Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi afternoon tea,
    Delighted all went well for you - was thinking of you yesterday evening. How long did the scan actually take to do? did you need a full bladder?

If you go by the date they're giving you now, you might be home for Christmas!!

We haven't bought anything yet, his brother and sister in law have loads of bits and pieces we might use (their youngest is 5 but the stuff is in immaculate condition) and his mother is buying everything in sight but we have decided that if all goes well on Friday we'll go and get a few small bits ourselves.

I'm a lot more relaxed this week than I thought I would be. I've had what seems to be a lot of movement (tickly feeling under my skin near my naval) quite regularly the last few days so its nearly like bubs is getting her (don't know what it is yet, just dont like saying it!) warm up done ahead of her performance on Friday (she was very lively during my last scan)

As far as I know, unless there are complications, they don't scan you again - you can pay to get it done privately for around €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

carlows wrote: »
    Hi All,

Glad to hear everyone is keeping well. I'm 22 +2 weeks today (due 23rd Dec) and have my scan tomorrow-cannot wait!! This is my 3rd and i've been feeling lots of kicks the last 2 weeks. I've put on a stone in weight (cannot stop eating carbs-its the only thing that prevents the sickness). I seemed to have put on alot of weight on my arms, bum and legs-Anyone else like this? In previous pregnancies i just had mainly baby weight and bounced back to normal size pretty quickly-I'm completely different this time around!

Hi carlows,

I have put on 9 kg in this stage even though carbs are the last thing am after(u live on fruits and veg this time around) and was told it's perfectly fine. I look very neat but exactly what you are saying... Arms, bum and legs:-) it's my second baby so I know I will put on some more weight on and hope I will bounce back ad quick as with my first.:-)

Funny, I am 22+5 and my due date is 16.12.! I am with Holles st. and they said there was another big scan between 30.-34. weeks so not sure what to believe:-)

Am looking at prams since last week. Hard one for me coz its my second baby so know exactly what I do/don't want. Looking abroad as nothing I like on our market here... It's all getting very exciting :-)

Glad everyone doing well!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Hi
    I'm due 16th December too :-)
    We got a pram / travel system in Newry with 50% discount

guesswhat wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm due 16th December too :-)
    We got a pram / travel system in Newry with 50% discount

Hi guesswhat,

What kind of travel system did you get?;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Hi afternoon tea,
    Delighted all went well for you - was thinking of you yesterday evening. How long did the scan actually take to do? did you need a full bladder?

If you go by the date they're giving you now, you might be home for Christmas!!

We haven't bought anything yet, his brother and sister in law have loads of bits and pieces we might use (their youngest is 5 but the stuff is in immaculate condition) and his mother is buying everything in sight but we have decided that if all goes well on Friday we'll go and get a few small bits ourselves.

I'm a lot more relaxed this week than I thought I would be. I've had what seems to be a lot of movement (tickly feeling under my skin near my naval) quite regularly the last few days so its nearly like bubs is getting her (don't know what it is yet, just dont like saying it!) warm up done ahead of her performance on Friday (she was very lively during my last scan)

As far as I know, unless there are complications, they don't scan you again - you can pay to get it done privately for around €100.

Hi Always number 1 - we didn't have to wait long to be seen for the scan, it prob took about 20-30minutes I'd say, they really take time to zoom in and measure different parts of the body. We didnt want to find out the sex but I asked her if she knew and she said she did - I found it so weird she knows what we are having and we don't now! hehe! Have a real feeling it is a girl and I can only think of girls names....better start thinking of boys names just in case! Oh you dont need a full bladder by the way.

You musy be looking forward to 2mw now! Best of luck, it is lovely feelign movements isn't it? Have felt kicks past week and a half or so, can see my belly move with them it's so cool! I feel like i've got my own little entertainment system in me I can just put my hand on belly and feel it moving away! Before that I could feel flutters like a fish flipping around almost.

I bought my first baby thing today - lovely curtains for the nursery in mothercare. I am really hesitant to buy anything else but then I'll need to get some bits - hard to know when to start looking!

Elle13 - So we have similar due dates in the same hospital - well I've been given either the 14th Dec or 24th Dec so realy not sure what to go with at the moment! I have an appt with the midwife next week so I'll see what they say I suppose....
    I bet it is easier looking for a pram when you have done it before and know what you are looking for! Any tips?? :)

Guesswhat - are you in Dublin too? We need to make some kind of list of everyone on here really don't we - due date and hospital!

• Advertisement

Hi Always number 1 - we didn't have to wait long to be seen for the scan, it prob took about 20-30minutes I'd say, they really take time to zoom in and measure different parts of the body. We didnt want to find out the sex but I asked her if she knew and she said she did - I found it so weird she knows what we are having and we don't now! hehe! Have a real feeling it is a girl and I can only think of girls names....better start thinking of boys names just in case! Oh you dont need a full bladder by the way.

You musy be looking forward to 2mw now! Best of luck, it is lovely feelign movements isn't it? Have felt kicks past week and a half or so, can see my belly move with them it's so cool! I feel like i've got my own little entertainment system in me I can just put my hand on belly and feel it moving away! Before that I could feel flutters like a fish flipping around almost.

I bought my first baby thing today - lovely curtains for the nursery in mothercare. I am really hesitant to buy anything else but then I'll need to get some bits - hard to know when to start looking!

Elle13 - So we have similar due dates in the same hospital - well I've been given either the 14th Dec or 24th Dec so realy not sure what to go with at the moment! I have an appt with the midwife next week so I'll see what they say I suppose....
    I bet it is easier looking for a pram when you have done it before and know what you are looking for! Any tips?? :)

Guesswhat - are you in Dublin too? We need to make some kind of list of everyone on here really don't we - due date and hospital!

Hi aftetnoon,

I magically know the date of conception so I should be really around the16th:-)
    I hear you about the sex of your baby... I was sure I was carrying a girl and we wanted to know this time around what we having... I only had name for girl and just felt so different at all levels than with my little man...what a shock when the scan showed clearly that we are having another boy!:-D
    I know now that I just can't be ever sure even with my own body ha ha

In regard to a travel system, I know I want something light and compact but also something what is really comfortable for our baba at all stages of its development. E.g. I know I want travel system which I will be able to incline totally do the baby can sleep in it even when it's year or year and half old and it can turn on its side or belly if he feels like it so likes of Bugabo, Uppababy and Jolz are out of question as they don't go into total lying position :-)

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi aftetnoon,

I magically know the date of conception so I should be really around the16th:-)
    I hear you about the sex of your baby... I was sure I was carrying a girl and we wanted to know this time around what we having... I only had name for girl and just felt so different at all levels than with my little man...what a shock when the scan showed clearly that we are having another boy!:-D
    I know now that I just can't be ever sure even with my own body ha ha

In regard to a travel system, I know I want something light and compact but also something what is really comfortable for our baba at all stages of its development. E.g. I know I want travel system which I will be able to incline totally do the baby can sleep in it even when it's year or year and half old and it can turn on its side or belly if he feels like it so likes of Bugabo, Uppababy and Jolz are out of question as they don't go into total lying position :-)

Oh I see...I wouldn't have a clue see! What ones do go into a lying position then? is that like a carry cot style thing you can lye them down but it changes into a sit down one? Actually have no idea at all!!!! I was thinking of a carry cot style that changes to a pram style (if that's right) and then the car seat with it....kinda dreading starting looking as there is so much choice out there!!

Isn't that mad having such a strong feeling about the sex of baby and being so wrong! Maybe it's a boy after all...I'd better be prepared ha!:D

Oh I see...I wouldn't have a clue see! What ones do go into a lying position then? is that like a carry cot style thing you can lye them down but it changes into a sit down one? Actually have no idea at all!!!! I was thinking of a carry cot style that changes to a pram style (if that's right) and then the car seat with it....kinda dreading starting looking as there is so much choice out there!!

Isn't that mad having such a strong feeling about the sex of baby and being so wrong! Maybe it's a boy after all...I'd better be prepared ha!:D

:-) Don't worry, you may know your body better than I know mine;-)
    Well the travel system usually comes with a carry cot which is the pram part, and the buggy seat which is the part you can use when your baby can sit up properly (usually around 7months). There are only about two travel systems on our market which you can incline to total flat position so your baby can stretch their legs but they are not very practical in regard to wright and that. The likes of Bugaboo, Quinny etc. Have the seat part which does not incline into flat position but you can incline the whole seat which leaves your baby with its bum in the dip if the seat with its legs up if this makes any sense:-/ Basically if the baby was sleeping in this seat longer than half an hour and wanted ti turn side way a bit this seat will not allow it and it's not really healthy for their little backs:-) I love Uppababy Vista but am not getting it for this very reason.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Hi all hope everyone is keeping well. The weeks are flying by I'm back to work in two weeks, roll on 29 November for my next round of maternity leave ;)

Afternoon tea I was convinced on dd that I was having a boy big surprise when doctor said it's a girl!! I haven't a clue this time around!
    I have to start looking at travel systems, dd will be just turning one when this baby arrives so need double buggy that's light and easy to use, if anyone has any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

The whole buggy thing is a nightmare! I'm looking at a SilverCross travel system but it had never occurred to me about the lying flat at older stages! I like it because its a pram that converts to a buggy and the car seat sits on top but now I have to consider the toddler stages lying flat also! Really like the Bugaboo also but it's out of my price range so that's that!

I've just seen a product called the SleepyHead babynest that looks interesting, I like it because I want the baby to be as cosy and settled as possible, I'm not going to co-sleep as my bf smokes and I don't want fumes on him in bed with the baby but I'd like a SleepyHead so I can transfer baby from Moses Basket to cot seamlessly. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these?

Carlows & Elle13 What does "I'm 22 weeks + 5 / 22 weeks + 2" mean?

• Advertisement

:-) Don't worry, you may know your body better than I know mine;-)
    Well the travel system usually comes with a carry cot which is the pram part, and the buggy seat which is the part you can use when your baby can sit up properly (usually around 7months). There are only about two travel systems on our market which you can incline to total flat position so your baby can stretch their legs but they are not very practical in regard to wright and that. The likes of Bugaboo, Quinny etc. Have the seat part which does not incline into flat position but you can incline the whole seat which leaves your baby with its bum in the dip if the seat with its legs up if this makes any sense:-/ Basically if the baby was sleeping in this seat longer than half an hour and wanted ti turn side way a bit this seat will not allow it and it's not really healthy for their little backs:-) I love Uppababy Vista but am not getting it for this very reason.:-)

Hi Elle13...Thanks so much for this, it really helps give me some idea what would be useful! So what travel systems are you looking at? I was looking at this one I saw in mama's and papa's, never posted a link here so not sure if it will work...

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-ultima-9-in-1-mpx-chassis-pv-car-seat-heritage-spot/2595d7600/type-i/

any major cons you can see about this? I've only been in one shop so haven't really started looking properly!

Thanks again for your help!!

fima wrote: »
    The whole buggy thing is a nightmare! I'm looking at a SilverCross travel system but it had never occurred to me about the lying flat at older stages! I like it because its a pram that converts to a buggy and the car seat sits on top but now I have to consider the toddler stages lying flat also! Really like the Bugaboo also but it's out of my price range so that's that!

I've just seen a product called the SleepyHead babynest that looks interesting, I like it because I want the baby to be as cosy and settled as possible, I'm not going to co-sleep as my bf smokes and I don't want fumes on him in bed with the baby but I'd like a SleepyHead so I can transfer baby from Moses Basket to cot seamlessly. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these?

Hi Fima, to answer your question - 22+5 means 22 weeks and 5 days - that's how I've been reading it as anyway!! I was confused at first also! How far along are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Bah! you all think finding a travel system (or as they said in the old days 'a pram'! lol) is tough??!!! Try finding one suitable for twins!!!! I don't want one that is front and back, I want them side by side and facing me. I have also been told to get one with 3 wheels as they are a) easier to manouvre through doorways and b)easier to get into the boot of a car. Any I have seen so far will have one or two of the above criteria but not all three. Its a total head melter! It would be easier to buy a bloody car! But I really need to get myself organised and pick something cos I have been told that I should have my hospital bag packed from about 28 weeks on, as twins can be unpredictable. I'm just over 19 weeks now, so that doesn't give me much time!

arrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

Right I'm off to the pregnant womens moan thread to vent! lol

Thanks Afternoon Tea!
    Serious baby brain going on here :) I'm 24 + 4 so! 15 weeks left .... eeek! I'm so unorganised. Got a hand me down cot that I'm buying a new mattress for and painting white. If anyone else is painting a cot or a babies room, I've been advised I need to use water based Satin paint as there are less chemicals. Also been told to do it nice and early and make sure the room is well ventilated before baby goes in. There's so much to consider! Have to wash all baby clothes and blankets and sheets before they're used also as they may have been sitting in shops/warehouses for months. Have to wash all curtains in the house also but am going to wait until a few weeks before due date so everything's nice and fresh.

Hello Lady
    I think the "travel system" thing is mad also, quite funny! Hope you find something suitable! Maybe another twin mammy can advise you? My neighbours have twins and their buggy can be adjusted to facing you/front facing and one in front. They don't speak english though so I can't ask them where they got it! Next time they're out I'll try have a look, will get to admire the babies while I'm at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mil83

Hi ladies haven't posted in a good while. I'm 24 weeks today time is going fast enough I just hope it's keeps up. I haven't gained any weight so far just losing all the time because I've been so sick but baby is thriving so that's the main thing. I'm attending the Lourdes in drogheda is anyone else going there? Because I'm a diabetic I get a scan every 3-4 weeks to monitor the growth so we get to see the baby a lot :)

We put our buggy away a couple of weeks ago we went for babystyle. It comes with carrycot, pram, car seat, rain cover, footmuff, changing bag and umbrella. It's very light to push and very easy to fold the base folds like an umbrella so it doesn't take up a lot of space.
    Does anyone know if it's safe to paint while pregnant? Some people have told me to stay away from the fumes but I'd really like to have the painting done before baby comes. Hope everyone is keeping well :)

fima wrote: »

Hi fima,

22+5 means I am 22 weeks and 5 days pregnant :-)

Hi Elle13...Thanks so much for this, it really helps give me some idea what would be useful! So what travel systems are you looking at? I was looking at this one I saw in mamaworkmanship a's, never posted a link here so not sure if it will work...

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-ultima-9-in-1-mpx-chassis-pv-car-seat-heritage-spot/2595d7600/type-i/

any major cons you can see about this? I've only been in one shop so haven't really started looking properly!

Thanks again for your help!!

Hi afternoon tea,

Unfortunately the link only takes me to mammas&Pappas web but not directly to the travel system so if you can tell me the name of it I can have look and let you know:-)

I think my favourite one is Gesslein F4 travel system at the moment. I seen it in the shop abroad and it ticks all my boxes and you can pick from hundreds of colour schemes..It is German made so the quality&workmenshi is fantastic.. I know it's hard to buy perfect travel system for your first one coz you just go for what you like but you may find out thats it's not practical on many levels as you go. Plus I am lucky I get lots of chances to see different things in different countries which helps coz the options are endless. I think here in IRL market offers great looking travel systems which are handy for us mums but most of them does not consider comfort, space and health&safety of our little ones. Only my opinion ;-)

Mil83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's safe to paint while pregnant? Some people have told me to stay away from the fumes but I'd really like to have the painting done before baby comes. Hope everyone is keeping well :)

I don't think there's any reason why not if you use water based paints? There's always pregnant ladies in paint adds so ... I dunno, I assume so! I was buying paint yesterday and the guy in the shop never said anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi All, had my scan today and all seems grand. Didn't find out what we're having but strangely I'm even more convinced its a girl. Got a great face pic - hubby thinks bubs looks like him!! They're still dating me at 21 weeks so we'll wait and see.
    Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing Friday evening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a few months now so thought I'd join in. I'm Due the end of Dec. I've been given a few different due dates so not sure when exactly, I've decided whatever date I get at my scan next week I'm sticking with it. Also, I seems I have a family traditon of going early which would be great as I'm really not enjoying the pregnancy part at all. Still have morning sickness and the tiredness has never gone away.

I'm getting everything for the baby as hand me downs or second hand but even at that the travel system thing gives me a whopper headache. I know it's important to get one you're comfortable with but if you've never used one before it's hard to know what is going to work for you.

Anyone else dreaming about their baby, I had a lovely dream about mine last night, he (I feel like it's a boy) was really quiet slept well.( :pac: wishfull thinking)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Quick question...Do I need to bring my chart to the anomaly scan? It's a big yoke of thing to lugging around if I don't have to.

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Quick question...Do I need to bring my chart to the anomaly scan? It's a big yoke of thing to lugging around if I don't have to.

Hi Sweet_pea,

Yes you do need your chart for the scan:-)

Hi afternoon tea,

Unfortunately the link only takes me to mammas&Pappas web but not directly to the travel system so if you can tell me the name of it I can have look and let you know:-)

I think my favourite one is Gesslein F4 travel system at the moment. I seen it in the shop abroad and it ticks all my boxes and you can pick from hundreds of colour schemes..It is German made so the quality&workmenshi is fantastic.. I know it's hard to buy perfect travel system for your first one coz you just go for what you like but you may find out thats it's not practical on many levels as you go. Plus I am lucky I get lots of chances to see different things in different countries which helps coz the options are endless. I think here in IRL market offers great looking travel systems which are handy for us mums but most of them does not consider comfort, space and health&safety of our little ones. Only my opinion ;-)

Hi Elle13, thanks for your help! it was called the piko pramette heritage spot but already I'm looking at it through different eyes now!! I have a little Ford Ka 2 door and everyone keeps telling me I'll need a 4 door with a baby in the back so I'm thinking I'd better hurry up and upgrade the car before choosing a pram so I know if it fits in the boot!

Hi All, had my scan today and all seems grand. Didn't find out what we're having but strangely I'm even more convinced its a girl. Got a great face pic - hubby thinks bubs looks like him!! They're still dating me at 21 weeks so we'll wait and see.
    Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing Friday evening :)

Congrats on your scan Always number 1, glad it went well! Did you get good pics? It's funny I was convinced I was having a girl but as the time goes on I am not so convinced...I think I am trying to prepare myself for either now!!

Has anyone started thinking of names yet??

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a few months now so thought I'd join in. I'm Due the end of Dec. I've been given a few different due dates so not sure when exactly, I've decided whatever date I get at my scan next week I'm sticking with it. Also, I seems I have a family traditon of going early which would be great as I'm really not enjoying the pregnancy part at all. Still have morning sickness and the tiredness has never gone away.

I'm getting everything for the baby as hand me downs or second hand but even at that the travel system thing gives me a whopper headache. I know it's important to get one you're comfortable with but if you've never used one before it's hard to know what is going to work for you.

Anyone else dreaming about their baby, I had a lovely dream about mine last night, he (I feel like it's a boy) was really quiet slept well.( :pac: wishfull thinking)

Hi Sweet Pea, welcome to the thread! when is your scan this week? Best of luck, so exciting isn't it! I'm the same and have been given a few different dates, I have decided to go with the original one from the early date scan so than means I am 22weeks tomorrow. I am just thinking if I go with the earlier due date (10 days earlier) I will be expecting more sooner!! I am sure the doc will decide later anyway but just for now I will go with the original date of 24th Dec!

I haven't actually had many dreams of baby, although every time I wake up in the night baby is first thing on my mind - it's like I'm constantly thinking about baby!

Cool you are getting hand me downs - so handy! Yeah the pram thing is a head wrecker, now I am kind of dreading starting looking as have NO idea what to look for and scared I'll just be sold one by a pushy sales person!

Congratulations Sweet Pea :)
    All my dreams are about the baby, it's always a he in the dreams and always the most well behaved baby ever. I had one where he didn't cry to be fed as he didn't want to disturb me so I kept forgetting to feed him .... woke up a bit shook from that one!
    I took my chart (which is just an a4 card, must be different to yours) to my anomaly scan and the consultant didn't want it. I was told by the midwife in my first antenatal class that it has to come everywhere with me though so I keep it close and it's battered by now!

I ordered my buggy yesterday and brought home my car seat and steriliser. I ordered the Mothercare Movix buggy, its lovely and reduced to e450 from e650 so I felt I got a bargain :) ... ( well my Mammy & Daddy did as they are buying for first grandchild in 18 years )

Got the Tommee Tippee steam steriliser for e40 in Mothercare, reduced from e70. I also got 6 Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles for e17 (half price). Also got the MaxiCosi Cabriofix for e130!! I feel ike it's all coming together now and just adds to the excitement!!

I saw a twin buggy that has two prams side by side facing Mama Hello Lady, It's a Bugaboo ....

Jinx Afternoon Tea :)

I just remembered I'm 25 weeks today! I love Mondays now!! 15 weeks left .... Wish I wasn't first due!

I had a great dream a little while back about my babies. Myself and hubby were heading into the hospital for a check up when I got a call from the hospital asking was I near by. I said, yes actually we're on our way in. Great they said. so in we go and the nurse meets us and says 'Great news! Your babies are ready to be collected!'

In we go, and there the babies are (both girls! yay!) all cute and gorgeous, and ready to be taken home! Now that is my idea of how having a baby should be!

Then I woke up, looked down and saw my HUGE tummy, and realised that it is not going to be that easy :(

I had a great dream a little while back about my babies. Myself and hubby were heading into the hospital for a check up when I got a call from the hospital asking was I near by. I said, yes actually we're on our way in. Great they said. so in we go and the nurse meets us and says 'Great news! Your babies are ready to be collected!'

In we go, and there the babies are (both girls! yay!) all cute and gorgeous, and ready to be taken home! Now that is my idea of how having a baby should be!

Then I woke up, looked down and saw my HUGE tummy, and realised that it is not going to be that easy :(

Ha ha you made my day... Is this your first labour you are in for ?;-)

• Advertisement

Ha ha you made my day... Is this your first labour you are in for ?;-)

Yes - with twins!

part of me is half hoping for a caesarian to avoid the pain of labour! But then there is the pain of recovery and trying to lift/carry two babies with a healing wound! Eitherway, I don't think I will avoid pain unfortunately. :(

Advertisement