Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi Kandr10,

The pj's and night dresses with buttons are in TKmaxx stores... Just seen them yesterday (they are priced €12.99-€22.99) and they are even nice so you may find some which makes you feel "pretty" with all the other funs of labour ;-) Am sure they will have some in Mother care or Mammas &Pappas for at least double price stating its the one purpose made for breastfeeding but final effect will be identical with the cheaper ones;-)

The cellular blankets are unfortunately not the prettiest things in the world but midwifes do recommend them for whatever reasons. I think it's because they are safe for babies coz they have holes and babies can't overheat ect. I used one only sometimes on my first baba coz he was too cold under it. You can get them in Penneys, Mother Care, Boots ect. They are all nearly the same quality. I seen them (not recently) in TKmaxx too and they were fancy and soft.. Just lovely but not cheap at all... Think around €30 but they were the only cellular blankets which were soft to touch and in lovely colours too (not just white, cream, blue or pink ):-)

Thanks for that Elle! I feel a bit better about my purchase knowing that's just what they're supposed to be like! I'm defo gonna hit tkmaxx. Years since I've worn a nightdress so was dreading looking like a granny...though I'm sure it's the least if concerns in labour :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

kandr10 wrote: »
    I'm defo gonna hit tkmaxx. Years since I've worn nightdress so was dreading looking like a granny...though I'm sure it's the least if concerns in labour :-)

I hear you... :-) That's what I meant they had few which actually looked cool (got DKNY one) :-) they are the little things they may make me feel a bit better when l the rest is under the strain of labour:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

It's all kicking off now :-)
    Fairie hope the bp is ok. Great that they're monitoring you closely and sure there's something to be said for the fact the birth will be a bit more predictable.

The nightdresses/pj tips with buttons- are they special maternity ones or can you just get them in dunnes or penneys?

I've seen people recommend cellular blankets before but the only ones I saw were in dunnes and felt really course. Does anyone know if they're necessary and where sells them? Are they more suitable as cot blankets say since they've got the little holes?

Thanks kandr10, yes it'll be nice knowing the date baby will arrive especially with another baby at home!
    I got the nightdresses/pj tops in dunnes and pennys. I did get a cute nightdress, dressing gown and slippers for the labour ward. On dd I had to walk around alot, took little strolls around hospital and down to canteen so was delighted to be dressed nicely and not in an old tshirt!! I'd recommend a long dressing gown you don't want everything on show if ur leaning over something during a contraction ;)

I got the cellular blankets in mothercare I think they were €8/10 in the sale for the large size. I use normal baby blankets the odd time aswel have them tucked under the matress so dd can't pull them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Ladies, given that everyone is talking about recent purchases - quick question? What clothes sizes are you buying?

I had been buying 0-3 months but started buying a few newborn bits the other day as I was panicking that the 0-3mths will be huge on babby in the hospital.

closifer wrote: »
    Ladies, given that everyone is talking about recent purchases - quick question? What clothes sizes are you buying?

I had been buying 0-3 months but started buying a few newborn bits the other day as I was panicking that the 0-3mths will be huge on babby in the hospital.

Hi closifer,

Good thinking :-) 0-3 months will possibly be too big for the first few weeks... My first baba was born 9lbs 2 oz and 55,5cm ... Next size 0-3 was massive on him!:-) so I also bought the new born size (only few bits and pieces):-)

• Advertisement

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi closifer,

Good thinking :-) 0-3 months will possibly be too big for the first few weeks... My first baba was born 9lbs 2 oz and 55,5cm ... Next size 0-3 was massive on him!:-) so I also bought the new born size (only few bits and pieces):-)

Thanks a million for the advice! Tesco ad Next do an up to 1 month range that seems to fit babies up to 10lbs. Do yo think that might be a runner?

Some of the NB stuff seems to just fit up to 8lbs and at my 3d scan the sonographer said the baby was quite big so far! I just hate the idea of buying clothes that may never fit!

Thanks a million for the advice! Tesco ad Next do an up to 1 month range that seems to fit babies up to 10lbs. Do yo think that might be a runner?

Some of the NB stuff seems to just fit up to 8lbs and at my 3d scan the sonographer said the baby was quite big so far! I just hate the idea of buying clothes that may never fit!

As far as I can remember it was size "up to 1 month" from Next I used in the hospital with my first one but he was a big new born;-) It was just right for him so that's the size I will go with this time around too:-) Friend of mine gave me 4 vests and 2 baby grows from Next marked "first size" and it just looks tiny so am not sure if I will be able to use it since by all scans it looks like this little guy is gonna be big baba too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Hi closifer,
    I have about 6 vests and babygros up to one month size and the rest in 0-3 months they don't usually be too long in the first size. It can be easier dressing them in the 0-3 months most babies seem to hate being dressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

I felt guilty too thinking god should I have exercised more etc but its caused by hormones and in my case at least diet wasn't enough to control it. Guilt definitely subsides so hopefully you'll feel better about the whole thing esp when you go to appoinent on tues.

Some of the things I was advised were basically to stick to 30g of carb for breakfast and include a protein. So that'd be say 2slices of whole meal toast and either an egg or some cheese on top or cereal with milk. We were told that all bran, porridge made on water or shreddies are best cos they don't raise sugars as much as others. Your milk also counts towards carb count apparently(was news to me!). I was advised not to eat fruit in morning but to eat it throughout the day and to avoid fruit juice completely.
    It was only the breakfast she was so specific about because blood sugars are naturally raised in the morning and you get a surge of hormone too so you've to be careful about not raising them too much with food. Other than that, she just said to have a snack between meals and try include a protein with it so say a yogurt, fruit and cheese, cheese and cracker. For other meals she said about a third a plate of carb, a third protein and the rest in veg. I've not been weighing anything other than breakfast. I feel as though I didn't have to make major changes as a result. I Cut out sweets and choc of course but I was also told I could have a plain biscuit from time to time which is nice :-) just thought I'd share so you could compare to what you were told. I think generally the advice I was given was less specific than you though.

As regards extra scans, they booked me in for one at 34 weeks and they'll be keeping a close watch after that. It's all good though- I guess we get a few extra cheeky looks at our babies before they make their appearances :-) what's your due date?

Hi Kandr10,

Thanks again for that, i hadnt realised that bloods naturally rise during the night. Its breakfast that im really going to try hard on, although my bloods are raised slightly before and after almost all meals its mostly by a very small amount (eg when it should be 7 its 7.4) but breakfast seems to be the hardest one to get anyway close to target. ive tried bran flakes, porridge on water and on milk but i think im just going to have to try less carb in particular at that meal im going to try, a turkey rasher, boiled egg and 0ne slice of low gi whole grain this morning maybe with a grilled tomato, hopefully that will help somehow.

Its only when i rang up the other day when things just werent working for me that they got a little more specfic over the phone although it was quite disheartning as she seemed to change her mind about whet foods they told me to have the first day.

Im kindof dreading the appt on tuesday :( wish i had a bit more time to try get it under control but i guess im 30 weeks on friday so not a huge amount of time left and have to do whats best for baby. How are you getting on with insulin and how many times a day do you do injection??

I am really excited about having an extra scan though :) cant wait to see baby again! im eager to see what size baby measures up to at the moment, hopefully not too much bigger than he/she is supposed to be. Also its not necessarily a bad thing if they tend not to let you go over your edd? I have 2 dates at the min the 12th and 16th of dec so i guess that means they induce you...i know nothing about being induced...but ill wait until tuesday and ask when do they decide if they wont let us go over edd coz of gd etc.

Thanks again Kandr10 :)

Mil83 wrote: »
    Hi excited

It is hard to get your head around it and get your bloods right at the beginning but you will get there trust me. And don't for one second think you have done anything wrong to bring this on it wasn't from eating too much choc or anything like that it's just something that happens and it will go when baby comes :)

Just with the fruit stay away from bananas grapes and strawberries because the are naturally high in sugar and will put your sugars up. With the porridge are you making it with all milk? If you are try with half milk half water or just all water if you can stomach it. Even try weetabix for brekkie or maybe egg on toast coz you need to get some protein in with every meal it will help keep your bloods balanced. Have they put you on any medication? If they haven't they might do at your next app and that will help greatly in getting them down. If you are eating bread stay away from white bread or whole meal coz it will put your sugars up quicker than a bar of choc!! Stick with whole grain or granary it's slow releasing so won't put them up. If you are still not getting your sugars down try doing a 10-15 min walk after each meal if its possible that will take them down as well.

I hope some of this helps and if you have any more questions ask away. You will get there :)

Hi Mil83,

Thanks for the reassurance and advice, it is a great help :)

I have tried the porridge with both milk and water buty it doesnt seem to help, ive cut out bananas altogether now just wish i had'nt been having them for over a week before midwife told me they were high in glucose but anyway im not getting really ant fruit now so im going to try blueberries with yougort and nuts for a snack and try the protein based breakfast and hopefully that will help somewhat. Im using a lo gi wholegrain bread from aldi so hopefully that one is ok

I didnt realise the exercise helps so much getting the bloods down, i wish i had a bit more time try try incorporate the excercise in after each meal. i wont get to befor emy appt tuesday though as im working a 24hr shift simnce yesterday and will only finish after lunch today then i have a2hr drive home, but i can do it after dinner tonight and try, im working another 24hr shift from mon lunch time and going straight from there to my appt tues....i should have been doing more exercise and maybe it would have helped, but i have siatica for the last couple of weeks that is killing me at times but thats not an excuse and im going to make sure to get a walk in where i can at all.

Thanks again for you kind words and advice its greatly appreciated :)

Fairie wrote: »
    Hi excited, I found the button tops very handy for breastfeeding, made it a bit more discreet and a little blanket to put over when we had visitors. Hospital bag is on my list of things to do next weekend anything else I think of I'll let you know. I had an extra bag packed last time which I needed in the end so good idea to have a few extra clothes and other essentials for mammy and baby somewhere daddy can find them easily!

OH's brother was very sorry for his antics he had house cleaned, dinner made, a mini hamper of chocolate, icecream and crisps (he knows the way to a pregnant hormonal woman's heart) And he's staying at his parents house now so all is forgiven!

I'm 29 weeks now, bp is still very high gp sent me over to hospital yesterday for a quick check. Bp has to be checked every week alternating between hospital and gp, I'll def be having a section no date yet I won't be let go past 39 weeks but it'll probably be before that. I've an appointment with my consultant in two weeks everything will be arranged then.

Hope all is good with you and everything is ok with the gd?

Hi fairie,

Hmmm thats a good idea about having a second little bag packed of essentials incase its needed because my poor hubby with the best of intentions wouldnt be the best at locating everything so im def going to do that.

Thats good that they are keepng such as close eye on the bp for you, We are both 29 weeks now..getting exciting now isnt it ?! Did you have a section first time too? At least when you see your consultant in 2 weeks you will have all your arrangements made and know what you are doing and when, that will really help you be all prepared for the date and everything.

Awww your poor brother in law, sure we all have our moments but he really seems sorry!! He sounds like a nice guy and knows exactly how to get back into the good books....well all would be forgotten if he was my brother in law anyway with that gesture!!!

Im on the hunt now for the nighties with the buttons in the front to help with breast feeding, ill have a look in tkmaxx coz i want to make sure i get one thats plenty big, as in pennys and dunnes i think they only go up to like an 18 and im wearing the 18 pennys and dunnes pj's now anyway so i should probably get ones that are bigger again to make sure.

How are you and everyone feeling now regarding working etc??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Wow excited! 24 hr shifts!! I feel for you that must be hard going. God dont beat yourself up about exercise when thats your working day. If your just a little over 7 don't worry. I'm on the insulin 4 times a day and I'm never that close to target. I'm assuming they'll tinker with doseage and stuff to help me correct it. (As I feel I can't change much more diet wise). Fruit is great as a snack there's just some like bananas, melon, grapes, mango that raise blood sugars more than others. Think you're still safe to have one of those a day but just not for brekkie. Your breakfast idea sounds delish btw. Off to copy your idea now :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Excited, I was told not to walk on my sciatica as it just aggravates it. Went for a 'relaxing' country walk yesterday (with 3 boys, 6,7 and 8) and ended up in agony and having to wait while the men went and got the car, then in agony all night. Was so upset as have been managing it fairly well up to now with the gym ball, stretches and swimming.

Anyone that's interested, I just saw the AngelCare sound & movement monitor in Smyths toys for €89.99. Is €100 in Mothercare. On the way back to buy it now.

I have my little babies room all ready, even though it will be in my room for first few months I have everything set up and keep going in for a look, opening the wardrobe and rearranging everything. It makes me so happy!

Wow excited! 24 hr shifts!! I feel for you that must be hard going. God dont beat yourself up about exercise when thats your working day. If your just a little over 7 don't worry. I'm on the insulin 4 times a day and I'm never that close to target. I'm assuming they'll tinker with doseage and stuff to help me correct it. (As I feel I can't change much more diet wise). Fruit is great as a snack there's just some like bananas, melon, grapes, mango that raise blood sugars more than others. Think you're still safe to have one of those a day but just not for brekkie. Your breakfast idea sounds delish btw. Off to copy your idea now :-)

Yeah it can be a pain alright as shifts are very long and quite physical and o your feet for most of the time. I dont think im going to be able to work right up yo maternity leave in early dec my dr is not too happy with working conditions so im trying th o make it up they to end of oct and then I think ill go ahead and let him sign me off then.

Yeah breakfast was nice bloods still 9 after it so im going to have to try fiddle with it a bit, but yeah im the same as you in that I feel I cant really do any more diet wise, think ill try some blueberries, walnut and yogurt for a snack too. Coz I need to get some fruit in

Toom the advice that was on here and bought some of the "up to one month" babygros ans vests today in Tesco there was 20% off clothes. I didnt buy many though only about 6 babygros and 10 vests

fima wrote: »
    Excited, I was told not to walk on my sciatica as it just aggravates it. Went for a 'relaxing' country walk yesterday (with 3 boys, 6,7 and 8) and ended up in agony and having to wait while the men went and got the car, then in agony all night. Was so upset as have been managing it fairly well up to now with the gym ball, stretches and swimming.

Anyone that's interested, I just saw the AngelCare sound & movement monitor in Smyths toys for €89.99. Is €100 in Mothercare. On the way back to buy it now.

I have my little babies room all ready, even though it will be in my room for first few months I have everything set up and keep going in for a look, opening the wardrobe and rearranging everything. It makes me so happy!

Hi filma,
    You are so organised, well done you. I have our bedroom set up for baby but dont think ill get around t o baby's room well after baby is home.

Yeah I know its really hard to know what ghe right thing is to do with the sciatica, sometimes I find it so hard to even get through the shift In work its so painfum, when I lift my left leg lately to get into car or anything its agony. Im hoping my yoga classes will be starting up again soon, teacher was out after first lot of 6 weeks for a minor op, where did u get ur big gym ball I need to get one bbecause your right they are very good :-)

Fairie wrote: »
    Hi closifer,
    I have about 6 vests and babygros up to one month size and the rest in 0-3 months they don't usually be too long in the first size. It can be easier dressing them in the 0-3 months most babies seem to hate being dressed!

Thanks for the advice! Im really trying to get my hospital bags together at the moment and the more I pack - the more i feel i need to get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Excited, I was told not to walk on my sciatica as it just aggravates it. Went for a 'relaxing' country walk yesterday (with 3 boys, 6,7 and 8) and ended up in agony and having to wait while the men went and got the car, then in agony all night.
    Excited! wrote: »
    Hi filma,
    Yeah I know its really hard to know what ghe right thing is to do with the sciatica, sometimes I find it so hard to even get through the shift In work its so painfum, when I lift my left leg lately to get into car or anything its agony. Im hoping my yoga classes will be starting up again soon, teacher was out after first lot of 6 weeks for a minor op, where did u get ur big gym ball I need to get one bbecause your right they are very good :-)

As a long time sufferer of sciatica, believe me, you need to walk/exercise when it flares, not rest or lie down. You just need to be careful to wear supportive shoes and walk on an even surface at a steady pace. Walking in the country probably wouldn't be ideal!

The sharp pain down your leg is caused by spasms which pinch the nerve. Not moving will only exaccerbate the spasm, but a 5 or 10 min walk on a proper path in decent runners would help. You need to get the joint mobile and moving to reduce the inflammation and open the joint and relieve the pinch on the nerve. Before walking a few stretches to loosen the joint would be good idea. Also, despite it being painful, try not to over compensate on your 'good' leg to take the weight, as this actually makes things worse. Yoga breathing to get you through the initial 'jolt' of pain when you start moving is good too - because you know it's going to hurt you tend to flinch and tense up, but really you need to relax as much as possible, and I find the yoga breathing really helps me do that.

had my growth scan today! baby is weighing in at 4lbs 4 at 31 weeks so likely on track for a 9lb+ baby if he gains roughly 1/2 lb a week between now and 40 weeks!

god knows how much I will weigh at birth! I gave up on the scales about 10 days ago. I had put on 2 stone at that stage which was what i had hoped i would put on in total!! More likely to be closer to 3stone now but as there is nothing i can do - im going to stop worrying and enjoy the license to be fat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi All, hope everyone has been doing well. Just a quick question, I'm having my bloods done tomorrow morning for gestational diabetes. Do I go in fasting? I don't gave a specific appointment time - all I was told was the clinic (I'm attending Holles street) opens at 8 and to come in and they'll fit me in. Any advice appreciated. Thanks xx

Hi All, hope everyone has been doing well. Just a quick question, I'm having my bloods done tomorrow morning for gestational diabetes. Do I go in fasting? I don't gave a specific appointment time - all I was told was the clinic (I'm attending Holles street) opens at 8 and to come in and they'll fit me in. Any advice appreciated. Thanks xx

Hiya,

Yep really all bloods should be done going in fasting if you want to be sure the result is correct:-) They will take the bloods asap after your arrival just let them know you are fasting ;-)
    Hope all is well with you and the baba. X

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Hi All

Just a quick question, I know a few people on here have mentioned babyaccessoriesireland.ie and I am about to order a cot from here and just wanted to check was everything kosher with this site! Tried calling them there to pay for my order and they didn't answer saying the company name and it felt a bit dodge, I'm sure it's not but wanted to check if anyone has actually ordered from this company....thanks so much!!

• Advertisement

I bought mine online - from Ireland, but via the web. They were delivered within a few days and each one cost me €89 for the cot and €40 for the mattress (I could have got cheaper mattresses for €20 but I liked the idea of the coconut anti-allergy ones). I wanted drop sided cots, and not everywhere does them - ikea's cots aren't drop sided, but they are only about €70 so if you don't want a drop sided one they are really affordable.

http://babyaccessoriesireland.com/

eurobaby also can be bought online with free delivery as do mothercare. They have one for €79 excl mattress.

Hi Hello Lady - just found your post here, did you find everyrhing ok with this site? just wanted to check before ordering cot from here! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi all,
    I've been stalking this thread for a long time and decided to bite the bullet and join. I am due a baby Dec 18 (which happens to be my own birthday).

We went through a horrific experience in Nov 11 with a birth that went completely pear-shaped and resulted in us losing a perfect little girl. I won't go into detail, but it was obviously a very dark time for us.
    One very early miscarriage occured some months later - which we chose not to dwell too much on - it was very early and couldn't be helped.

Roll on April 2013 and we discovered we are expecting again. Now 29 weeks today and doing great.:)

I don't want to panic any of you about the birth - what happened to us was completely 'out there' in terms of probability and the whole thing is still under investigation.

This time I am opting for a planned c-section in a different hospital. (I am not in Ireland by the way).

So we are at the stage now where we are both getting excited and looking forward to the newcomer.
    Needless to say, I don't need to buy much this time round as I have pretty much everything still in new condition from last time - am just missing a baby carrier. I will admit though that I am afraid to pack my hospital bag because of bad memories - so we have agreed that we will buy a brand new bag for it, which should make it easier.

Despite what happened to us in Nov 11, I still really love the Christmas season - always have - and this year we look forward to a new beginning!

PS. I should add that we chose not to find out the sex, so we have that to look forward to aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Wow Cunning, that's a horrific past experience. Welcome to the thread, I really hope everything goes calmly for you.

I went to a intro to breastfeeding talk last night by Cuidiu. Would definitely recommend them for anyone with questions/worries. I was a bit worried they would be a bit militant but they were really lovely and very relaxed. Also, led me to watch a thing called The breast crawl on youtube, amazing to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hi Hello Lady - just found your post here, did you find everyrhing ok with this site? just wanted to check before ordering cot from here! Thanks :)

I've bought my travel system from these guys and I couldn't fault them!

Congratulations & Welcome Cunning :)
    I am sorry for your past experience, I was deeply upset by it when I read it last night and you have been on my mind since. Hoping for a lovely time for you, your partner and your new baba this christmas.

Hello lady , thans for the sciatica advice! It's such a pain (literally) and I am really struggling to walk this week. The physio in the maternity told me not to bother walking on it when it hurts so I'm conflicted! I do find that stretching and gym ball really helps so I will try a short walk next time I seize up. Are you having your babies in Limerick? There was a lady expecting twins in the breast feeding workshop I attended this morning and I wondered if she was you!

Excited - I got my gym ball in Argos for like €12/13. Its a Davina McCall one but don't let that put you off!

Hope everyones well! I am definitely going to do a due date list soon, I dont have proper internet access at the moment so I will do it this weekend when I get a chance to sit down at a computer for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Is there seriously a need for breastfeeding classes or seminars? I don't mean it as a cheeky question but I would have thought it should come fairly naturally, no? Am afraid I am missing out on something now, as I havn't been to a class like that..
    Those of you who have breastfed in the past - did you go to classes and how helpful were they?

Is there seriously a need for breastfeeding classes or seminars? I don't mean it as a cheeky question but I would have thought it should come fairly naturally, no? Am afraid I am missing out on something now, as I havn't been to a class like that..
    Those of you who have breastfed in the past - did you go to classes and how helpful were they?

I have'nt breastfed as I'm a first timer (bit weird if i had) however I really think classes or workshops are vital. There's so much more to it than sticking baby on and letting it happen. That only works for a tiny percentage of first timers! I went this morning with my friend who is due her second baby in 3 weeks however she felt like she had "failed" breastfeeding No 1 so came along this morning to prepare herself more. There's loads of advice about latching, supply, reasons why it may not work straight away and so on. The breastfeeding rates in Ireland are fairly crap so I think the more of these classes the better! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I originally bought my cots there, but then there was a problem and they never got their delivery, so they couldn't get me the cots I wanted. I still got my matresses from them though - very prompt service and they rang me immediately about the problem with the cots, and refunded the money without delay and were very nice to deal with.
    Are you having your babies in Limerick? There was a lady expecting twins in the breast feeding workshop I attended this morning and I wondered if she was you!

No I'm a jackeen! lol Attending the rotunda.

I originally bought my cots there, but then there was a problem and they never got their delivery, so they couldn't get me the cots I wanted. I still got my matresses from them though - very prompt service and they rang me immediately about the problem with the cots, and refunded the money without delay and were very nice to deal with.

lainycool wrote: »
    I've bought my travel system from these guys and I couldn't fault them!

Thanks ladies - I'll put my order through today then :) Just getting the cot and matress from them, had a look around and it seems good value on the site. I got my travel system on Saturday - first baby purchase made yey! Myself and OH were dreading it as we imagined not being able to decide and it taking ages, I did a bit of research and wanted to look at the Uppababy and the Icandy but in the shop I loved the Uppababy and didnt bother looking at other ones so we just went with that and got the sale price a few days before the sale in Eurobaby - they were so helpful and friendly in the Long Mile Road branch it really helped. Now I have opened the baby floodgates I have started to make other purchases - basic clothing items, next is baby products like cotton wool and nappies - working my way down the list! Been thinking about packing my hospital bag also, seems a little early at nearly 29 weeks but hey!

Cunning Stunt - I am so sorry to hear about your horrific experience with your previous pregnancy, I am glad things are going well for you now. Welcome to the thread also!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Cunning, I'm not a big one for all the different classes you can go to but I felt a needed to touch base with someone over the breastfeeding. It does appear to have a big fail rate and as it's something I feel strongly about, I wanted to have some extra info.

As natural as it is, it's not something I want to have problems with straight after giving birth. If the latch isn't right it can all go horribly wrong, including pain and infections.

That said I'm happy enough with just the talk I went to for now, I may attend the breastfeeding meetings after the big event if any issues arise.

Beginning to think the boy knows he's a Christmas baby, have had a weird graw for fruit cake all day. Also, just realized that I'd better get my Christmas shopping done sooner this year, I love Christmas but hate having anything to do with it before December starts. Might have to give in this year.

Advertisement