Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Cunning, I'm not a big one for all the different classes you can go to but I felt a needed to touch base with someone over the breastfeeding. It does appear to have a big fail rate and as it's something I feel strongly about, I wanted to have some extra info.

As natural as it is, it's not something I want to have problems with straight after giving birth. If the latch isn't right it can all go horribly wrong, including pain and infections.

That said I'm happy enough with just the talk I went to for now, I may attend the breastfeeding meetings after the big event if any issues arise.

Beginning to think the boy knows he's a Christmas baby, have had a weird graw for fruit cake all day. Also, just realized that I'd better get my Christmas shopping done sooner this year, I love Christmas but hate having anything to do with it before December starts. Might have to give in this year.

Sweet_pea, I too am planning on being ridiculously organised for xmas this year! the baby is due on december 5th so im not sure how much shopping ill feel like doing that month. If I were to go over a week or so - he woudlnt be here until the 12th and then by the time i get out of the hospital and adjust to the new little one - im not sure ill feel like hotting the shops!

Re the fruit cake - at least with halloween coming up you can indulge in lots of brack !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Yeah I'm due the end of December so even if I go to term I don't think I'll be wanting to waddle through Christmas crowds. Although, I've a tradition of going into town(dublin) on Christmas eve for a drink and to soak up the festivities so hoping I can still make that.

I made a date and walnut cake the other day that I've been quietly demolishing to myself since. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Right Pregnant ladies, I threatened it and here it is, the list!
    I couldn't find everyone's due dates so if you're not down pm me or post it and I will edit the post. Also some have a few different dates down so I'm going with the most recent one I've found. Still really hoping for someone to join that's due on the 1st dec ....

March11 1st
    Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Fairie 15th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Kidcummins
    Therealgirl
    Sweetpea

Now! I really hope I haven't left anybody out or gotten a date wrong, if i have please blame my rampant baby brain. The ladies at the end I haven't been able to find your dates, Hello Lady I know you're not sure yet with your girls.
    Any mistakes/corrections needed please advise.
    Hope everyone's keeping well , found a post way back where I said "only 28 more Sundays" .... Now I'm 8 more Sundays!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi all,

I had a consultation at the hospital today regarding my wish for a planned c-section.
    Planned c-sections are normally done in advance of the due date, to avoid the mother going into labor on her own accord, and this particular hospital normally schedules them for one week before due date.

With my original due date being the 18th, I now have a c-section date for 11.12.13 - what a cool date, eh? :)

It feels so real now!
    I also had a scan and they reckon the baby is approx 3 and a half pounds now, which they said is right on target. Good strong heartbeat and very active too!

Sorry for messing up your list Fima - I should have posted earlier!

Ah Jaysus! After all my work!! :)

That must be a relief for you Cunning. It is a cool date alright. Where will you be having your baby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Mil83

fima wrote: »
    I couldn't find everyone's due dates so if you're not down pm me or post it and I will edit the post. Also some have a few different dates down so I'm going with the most recent one I've found. Still really hoping for someone to join that's due on the 1st dec ....

Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Mil83 10th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Fairie
    Hello Lady
    Kidcummins
    Therealgirl
    Sweetpea

Now! I really hope I haven't left anybody out or gotten a date wrong, if i have please blame my rampant baby brain. The ladies at the end I haven't been able to find your dates, Hello Lady I know you're not sure yet with your girls.
    Hope everyone's keeping well , found a post way back where I said "only 28 more Sundays" .... Now I'm 8 more Sundays!

Hey Fima

Sorry for being a pain but I'm due the 6th :) it was originally the 10th by my own dates but scans keeps showing the 6th so I'm not complaining :)

Mil83 wrote: »
    Hey Fima

Sorry for being a pain but I'm due the 6th :) it was originally the 10th by my own dates but scans keeps showing the 6th so I'm not complaining :)

Fixed!
    I cant wait to see who goes first ...

That must be a relief for you Cunning. It is a cool date alright. Where will you be having your baby?

The baby will be born here in Denmark, where my OH is from. We are living here 5 yrs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Fairie
    Hello Lady
    Kidcummins
    Therealgirl
    Sweetpea

This is great thanks fima. My due date is the 15th :)
    Wow you've only 8 Sunday's left how quick have the last 20 weeks gone!
    Hope all the mama's are keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hey fima! Seems dec ladies are an undecided bunch! I've been adjusted back by almost a week to nov 29th so not even really a dec lady anymore! I feel like I recognise more usernames on here though :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

My due date is 1st Dec! Have been dipping in and out of this thread all along. I already have a little girl who is 15 months in a few days time. :-) Am 32 weeks today.

Yay!! Delighted :) Welcome & Congratulations March11. I will add you in later when I'm at a computer. Hope all is going well for you :)
    Kandr10 we'll keep you as one of us anyway, if you go in Nov it's just a bonus you'll get your little baby first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Yay!! Delighted :) Welcome & Congratulations March11. I will add you in later when I'm at a computer. Hope all is going well for you :)
    Kandr10 we'll keep you as one of us anyway, if you go in Nov it's just a bonus you'll get your little baby first.

Lol :-) thanks!

Wuhoo I've a D Day snap! I'm due the the 29th but the doc just said there last week that I might be measuring a week ahead. I'm gonna wait to to see what the midwife says as the Doc wasn't sure if it was just a long baby, myself and the father are both tall so would stand to reason for having a lanky boy!

Was just thinking at the start of the week that I couldn't feel him moving around too much of late until last night...started kicking and sloshing about at about 9pm and has only just calmed down. Didn't manage much sleep due to this impromptu party in my uterus!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I'm scheduled for a planned c-section on 27th December, provided babies don't make an appearance of their own accord before that!

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Was just thinking at the start of the week that I couldn't feel him moving around too much of late until last night...started kicking and sloshing about at about 9pm and has only just calmed down. Didn't manage much sleep due to this impromptu party in my uterus!

LOL, that always happens to me - whenever I am thinking that there hasn't been much movement, the kicks always come back with a vengeance and I get the belly kicked out of me for the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hey everyone, hope ye are all doing well. Its been a mental few weeks so only getting to check in properly now. To summarise:
    * Had spotting at 20W + 6D (had mini scan done all was fine - just one of those things)
    * Had anomaly scan at 21W (some of the long bones were measuring short of dates so was referred back for growth scan with consultant)
    * Went for growth scan at 23W (things were starting to catch up but they said they'd keep an eye on things)
    * Had spotting again at 27W + 3D (had mini scan done and again all is fine - just one of those things but if it happens again they'll admit me :-(
    * Had test for gestational diabetes done on Thursday and my sugars are a bit high so I have to back on Wednesday for my glucose tolerance testing
    * Had growth scan at 28W and all is fine. They are delighted with Bubs progress and unless I'm referred by the midwife I won't have to go back to the consultant again. Woohoo.

Sorry about the long winded post xx

Hey everyone, hope ye are all doing well. Its been a mental few weeks so only getting to check in properly now. To summarise:
    * Had spotting at 20W + 6D (had mini scan done all was fine - just one of those things)
    * Had anomaly scan at 21W (some of the long bones were measuring short of dates so was referred back for growth scan with consultant)
    * Went for growth scan at 23W (things were starting to catch up but they said they'd keep an eye on things)
    * Had spotting again at 27W + 3D (had mini scan done and again all is fine - just one of those things but if it happens again they'll admit me :-(
    * Had test for gestational diabetes done on Thursday and my sugars are a bit high so I have to back on Wednesday for my glucose tolerance testing
    * Had growth scan at 28W and all is fine. They are delighted with Bubs progress and unless I'm referred by the midwife I won't have to go back to the consultant again. Woohoo.

Sorry about the long winded post xx

Hi always number 1, you have had a busy few weeks, glad everything is good with baby :)

I've my appointment with consultant in a few minutes I thought it was Thursday luckily I checked letter last night for the time! I'll have date for my section very soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi girls,

hope all of you are doing well! :-) Just got an update on few things so want to share...
    Even though I am expecting my second baba I was getting a bit confused reading posts here on the boards...
    I was not really sure what is ''standard'' stuff we are all in title of (regardless if we are going public, semi-private or private) so I questioned my midwife in outpatient clinic in Hollest st.
    I was wondering if we are all to get the growth scan after we all got the big scan around 20 weeks of pregnancy. So I was told, the growth scan is not something every mummy would be getting.. you would be offered one of those growth scans only if your doctor or midwife were concern about the size of your baby or your bloods or urine tested positive for glucose etc. (therefore I was not offered one coz there was never any concern).
    Same thing with test for pregnancy diabetes.. only if your urine or blood tested positive they would recommend more specific testing...
    I am not sure if this is any help to any of you but I just felt maybe I am not getting what I should be (and I am semi-private patient).
    Therefore, I have decided to get another scan done around 32 weeks, just to see the baby and the progress he is making :-)I will have to pay for it €150 but it will be the big scan (same as the one I had at 20 weeks) so it will show everything I could be concerned about :-)

I am wondering is here any mummy who is expecting her second or third baby and had a C-section with the first one and is hoping to go naturally this time (or went naturally the second time around)?

I am 30 weeks now and so starting to feel like a hypo :-) I need to get organised and get my hospital bag ready... been putting it off but hoping to get it sorted on Wednesday :-)

I have a list of things they need to be done and sorted before the baby arrives and there is quite a few things on it so I am starting to feel a bit anxious but surely we will manage to get it done somehow :-)

Always Number 1, sounds like a rough few weeks :(
    Hope all goes calmly for you from here!
    Fairie hope your consultant app went well! I was with GP this morning and got flu and whooping cough vaccine. Heard my babies heartbeat again, I love it so much!
    Appoinents every 2 weeks from now and antenatal classes starting this week. It's really real now!

• Advertisement

Hey Elle13, it really just depends on the hospital. I know in Limerick they scan at 12 weeks and growth scan between 30-32 weeks as routine. Any other scans are out of the ordinary. It is different everywhere though.
    I'm the same regarding getting stuff sorted but I've just accidentally found out about my 'surprise' baby shower so I will wait until after that! I have a small suitcase as my hospital bag an am looking at it thinking I will need to swap it for my big one, what kind of bag/case are others bringing?

what kind of bag/case are others bringing?

I'm bringing a small suitcase that I use as "carry on" on aer lingus. That's based on my hope to leave the hospital early. I'm going to have a bag packed at home just in case I do have to stay a couple of days longer.

The one thing I had not thought about packing was food but based on some of the post here I'll be putting something in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Sweet_pea;I'm bringing a small suitcase that I use as "carry on" on aer lingus.

I have one of these packed also, with "my stuff", and another one for the baby and "my pillow" ready. Must remember to pack ear plugs like someone else suggested.

Hello lady:
    I too have sciatica and my baby is breeched so does this mean not only will I be having a c-section, but that I will be out for the birth of the baby??

Is anyone else still suffering from nausea? I am 31weeks on Wednesday and the nausea has never fully gone away. Between the nausea and my hormones, I think I am getting baby blues a few months early!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

Quote: Hello lady:
    I too have sciatica and my baby is breeched so does this mean not only will I be having a c-section, but that I will be out for the birth of the baby??

Is anyone else still suffering from nausea? I am 31weeks on Wednesday and the nausea has never fully gone away. Between the nausea and my hormones, I think I am getting baby blues a few months early!:([/QUOTE]

I really hope your feeling somewhat better now,
    Im sorry if its a stupid question i just know very little about c-sections, but why would you be out for the birth??

March11 1st
    Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Fairie 15th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Kidcummins
    Therealgirl
    Sweetpea

Filma you are fab!!! well done you! its so exciting to see the list like that!!

Hi all,

I had a consultation at the hospital today regarding my wish for a planned c-section.
    Planned c-sections are normally done in advance of the due date, to avoid the mother going into labor on her own accord, and this particular hospital normally schedules them for one week before due date.

With my original due date being the 18th, I now have a c-section date for 11.12.13 - what a cool date, eh? :)

It feels so real now!
    I also had a scan and they reckon the baby is approx 3 and a half pounds now, which they said is right on target. Good strong heartbeat and very active too!

Congratulations cunning, so great to have a date :) not long for you now

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

[quote="beltzar;8690836
    hallo lady:

Is anyone else still suffering from nausea? I am 3weks on Wednesday and the nausea has never fulgone away. Between the nausea and my hormones, I think I am getting baby blues a few months early!:([/quote]

Beltzar,

I did have some sciatica pains earlier in pregnancy but got massage (about 5 days in a row 10 mins each time) and it was gone until this week... It's back now so hard to sleep or turn in bed, sometimes I feel like am limping a bit :-/
    I would not be too much worried yet about the baby being breach as they can turn around as late as only few hours before labour. Try to use the gym ball and go on your 4 a lot... It apparently gives the baby more space for turning around in there;-)
    I would not think you would be out for section just because the baby is breach. I ended up having section on my first baba coz he was facial presentation and just got epudural;-)

My nausea was more less gone since 13th week but it's back now for past week or so. Doctor said it happens sometimes but told me to stop taking maternity vitamins if they contain iron.

It's all getting sooo real!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

beltzar wrote: »
    Hello lady:
    Elle13 wrote: »
    Beltzar,

I did have some sciatica pains earlier in pregnancy but got massage (about 5 days in a row 10 mins each time) and it was gone until this week... It's back now so hard to sleep or turn in bed, sometimes I feel like am limping a bit :-/
    I would not be too much worried yet about the baby being breach as they can turn around as late as only few hours before labour. Try to use the gym ball and go on your 4 a lot... It apparently gives the baby more space for turning around in there;-)
    I would not think you would be out for section just because the baby is breach. I ended up having section on my first baba coz he was facial presentation and just got epudural;-)

Hi there,
    having a breach baby increases your possibility of having a c-section. Most c-sections are conducted under a local anaesthetic (i.e an epidural). However, for some women with a history of back problems an epidural is contraindicated. It is not the drugs they give you, but the fact that they need to insert a canula into your back to administer the drugs. If you already have one of a certain list of back problems then inserting this needle is not recommended as it can cause further nerve damage. Not everyone with sciatica is prevented from having an epidural - it depends on the nature of your sciatica and if any other damage is present in the spine or nerves.

My issue is that I have a bulged disc and as a result I have damaged sciatic nerves. The problem for me is that if I have had a flare up within 10-14 days of the surgery, inserting a needle in my back carries a high risk of further irritating an already inflamed and aggrivated nerve. This can mean that after the epidural I would be in worse pain than ever and unable to walk without pain for a number of weeks. In this case, they would knock me out cold instead.

Another thing to consider if having an epidural for those of you with back problems, is that when the epidural takes effect, often you will then put your legs into positions that you would not normally be able to :D! Because you can't feel anything below the belly button you don't realise you are straining yourself. Once the epidural wears off you end up stiff as a board and sometimes in agony because your back has been in what is an unnatural position for you. So it is recommended that anyone with back problems or range of movement problems make clear notes in their birth plan as to what is the maximum limit of movement they can achieve normally. Then when you get the epidural, your birth partner can make sure that you are not exceeding what you would normally be able to do.

Not everyone with sciatica will have these considerations. Many people get sciatica only in pregnancy and it is more to do with increased pressure on the lower back and nerves (similar to carpal tunnel). However if you have sciatica prior to pregnancy along with other back issues, most likely you will either be told to avoid an epidural or told to take extra good care of your back in the run up to delivery so that you can have one.

And as Elle13 rightly says, although your baby is breach now, there is a good chance she/he will turn before delivery and there are also ways that the midwives can 'encourage' baby to move. For me, its all to do with the twin thing again! :rolleyes: So far for every scan my babies have been breach/transverse or both transverse top to tail. Because there is less room for twins to move around as gestation progresses, there is little chance of 'encouraging' the first baby to move if she is breach/transverse. Given that my two seem to be creatures of habit already and always stick to one of two positions chances are a vaginal delivery will be unlikely. So I have always been prepared for the possibility of a c-section - I just always assumed I'd be awake for it. I really don't want to be asleep for the birth, so I am going to be so so so good at looking after my back from now until d-day!

I had my consultant appointment yesterday and got date for section 5th of December, so in just over 8 weeks I'll be a mammy of two babies under one!!!
    Hope everyone is keeping well and welcome to the new mammy's to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Thanks all. Hopefully it will be plain sailing from here on in!!
    Just saw that some of you have dates for sections and stuff that must be so exciting.
    Elle13, I sent you a PM.
    Continued health and happiness to you all xx

Updated due date list:

March11 1st
    Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Kidcummins
    Therealgirl
    Sweetpea

We have 3 mammies due on the 5th!

• Advertisement

How are all the mammies?

I had an antenatal class yesterday, saw the dreaded labour ward in Limerick maternity. It was a quiet time so thankfully there was no mammies screaming/swearing the place down :)

All this talk of epidurals and sections is scaring the life out of me. I really want to do it as naturally as possible

*I am sure that statement is going to come back and bite me in the arse*

The midwife yesterday was talking about pethedine and how it helps to get some sleep but I have read that it effects milk production afterwards, has anyone else seen this? I do not want an epidural, the thought of getting a needle in my back actually makes me gag!!
    I'm half afraid most of the time to tell people that I want to do it as naturally as possible and get the hell out of the hosp as soon as possible. I have only spoken to two people who have said to go for it and encouraged me (my friend & my mammy)

Anyway, my job for today is to tackle my bedroom, clear out 3 wardrobes of clothes I never wear and make room for baby and Moses Basket. I am considering moving the cot into our room when Baby grows out of Moses Basket. I had planned on putting he/she in their own room once they could not fit in basket but it's on track to be an 8 pounder so doubt Moses Basket will do for long.
    Also washing all the curtains in the house while the weather is nice, although speaking of this weather its wrecking my head, it's too hot and I have nothing suitable to put on me, I wish it was cold and I could wrap up in huge jumpers and boots!

Advertisement