Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi girls, hope all of you are doing well! :-) Just thought I have to share this... I am having my big scan this morning and about to find out the sex of our no 2! I feel sick with nerves and excited in the same time!!! Did not find out what we were having with no 1 but feel like I need to know this time! I have a boy at home so we would love a girl for change. I felt so strongly ever since I found out I was pregnant that this will be a girl but now when the moment am about to find out is nearly here am not that sure any more ha ha Well, once everything is well and the baba is healthy that's all it matters in the end of the day! So many boys all around these days.. Just thought I will share :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Good Luck Elle13, hope all is well!! Let us know what the sex is if you feel comfortable sharing ... I regret not finding out last week when I had the chance, it's annoying me now! My OH thinks he saw it written on the screen at the end, has this happened anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Oh Good Luck Elle13! So so exciting! Have always said no I want a surprise but as I edge closer to 20 week scan I am so tempted to find out....!

Fima I suppose if you really did want to find out then you could pay for a private scan but I think it is fun not knowing - someone the other day said you push that bit harder if you don't know but not sure about that ha!!

Hi girls, sooo... It turned up I haven't had a clue he he We are having another boy so the pressure is on for the third one;-) All looked well and our little bundle is as cute as his big bro:-) Anyone else knows what are you having ?

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi girls, sooo... It turned up I haven't had a clue he he We are having another boy so the pressure is on for the third one;-) All looked well and our little bundle is as cute as his big bro:-) Anyone else knows what are you having ?

Oh congrats Elle13 !! Have scan in a few weeks and umming and ahhing about finding out, don't think I will but think will be having a good look anyway haha....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Hi. How's everyone keepin?
    I had my 20 week scan yesterday and its a boy :-) Super exciting get to spend so much time looking at my baby
    Anyone here going to Hospital in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Great news Elle13 and guesswhat on your boys :) I'm a little jealous you know what you are having, we are going to wait as oh wants it to be a surprize and I wouldn't be able to not tell him! We didn't find out on dd either and I was delighted we had waited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

had my 16 week scan last week, and although only a slight chance, was optimistic that the babies would cooperate and we could find out the sexes. But of course, being the product of their parents, they wouldn't cooperate int he slightest and both had their legs crossed! typical.

confirmed that my last date of being pregnant will be the 27th of December - if I haven't gone naturally by then I will be induced. Both myself and the consultant are hoping it won't all kick off in the middle of Christmas dinner, but again, being the product of their parents chances are my pair will be as inconvenient as possible and will decide to make an appearance just as the dinner plate hits the table!

Excited for the 20 week scan now - desperate to know what the twins are! I need to start getting organised and buy stuff - there is only so much beige/cream/white/lemon you can buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi Guys,
    I'm 19 weeks and I'm having my scan on the 16th. The last few days, I've just been paranoid that somethings going to go wrong.
    I haven't had any pains or bleeding or anything, its just a feeling that its been going too well and somethings bound to go wrong. Has anyone else felt like this?
    Sorry if I'm coming across as a weirdo - I don't want to say it to my hubby because I don't want to worry him needlessly..
    Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Hi Guys,
    I'm 19 weeks and I'm having my scan on the 16th. The last few days, I've just been paranoid that somethings going to go wrong.
    I haven't had any pains or bleeding or anything, its just a feeling that its been going too well and somethings bound to go wrong. Has anyone else felt like this?
    Sorry if I'm coming across as a weirdo - I don't want to say it to my hubby because I don't want to worry him needlessly..
    Thanks x

I felt the same for a few weeks Always Number 1, I think it's totally normal! At 18 weeks I was in the doctors crying my eyes out convinced something had happened because I hadn't felt any movement for a few days and I was under a lot of stress. I heard the heartbeat and was really reassured. I hadn't had and pains or bleeding either, I think worry is just a byproduct of becoming a mommy. Go to your GP if you can, mine just pushed my 20 week visit forward to 18 weeks when I went in so bring a wee sample and your combined care chart if you have one. Don't ever feel bad about worrying, it's your body and your baby. Talk to your partner as internalising worry can make it worse for you. Hope this helps!

Congrats Guesswhat and Elle13 on your little men!

I think I have the most active baby ever, it never stops moving! It actually hurts when it moves as well, another thing they don't tell you about pregnancy :rolleyes: Have horrible stinging stretching pains in my belly as well and feel as if my belly button is going to explode!

Hope everyone else is keeping well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Hi Guys,
    Thanks x

Oh, I feel the same! Every so often I just feel something will go wrong. I suppose its just worry of a mummy ...

Thanks ladies. I think its because its been so long since my last scan and the nerves are building as I approach the next one. Might pop into the GP this week even if its just so he can check the heartbeat.

And also congrats Guesswhat and Elle13. Delighted all going well for ye xx

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Hi everyone,

Congrats on all your new bumps :) Been following this thread for a while...

I'm 19 weeks, on my third, have a 1 year old and a 9 year old.

Just wondering if anyone else around my stage is feeling kicks yet....I thought on my third I'd be feeling alot pretty early, but a few twinges that I assume are baby is all I am feeling every now & then. I have regular scans so I know s/he is doing okay in there.

Also I am going to start using the GentleBirth programme next week, is anyone using this or has used it before?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Congrats to all the December mum's!! I'm due on the 21st of December, with a gap of nearly 12 years ( scary stuff) so basically starting again!! Anyone else have long gaps between pregnancies?

I have two girls, my youngest is 1 and her sis has just turned 9...it felt unreal being pregnant again after so long!
    I was 22 when I was pregnant on my first, it was a perfect pregnancy, except pre-eclampsia at the very end & having to be induced, which all turned out to be no bother..
    Then 8 years later a horrific pregnancy with hyperemesis, spent most of it in hospital, was 8stone when I was giving birth (I started out being 10stone before I got pregnant), it's crazy how different 2 pregnancies can be!!

I'd have all my kids in my early 20's if I could go back again :D

My eldest is a great big sis though...she understands a lot & is a great help. Now that my little one is a toddler they play away together with the baby toys & she can do little things like stay with her while I clean up after dinner etc.
    Have been hospitalised a few times during this pregnancy already & my eldest has been so good to show her dad a lot of the routine during the daytime...as he has always gone out to work he wouldn't normally get to experience a normal week day here!

...it's not the relationship of your eldest and the new baby you have to think about...it's your own relationship with your eldest that will be changed...the new sibling will fall into place in the family easily, but the relationship between you & your first born will be changed...so I found myself having to pay more attention to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hey Girls. If ye dont mind me asking, how much weight have ye put on so far?

I am at 23 weeks and have put on about 15lbs Some sites say that I should expect to put on 1lb per week from now on which seems a lot!

Starting to feel pretty huge :)

fima wrote: »
    I felt the same for a few weeks Always Number 1, I think it's totally normal! At 18 weeks I was in the doctors crying my eyes out convinced something had happened because I hadn't felt any movement for a few days and I was under a lot of stress. I heard the heartbeat and was really reassured. I hadn't had and pains or bleeding either, I think worry is just a byproduct of becoming a mommy. Go to your GP if you can, mine just pushed my 20 week visit forward to 18 weeks when I went in so bring a wee sample and your combined care chart if you have one. Don't ever feel bad about worrying, it's your body and your baby. Talk to your partner as internalising worry can make it worse for you. Hope this helps!

Congrats Guesswhat and Elle13 on your little men!

I think I have the most active baby ever, it never stops moving! It actually hurts when it moves as well, another thing they don't tell you about pregnancy :rolleyes: Have horrible stinging stretching pains in my belly as well and feel as if my belly button is going to explode!

Hope everyone else is keeping well!

Fima - I have those stretching pains around belly button too! It feels like one day my belly button is just going to POP out - eww!!

closifer wrote: »
    Hey Girls. If ye dont mind me asking, how much weight have ye put on so far?

I am at 23 weeks and have put on about 15lbs Some sites say that I should expect to put on 1lb per week from now on which seems a lot!

Starting to feel pretty huge :)

Hi Closifer - I am 21 weeks and have put on a stone so far...I am not sure what is normal, I suppose they'll let us know if it's healthy or not at our next check ups. Just think most of that is probably fluid around the baby and I hope not the pizza's and crisps that i've been scoffing! :D

Thanks ladies. I think its because its been so long since my last scan and the nerves are building as I approach the next one. Might pop into the GP this week even if its just so he can check the heartbeat.

And also congrats Guesswhat and Elle13. Delighted all going well for ye xx

Hi Always number 1 - have your worries eased a little? I think it's normal to worry, there does seem to be quite a gap between scans - I find when I have one I'm on a high with relief for a few days then I start thinking of the next scan and it can't come soon enough! Hope you are feeling better about things. How many weeks are you now?

Hi afternoon tea,
    thanks for your message. I'm now 20 weeks. Feeling a bit less anxious cos I felt a bit of movement this week but I know I'll be on edge until Friday morning anyway.

On another note, even though my bump is starting to become more visible (I'm quite overweight as it is anyway) I actually haven't gained any weight. I haven't exactly been an angel when it has come to my diet but.I've been doing ok so far.

Hi girls, hope you are all doing well!:-) Thanks for all your congrats on my little man:-) I am away at the moment so time is flying by and I am 22 weeks now! Can't believe how quick thus pregnancy is going compare to my first one! I have pretty obvious bump already (which I dud not have with my first one at the same stage) and have put on 9kg already which is pretty scary but I know I probably have it somewhere in my genes :-) I lost all baby weight pretty quickly after my first baby so only hope it will go well this time around too!:-) Feeling optimistic ;-)

I was just wondering if any of you knows if there is another big scan due sometime later in pregnancy (between 30 and 36weeks) where they will measure the baby again... Just don't have my info papers with me while am away and I know it has changed since I was pregnant the last time.

• Advertisement

Hi afternoon tea,
    thanks for your message. I'm now 20 weeks. Feeling a bit less anxious cos I felt a bit of movement this week but I know I'll be on edge until Friday morning anyway.

On another note, even though my bump is starting to become more visible (I'm quite overweight as it is anyway) I actually haven't gained any weight. I haven't exactly been an angel when it has come to my diet but.I've been doing ok so far.

well that's brilliant you haven't gained weight! I am sure you will later on as a bit is normal I think...I have my scan tomorrow afternoon so I will ask about how much weight gain is normal. I want to ask about heart rate too -my heart seems to be beating so fast sometimes it feels like palpatations. My blood pressure was normal last time it was checked though. So looking forward to seeing baby again at the scan tomorrow but also nervous just in case!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

well that's brilliant you haven't gained weight! I am sure you will later on as a bit is normal I think...I have my scan tomorrow afternoon so I will ask about how much weight gain is normal. I want to ask about heart rate too -my heart seems to be beating so fast sometimes it feels like palpatations. My blood pressure was normal last time it was checked though. So looking forward to seeing baby again at the scan tomorrow but also nervous just in case!!

Just want to say my heart raced all through my pregnancy, I could feel it all the time, I'd feel it on my belly so much thst before the kicks became very distinguishable it'd be hard to figure out if I was feeling a kick or my heart beat. I think it's just all the extea blood in your body! My bp was normal throughout as well!

loubian wrote: »
    Just want to say my heart raced all through my pregnancy, I could feel it all the time, I'd feel it on my belly so much thst before the kicks became very distinguishable it'd be hard to figure out if I was feeling a kick or my heart beat. I think it's just all the extea blood in your body! My bp was normal throughout as well!

Hi Guys,
    I have noticed that aswell and it sounds like there's a drum being pounded in my head. I spoke to my GP and midwife last week (I'm sure they LOVE me) and they both said it was dehydration!! Most pregnant women have no problem eating for 2 but they forget to drink for 2 aswell. Have been forcing myself to drink increase my fluid intake and it has definitely helped.

Good luck tomorrow afternoon tea, sending a wee prayer your way.
    When is your actual check-up appointment? x

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Well I'm pretty good at keeping my fluids up. I drink a couple of litres of water a day, and I still get the thumping in my head and in my tummy. The thumping in my head isn't a headache type thing, just more of a thud in my ears, being aware of it, like when you get a bit of a fright and you can hear the blood rushing through your ears.

My BP as been fluctuating a bit - nothing major, just up and down resulting in dizzy spells. All of which my consultant said is normal. As long as I'm not fainting or feeling week she said not to worry too much.

I'm 18+5 today (due in Dec cos its twins) and still haven't felt movement that I can be sure of. I do get kind of rumbles in my tummy, but my tummy is so upset most of the time I can't tell if its digestive or baby related. I think its digestive as all the action happens below my belly button and one twin is there alright, but the other one is higher up and I never feel anything up there. Hoping to feel some movement soon - I know it will help to alieviate my worries once I can feel them mooch about in there. It always feels like such a long time between scans (and this is the longest I have gone, 4 weeks) so I don't know how you other mums with only a few scans through the pregnancy don't freak out!

Hi Closifer - I am 21 weeks and have put on a stone so far...I am not sure what is normal, I suppose they'll let us know if it's healthy or not at our next check ups. Just think most of that is probably fluid around the baby and I hope not the pizza's and crisps that i've been scoffing! :D

Good to hear I havent put on double what everyone else has! I am not going out of my way to eat rubbish but right now, there must be a growth spurt going on because I am starving all the time and all i want is carbs! last night i had 1/2 a spanish omelette with bread and potato salad for dinner! Serious carbfest!!

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi girls, hope you are all doing well!:-) Thanks for all your congrats on my little man:-) I am away at the moment so time is flying by and I am 22 weeks now! Can't believe how quick thus pregnancy is going compare to my first one! I have pretty obvious bump already (which I dud not have with my first one at the same stage) and have put on 9kg already which is pretty scary but I know I probably have it somewhere in my genes :-) I lost all baby weight pretty quickly after my first baby so only hope it will go well this time around too!:-) Feeling optimistic ;-)

I was just wondering if any of you knows if there is another big scan due sometime later in pregnancy (between 30 and 36weeks) where they will measure the baby again... Just don't have my info papers with me while am away and I know it has changed since I was pregnant the last time.

Hi Elle13. I am in Limerick and I had a scan at about 13 weeks. I haave another appointment at 27 weeks but was advised I wouldnt get a scan at this one. My next scan will be 31 weeks...

We are paying for a 3d scan in 3 weeks though...CANNOT WAIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭remsburgsgirl

Just wondering if someone can help...I am nearly 21 weeks, been feeling baby kick like mad at a regular routine since 18 weeks, but for the past 2 days absolutely no movement at all...should I be worried? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Just wondering if someone can help...I am nearly 21 weeks, been feeling baby kick like mad at a regular routine since 18 weeks, but for the past 2 days absolutely no movement at all...should I be worried? Thanks!

Hi remsburgsgirl, baby is still small at this stage so will have a few places to hide that you might not sometimes feel kicks but try drinking a glass of cold water or lucozade and lying down for a little while, cold/fizzy drinks sometimes get baby moving. If you are still worried give the maternity ward a quick call :)

Hi Guys,
    I have noticed that aswell and it sounds like there's a drum being pounded in my head. I spoke to my GP and midwife last week (I'm sure they LOVE me) and they both said it was dehydration!! Most pregnant women have no problem eating for 2 but they forget to drink for 2 aswell. Have been forcing myself to drink increase my fluid intake and it has definitely helped.

Good luck tomorrow afternoon tea, sending a wee prayer your way.
    When is your actual check-up appointment? x

Hi Always number 1
    Thanks for your message, the scan went well - all looks ok which is a relief, it felt very 'medical' this time - alot of zooming in and measuring this and that, they have said based on babies measurements I am further ahead than I thought so they would put me at 22wks and 3 days rather than 21 wks so my due date would be Dec 14th instead of the 24th, I am not sure how they decide as I heard the early scans were the most accurate to go with? The midwife said a doctor will decide in the end anyway so we'll see!

I have a checkup appt with midwife next week then a doc a month after that. So do we not have any more scans after the 20wk one? Do you have your scan Friday is that right? not too long to wait if so! :)

I asked about my heart racing and she said it is normal with extra blood racing around but as long as you are not in any pain then nothing to worry about.

Has anyone started looking at prams and thing? I dont want to do anything too early (little bit superstiscious and cautious!) but then again I dont want to leave things to the last minute either...! Haven't bought one thing yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,

Glad to hear everyone is keeping well. I'm 22 +2 weeks today (due 23rd Dec) and have my scan tomorrow-cannot wait!! This is my 3rd and i've been feeling lots of kicks the last 2 weeks. I've put on a stone in weight (cannot stop eating carbs-its the only thing that prevents the sickness). I seemed to have put on alot of weight on my arms, bum and legs-Anyone else like this? In previous pregnancies i just had mainly baby weight and bounced back to normal size pretty quickly-I'm completely different this time around!

Advertisement