Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options
  • 20-04-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I've looked and cant find a December 2013 thread...hopefully its ok to start one. I know its early days yet but I am fit to burst with excitement and cant really talk to anyone else... I'm due on the 2nd dec :)

Anyone else out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cynthia12

Hi Fima,

I looked earlier today and yesterday and couldn't find one either! Thought then too early for one.... I am due in december too... so excited!

Just afraid now as havn't any symptoms yet, bar tiredness and waking up really early!

You are a few weeks ahead of me. Had you any very early symptoms?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I just posted in nov group thinking there wasn't a dec one yet :-)
    I thought I was due nov but had an early scan and they've pushed me forward a week so now due dec 6th I believe!

Congratulations to both of u. Hope it's a happy healthy 9 months ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Yay! Congrats! :)

I've had a few, cant really sleep and waking up at 5 every morning even if i only got to sleep at 3. Cant go in my kitchen when the heating is on as the radiator smells like blue cheese to me. Its a new radiator so maybe that's it but no one else gets the smell. Also getting the metal taste in my mouth and waking up getting the gawks some mornings but no sickness yet.

Had a lot of pain last week and was worried so had a scan and got to see the little heartbeat on the screen which was an emotional moment. I'm reassured that the pain is normal, just my body readjusting itself. The scan was a total ordeal as this is my first and didnt know what to expect, was sent in by my GP who told me to go in straight away, got there and they wouldn't scan me and told me to come back the next day after drinking a litre and a half of water. So I diligently drank all the water about two hours before I was due to go in, got there fit to burst and in agony from a full bladder. Looked about 6 months pregnant and the scanner lady laughed at me and told me to go and relieve myself or she wouldn't be able to see anything! Went and let some out, came back and she couldn't find anything so she sent me off again to let it all out for an internal where she found it straight away. Scary moment but I was able to laugh afterwards ...

Got the date for my 3 month scan in may, cant wait until after to tell people! When do you plan on telling people? I'm just waiting because my partner wants to wait for a photo to show his parents!

kandr10 wrote: »
    I just posted in nov group thinking there wasn't a dec one yet :-)
    I thought I was due nov but had an early scan and they've pushed me forward a week so now due dec 6th I believe!

Congratulations to both of u. Hope it's a happy healthy 9 months ahead!

Congratulations and healthy hopes for you too :)

Oh that's funny about the scan. Nothing worse than a full bladder that you can't relieve! I had a similar situation on last pregnancy (an ectopic). They needed to scan me, put a drip on me to get fluids in and I held my pee all day only to be told they couldn't fit me in!
    Great that everything was ok for u.
    Symptoms wise, I'm more tired than ever. I had a bit if nausea but its settled now. I don't know if I'm just managing it better by eating more and not allowing myself to get hungry or if it naturally would've subsided. I've gone off a lot of foods that I used to love and the thoughts of them makes me gag. I had sore boobs but that's gotten a good bit better too. Kinda don't know what to make of it cos most of my symptoms have lessened in past week. Hope that's not a bad sign! But then I've no reason to think any things wrong either so I'm going to try to relax and take one day at a time :-)

• Advertisement

I have the sore boobs as well, they're getting bigger at an almighty rate which is very new to me as I'm very small and skinny. I keep looking down getting a fright!

The whole first experience with the maternity hospital I'm going to be attending has frightened me a bit, they were very cross. Cant believe they kept you on a drip all day and didn't scan you. That's just mean at such a frightening time.

I have been feeling more myself in the last few days which slightly worried me as well but I think its just the natural flow of it all and we should be grateful for the calm before the storm!

Huge Congrats Fima and apologies for launching in with my post before congratulating you!!! Congrats also Kandro10.

This will be our first also all going well. Going for a private scan mid May. All fun and games by the sounds of it...!! Fingers crossed all will be ok. Bit nervous as no symptoms but I'm just 4.5 weeks gone so very early days. My only symptoms are tiredness and waking up really early 5.30 am or 6am. The first night I couldn't sleep at all. Got just 3 hours sleep I was so excited. I'm not sure if waking early in the morning is a symptom or not as it's coinciding with the bright mornings atm so it could be just that! Have new curtains that are lighter. I hope it's the pregnancy though. Woke up this morning at 6 am..starving .... so much for the morning sickness ...!- was in bed last night at 10 pm though - very early for me. When should I get nausea? It's a good sign to get nausea I think as it means something is happening your body etc. Bit worried as I havn't got it yet nor do I have sore boobs. I hope it will be ok. Re: telling people, I'm going to leave it as long as possible just to be on the safe side unless I begin to show really really obviously..! I'd love to leave it to the 20 week mark but prob won't get away with it as I'm not the really really skinny type (not fat but could do with losing a few lbs!)

Hi guys, How are you feeling today? I woke really early againt this am stayed in bed till 7am and then got up. Woke up very warm and kind of sweaty but feel more normal now. Just wondering how many weeks approx you were when you got sore boobs and nausea?

Thanks in advance

Hey Cynthia, feeling wrecked today as well, so very tired! I think I must have been around 4 weeks when my boobs started feeling sore and heavy, that was my first sign and I had that for two weeks before I did a test. I was also not sleeping and waking up roasting and sweaty. Everyone is different though so you might not feel anything for a while yet, I wouldn't worry. My mam never had any morning sickness or symptoms on five of us, only on the last baby.

Hi Fima,

Thanks a mill for the reply! When you say you were 4 weeks before your boobs felt sore and heavy do you mean 4 weeks since date of your last period or 4 weeks since conception. I am counting since day of my last period - is this correct do you know?

Is the first 12 weeks the 12 weeks from date of last period or from date of ovulation (estimated 14 days after day 1 of period)

Sorry - this is all new to me!

Thanks for the reassurance Fima. Fingers crossed. All ok today so far:)

I hope you get a super refreshing sleep tonight

Do you think we could be waking up really early due to the weather getting warmer and brighter mornings?? Hasn't happened me before but new curtains light comes in so just wondering.

• Advertisement

Hi Cynthia!
    You're dead on counting from first day of last period. That's the date your gp/hospital will ask you for. Now it might happen later that they adjust your dates after having a scan.
    I'd second what fima said about symptoms. Everyone's different and everyone seems to get different ones.
    Enjoy feeling good while you do - that's what I'm telling myself :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,

I did a test yesterday and it showed up positive :D. I reckon i'm just about 5 weeks pregnant on my 3rd child. Gonna do another test in a few days to be sure. Symptoms at the moment are sore breasts, craving onions (i never liked onions!) and hit with severe tiredness. I had severe vomitting for the full 9 months with my other 2 pregnancies but no nausea or anything yet so fingers crossed!!!

Good Morning!

Yes I'm counting from the date of my last period but I'm a bit sketchy on that date to be honest although I could be right because when I had the scan they told me I was 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I assumed that was because she measured the little bean on the screen but I wasn't very good at asking questions which I regret. Next time I'll wreck their heads with questions :)

As far as I know, all doctors and hospitals estimate from date of last period. I don't know why but that's how it's done so is probably best to go with that.

I would say the no sleep and waking up early is a combination of everything, baby + brighter mornings + new curtains :) I got camomile tea and a good book for when I wake up really early. Also I'm keeping a banana and a cereal bar and water next to the bed as I was told that the gawks can be from hunger. I hate eating in the mornings, I never could before but now I'm starving when I wake up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

fima wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Yes I'm counting from the date of my last period but I'm a bit sketchy on that date to be honest although I could be right because when I had the scan they told me I was 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I assumed that was because she measured the little bean on the screen but I wasn't very good at asking questions which I regret. Next time I'll wreck their heads with questions :)

As far as I know, all doctors and hospitals estimate from date of last period. I don't know why but that's how it's done so is probably best to go with that.

Sorry to butt in - I'm due in June! I had an early scan at 9 weeks (I was counting from the first day of my last period) but the scan place told me I was actually a week earlier than I thought - so 8 weeks pregnant. When I gave this information to the maternity hospital at my 12 week appointment they said that early scans are the most accurate with dating and took the early scan's word that I was a week earlier (as my 20 week scan also showed I was a little bit earlier). So if you're not sure, your early scan is meant to be fairly accurate in showing your due date.

I was annoyed at the time - who wants to be a week earlier?! For ages I still thought of my original dates but the hospital told me not to or I'd be really annoyed with them if I went over and they wouldn't induce me until 2 weeks after the later due date!

Congrats to all December mums anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

That happened to me too- went in for what I thought was a 12- week scan, only to be told to come back 2 weeks later for a 12 week scan! At least I have 2 early scan photos, one of the baby looking like a kidney bean and another one with it looking like a proper mini human! It's incredible how fast babies develop at that early stage, I couldn't believe the difference.

Best of luck to ye all- the time will fly!

carlows wrote: »
    Hi All,

I did a test yesterday and it showed up positive :D. I reckon i'm just about 5 weeks pregnant on my 3rd child. Gonna do another test in a few days to be sure. Symptoms at the moment are sore breasts, craving onions (i never liked onions!) and hit with severe tiredness. I had severe vomitting for the full 9 months with my other 2 pregnancies but no nausea or anything yet so fingers crossed!!!

Congratulations Carlows!
    Think you're the first that's not a first time mummy? Correct me if i'm wrong but It'll be nice to have someone that's been through it all before :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Sorry to butt in - I'm due in June! I had an early scan at 9 weeks (I was counting from the first day of my last period) but the scan place told me I was actually a week earlier than I thought - so 8 weeks pregnant. When I gave this information to the maternity hospital at my 12 week appointment they said that early scans are the most accurate with dating and took the early scan's word that I was a week earlier (as my 20 week scan also showed I was a little bit earlier). So if you're not sure, your early scan is meant to be fairly accurate in showing your due date.

I was annoyed at the time - who wants to be a week earlier?! For ages I still thought of my original dates but the hospital told me not to or I'd be really annoyed with them if I went over and they wouldn't induce me until 2 weeks after the later due date!

Congrats to all December mums anyway :)

Thanks MurdyWurdy, you're not butting in, its good to get it cleared up by someone who knows, I for one am totally clueless at this stage! Congratulations, hope you have a lovely water sign Cancer baby like me :) we love our mammies and stay close to home :D

That happened to me too- went in for what I thought was a 12- week scan, only to be told to come back 2 weeks later for a 12 week scan! At least I have 2 early scan photos, one of the baby looking like a kidney bean and another one with it looking like a proper mini human! It's incredible how fast babies develop at that early stage, I couldn't believe the difference.

Best of luck to ye all- the time will fly!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the screen was actually inside me, just like a tiny tiny smudge you'd barely see it but its heart was beating! Made me cry like a girl! Ok so at least we know now that its fairly normal to be a bit confused on dates, makes me feel better anyway, thanks!

Congratulations Carlows!
    Think you're the first that's not a first time mummy? Correct me if i'm wrong but It'll be nice to have someone that's been through it all before :)

It's all so exciting :) It def helps to have someone who's been through it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 foxydel

due dec 6 so excited its my first time has a bit of a scared last week had a light show of blood goin in on scan on fri hope all is well i heard its pretty normal just a cleaning or the cervix

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for the replies Fima and Kandr10.

Congrats and welcome to the thread Carlows, Murdywurdy and foxydel. Thanks everyone else for the informative posts.

Well, I'm still here....:)

Fima, that's interesting that you get the "gawks" from perhaps being hungry or not eating. I'm being really healthy since I found out last week and eating lots of fruit and yogurts as snacks. I do find myself being hungrier but I'm not sure if it's because of the pregnancy or because I'm not eating rubbish. Who knows..

Was up at 7am this morning bright as a lark! Very unusual for me! (it's either the pregnancy, bright weather/light curtains OR my new healthy diet which could be giving me more energy to get up in the mornings!). All going well so far....

Heading to bed now, hope you all had a good day today :) Goodnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hello everybody and congrats on all you're news! I was so excited when I saw a December 2013 thread! I am due December 8th according to my doctor! Im going for an early scan next week though so my dates might be adjusted a little bit.

Its my first baby and Im the first of my group of friends to get pregnant so i will be glad of guidance and advice and general chit chat!!

So far im feeling SO exhausted. I honestly dont know how Ill get through the next while in work. By lunchtime, Im fit for nothing except bed and I'm a complete write off when I get home in the evenings.

Also, my belly is ridiculously bloated. I look as though im about 6 months gone already :) My doctor said it was normal and good but it feels so bizzare. Anyone else having the big bloated belly?

Congratulations Clofier,

You're further along that me so cannot compare. I was feeling tired up to yesterday. Ok yesterday. Still waking up really early in the mornings between 5amand 6am dozed off until 6.45 this am but was as bright as a lark then so had to get up.
    Don't notice any difference in my belly yet but I'm very early stages.

Didn't get to bed until 11pm last night after all. Wasn't as tired as the previous nights.

Have a good day all :)

Hi Closifer,

Congrats on your news. I'm a bit behind you aswell not due until 21/12/2013 (Might be a xmas baby!) Your stomach could be bloated for a number of reasons-have you changed your diet eating more healthily, or perhaps your drinking more fluids? Everybody's body reacts differently but as your doctor said its normal so i wouldn't worry. Embrace all the little changes :-)
    I am so exhausted aswell. Was in bed at 8 last night! Hopefully it'll pass soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Hi all and congratulations to everyone! I've been very sick the last week so doctor said she'd do a test just incase turns out I'm pregnant with 2nd baby big shock / surprise as our dd is only 3 and a half months!!! Think I'm about 6 / 7 weeks not 100% on dates as I'm bf my dd but have scan booked for Friday :) looking forward to chatting to everyone over the next few months :)

closifer wrote: »

Also, my belly is ridiculously bloated. I look as though im about 6 months gone already :) My doctor said it was normal and good but it feels so bizzare. Anyone else having the big bloated belly?

Hello, Welcome & Congrats :)
    My belly is quite big, hard and round in the last 2 days. I'm only 8 weeks so it is a very weird feeling! I had a doctors appointment and she never mentioned it even though she had a good poke at my belly!

Has anyone else been told to get the flu shot? I've never had it in my life and rarely get sick so am wondering is worth it?

Welcome to all the new December Mammies Closifer, Foxydel & Fairie

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hello, Welcome & Congrats :)
    My belly is quite big, hard and round in the last 2 days. I'm only 8 weeks so it is a very weird feeling! I had a doctors appointment and she never mentioned it even though she had a good poke at my belly!

Has anyone else been told to get the flu shot? I've never had it in my life and rarely get sick so am wondering is worth it?

Welcome to all the new December Mammies Closifer, Foxydel & Fairie

Good to know Im not the only one with swelling belly! Im only 8 weeks gone and Ive had to order my first pair of maternity trousers because I literally cant do up the top button on my regular ones. Its like the type of bloating I would usually get before a period except times three or four. Apparently its just gas and fluid retention. It will be so much nicer when its a real bump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Hello Everyone!
    Im so glad this thread is here!! My husband found it actually!!

Congratulations to you all :)
    Im due on 12/13th December so im about 6 weeks at this stage. Only found out a week ago and i am so excited. Going for an early scan at 10 weeks and i cant wait!

Its so great to be able to read about all the symptoms....extreme tiredness is the most common one that i have at the min. Im loving being pregnant but there's times im so tired i wonder how im going to manage work!! Yesterday i felt quite nauseous most of the day from when i woke up, but wasnt actually sick. But im fine today and yesterday was the first day i felt that way.

Really looking forward to chatting to you all here between now and december :)

p.s this is also my first time :)

Excited! wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!
    Im so glad this thread is here!! My husband found it actually!!

Congratulations Excited :)

Lots of first timers here, we'll need lots of advice from the more experienced mums out there! Is anyone taking pregnacare? I started the day I found out. Also taking extra folic acid as my doctor prescribed it due my cousin having spina bifida, Omega 3 fish oils and odorless garlic capsules. Wondering f anyone thinks there's a point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Yeah im taking pregnacare too,

I read a leaflet in a dr's surgery that said you souldnt take cod liver oil capsules, but those are different to your fish oils i presume. My Dr said the pregnacare or whatever is all Ineed to be taking but that if I want to take the garlic etc it dosnt do any harm so I think i probably will take those too

Advertisement