Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

March11 1st
    Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Sweet_pea 29th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Kidcummins
    Therealgirl

Just adding myself to this

fima wrote: »

The midwife yesterday was talking about pethedine and how it helps to get some sleep but I have read that it effects milk production afterwards, has anyone else seen this? I do not want an epidural, the thought of getting a needle in my back actually makes me gag!!
    I'm half afraid most of the time to tell people that I want to do it as naturally as possible and get the hell out of the hosp as soon as possible. I have only spoken to two people who have said to go for it and encouraged me (my friend & my mammy)

I've not heard anything about Pethedine affecting milk production and I'm not sure how it would to be honest. My understanding is that it can produce a sleepy baby that would may not be interested in feeding straight away but I presume once it was out of yours and the baby's system it wouldn't have any effect. It can be the same with epidural I understand, as the baby can be a bit full of fluid and so again may be less interested in feeding.

I'm also hoping for as natural a birth as possible as I too want to get out of hospital as quickly as I can. I know it's possible it won't go to plan but I also think it best to stay focused on what you want to happen and keep the negative thoughts/comments to a min. I believe having a strong mind will help in the end. Also doing as much as possible this side ie yoga, keeping fit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

How are all the mammies?

I had an antenatal class yesterday, saw the dreaded labour ward in Limerick maternity. It was a quiet time so thankfully there was no mammies screaming/swearing the place down :)

All this talk of epidurals and sections is scaring the life out of me. I really want to do it as naturally as possible

*I am sure that statement is going to come back and bite me in the arse*

The midwife yesterday was talking about pethedine and how it helps to get some sleep but I have read that it effects milk production afterwards, has anyone else seen this? I do not want an epidural, the thought of getting a needle in my back actually makes me gag!!
    I'm half afraid most of the time to tell people that I want to do it as naturally as possible and get the hell out of the hosp as soon as possible. I have only spoken to two people who have said to go for it and encouraged me (my friend & my mammy)

Anyway, my job for today is to tackle my bedroom, clear out 3 wardrobes of clothes I never wear and make room for baby and Moses Basket. I am considering moving the cot into our room when Baby grows out of Moses Basket. I had planned on putting he/she in their own room once they could not fit in basket but it's on track to be an 8 pounder so doubt Moses Basket will do for long.
    Also washing all the curtains in the house while the weather is nice, although speaking of this weather its wrecking my head, it's too hot and I have nothing suitable to put on me, I wish it was cold and I could wrap up in huge jumpers and boots!

Hi Fima,

We finished our ante natal classes in Limerick last week so we had the tour also. If you think that class is scary - wait for class number 3 where they talk IN DEPTH about labour. I honestly thought i was going to be sick especially when they mentioned things like tears - I wanted to put my hands over my ears and start humming but I dont think it would have gone down too well!

The midwives who give the classes are great though arent they?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Can't seem to quote to add myself to the due date list, but I am due the 27th anyway

Hoping the hospital will be quiet that time of year :) very busy on delivery ward on my last birth, they broke ky waters & walked away, next thing I know I am pushing alone on the room with my husband, so here's hoping for a little more midwife support this time!! :)

I recommend GentleBirth to anyone who is getting nervous, I'm finding it very helpful & am getting my head around having to go through this again so soon after my last birth (& swearing never again after my last birth!)

Am reading some informative books too on hospital/medicalised births (will post back the titles ASAP) so am confident I am better informed this time around too. And still will be well informed even if I do end up with a medicalised birth.

I am visualising starting labour at home & using the Coombe labour pool for pain relief :D

Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked about delayed cord clamping after babe is born? I am not seeing my consultant for another 3 weeks so am waiting until then to spring it on him :)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked about delayed cord clamping after babe is born? I am not seeing my consultant for another 3 weeks so am waiting until then to spring it on him :)

Yeah I'm planning on delayed cord clamping and a natural 3rd stage. I'm starting to get my ideas together for my birth plan, I'm with the domino scheme and even though I've not said anything to them yet, I'd imagine they will be supportive of this. Do you think your consultant would have an issue with this?

With regards to a busy ward...I actually just asked my midwife about this as I have no birthing partner I was concerned about being left alone. She said that once I was on the labor ward there would always be at least one midwife with me (I'll be attending Hollis street). I hope that's true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Just adding therealgirl

March11 1st
    Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Therealgirl 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Sweet_pea 29th
    Kidcummins

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    I've not heard anything about Pethedine affecting milk production and I'm not sure how it would to be honest. My understanding is that it can produce a sleepy baby that would may not be interested in feeding straight away but I presume once it was out of yours and the baby's system it wouldn't have any effect. It can be the same with epidural I understand, as the baby can be a bit full of fluid and so again may be less interested in feeding.

I'm also hoping for as natural a birth as possible as I too want to get out of hospital as quickly as I can. I know it's possible it won't go to plan but I also think it best to stay focused on what you want to happen and keep the negative thoughts/comments to a min. I believe having a strong mind will help in the end. Also doing as much as possible this side ie yoga, keeping fit etc.

Thanks Sweetpea
    You are right, I was mixed up. I am really freaked about the feeding, I just really want to do it and want it to go right, I haven't allowed myself to think that it might not work. If baby is sleepy and doesn't have 3 good feeds they won't let me out of hosp within 24 hours. I'm going to look into GentleBirth and spend next 7 weeks practicing positivity!

Closifer The Midwives are brilliant, I went to the breastfeeding workshop last week also and found the lactation consultant absolutely brilliant (Margaret) and she was hilarious as well :)

What is delayed cord clamping? The midwife explained to us in antenatal class that they wait until the cord stops pulsing then clamp, is that it? I don't know about the shot to get the placenta delivered either. So much to consider!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Just adding therealgirl

March11 1st
    Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    kidcummins 25th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Therealgirl 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Sweet_pea 29th

Hi Ladies
    Just added myself there, the month is starting to fill up, this thread is gonna go into overdrive with delivery news!!!
    Hope everyone is well!!!
    Having a pretty bad week myself no ailments all pregnancy long until last Monday heartburn for two days never had this in my life before, left again by Wednesday thankfully.
    Then being the glutton for punishment I am I went to nurse and got my flu jab and the whooping cough vaccine. A bit of advice to anyone going getting these done do it a few days apart because I haven't slept since...... Can't sleep on back or belly(obvious reasons) and she gave me one in each arm so both arms tender and swollen so no where to lie......I guess this is the lack of sleep people talk about that parenthood is gonna bring. OH THE JOYS:(

kidcummins wrote: »

Hi Ladies
    Just added myself there, the month is starting to fill up, this thread is gonna go into overdrive with delivery news!!!
    Hope everyone is well!!!
    Having a pretty bad week myself no ailments all pregnancy long until last Monday heartburn for two days never had this in my life before, left again by Wednesday thankfully.
    Then being the glutton for punishment I am I went to nurse and got my flu jab and the whooping cough vaccine. A bit of advice to anyone going getting these done do it a few days apart because I haven't slept since...... Can't sleep on back or belly(obvious reasons) and she gave me one in each arm so both arms tender and swollen so no where to lie......I guess this is the lack of sleep people talk about that parenthood is gonna bring. OH THE JOYS:(

Thanks Kidcummins :)

I was very same all week with the two vaccines, one in each arm and so tender all week like I had been punched into each arm. I had them on Monday and it was only last night that they stopped bothering me. Has made me think about how painful vaccines are for babies/children :(

Thanks Sweetpea
    You are right, I was mixed up. I am really freaked about the feeding, I just really want to do it and want it to go right, I haven't allowed myself to think that it might not work. If baby is sleepy and doesn't have 3 good feeds they won't let me out of hosp within 24 hours. I'm going to look into GentleBirth and spend next 7 weeks practicing positivity!

Closifer The Midwives are brilliant, I went to the breastfeeding workshop last week also and found the lactation consultant absolutely brilliant (Margaret) and she was hilarious as well :)

What is delayed cord clamping? The midwife explained to us in antenatal class that they wait until the cord stops pulsing then clamp, is that it? I don't know about the shot to get the placenta delivered either. So much to consider!

Here's some info on delayed cord clamping Link

It doesn't appear to be all hospital policy to wait till the cord stops pulsing so it may have to be indicated if it's what you want.

I won't be getting that shot to the deliver the placenta either (can't remember the bloody name of it today) as it appears that you may only have 15 minutes to deliver it before they will take you to surgery as opposed to an hour it you do it natural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks Sweetpea

Hi fima! I'm the same as you- really want the breast feeding to work out. If you have to stay more than 24hrs, while not ideal, it's not the end of the world though. At least if you were well established with the feeding it'd be consolation. A friend of mine was saying she was advised to stay an extra day so her milk would come in and she didn't. When she went home she ended having problems with engorged breasts and stuff so she regretted not having stayed. Just food for thought I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Same as-my sis got mastitis...not something I want to chance....

On another note, I am 31weeks pregnant and the baby has been breeched the whole way through. I have gotten used to the idea of a c section if that's what needs be.

My question is, is it possible that the baby is facing my back and kicking "in" inside of kicking "out". I feel as if all the kicks and hand movements are hitting me inside, and that the spine is against my tummy? I am living on my Swiss ball and amusing my husband doing downward facing dog but this little boxer inside ain't budging.

Thoughts as always appreciated.
    Thanks Mammies.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

On another note, I am 31weeks pregnant and the baby has been breeched the whole way through. I have gotten used to the idea of a c section if that's what needs be.

My question is, is it possible that the baby is facing my back and kicking "in" inside of kicking "out". I feel as if all the kicks and hand movements are hitting me inside, and that the spine is against my tummy? I am living on my Swiss ball and amusing my husband doing downward facing dog but this little boxer inside ain't budging.

Thanks Mammies.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

beltzar wrote: »

Thanks Mammies.

Hi beltzar,

The fact the baby is breached does not really mean anything yet so try not to stress too much:-) Firstly the baba can turn around only few hours before the labour and also not all breached babies have to be born by C section... You can go through perfect vaginal birth with breached baby... Dependes on what exact breached position the baby is and also on which hospital you are having your baby.
    The more you can do on your 4 the better chance for the little one to turn head down ;-)
    Hope all will work out for you well!
    Am 31 weeks too and morning sickness has come back for some strange reason... It's exhausting!:-/

kandr10 wrote: »
    Hi fima! I'm the same as you- really want the breast feeding to work out. If you have to stay more than 24hrs, while not ideal, it's not the end of the world though. At least if you were well established with the feeding it'd be consolation. A friend of mine was saying she was advised to stay an extra day so her milk would come in and she didn't. When she went home she ended having problems with engorged breasts and stuff so she regretted not having stayed. Just food for thought I guess!

Also if I go home early and have problems I would only be readmitted back to regional hospital and not into maternity. Definitely don't want my little baby in that place, have talked about it with my partner and reconsidered my rush to get home!

I am so tired, up all night with my friends baby who screamed my house down and wanted to play at 3,5 and 7 this morning. Was having panic attacks that this is the future! I have looked after loads of babies before and overnight but this is the first time while 32 weeks pregnant (33 tomorrow).

Have loads of respect for all you second and third time mammies!

Also if I go home early and have problems I would only be readmitted back to regional hospital and not into maternity. Definitely don't want my little baby in that place, have talked about it with my partner and reconsidered my rush to get home!

I am so tired, up all night with my friends baby who screamed my house down and wanted to play at 3,5 and 7 this morning. Was having panic attacks that this is the future! I have looked after loads of babies before and overnight but this is the first time while 32 weeks pregnant (33 tomorrow).

Fair play to you! I know - I've such admiration for those mammies doing it for the second time and more! I'm wrecked all the time and don't even have a full time job at the min!
    Just got the changing unit cleaned up and unpacked all the toiletries into it. Took the little baby gros out of their packs and into the wardrobe. Pointless really cos they'll all have to be washed and packed into the hospital bag but whatever it's cute to look at :-)
    Does anyone else take immense pleasure from a brand new pair of pyjamas? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,

I hope all the December mammies-to-be are keeping good. I'm experiencing REALLY bad pelvic pain the last few days and even finding walking very painful. Anyone else feeling this? I'm due down at clinic tomorrow and will say it to midwife but i presume it's part and parcel of pregnancy although i never experienced this in previous pregnancies.
    I bought a new crib for baby and just wondering is it too soon to put it together (I'm afraid i might jinx things). Have ye all began to assemble your items?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

carlows wrote: »
    Hi All,

I hope all the December mHopefully -to-be are keeping good. I'm experiencing REALLY bad pelvic pain the last few days and even finding walking very painful. Anyone else feeling this? I'm due down at clinic tomorrow and will say it to midwife but i presume it's part and parcel of pregnancy although i never experienced this in previous pregnancies.
    I bought a new crib for baby and just wondering is it too soon to put it together (I'm afraid i might jinx things). Have ye all began to assemble your items?

Hi Carlows,
    I was glad to read your post as I wasn't sure myself whats going on....but yeah ive had alot of pressure the last two days. Sometimes it is painful when I try walk especially but suppose overall I would describe it as alot of pressure. As this is my first pregnancy I just assumed this is normal at this stage. Ill be 32 weeks the end of this week and I know the baby's head has been down for a couple of weeks now so as I said I presumed this was the norm!

I have a hosp appt this afternoon and ill ask the midwife. hhopefully she will say its normal and that will stop me worrying coz sometimes the pressure is so much I think the baby is just going to pop out lol!!!!

Re the crib, I have assembeled mine and put it in my room coz we had to move furniture and do a good bit of rearranging to have it sorted. Got a new mattress yesterday and will start washing sheets, bumper pack this week. I just look at it like I have so much to do still I have to start these things early coz I dont want to be doing them Very late or after baby is here.

Hope your appt goes well, love to all dec mammies ;-) ♥

carlows wrote: »
    Hi All,

I hope all the December mammies-to-be are keeping good. I'm experiencing REALLY bad pelvic pain the last few days and even finding walking very painful. Anyone else feeling this? I'm due down at clinic tomorrow and will say it to midwife but i presume it's part and parcel of pregnancy although i never experienced this in previous pregnancies.

Hey carlows,
    The pain is horrible isn't it? I feel for you, I am in so much pain with pelvic girdle and sciatica. The only thing that helps me is gym ball and pelvic girdle support belt. I got the belt from the physio in the maternity and I wear it when doing housework. I couldnt wear it outside, it's an awful looking yok! I have been managing it so far but last night was in so much pain and so frustrated at never being able to get comfortable I had a little cry for myself. Then I got on gym ball, did my stretches and my partner gave me a massage. I was much more relaxed afterwards.

With the crib and everything, I have it all ready to go for weeks now :D We wont be using the cot until baby grows out of Moses basket but I have it dressed already.... will have to strip it and wash it before baby goes in!

Excited I have that pressure sometimes as well, feels like baby is going to pop out! I've been told it's normal but could you let us know what your midwife says?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Excited! wrote: »
    Re the crib, I have assembeled mine and put it in my room coz we had to move furniture and do a good bit of rearranging to have it sorted. Got a new mattress yesterday and will start washing sheets, bumper pack this week. I just look at it like I have so much to do still I have to start these things early coz I dont want to be doing them Very late or after baby is here.

We have our cots assembled too, as like Excited we had a lot of rearranging to get organised.

Regarding the bumper sets, the midwife at my antenatal class yesterday said they are not recommended until the baby is about a year old! :eek: I did not know that at all, and we bought the most gorgeous little sets with a mothercare voucher we were given! She said that because they can come untied, or baby can wiggle around there is a risk of them falling over the baby and the baby could either become overheated or suffocate. Very scary! She admitted that they do look gorgeous and you think that they make the cot more comfy, but because baby is feet to end of the cot, they are not needed until 9-12 months. She also said not to bother with duvets or fleecy blankets because again the risk of overheating is quite high, plus baby cannot kick them off as easily if they are too hot. The cellular blankets are all she recommended and said keep all the other blankets and throws for the pram/buggy.

So disappointed though - the sets we have are super cute :(

• Advertisement

That sucks hello lady but at least you'll have them for later. You'd be bored looking at them anyway and they'll get plenty of use out of them even if you don't put them on immediately.

I'm killed with the pelvic pain too. Not every day but usually in the evenings. It gets better if I move around even though walking Is excruciating at first, but then it's usually worse in the evenings when I've been more active. Did physios give any of you ladies advice on exercise with it? To walk or not to walk....

I feel I've been really lazy over past few months and haven't been getting in nearly enough exercise. At same time though, it's hard to adjust to what exercise means now...basically a slower than a pensioner walk for 30 mins before I'm absolutely wrecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Really? We were told in the Rotunda that if you have any problems within a few weeks of the birth you would be readmitted back to them? I wouldn't like to be in a general hospital either - with you on that one!

Really? We were told in the Rotunda that if you have any problems within a few weeks of the birth you would be readmitted back to them? I wouldn't like to be in a general hospital either - with you on that one!

In Limerick anyway you're sent back to the regional hosp even if only within hours of being discharged from maternity. I asked the midwife at antenatal class last week about how long we would have to stay in for and she told me. Also happened to my friend and her 4 day old last year, PHN said she had lost too much weight and referred back to hospital, maternity hospital would not admit and she ended up on a trolley overnight with her tiny baby and partner on the floor next t her. Ridiculous carry on when there are pediatricians in the maternity 24/7.

With the bumpers, you can buy bumpers that wrap around outside of cot to keep out the cold. They're not pretty like the ones that come in the packs but they're supposed to be effective enough. I was thinking though, if you are supposed to put baby to sleep with feet touching bottom of cot then how will a bumper up at the top make a difference? Once baby starts moving around I agree to get rid in case baby gets stuck between the bumper and the bars as well as danger of falling off and over the face.

Kandr10 I was told not to walk as much as possible but that's a bit silly, its fairly unavoidable! Then advice on here was to take short walks on even ground and wear good supportive shoes and I have found that helps. Gym ball and stretches are the best I find but everyone's different so you have to find what works for you.

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Yeah I'm planning on delayed cord clamping and a natural 3rd stage. I'm starting to get my ideas together for my birth plan, I'm with the domino scheme and even though I've not said anything to them yet, I'd imagine they will be supportive of this. Do you think your consultant would have an issue with this?

With regards to a busy ward...I actually just asked my midwife about this as I have no birthing partner I was concerned about being left alone. She said that once I was on the labor ward there would always be at least one midwife with me (I'll be attending Hollis street). I hope that's true!

I hope my consultant wouldn't have an issue with it...I keep getting sent to the consultants clinic due to past problems with my pregnancies, even though this pregnancy is going fine so far in comparison, and I keep telling them that all I want is to attend the midwives clinic...I feel the midwives are an easier bunch to chat to about these things, less pushy when it comes to birth plans and due dates etc.

But I am meant to meet my actual consultant in 2 weeks time (never met him before as he always had another doc cover for his absence...he is meant to be pretty chilled out, which would explain a lot!)...he is in Naas hospital....so I will put my birth plan to him then and see what he says

That's nice that the midwife reassured you that someone will always be with you during your labour...maybe the Coombe could learn a thing or two from them!!

In relation to those wondering about meds that affect milk after birth...I have been told that there are 2 different drugs they could use when managing the third stage of delivery, that injection they give you to deliver the placenta...one of them is meant to affect milk & the other one is not meant to harm supply at all...I'll have to ask him about that too (I had an awful time with my supply after my last birth, due to a lot of different reasons, but want to make sure I am off to a better start this time & hopefully someone will be looking down on us & let me successfully breastfeed one of my children!! :) )

Oh - the book I read was: "The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth" by Henci Goer
    I haven't read many other books on birth but this one I found pretty informative in relation to Cesareans, inductions, IV's, epidurals, home/hospital births, midwives & obstetricians, alternatives to high-tech births....alot of statistics which I find go way over my head, but interesting all the same

My 17 month old wakes around 3 times every night, since she was around 10 months old...Some nights I feel like crying when I climb back into bed & the newbie decides to do somersaults inside me :rolleyes:
    But you get used to it when it becomes routine & it is so much different when it's your own babe...I enjoyed every minute of laying around with my first, especially the first 6 weeks, you can go to bed when they sleep, you can lay around in your PJ's all day with him/her snuggled down your top, do everything together all day then when daddy comes home from work hand babe over & take a long bath :D

Hey carlows,
    The pain is horrible isn't it? I feel for you, I am in so much pain with pelvic girdle and sciatica. The only thing that helps me is gym ball and pelvic girdle support belt. I got the belt from the physio in the maternity and I wear it when doing housework. I couldnt wear it outside, it's an awful looking yok! I have been managing it so far but last night was in so much pain and so frustrated at never being able to get comfortable I had a little cry for myself. Then I got on gym ball, did my stretches and my partner gave me a massage. I was much more relaxed afterwards.

With the crib and everything, I have it all ready to go for weeks now :D We wont be using the cot until baby grows out of Moses basket but I have it dressed already.... will have to strip it and wash it before baby goes in!

Excited I have that pressure sometimes as well, feels like baby is going to pop out! I've been told it's normal but could you let us know what your midwife says?

Hi Filma,

Spoke to midwives today about the 'pressure' feeling and she said that although my babys head is down and all that im only 31+2d which she said is too early to be feeling that pressure really. She went through when it started and finished etc and as it started a few hours into a very busy 24hr shift that I was running around the place at times she came to the conclusion that it was happening because I was over doing it. She said this can happen. So just mind yourself if that was the case for you. She just advised me to take it easy from now on.

We have our cots assembled too, as like Excited we had a lot of rearranging to get organised.

Regarding the bumper sets, the midwife at my antenatal class yesterday said they are not recommended until the baby is about a year old! :eek: I did not know that at all, and we bought the most gorgeous little sets with a mothercare voucher we were given! She said that because they can come untied, or baby can wiggle around there is a risk of them falling over the baby and the baby could either become overheated or suffocate. Very scary! She admitted that they do look gorgeous and you think that they make the cot more comfy, but because baby is feet to end of the cot, they are not needed until 9-12 months. She also said not to bother with duvets or fleecy blankets because again the risk of overheating is quite high, plus baby cannot kick them off as easily if they are too hot. The cellular blankets are all she recommended and said keep all the other blankets and throws for the pram/buggy.

So disappointed though - the sets we have are super cute :(

Thanks for that Hellolady,

I would never have known that, thanks for sharing that. I suppose they are not going to bang off the sides or anything anyway so better be safe than sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi all,

I too had the pelvic pain in my last pregnancy - it was terrible - felt like my body was splitting in two down there ( which technically it was, with the pelvic bones softening/separating and all that...).
    This time round I have managed to avoid it and only get sore when I am overdoing it. Cleaned myself and hubby's cars yesterday and was cursing myself for having done it - was on the sofa for most of the evening afterwards! Likewise, if I walk too far with the dogs, I can get sore in the nether regions :(

Today I officially hit 31 weeks and have 4 weeks left in work - am finishing up 8th November - can't wait! I am trying to keep all the baby stuff - clothes washing / cleaning of moses basket/ pram etc. until I hit maternity leave - otherwise I know I will be bored out of my skull, as living abroad I can't just hop in the car and drive to my sisters/mothers etc. so I don't want to end up staring at the four walls until baby comes!

I have to book my 32 wk doctors appointment this week, and I go for a scan in the hospital at 34 weeks. Those are the next two items on my agenda.

I hope everyone is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,

Just an update regarding pelvic pain. I attended clinic in hospital on Tuesday and Doctor is referring me to physio and said i will more than likely have to wear a pregnancy belt for the remaining 9-10weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Just adding therealgirl

March11 1st
    Fima 2nd
    Kandr10 5th
    Closifer 5th
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Therealgirl 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Sweet_pea 29th
    Kidcummins

Hi All Dec mammies! Hope you are all well! Fima I will be changing my date - I took my scan reports to my midwife checkup this week and they are moving the due date from 24th Dec to 16th Dec so Guesswhat and Elle13 I'll be joining you!! Glad as hopefully I will go before Christmas but then on the otherhand it only means I have 6 weeks of work left- honestly can't believe how fast this end bit is going!!!!

Advertisement