Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

closifer wrote: »
    Never really thought of that! This is the other one I am looking at. Out of interest, which model would you go for?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BTTNE9A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

:-D See I may seam a bit ott with the whole flat back option but I have my reasons (I learned)... Basically my first baby loved fresh air and outdoors (same as myself and my oh) so I did put him in the buggy for his afternoon naps ever since he was baba... When it was raining I just put the rain cover on the buggy and walked him for 15 mins or so, when he fell asleep I just left the buggy on the back garden and he slept away coz he had all the comfort he needed. I was able to do anything in the house while he was napping in the back and just suited us perfectly. I don't think he ever napped in his cotbed in the afternoon untill he was about 18 months or more. I am hoping to be able to do the same with this little guy!:-)
    I also liked to do a bit if walking so when weather permitted I walked him for hour or two and he just slept away :-)
    The truth is that there is not any choice of buggies their back rest and foot rest go into flat position on Irish market so am also looking abroad and not here. But seeing you are searching on line you may consider and try to find a travel system with this feature. In general German, Swedish, Dutch and even Czech buggies are great quality and offer great service. On the other hand I would avoid Polish made buggies as they can look the business but the workmanship and materials used are usually lacking the quality :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Oh i am glad other people are starting to talk about travel systems. My brain has been fried looking at them!

Does anyone have any opinions on this one?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008HNZ03O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    It comes with everything and is pretty good value at £270.

Its a really good price but we dont find out the sex of the baby for 10 days and perhaps im just being silly & paranoid because it is supposed to be unisex but i wonder is it a little girly (im not a girls in pink and boys in blue kind of person so i cant even believe i am asking this question!!)?

Closifer that is a gorgeous buggy and now I'm jealous! Is not too girly at all, I really like it!

Now I see your 2nd post, I don't know if you have picked already but the first buggy is nicer.

thanks for your replies - puts my mind at ease! I am pretty sure the midwife said I would prob get an injection later on in my pregnancy anyway...I don't think I was listening too well by that stage as I had started worrying!! Thanks again!

Afternoon Tea
    I am RH Neg and pretty sure the baby daddy is RH pos so I know I will need the injection at some stage even though no doctor or midwife have mentioned it to me. I have an appointment at 28 weeks in 2 weeks so I assume I will get something there.

My GP told me it is now routine for expectant mams to get the whooping cough vaccine at 32 weeks. It will cost €30 and vaccinates the baby until 2 months. Has anyone else been informed of this? I will also be getitng the flu vaccine at same visit and am unsure about both of these.

fima wrote: »

My GP told me it is now routine for expectant mams to get the whooping cough vaccine at 32 weeks. It will cost €30 and vaccinates the baby until 2 months. Has anyone else been informed of this? I will also be getitng the flu vaccine at same visit and am unsure about both of these.

Hi fima,

It's totally up to you if you get any going vaccine or not.. Not a decision on hse or your GP. I personally would not want to get any vaccines while am pregnant and will not ve getting any. I was not informed of it yet but if I am I won't be getting one!:-)

Hi fima,

It's totally up to you if you get any going vaccine or not.. Not a decision on hse or your GP. I personally would not want to get any vaccines while am pregnant and will not ve getting any. I was not informed of it yet but if I am I won't be getting one!:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Afternoon Tea I am RH Neg and pretty sure the baby daddy is RH pos so I know I will need the injection at some stage even though no doctor or midwife have mentioned it to me. I have an appointment at 28 weeks in 2 weeks so I assume I will get something there.

Hi Fima thanks for this! Midwife mentioned me having an injection at some point at a later appointment so not quite sure when to expect it but we'll see. Does anyone know if we have any scans after the 20 week one? It was never mentioned and I forgot to ask! I am at Holles St...

Hope all Dec mums doing well! I wonder have any of you had comments from others like 'you wouldn't even notice you were pregnant really?' my bump is quite small and high up and easy-ish to conceal with a loose top, but I kind of feel dissapointed when I get those comments, I feel like shouting "well i am!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hi Fima

Hope all Dec mums doing well! I wonder have any of you had comments from others like 'you wouldn't even notice you were pregnant really?' my bump is quite small and high up and easy-ish to conceal with a loose top, but I kind of feel dissapointed when I get those comments, I feel like shouting "well i am!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hiya:-)

Well... Am not sure what to think but... I have put on over 9 kg since I found out I was expecting and so I feel I got massive and I do believe I have bump which can't be mistaken for anything else but still was told by few strangers I don't look pregnant... For me that would mean I am heavily overweight!:-D
    I am also carrying high but hello... I do look pregnant. The last time it happened it was in the airport when I did not want to go through security scan and was looking for manual search.. They asked why I don't want to go through and when I said obviously coz am pregnant the lady said "where do you carry the baby when you have no bump"! So I think I prefer to wear tight pregnancy tops before the loose ones:-) I am size 10 so when I wear slim tops I feel you would have to be fool to think anything else but that am pregnant ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

I've been told I'm huge, which makes me feel just fantastic :rolleyes:. I don't think I've ever commented on a pregnant womans size before but I will never ever do it after this. It's just not nice, I feel like everyone is watching the bump and the weight gain. I put on loads of weight in my early 20's (and subsequently lost it) and I think some people are waiting to see if I do it again.

I've put on a stone so far, I'm not too worried about that but I know I've definitely lost tone which is upsetting me more.

I seem to be carrying really low, is anyone else? I was thinking I was and then a few people mention is to me as well. I've got quite a pulling sensation under the bump at times so I got a support belt which seems to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mil83

Sweet_pea wrote: »

I seem to be carrying really low, is anyone else? I was thinking I was and then a few people mention is to me as well.

I seem to be carrying quite low as well but my mam said she carried us all low and she has 8 so maybe that's were I'm getting it from.
    I haven't gained any weight so far with all the sickness I've lost about 2 stone since I fell pregnant but baby is thriving so I'm not worried :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Elle13 wrote: »
    :-) I think who is getting a girl is a lucky one at this stage... Boys are born and due all around me:-)

Just found out this week that both twins are girls!!! :D

• Advertisement

Just found out this week that both twins are girls!!! :D

Congratulations Hello Lady!!! so so exciting!!! How far along are you now and have you bought any baby bits and pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Lovely! Congrats hello lady. Are they identical? I know it's prob quite stressful but how lovely to be having twins :-)

We got our pram at the weekend. Got the graco mosaic in red colour from euro baby. Was only 169 for that and car seat but after assembling it, it seems good quality. It folds down really easily and quite compactly too which I like. Seems a little early to be getting stuff in (I'm 26+5) but it was on offer.

Can't wait to start getting tiny clothes in!
    How is everyone getting on?

I've been told I'm huge, which makes me feel just fantastic :rolleyes:. I don't think I've ever commented on a pregnant womans size before but I will never ever do it after this. It's just not nice, I feel like everyone is watching the bump and the weight gain. I put on loads of weight in my early 20's (and subsequently lost it) and I think some people are waiting to see if I do it again.

I've put on a stone so far, I'm not too worried about that but I know I've definitely lost tone which is upsetting me more.

I seem to be carrying really low, is anyone else? I was thinking I was and then a few people mention is to me as well. I've got quite a pulling sensation under the bump at times so I got a support belt which seems to help.

Hey Sweet Pea, I know, it would definitely make me think what I would say to a pregnany lady next! One lady was saying to me yesterday I'm lucky I haven't put weight on on my face...it's mad the things people notice?!!
    Have put on a stone so far too which I don't think is too bad...although I do feel a bit more wobbily but sure that is to be expected! I had the best intentions of exercising throughout pregnancy but have only managed one swim so far! I am starting pregnancy yoga next week so will see how that goes!

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hiya:-)

Well... Am not sure what to think but... I have put on over 9 kg since I found out I was expecting and so I feel I got massive and I do believe I have bump which can't be mistaken for anything else but still was told by few strangers I don't look pregnant... For me that would mean I am heavily overweight!:-D
    I am also carrying high but hello... I do look pregnant. The last time it happened it was in the airport when I did not want to go through security scan and was looking for manual search.. They asked why I don't want to go through and when I said obviously coz am pregnant the lady said "where do you carry the baby when you have no bump"! So I think I prefer to wear tight pregnancy tops before the loose ones:-) I am size 10 so when I wear slim tops I feel you would have to be fool to think anything else but that am pregnant ;-)

I hear ya Elle13!! I tend to opt for fitted tops now, just to make it obvious I'm pregnant! I wonder how big we'll actually get? I know some people don't get that huge...we'll have to wait and see I suppose!

How is everyone doing anyway? Starting to feel tired more than usual and also heaving again in the morning - hoping the sickness doesn't come back!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

It is hard to believe how insensitive some people are. While it is so exciting - its also frightening to see your body change at such a rapid pace! I am 26 weeks and have gained 18lbs. I'm a little alarmed by this. If I put on 1lb a week for the remainder of the pregnancy - ill have put up 32lbs which seems like a lot!

My doctor wasnt exactly hugely helpful or informative on the matter. She told me that most people put on 9kg in total - which is only 19lbs. I really dont believe thats the case but she made me paranoid that I am going to be WAY above average.

Im trying to watch my eating and im making homemade veg soups and eating porridge for brekkie but my appetite for carbs is insatiable!

Congratulations Hello Lady!!! so so exciting!!! How far along are you now and have you bought any baby bits and pieces?

21 weeks now, but babies are measuring 10 days ahead of gestational age, so big babies! making my eyes water just thinking about it!

Yes I've bought a few bits. We got the cots and mattresses last week, and then my sister bought us a steriliser unit this week. Have bought some clothes as well - I hadn't bought many clothes until this week. Before I knew what we were having I found it really hard to be interested in the clothes as so much of the 'unisex' stuff is white or lemon. And there is only so many white/lemon baby grows you can buy. Now I know what we're having I went a bit mad! But got some great bargains on littlewoods - e.g a top and leggings set for €2.00 (was €14), bought one pink, one purple, a summer outfit with sundress, t-shirt, frilly knickers and a sunhat all for €5 (was €16), again bought one of each version. Guineys also have great bargains on childrens clothes. Not somewhere you would think to look when shopping online, but they are very cheap. Got a few more babygrows, little hats and mittens too and bibs in Guineys. So I have enough stuff to do me now for in the hospital and first few days and then have a few bits for when next summer comes (they'll be about 6 months by then). I am hoping that it's true what people keep telling me, that I'll get loads of presents of clothes, so I am trying to restrain myself to just enough newborn stuff to get me through the first week or so until people start to visit! :p
    kandr10 wrote: »
    Lovely! Congrats hello lady. Are they identical? I know it's prob quite stressful but how lovely to be having twins :-)

We got our pram at the weekend. Got the graco mosaic in red colour from euro baby. Was only 169 for that and car seat but after assembling it, it seems good quality. It folds down really easily and quite compactly too which I like. Seems a little early to be getting stuff in (I'm 26+5) but it was on offer.

Can't wait to start getting tiny clothes in!
    How is everyone getting on?

No not identical.
    You don't know how lucky you are with being able to get a buggy for that price. I am looking around second hand, but even then it's not cheap. The one I really want is a bugaboo donkey but its crazy expensive (almost €2k) or the baby jogger city select (which is a bit more reasonable but still over €1000) or the bumbleride indie (same price as the city select but only available from UK). Most 'double' buggy systems are more suited (IMO) to siblings of different ages, rather than twins. I am totally head melted at this stage - more so due to the thoughts of spending so much money and making the wrong choice!

I should be at Electric Picnic, tent up, buckfast in hand ready to go. Today is a cruel pregnancy day. If one more person tells me it'll be worth it I'll scream. I'm so jealous of all my friends going I haven't been able to speak to them all week! I just keep thinking *this time next year* Babysitter is booked already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

I should be at Electric Picnic, tent up, buckfast in hand ready to go. Today is a cruel pregnancy day. If one more person tells me it'll be worth it I'll scream. I'm so jealous of all my friends going I haven't been able to speak to them all week! I just keep thinking *this time next year* Babysitter is booked already :)

I feel your pain fima this is my second year in a row saying that, but I will be there next year. It is worth it but it's not easy at the time when everyone is heading off!

I've just sent of one of my friends to EP, I was getting all excited while she was packing and than the boy kicked and remembered my rather quite and dull weekend ahead. I'm a bit hormonal so it's not helping but really strugling with living my single life behind today.
    Im trying to watch my eating and im making homemade veg soups and eating porridge for brekkie but my appetite for carbs is insatiable!

Carbs have been a killer for me too, I didn't it them before but a slice of toast helps with the ms. Only four months left and then it's back to good, proper food.

Congrats Hello lady on your two little ladies!

Third trimester for me on Monday so silver linings and all that :) I can't believe how quickly time is going! If I had known last year recovering from EP on the Monday that I would be 27 weeks along the next year I think I would have ran screaming back into the field!
    Starting volunteering 2 mornings a week in a preschool next week, can't wait!

Hello Lady, Congratulations on your little girls :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

I'm back to work on Monday after mat leave :( I'm lucky that my parents are able to mind dd for us but the thoughts of not being with her for 5 days a week I don't know how I'll do it!
    On the plus side I only have 12 weeks in work and then I'm on mat leave again roll on 29th November :D and OH has mentioned about me working a 3 day week after baby no.2 arrives I def don't have a problem with that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

Good Evening Ladies
    Is there anyone living in Kilkenny or going to hospital in Kilkenny?
    Thanks

I had a nightmare when I was about 9 weeks that the baby kicked me so hard his foot came through my stomach. Think it was some sort of premonition as to what a ferocious kicker he was going to be, has been given me some right digs the last few days. If I lie quietly on my back you can actually see the kicks.:eek:

Had a few (what I think are) Braxon hicks yesterday that were quite strong. Not painful but not pleasant either.

I had a nightmare when I was about 9 weeks that the baby kicked me so hard his foot came through my stomach. Think it was some sort of premonition as to what a ferocious kicker he was going to be, has been given me some right digs the last few days. If I lie quietly on my back you can actually see the kicks.:eek:

Had a few (what I think are) Braxon hicks yesterday that were quite strong. Not painful but not pleasant either.

Hey there everyone, hope all December mums are doing well and looking forward to the weekend!

Sweetpea - yeah for the past few weeks the kicks have been the same - can actually see belly move it's just amazing, feel like I have my own little entertainment system - could just stare at it moving all night! It seems to be busiest in the morning and then from 10.30ish at night.

I also wanted to say I was wondering if I had these braxton hicks at the wkd - what did yours feel like? Mine felt like a really intense stitch down one side that got worse over about 15-20mins then eased off. I was thinking of calling the midwife to ask but you don't really want to bother them! I called them during the week with another query anyway and they said it sounds like a stretching kind of pain and nothing to worry about! Put my mind at ease. I suppose we are going to get alot of random pains and sensations as baby gets bigger aren't we.

I have another (embarassing) medical ailment - piles! has anyone else had these yet?!!!

Fairie wrote: »
    I'm back to work on Monday after mat leave :( I'm lucky that my parents are able to mind dd for us but the thoughts of not being with her for 5 days a week I don't know how I'll do it!
    On the plus side I only have 12 weeks in work and then I'm on mat leave again roll on 29th November :D and OH has mentioned about me working a 3 day week after baby no.2 arrives I def don't have a problem with that!!

Hi Fairie how did your first week back go? I hope it went ok! Must have been so hard leaving your little one but sounds lovely that your parents are able to mind him / her! and only 3 months before you start maternity again - you have the right idea there!!!

I have another (embarassing) medical ailment - piles! has anyone else had these yet?!!!

Don't have piles (yet) but I have a more embarassing ailment... I struggle to wipe my bum! :eek: Seriously! between the extra expanse my little arms have to get around, added to the fact that due to my sciatica I can't twist and add in carpal tunnel syndrome so my hands don't even work, and quite frankly you have a situation where I actually feel exhausted just at the thoughts of going to the loo! :o Now don't get me wrong, I do manage! and moist toilet paper is a life saver. But my god, I feel like I've just pulled off a really complex yoga pose after each time I go and I need a little rest afterwards!!!
    So humiliating!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Don't have piles (yet) but I have a more embarassing ailment... I struggle to wipe my bum! :eek: Seriously! between the extra expanse my little arms have to get around, added to the fact that due to my sciatica I can't twist and add in carpal tunnel syndrome so my hands don't even work, and quite frankly you have a situation where I actually feel exhausted just at the thoughts of going to the loo! :o Now don't get me wrong, I do manage! and moist toilet paper is a life saver. But my god, I feel like I've just pulled off a really complex yoga pose after each time I go and I need a little rest afterwards!!!
    So humiliating!

Hello Lady! Its hilarious how No one talks about the less glam side of pregnancy! I am currently struggling to buckle up my shoes and take off my socks. I feel like an old lady. Its so bizarre. I really cant wait to have the ability to bend back!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cas_k

I'm just 17 weeks so no kicks yet... but I had that dream last night too, where the babys foot came through my stomach... wonder if it is a preminition for me also!!!!

I also wanted to say I was wondering if I had these braxton hicks at the wkd - what did yours feel like? Mine felt like a really intense stitch down one side that got worse over about 15-20mins then eased off. I was thinking of calling the midwife to ask but you don't really want to bother them! I called them during the week with another query anyway and they said it sounds like a stretching kind of pain and nothing to worry about! Put my mind at ease. I suppose we are going to get alot of random pains and sensations as baby gets bigger aren't we.

It started as a twinge just under the right side of the bump above the pubic line then spread into a tightening going right under the bump lasting about a min. Wasn't painful but was uncomfortable. Happened about three times during the day. Not sure what it was but didn't worry me.

Sleep is becoming lacking again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi All, haven't been on in a while, hope everyone is doing well.
    Am now 24 weeks and all great so far. Had my first GP visit (under combined care) yesterday and other than my blood pressure being low he's very happy with how I'm getting on. As mentioned before, I had quite a high BMI before I even got pregnant but GP and hospital are both pleased with how I'm managing my weight (have only gained 4 lbs in total so far)

Anyway, just looking for some suggestions/advice, my brother in law and his wife have offered us some baby stuff - cot, steriliser, stair gates etc; to save us having to buy them. They are all in immaculate condition and we will be delighted to accept them. What should we offer them as payment/thanks?
    We don't want to insult them by offering cash but we don't want to take them and not give something back. We were thinking of some kind of voucher but we were unsure what value to put on the stuff. If we gave them a voucher worth the full amount of the stuff, it would defeat the whole purpose of us getting the stuff second half but we don't want to give them too little either. Any suggestions/advice welcome x

Advertisement