might be a safety cut off that kicks in untill the collector box below is fully locked into place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

As Paddy 147 says, most shredders have a failsafe device which prevents operation unless they are assembled properly. My own also requires that the switch is held in the "ON" position for 5 secs. If you contact Lidl Customer Service, Freephone 1800 347447, they may be able to help you source a manual, I've always found them very obliging.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for your help all, sorry about the delay in getting back. Yes, there is a failsafe device. First I didn't have the bucket properly pushed in, but also there was a rather insignificant handle on the back of the bucket that I had not seen, and that had to be in the on position. Then it started fine!

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help all, sorry about the delay in getting back. Yes, there is a failsafe device. First I didn't have the bucket properly pushed in, but also there was a rather insignificant handle on the back of the bucket that I had not seen, and that had to be in the on position. Then it started fine!

Sweet.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭martinosullivan

2016-11-02%2019.42.14-1.jpg
    2016-11-02%2019.43.47.jpg
    2016-11-02%2019.42.37.jpg
    2016-11-02%2019.46.49.jpg

I have a FLORABEST FMH 2400 garden shredder and the blades are not turning

The motor is running, however it is not turning the blades.

I have removed all the screws; however I can’t open it to get into the motor. I am assuming that a belt has come off a pulley, however does anyone have any idea how to open one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

? that does not look even remotely like my shredder!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭martinosullivan

? that does not look even remotely like my shredder!

here is what it looks like after I put it back together. The problem was the drive belt.

2016-11-04%2012.39.41.jpg

It is quite tricky to get apart.

now if anyone knows where I would get a drive belt for a FLORABEST FMH 2400/10 Garden Shredder.

The belt has the following numbers written on it. 9P j420

written one below the other are the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

here is what it looks like after I put it back together. The problem was the drive belt.

2016-11-04%2012.39.41.jpg

It is quite tricky to get apart.

now if anyone knows where I would get a drive belt for a FLORABEST FMH 2400/10 Garden Shredder.

The belt has the following numbers written on it. 9P j420

written one below the other are the numbers

Einhell make a lot of Lidl garden power tools so it may be them. Why not just ring the Lidl customer service number and ask to be put through to their service centre for Florabest tools, I'm sure they could tell you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement