Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I bought mine online - from Ireland, but via the web. They were delivered within a few days and each one cost me €89 for the cot and €40 for the mattress (I could have got cheaper mattresses for €20 but I liked the idea of the coconut anti-allergy ones). I wanted drop sided cots, and not everywhere does them - ikea's cots aren't drop sided, but they are only about €70 so if you don't want a drop sided one they are really affordable.

http://babyaccessoriesireland.com/

eurobaby also can be bought online with free delivery as do mothercare. They have one for €79 excl mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

We bought our travel system 2 weeks ago and I have to say I would really recommend trying amazon.co.uk. We saw a travel system in a local store and we fell in love but it was 600 which was a fair bit above budget. We went home and bought it with free delivery for 390 - saving us 210!! Its also came 3 days after we placed the order :)

My latest obsession is picking up little toys and pieces for babys xmas stocking! I know its really just for us as he wont have a clue whats going on but I cant believe I will have a little boy this Xmas - its so exciting !

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

I'm trying to sort out my bag, its headwrecking! Keep getting different opinions and told 'you don't need that' ..... No I don't NEED it but I WANT it!!!!!
    MIL looked at me scornfully because I said I was packing lanolin for sore nipples in case of problems breastfeeding. Sick of it now, condescending people annoying me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Was at a baby fair thing today by Aris. It's a mostly 2nd hand things but a lot were brand new as people had got double presents and were selling the extra. Couldn't believe the quality, got loads of bits and pieces and the mothers were just lovely. Even saw a double and triple buggy for 100 and 200 euro. Would definitely recommend them for anyone in and around Dublin.

Somehow after this week I have almost everything I need (bar a cot). Wasn't really planning on getting everything so soon but couldn't pass up on anything. Whoop, motherhood here I come! Just need the baby now. :o

FIMA, I can't believe how much people voice their opinion on parenting. I've just been zoning out of a few converstions.

I've been trying to take one piece of advice I got at the start which was - Nod, Smile, Ignore. It's fecking hard though!

I need to get a monitor, cot mattress, electric breast pump, baby bath and a few cosy cardigans and baby tights and I'm pretty much done! Is a lovely feeling :) My sister in law has offered to buy me a changing unit, I'm debating whether this is necessary.

My good friend who is due in Oct is finished up in work now, I nearly fainted when she told me, It's all getting real!

Oh yes, I got a *gorgeous* pelvic girdle support belt on Thursday from the physio in the hosp. Its hilarious!! I found the class brilliant though, she gave us a spiky ball thing to push up against the sore spot and rub against the wall. It sounds ridiculous but it's the best thing ever! Serious pain relief :) Also she showed some exercises to do on a gym ball which helped me as I have been kind of floundering around the place on mine up to now!

Hope everyone's keeping well :)

• Advertisement

fima wrote: »
    I'm trying to sort out my bag, its headwrecking! Keep getting different opinions and told 'you don't need that' ..... No I don't NEED it but I WANT it!!!!!
    MIL looked at me scornfully because I said I was packing lanolin for sore nipples in case of problems breastfeeding. Sick of it now, condescending people annoying me!

I also HATE how everyone is an expert on all matters childbirth and parenting. God I hope I never become one of those people! Made the mistake of telling someone the other day that we hadnt decided if we are getting the baby baptised or not. Wish i hadnt opened my mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Excited - I'll have to remember to put earplugs on the list! haven't even thought about the bag, I keep putting everything off as it feels too early but then again I imagine time will just creep up and also if we leave it too late we'll be bigger and won't really feel like trapsing the shops for things!

Can I ask what the difference is between a crib and a cot? can babies not sleep in a cot or is it just too big for them so early? I know a crib rocks...will a crib last longer than a moses basket??? sorry if basic questions = clueless!!

Hi afternoon tea,

Sorry haven't been on in a few days, found out thurs eve I have gestational diabetes :( which im not happy about at all and is taking me awhile to get my head around it.

About the crib and cot thing, yeah a cot on its own is too big for baby at first im told but I think it was 'hello lady' who mentioned dividers, I don't know anything about them but they sound like they would be perfect. Obviously We want to have the baby in our room for a few months and we don't have a cot as yet but my sisters child is just beginning to sleep in a bed now so that one will def be ready for us after Christmas (sisters with kids are so handy!!) but our bedroom is not hugely big so id rather have something slightly smaller than a cot for the first 6 months or so,. We bought our crib online from Ireland and the total came to around €250 I think, that's for the crib, mattress, curtain thingy over crib, bumper pack etc so it was really good value. we have it put together and set up and it seems great. I think someone already mentioned the website earlier www.babyaccessoriesireland. it seems to be a little bigger than a moses basket but not by a huge amount and yes it rocks etc aswell, they say the baby can sleep in this until it is able to sit up or pull itself up. It just suited us as we were stuck for space and we don't have to invest in a cot after the baby has grown out of it so it might not suit everyone

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on for a while. I am sooo not organised this time around. I am excited and all but I guess I am more relaxed about things since this is my second baby. I am having another boy so I don't really have to buy much as I have loads of stuff after my first boy. It was only this wend I bought few little outfits and washed some baby clothes. I have my buggy ordered so can't wait for it to arrive... I got it custom made so can't wait to see how the colours worked together ect.:-)
    As for the sleeping arrangement.. I have a cotbed (which is bigger than a cot) and I am planning for the baby to sleep in it from a day one! See... I believe .. it really is only retail trick to tell us new mums you need a mosses basket and a cot or crib and only than your baby is ready to sleep in a cotbed ect. In general babies like to be swaddled fir few first weeks so if you do that, than they can comfortably sleep in any size of bed.. Just had a long conversation re this with a pediatrician and she totally agreed so don't panic getting all of those bits unless you really feel like you cant live without them:-) See in reality you possibly won't use the mosses basket for longer than 8 weeks (coz the baby will be too big for it than). Although I loved the handiness of basket coz I could have it downstairs during the day and it was easy to carry it upstairs for the night, I will just have a little cot downstairs this time and the cotbed upstairs.:-) My head is in the spin over the birth plan right now coz my midwife wants me to have one in place this time so thinking overtime about that as all the ifs are popping up:-/
    Can I just ask if anyone is experiencing problems with skin? I just had a massive cold sore it's not even like me I only ever had about 3 in my whole life and it took ages to get rid of it. Also spots are coming and going..:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hi all,
    You're all so organised! I've not got any clothes or anything in yet (other than a few bits I'm knitting). I keep putting it off though I've bought other things like pram and stuff. When do you typically get hospital bag ready?

I'm also going for a normal cot bed from day one. My niece and nephew were both happy enough sleeping in theirs so hopefully our baby will be the same. I'm in an apartment with limited space so that's why I don't want a Moses basket or crib as well. They do have their places if you've an upstairs and downstairs though.

I had some really weird spots kinda under the skin that never broke out. Really strange and looked peculiar. Just did one of those sanctuary mud mask sachets from boots maybe 3times and it cleared right up (I got 3uses out of I e sachet and it was only 2.50)! I'd totally recommend.

Was just at hospital today to give more blood. I'm on a low sugar diet cos I've impaired glucose tolerance but turns out I lost a little weight so need to eat more. First time in my life someone's told me that lol :-)

kandr10 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    You're all so organised! I've not got any clothes or anything in yet (other than a few bits I'm knitting). I keep putting it off though I've bought other things. Like pram and stuff. When do you typically get hospital bag ready?

I'm also going for a normal cot bed from day one. My niece and nephew were both happy enough sleeping in theirs so hopefully our baby will be the same. I'm in an apartment with limited space so that's why I don't want a Moses basket or crib as well. They do have their places if you've an upstairs and downstairs though.

I had some really weird spots kinda under the skin that never broke out. Really strange and looked peculiar. Just did one of those sanctuary mud mask sachets from boots maybe 3times and it cleared right up (I got 3uses out of I e sachet and it was only 2.50)! I'd totally recommend.

Hi Kandr,

So nice to hear someone is as "organised" as I am :-) I still have to get the nursery done... It is our guest bedroom at the moment ... It freshly painted now but still have to put the changing unit in it and a little storage for babies clothes.

I think they said to get the bag ready around 36 weeks! If the baba came any time earlier you would still have to get premature baby clothes and there is no point doing that unless it happened;-) You can start getting bits and pieces when you see special deal but I think it's a bit early to have the bag ready to go at this stage:-)

Thanks for the tip for cure for spots... They are actually very much as you described them.. Will definitely try the mask!

Is any of you using the Pharmatom maternity vitamins supplement girls?? I only opened the starter pack I got from the maternity hospital and redeemed this voucher (it's a supply for a month and got it free but could not believe it cost €17!). I was not using any maternity supplements par from folic acid for the first 14 weeks as I would have very good diet so doctor said I don't need any). Only trying this one now as I thought it may help my skin :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Excited! wrote: »
    Hi afternoon tea,

Sorry haven't been on in a few days, found out thurs eve I have gestational diabetes :( which im not happy about at all and is taking me awhile to get my head around it.

About the crib and cot thing, yeah a cot on its own is too big for baby at first im told but I think it was 'hello lady' who mentioned dividers, I don't know anything about them but they sound like they would be perfect. Obviously We want to have the baby in our room for a few months and we don't have a cot as yet but my sisters child is just beginning to sleep in a bed now so that one will def be ready for us after Christmas (sisters with kids are so handy!!) but our bedroom is not hugely big so id rather have something slightly smaller than a cot for the first 6 months or so,. We bought our crib online from Ireland and the total came to around €250 I think, that's for the crib, mattress, curtain thingy over crib, bumper pack etc so it was really good value. we have it put together and set up and it seems great. I think someone already mentioned the website earlier www.babyaccessoriesireland. it seems to be a little bigger than a moses basket but not by a huge amount and yes it rocks etc aswell, they say the baby can sleep in this until it is able to sit up or pull itself up. It just suited us as we were stuck for space and we don't have to invest in a cot after the baby has grown out of it so it might not suit everyone

Hope this helps :)

Hi Excited! Oh I was reading about diabetes test there lately, what does it mean in pregnancy-do you have to watch what you eat now or how does it work? Have been eating so much choc lately it wouldn't surprise me if I have it too when they test me!! Are you feeling ok with it??

Thanks for info about cot/crib, I have to get thinking hat on!

It's mad reading how organised people are on here - I literally have not bought one things yet- I mean nothing wotsoever! At first I was so cautious in case anything happens early on and then I thought I'll start in October but I wrote a list the other day of things to get and its quite big now!!!
    Keep suggesting maye starting looking at prams to hubby but we are both dreading it as dont really know what we're looking for so we're putting it off- think will actually start the search soon! Heard there are a few out on the long mile road so will start there! God I'm starting to panic now!!

Had to have time off work last week as piles were so uncomfortable, got steroid cream from the docs and things seem to be less painful now- altho I have this fear of loads of them popping out during the birth-agghhh!!

Have noticed my skin breaking out a little more lately, if say it has alot to do with my chocolate consumption too tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi Kandr,

So nice to hear someone is as "organised" as I am :-) I still have to get the nursery done... It is our guest bedroom at the moment ... It freshly painted now but still have to put the changing unit in it and a little storage for babies clothes.

I think they said to get the bag ready around 36 weeks! If the baba came any time earlier you would still have to get premature baby clothes and there is no point doing that unless it happened;-) You can start getting bits and pieces when you see special deal but I think it's a bit early to have the bag ready to go at this stage:-)

Thanks for the tip for cure for spots... They are actually very much as you described them.. Will definitely try the mask!

Is any of you using the Pharmatom maternity vitamins supplement girls?? I only opened the starter pack I got from the maternity hospital and redeemed this voucher (it's a supply for a month and got it free but could not believe it cost €17!). I was not using any maternity supplements par from folic acid for the first 14 weeks as I would have very good diet so doctor said I don't need any). Only trying this one now as I thought it may help my skin :-)

I've been using LUSH magnaminty mask for past few months-really nice and natural too!
    Also was going to Accupuncture for a while at the start of pregnancy-she recommended Solgar prenatal vitamins so have been taking them-the smallest jar is €10 in health food shop, only thing is they are like swallowing bullets!!!

€10 is really good for pregnancy vitamins! I'm on pregnacare and think its 17-19 a box. Maternity is a bit like the word wedding - cost of everything seems compounded by it!
    36 weeks sounds reasonable. I'm gonna try have everything sorted by then, more cos I dont think I'll be in mood for walking round town later on.
    Feel for you afternoon tea with the piles. Horrible things! Hopefully they settle down for you.

kandr10 wrote: »
    €10 is really good for pregnancy vitamins! I'm on pregnacare and think its 17-19 a box. Maternity is a bit like the word wedding - cost of everything seems compounded by it!

I am on pregnacare since start of pregnancy and have been paying €6.99 for a months supply all along, last month they were half price in Dunnes so I bought 4 boxes as I will carry on taking them after baby comes. I was getting them in local pharmacies and Dunnes all along.

My friend gave me a huge bag of never worn newborn babygro's and vests today, her baby was a thumper so they never fit. I nearly cried looking at the size of the little legs and arms. I'm a ball of emotions again, hello 30 weeks!!

In 7 more weeks I will be considered full term. Is it too late to change my mind?? :D

Anyone that's not 'organised' I wouldn't worry, I am just a bit uptight about these things. My boyfriend keeps telling me, all a baby needs is a warm blanket and lots of love and I'm there stressing about teddy bears with womb sounds or frogs that light up with heartbeats. Its all a bit ridiculous really ;)

I am on pregnacare since start of pregnancy and have been paying €6.99 for a months supply all along, last month they were half price in Dunnes so I bought 4 boxes as I will carry on taking them after baby comes. I was getting them in local pharmacies and Dunnes all along.

My friend gave me a huge bag of never worn newborn babygro's and vests today, her baby was a thumper so they never fit. I nearly cried looking at the size of the little legs and arms. I'm a ball of emotions again, hello 30 weeks!!

In 7 more weeks I will be considered full term. Is it too late to change my mind?? :D

Anyone that's not 'organised' I wouldn't worry, I am just a bit uptight about these things. My boyfriend keeps telling me, all a baby needs is a warm blanket and lots of love and I'm there stressing about teddy bears with womb sounds or frogs that light up with heartbeats. Its all a bit ridiculous really ;)

That's unreal!!! I thought I was doing well getting them 3for2 in boots when I could. I priced them in local pharmacy and they were the same so just assumed it was standard. Ill be hitting dunnes for sure to stock up. I think it's ok to use the same supplement while breast feeding right?
    A teddy with womb sounds sounds cool! Add that to the list kandr!
    In fairness everyone's different and once you're enjoying the lead up that's the main thing :-)

Fima wow - great bargain on the pregnacare. The costs can really add up but to be honest i cannot set foot in a department store/penneys/guineys/tesco/boots...etc etc without buying something. Everyone is also telling me im being ridiculous but i cannot help it! I am also trying to be ridiculously organised as im scared ill go early and have nothing ready! (though i wouldnt really mind if the little guy came at 38 weeks)

I got a great bargain in tesco 2 weeks ago. the boxes of 196 cheeky bots nappies were reduced from 38euro to 10 and we bought 2 boxes which is 2 months supply. Wish I had bought 10 boxes but i only had 20 euro on me at the time and the next day they were sold out. Anyone else grab some of these?

I dont want to sound selfish because i couldnt be more excited about meeting my baby but honestly - i really am looking forward to having my body back.

I cant sleep at all. No position is comfortable. My ribs are killing me on one side and my hip is at me on the other side and I cant sleep on my back anymore. Plus - Lastnight I got up to pee 6+ times after i went to bed! Couple the lack of sleep with the fact that i cant tie my own shoelaces properly, can barely shave my own legs and god help me if i drop my biro in work! Plus I can barely breathe! I work on the top floor of a three storey buildng with no lifts and honestly it takes me about 15 minutes to reegain my breath in the morning. I feel like an 80 year old lady!

I was a size 10-12 pre pregnancy and i am bloody huge now!! My bump is enormous. I have 10 weeks to go and i look like i could pop any day. I actually feel self concious telling ppl im not due until december 5th because im full sure they are assuming im nearly full term! I was SOOOOO scared about the whole birth process at the beginning but to be honest - i am looking forward to the waters breaking now!

Man Fima that was some deal on the pregncare, it's one of those necessary costs that have added up all the same.

Closifer, I'm having the exact opposite problem to you in that I can't stop sleeping the last week. Don't feel any benefit for it as as soon as I wake up I nearly want to go back to sleep. I've so much to do this week and my brain keeps going through the to do list but the body will just not play ball.

Got a bit emotional in my yoga class as she was talking about the birth plan and everyone was talking about their birth partners. I don't have one and I am generally fine with this but just felt so alone.

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Man Fima that was some deal on the pregncare, it's one of those necessary costs that have added up all the same.

Closifer, I'm having the exact opposite problem to you in that I can't stop sleeping the last week. Don't feel any benefit for it as as soon as I wake up I nearly want to go back to sleep. I've so much to do this week and my brain keeps going through the to do list but the body will just not play ball.

Got a bit emotional in my yoga class as she was talking about the birth plan and everyone was talking about their birth partners. I don't have one and I am generally fine with this but just felt so alone.

sweet_pea i am exhausted too and napping a lot - just cant seem to get more than an hour quality sleep at a time.

Re the birthing partner - are you going to have a family member come in with you or would you prefer to go it alone? To be honest - you wont be at all alone anyway - there will be midwives and after just a few hours work - you will have your baby with you :)

closifer wrote: »
    you wont be at all alone anyway - there will be midwives and after just a few hours work - you will have your baby with you :)

Will be by myself but the above is what I keep in my head. It's just the hormones really I'd say. Wouldn't mind sharing some of the decision making esp as my brain is mush as the moment.

Absolutely starving tonight, anyone have any cravings? I've not had cravings as much as I've really gone off certain foods.

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Will be by myself but the above is what I keep in my head. It's just the hormones really I'd say. Wouldn't mind sharing some of the decision making esp as my brain is mush as the moment.

Absolutely starving tonight, anyone have any cravings? I've not had cravings as much as I've really gone off certain foods.

Im sure it is hard going making the calls by yourself - if it helps at all - i heard a stat on the radio last week saying that 65% + of couples who are together question every element of their relationship during the first year of their first babies life!

In terms of cravings, i am definitely gravitating toward carbs and fruit juices but i think i like you am suffering from food aversions more than cravings. Red meat grossing me out some days, chicken other days. mainly i just want toast, custard creams and tropicana :) Also, i pretty much want to eat ALL of the time!!

God its going to be SO hard to start the diet after baby comes! I havent exactly denied myself much over the last 2-3 months. At least come january - the whole country will be on a health kick so it might be easier to follow suit!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, fruit juice. That probably is my only craving, could drink it all day long if I don't restrict it. I always would've drank a lot of water but it just doesn't seem to be quenching the thirst these days.

I got a great bargain in tesco 2 weeks ago. the boxes of 196 cheeky bots nappies were reduced from 38euro to 10 and we bought 2 boxes which is 2 months supply. Wish I had bought 10 boxes but i only had 20 euro on me at the time and the next day they were sold out. Anyone else grab some of these?
    We got some too...actually we got LOADS of them! four boxes of the size 2 and four boxes of the size 3. We're having twins as you know, and have been told to plan for 120 or so nappies a week. So that's about 6 weeks of the size 2 and 4 weeks of the size 3. I have heard good reviews on them as far as nappies go!
    I cant sleep at all. No position is comfortable. My ribs are killing me on one side and my hip is at me on the other side and I cant sleep on my back anymore. Plus - Lastnight I got up to pee 6+ times after i went to bed! Couple the lack of sleep with the fact that i cant tie my own shoelaces properly, can barely shave my own legs and god help me if i drop my biro in work! Plus I can barely breathe! I work on the top floor of a three storey buildng with no lifts and honestly it takes me about 15 minutes to reegain my breath in the morning. I feel like an 80 year old lady!

I was a size 10-12 pre pregnancy and i am bloody huge now!! My bump is enormous. I have 10 weeks to go and i look like i could pop any day. I actually feel self concious telling ppl im not due until december 5th because im full sure they are assuming im nearly full term! I was SOOOOO scared about the whole birth process at the beginning but to be honest - i am looking forward to the waters breaking now!

Snap!! I can't sleep very well at night. I actually sleep better at times when I am having a nap, which is weird, but at night I can't get comfy, need to go to the loo all the time and can't get in and out of the bed. In addition to being a beached whale, and having regular sciatica flare ups, my carpal tunnel has gotten really really bad. Which means getting out of bed is a nightmare as I can't roll onto my side and use my hands to get me up. I try sleeping with the splints they gave me in the hospital, but can only manage that for a few hours. I also can't pull the sheets over me if himself starts hogging! not a big problem right now as it is nice and warm again, but I can see someone getting a serious whack in the head with my splint covered hand once the winter months kick in! :p

I'm huge too - I know I'm having twins, but people don't know that by looking at me, so they must think I'm about 36 weeks when I'm only 24. And I'm only going to get bigger and bigger I imagine. Although twins slow down their growth by week 28 or so, so hopefully the size I am in a few weeks will be mostly the size I stay. I really hope so cos I don't know how I will manage if I get much bigger.

I am starting to hit that brick wall they all told me about and looks like I will have to cut back on work. I am with my consultant in 2 weeks, so I think I will try to soldier on until then and then get a letter from her recommending a shortened week. We get sick pay in work, so at least I will have the same money as we need every penny we can save.

I am pretty organised so far - have the cots, mattresses, buggy being ordered tomorrow, house is painted and carpets cleaned, (cos I don't reckon we will ever get the time or money to do that again for at least 10 years! lol), nursery is almost ready (just need to get blinds and a light shade!), have the bumper sets for the cots and decorations for the room, a sterilizer, quite a lot of clothes from 0 months to 6 months, have already had presents of blankets and those sleeping bag things and mittens, hats and socks, and the 'wish list' is with my family for the other bits we need like the nappy bin, extra bottles, possibly a breast pump (told them not to get this until we know if it will be even needed! ;)).

We're not bothering with moses baskets as our house is quite small, and two of them in the bedroom wouldn't leave enough room to swing a cat! The nursery is right opposite our room, and you can see their cots from our bed, so they are going in there straight away from day one. When they need a sleep downstairs I will just leave them in their carry cots.

When I see it all written down I feel very accomplished and organised! But yet there are still loads of DIY jobs on my list - things that we have been meaning to do for months/years and just never had the motivation, but now that the children are arriving I want them done as we will have our hands more than full in a few months and if they don't get done now they never will! But this is more for me than for any need to do them for the children!

I know I'm only 24 weeks, but in about another 4 weeks I don't think I will be able to do much more than wash and feed myself so all the shopping and housework/DIY needs to get done now or it never will!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Excited! wrote: »
    Hi Fairie,
    Hope your headache has gone and you are feeling a bit better today, Its good your going back again on Thursday to have your bp checked again and hopefully it will be down for you. Best of luck with it and let us know how you get on?

Also want to try get the hospital bag done this week what are you guys putting in? I know you'll have a good idea Fairie coz you've been there before. A midwife friend of my husbands told me to bring ear plugs and one of those sleep cover thingys for your eyes because if you OH comes into hospital and takes the baby for awhile to have their little bonding time, you don't need to be alert so cover eyes and stick in earplugs to drown out all the other babies and get 40 winks! I will pack them because I might just need them but at the moment im thinking id be too excited to do that....but I might be too exhausted not to go for a snooze lol!

Hi excited, haven't been on in a few days. Headache went but bp is still up hasn't gone any higher but I'm in every week now between gp and hospital to get checked.
    I must start on my hospital bag soon. The eye masks and ear plugs are great I was in 6 nights before I had dd and they were def needed the snores of some women :O . high waisted underwear (I got a size bigger) were good for after the section, plastic bags to send home any washing, if anyone intends on breastfeeding front button tops/pjs are handy and a few snacks and bottles of water. Anything else I think of I'll let ye know.
    I'm exhausted today, OH's brother is staying with us for a few nights, went out last night and came back at 1.30 with friends for a little house party, great idea in a house with an 8 month old and a pregnant woman!! It took OH almost an hour to get rid of them and me another two hours to get dd back to sleep and up again at 6.30 to go to work. He better be gone bags and all by the time I get home! Think I'll get a takeaway tonight to make myself feel better :)
    Hope everyone is keeping well

Fairie wrote: »
    OH's brother is staying with us for a few nights, went out last night and came back at 1.30 with friends for a little house party, great idea in a house with an 8 month old and a pregnant woman!! It took OH almost an hour to get rid of them and me another two hours to get dd back to sleep and up again at 6.30 to go to work. He better be gone bags and all by the time I get home!

what a selfish sod!!?? some people just don't have a clue!

We got some too...actually we got LOADS of them! four boxes of the size 2 and four boxes of the size 3. We're having twins as you know, and have been told to plan for 120 or so nappies a week. So that's about 6 weeks of the size 2 and 4 weeks of the size 3. I have heard good reviews on them as far as nappies go!

We're not bothering with moses baskets as our house is quite small, and two of them in the bedroom wouldn't leave enough room to swing a cat! The nursery is right opposite our room, and you can see their cots from our bed, so they are going in there straight away from day one. When they need a sleep downstairs I will just leave them in their carry cots.

Anything between 5 and 10 nappies a day can be used so stock up girls! Places like supersavers and ganlys (hardware store with baby section) have pampers for between €12 and €16 depending on sizes. I've only used pampers and little angles from asda found both great not one leak.

We only used Moses basket as it was bought as a present but dd was in her own cot by 6 weeks. This time I'll have it for when baby is sleeping downstairs and cot at night. Dd still sleeps in our room I keep saying every night will be first night in her own room I'm just not able yet I think I'll get even less sleep when she is in her own room!

what a selfish sod!!?? some people just don't have a clue!

They really don't I wouldn't mind but he's 29 I think old enough to know better! He better stay outa my way for a while the hormones are raging ;)

Snap!! I can't sleep very well at night. I actually sleep better at times when I am having a nap, which is weird, but at night I can't get comfy, need to go to the loo all the time and can't get in and out of the bed. In addition to being a beached whale, and having regular sciatica flare ups, my carpal tunnel has gotten really really bad. Which means getting out of bed is a nightmare as I can't roll onto my side and use my hands to get me up. I try sleeping with the splints they gave me in the hospital, but can only manage that for a few hours. I also can't pull the sheets over me if himself starts hogging! not a big problem right now as it is nice and warm again, but I can see someone getting a serious whack in the head with my splint covered hand once the winter months kick in! :p

I'm huge too - I know I'm having twins, but people don't know that by looking at me, so they must think I'm about 36 weeks when I'm only 24. And I'm only going to get bigger and bigger I imagine. Although twins slow down their growth by week 28 or so, so hopefully the size I am in a few weeks will be mostly the size I stay. I really hope so cos I don't know how I will manage if I get much bigger.

I am starting to hit that brick wall they all told me about and looks like I will have to cut back on work. I am with my consultant in 2 weeks, so I think I will try to soldier on until then and then get a letter from her recommending a shortened week. We get sick pay in work, so at least I will have the same money as we need every penny we can save.

I am pretty organised so far - have the cots, mattresses, buggy being ordered tomorrow, house is painted and carpets cleaned, (cos I don't reckon we will ever get the time or money to do that again for at least 10 years! lol), nursery is almost ready (just need to get blinds and a light shade!), have the bumper sets for the cots and decorations for the room, a sterilizer, quite a lot of clothes from 0 months to 6 months, have already had presents of blankets and those sleeping bag things and mittens, hats and socks, and the 'wish list' is with my family for the other bits we need like the nappy bin, extra bottles, possibly a breast pump (told them not to get this until we know if it will be even needed! ;)).

When I see it all written down I feel very accomplished and organised! But yet there are still loads of DIY jobs on my list - things that we have been meaning to do for months/years and just never had the motivation, but now that the children are arriving I want them done as we will have our hands more than full in a few months and if they don't get done now they never will! But this is more for me than for any need to do them for the children!

I know I'm only 24 weeks, but in about another 4 weeks I don't think I will be able to do much more than wash and feed myself so all the shopping and housework/DIY needs to get done now or it never will!

Hello Lady - delighted someone else got the nappy bargain! It was insanely cheap for that quantity of nappies. Should keep us going for a couple of months!

I hit that brick wall in work going back 2 weeks also. Im going on 30 weeks now and from about 27 weeks (almost bang on when in entered the 3rd trimester) i just couldnt hack a 40 hour week. I was doing fine in the morning and by 3 o clock in the day i wasnt too much good to anyone and i was only operating at 70% capacity really so I cut back a little and now im doing 2 full days and 3 1/2 days per week for the next 5 weeks until i take maternity leave. It has made a massive difference to me i must say. Im having a nap in the afternoon and feeling much more productive when i am in work. I can only imagine how you must be feeling carrying twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hell All!

Great to see everyone is keeping well. I'm 27 weeks now and come evening time tiredness is hitting me big time!
    I put a deposit on a buggy at lunchtime-complete spur of the moment but it seemed like a great bargain. Its the Out n'About 3 wheeler Nipper with carrycot and adapters for maxi cosi car seat. Anyone got one of these?

Hi everyone,

Am back in college since today and I am exhausted already after my first day back!:-/ I am planning to do two modules and defer the last one for a few months but after today am not sure if I will be able for it in the end!:-/
    Who is having the baba in Holles st. again and what is your due date?:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Hi Excited! Oh I was reading about diabetes test there lately, what does it mean in pregnancy-do you have to watch what you eat now or how does it work? Have been eating so much choc lately it wouldn't surprise me if I have it too when they test me!! Are you feeling ok with it??

Thanks for info about cot/crib, I have to get thinking hat on!

It's mad reading how organised people are on here - I literally have not bought one things yet- I mean nothing wotsoever! At first I was so cautious in case anything happens early on and then I thought I'll start in October but I wrote a list the other day of things to get and its quite big now!!!Keep suggesting maye starting looking at prams to hubby but we are both dreading it as dont really know what we're looking for so we're putting it off- think will actually start the search soon! Heard there are a few out on the long mile road so will start there! God I'm starting to panic now!!

Had to have time off work last week as piles were so uncomfortable, got steroid cream from the docs and things seem to be less painful now- altho I have this fear of loads of them popping out during the birth-agghhh!!

Have noticed my skin breaking out a little more lately, if say it has alot to do with my chocolate consumption too tho!

Hi afternoon tea.
    How far along are you now? Yeah lots of people on here are super organised, im trying to get there coz some days are quite productive and then other days I seem to be wrecked from tipping away all day but don't seem to have achieved much. Im very almost finished putting together my hospital bag as I remember in early pregnancy they kept me in hospital overnight totally unexpected when I had some pain and my poor hubby had to head off to Tesco about midnight to buy me a nightdress and stuff so id rather be prepared that way just in case, although I have almost all stuff for baby's bag too. Got the little miniature bottles of baby oil, lotion, sudocream, vaseline etc from boots tbe other day to make it nice, handy and easy packing. Im 29 weeks on Friday so im sure ill be getting more tired from now on so voing to trh being very productive in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah the gestational diabetes is not at all nice I have to prick my finger and test bloods 7 times a day 1 hr before each of ur 3 meals 1 hr after each meal and before bed. My diet was Very good in early pregnancy but the last month or two I haven't exactly been denying myself and have been eating more chocolate than i should have been, I don't know if that's the cause or if its a generally thing as my sister also had it. It very hard to eat tbe right things and even when I do it can still not be right. Its hard to know exacty to understand it and know what to eat or not to tbe nurse who explained it all to us although she was lovely was not a dietician or diabetic nurse so was very limited in what she could tell us and we probably came out more confused.

Hope you're feeling better the piles are not fun!

Hope all you mums are feeling good :-)

Advertisement