Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 6: Design & Features, What Would You Like To See?

• 20-04-2013 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

With the 5s most likely to have only a few little improvements over the 5, the 6 will (hopefully) have a whole new redesign.

I just wondered what some of you are expecting and hoping for design and feature wise?

I think something like this concept would make a lovely design: iPhone 6 Concept

I'd assume they will be going for a better camera to keep up with competition, say 12 or 13MP?

I'd like to see maybe 2GB RAM added too, any ideas on possible processors, display, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Herrick wrote: »
    With the 5s most likely to have only a few little improvements over the 5, the 6 will (hopefully) have a whole new redesign.

I just wondered what some of you are expecting and hoping for design and feature wise?

I think something like this concept would make a lovely design: iPhone 6 Concept

I'd assume they will be going for a better camera to keep up with competition, say 12 or 13MP?

I'd like to see maybe 2GB RAM added too, any ideas on possible processors, display, etc?

For the first time in a while, I actually dont care. I love my iPhone, but packing it with superfluous stuff that I'd never use is the one thing I dont want. Making it lighter, thinner and more durable is a given, but that might mean taking stuff out.

Better camera is dodgy, I'd like to see them improve the already good sensor, there is no need to up the MP. You only need more RAM, if a)Theres space for it and b) there are apps to use it. It would be useful to bump it if there was a change in how iOS multitasking works, but I dont really see it. The processor will be either a modified A6 or an A7.

Whats really interesting though is what may come from iOS7 this year.

I dont like looking at concepts, they're more than often very nice to look at but there is no point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Megapixels mean f*ck all really. I'd like to see a better sensor and better camera software - make it easier to select a potrait option for example.

Apple usually produce aesthetically pleasing products so I won't be getting too hung up on what it might look like.

I'm more interested in what they do with iOS7.

I'd like more options for using third party apps from the 'share' or 'edit' menus like in Android and the ability to change default apps. Not a major thing, but I've found it useful when using Android.

I'd also like easier access to wifi and BT.

miralize wrote: »
    I dont like looking at concepts, they're more than often very nice to look at but there is no point.

This.

Utterly pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I'd also like easier access to wifi and BT.

Like the drop down menu in Android?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Personally I must say though I didn't like the look of the 5, it was too stretched, reminded me of a TV remote :pac:

Although if the 6 kept the length of the 5, but also widened it a bit, I'd be happy.

• Advertisement

Herrick wrote: »
    Like the drop down menu in Android?

Yeah like that, but I'd be surprised if Apple replicated it to such a degree.

I'd imagine, if they were to add something like that, they'd do it slightly differently. Or at least present it differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'd like it to look like the current iPod touch.

I love the design of the touch. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I want that phone in the concept. I want to move back to the most excellent 30pin connector and have a huge screen and have my iPhone looking like a Sony phone. All those things were awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I've had an Android for a few months now. In terms of UI, it is truly awful. Definitely moving back to iPhone. The only two features I would take from it are:

1. Text resizing to fit the screen - this is brilliant, and much quicker than Reader.
    2. Easy access to commonly toggled settings like WiFi.

Otherwise, iOS reigns supreme.

Also, concepts tend to be full of 'shiny' but, in terms of day to day ux be absolutely terrible. They often suffer from the 'featuritis' that the S4 has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

The new one will probably reflect the ipad mini & rumoured ipad design. Loose the rear glass & replace it with a solid aluminium shell

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I would have said the same — until I held both and the latest one is a thing of beauty. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Firsty an iPhone 6 rather than a iPhone 5S. The reported overhaul to IOS is a big step in the right direction but there's more to be done. Cribbing the HTC One's dual front speakers would be nice, as would a slightly - only slightly - larger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

If apple came out with a 5 inch screen, I'd consider moving from android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Cribbing the HTC One's dual front speakers would be nice.
    Not if you use public transport!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'd like a bigger (wider) screen on the 6. And a freakin' FM radio. After that I don't care.

But iOS 7 is going to be the only thing worth waiting for this year. I really hope it sees a major overhaul, and offers options in terms of widgets, something like SBSettings, notifications etc. Hell maybe even customisable themes.

I'd also like away from the skeuomorphic default stuff forever.

Dades wrote: »
    I'd like a bigger (wider) screen on the 6. And a freakin' FM radio. After that I don't care.

But iOS 7 is going to be the only thing worth waiting for this year. I really hope it sees a major overhaul, and offers options in terms of widgets, something like SBSettings, notifications etc. Hell maybe even customisable themes.

I'd also like away from the skeuomorphic default stuff forever.

I doubt we'll ever see an fm radio.

Even Microsoft removed it from WP8 for some bizzare reason.

Advertisement