Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Place To Buy 4s Charger

• 20-04-2013 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a spare charger for my 4s and maybe a car charger.

Anyone know any reliable cheap places online? Apple are €30

Also would any of you know where I can get a set of the new Apple ear pods?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Never had any bother with the ones from either €2 shops or Dealz for that matter, only €1.49 in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Never had any bother with the ones from either €2 shops or Dealz for that matter, only €1.49 in there.

Car chargers? Do they sell any three pin wall chargers?

There seems to be some nice cheap Apple one on ebay.ie but I'm half afraid of getting some dodgy knock off.

Do these seem ok? Charger & Car Charger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Herrick wrote: »
    Car chargers? Do they sell any three pin wall chargers?

There seems to be some nice cheap Apple one on ebay.ie but I'm half afraid of getting some dodgy knock off.

Do these seem ok? Charger & Car Charger

You can be unlucky, but in most cases, you should be fine. The 3-pin is a Dublin seller too.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

dx.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Monoprice are cheap but fantastic quality. I've found them to be at least as resilient as Apple branded chargers/cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

buy from apple, only way to ensure you're getting a charger that won't **** up your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭skinny90

buy from apple, only way to ensure you're getting a charger that won't **** up your phone.

Unfortunately I can back this up with past experiences with an iPhone(which was insured) and two iPods which was not. I don't have the technical reason as too why but an educated guess would be that the current/voltage on the 3rd party vendors can be slightly higher and once it goes so far above the line the device is fried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

skinny90 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can back this up with past experiences with an iPhone(which was insured) and two iPods which was not. I don't have the technical reason as too why but an educated guess would be that the current/voltage on the 3rd party vendors can be slightly higher and once it goes so far above the line the device is fried

Yeah thanks guys I've been thinking a bit about that, knowing my luck I'd come in to a melted phone.

Better be safer and buy from Apple. I'd rather pay the €30.

Advertisement