Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

fima wrote: »
    I feel your pain, it's a nightmare! The only thing that nearly helps is sitting on gym ball and pelvic rocking before bed. It doesn't really stop the pain just helps loosen up the hips before they have to take all the weight for the night! My arms and my ears really hurt most mornings from lying on my sides all night. The pillows are only good for contemplating suffocating OH as he lies there so comfortable and peaceful ;)
    HAHA how do they sleep so easily, so close to such danger be it accidental or from the stress of coordinating all the pillows!! Ya I must give the ball a go thanks. Although last nite I had a great sleep be it exhaustion or what but no hip pain just one pillow between the knees/thighs if it I got one night a week pain free id be laughing doubt it works like that though

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

How are all the December mammies? I'm exhausted my little girl is really on the go I thought it would take ages to master walking but 3 days in to it it was like she was walking for months! With that and climbing the stairs I'm worn out it's going to be great fun when this baby arrives I think I'll be getting my mam to move in for the first few weeks!
    Lots of pressure and mild cramping the last couple of days and bump has very noticeably dropped hope baby isn't thinking of arriving earlier than planned :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

My babies, who were always quite active anyway, have gone into overdrive, and given that space is becoming severely limited it is not fun. Don't get me wrong, it's reassuring to feel them move, but they are moving so much and it is so noticeable now that it is really uncomfortable and I can't sleep because of it. Maybe they always moved this much, but with more room I wasn't as a aware of it? But now I feel every movement so strongly that it even makes my stomach upset.

I really don't think I'll make it to December before they make a break for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

My babies, who were always quite active anyway, have gone into overdrive, and given that space is becoming severely limited it is not fun. Don't get me wrong, it's reassuring to feel them move, but they are moving so much and it is so noticeable now that it is really uncomfortable and I can't sleep because of it. Maybe they always moved this much, but with more room I wasn't as a aware of it? But now I feel every movement so strongly that it even makes my stomach upset.

I really don't think I'll make it to December before they make a break for it!

How many weeks gone are you Hello Lady ?

Almost 32 weeks now. Since my blood pressure started acting the maggot I have been giving myself weekly targets - if I can get to 30/31/32 weeks etc. I now really want to get to 34. If I get that far I know I'll want to get to 36. Unpleasant as it is, I think I can cope with the acrobatics going on in my uterus if they just stay put as long as possible.

• Advertisement

Almost 32 weeks now. Since my blood pressure started acting the maggot I have been giving myself weekly targets - if I can get to 30/31/32 weeks etc. I now really want to get to 34. If I get that far I know I'll want to get to 36. Unpleasant as it is, I think I can cope with the acrobatics going on in my uterus if they just stay put as long as possible.

Well Good luck! It must be insane to be carrying around 2 babies - cant even imagine.34 weeks is a good goal. I know a couple of ladies who had their babs at 34 or 35 weeks without any issues whatsoever - one was out of the hospital in 4 days :)

Hope you are putting the feet up and taking care of yourself!

Im sort of at the other end of the spectrum as im nearly 37 weeks and crossing all my fingers and toes that he comes early or even on time. I really dont want to go over!!!! Ive had pretty smooth pregnancy so far but the last couple of days have been rough enough.

Good luck to you too. I'm sending good wishes to you that you go soon - 38 weeks is classed as full term so I hope for you that you don't have to wait too much longer.

From a comfort point of view I would love them to come early too, cos there just isn't enough elbow room in there! But despite my desire for comfort I think I'll just suck it up for another few weeks for their benefit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Has anybody else had a pain on the top of their bump, just under boobs? It's like a skin pain, not an internal pain. Feels different from the stretching pains but also feels as if my bump is going to split me in two and drop off... Sounds weird I know but it's driving me mad! I mentioned it to midwife last week and she said its heartburn but it's not, it's an outside pain like I've been cut but I haven't! I have a lot of fluid up there, it's really spongy underneath.

37 weeks today, full term :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

fima wrote: »
    Has anybody else had a pain on the top of their bump, just under boobs? It's like a skin pain, not an internal pain. Feels different from the stretching pains but also feels as if my bump is going to split me in two and drop off... Sounds weird I know but it's driving me mad! I mentioned it to midwife last week and she said its heartburn but it's not, it's an outside pain like I've been cut but I haven't! I have a lot of fluid up there, it's really spongy underneath.

37 weeks today, full term :)

Hi everyone! Another December mammy to be here! I'm due my first baby and hoping for a Gentlebirth on 17th December. Very very excited :D Bags are packed and ready to go!! Have been meaning to join this thread for a while now! I've had a brilliant pregnancy :D Hope everyone else is feeling good :)

Fima I have the pain at the top of my bump just under my boobs as well - its definitely not heartburn. It feels like the skin is stretching or maybe its the muscles? I mostly get it on my right hand side so I find that lying on my left side for a while with a pillow under my bump helps. My bump is all out front (I've been told I look like I have a basketball up my top :rolleyes:) Hopefully when our bumps drop fully the pain will go away....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 June Bird

Good to see so many at full term already!! Im 34 weeks today!!! Have been feeling great up til yesterday/today im getting a lot of cramping today and had an upset tummy all day yest. I honestly think it was something that I ate but have appointment with my gp this afternoon just to check that everything is ok. I can feel lots of movement and haven't had any other symptoms so hopefully all is good. The heart burn has probably been one of the worst things for me especially at night-time its unreal! Although apparently the heart burn is a sign that your baby is going to have a full head of hair!!!
    Feeling under pressure to get everything packed and ready now for the big day....just in case bubs comes a bit early!!!!
    Hope everyone feeling good and healthy for the final few weeks!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 guesswhat

My mum tells me that she had horrible heartburn while she was pregnant of me but when I was born I was bald ;-) I have horrible heartburn pretty much all the time, it's unreal :-(

35 weeks ... cannot wait to meet my little baby boy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

35 weeks tomorrow - 4 weeks to go! (this bubba is getting air-lifted out of me in wk 39) :)
    I am on day 2 of maternity leave and already I am bored. Yes sure, I have a lot to do in the house but it's actually getting my a*s into gear that's the issue. The only things I am managing to do right on a daily basis are walking the dogs and taking my mid afternoon nap :rolleyes:
    Baked some cookies earlier and was so knackered afterwards that I had to have a sleep before I could tackle the mess I had made.
    Still though, I suppose anything is better than being in work!
    I havn't tackled the baby clothes or the hospital bag yet - I suppose I should probably get on that asap.
    Hope all of the other Dec mammys-to-be are feeling good and excited :D

For those of you suffering with heartburn, ask your GP for a prescription for Zantac. It is actually an over the counter item but when pregnant you need a prescription. I have been suffering so so badly with it, and it is even worse since my blood pressure started acting up. Even the zantac doesn't completely get rid of it, but with a top up of Gaviscon I am getting some relief. You can take up to 2 tablets and day and given it is one of the very few medications you can take in pregnancy don't suffer any more than you need to!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi to you all Dec mummies :-)
    I haven't been here for a while.. just finding myself in such a mad busy place :-) I am still in college and right now I have two assignments hanging over my head so its keeping me away from counting every hour I have left of this pregnancy :-)
    I am 35 weeks now so getting there slowly but surely.
    I felt pretty much well all the way through this pregnancy only about two weeks ago it all started.. I have the worst heart burn ever nearly every day and especially in the night time.. The other day it kept me awake for over 2 hours.. I even felt like I may get sick but didn't..
    I feel this pain (not sure if its the same thing as you girls have been feeling) but it is right under my boobs and it feels like I am gonna bust or split in the middle there.. My midwife said its the baby's legs pushing as he has turned into the birthing position and his head is already engaged in my pelvis.. so when he stretch his legs that's apparently what gives me that painful feeling..
    Anyway enough of moaning :-)
    I still have so many things to do.. still have to paint (well my OH has to :-)) two walls in the nursery and pack the bag for the hospital.
    I went over 6 days with my first one so I guess unconsciously I may be thinking I am gonna go late again and that's why I am in no rush! :-) I just so hope I wont go over as the last thing I would like to be doing is having my Xmas dinner in the maternity! :-D
    Hope all of you are feeling well and strong for the day D!
    So Excited now to meet our little boy! Just can not wait. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Congrats & Welcome Soooky :)
    I will add you to the due list when I'm at my laptop.

Elle13, that's good to know hopefully that's what it is as at least that's a pain with a purpose, it's driving me nuts!

Re heartburn & indigestion, I'm just using Rennies and find them good. Ha such a craving for watermelon all day, got some a while ago and now have watermelon flavoured heartburn ... it's not so bad :)

My cat is like my shadow since I got out of hospital. Literally won't leave me on my own. And keeps snuggling up to my bump or as close as she can get to it and rubbing off it. I'm starting to think she knows something I don't! Best double check everything is ready in that bag! Lol

And when she lies on the bump and purrs the babies can obviously hear her and feel the vibration and they go mad moving around! They are all best buddies already!

My hubby seems to have the weirdest knack for calming the baby. It will be kicking and squirming around in me and as soon as my hubby moves over and puts his hand on my bump, it stops. I told him I hope he has the same effect on it when it's out! Would be very handy! ;)

For those of you with the heartburn - I was also suffering from heartburn but it seems to have gone now - and I think it might be because the baby might have dropped, so it has eased the pressure. So that's something to look forward to if your baby has not yet dropped. At least I got though a huge meatball and spaghetti dinner last night with garlic / onion, the lot and didn't get any heartburn/indigestion afterwards - a miracle.

35 weeks tomorrow - 4 weeks to go! (this bubba is getting air-lifted out of me in wk 39) :)
    I am on day 2 of maternity leave and already I am bored. Yes sure, I have a lot to do in the house but it's actually getting my a*s into gear that's the issue. The only things I am managing to do right on a daily basis are walking the dogs and taking my mid afternoon nap :rolleyes:
    Baked some cookies earlier and was so knackered afterwards that I had to have a sleep before I could tackle the mess I had made.
    Still though, I suppose anything is better than being in work!
    I havn't tackled the baby clothes or the hospital bag yet - I suppose I should probably get on that asap.
    Hope all of the other Dec mammys-to-be are feeling good and excited :D

Cunning Stunt - Im with you on the boredom factor! I thought being on a slightly extended maternity leave prior to the birth would be great - that I would get housework done and be able to relax but in reality I am just feeling sick and sorry for myself and dying for baby to arrive! Im also counting down the seconds until my partner gets in every evening because much as I love the cat and the dog - they are all I have for company all day!

Full Term tomorrow which is exciting! I really havent felt so well for the last 4 or 5 days after a pretty smooth early pregnancy. Feeling very nauseous in the mornings/early afternoons, having major sleeping issues and a bit of a sick tummy and diarrhea (sorry). Hoping this is some sort of sign that labour is coming sooner rather than later but I think that may just be wishful thinking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

My hubby seems to have the weirdest knack for calming the baby. It will be kicking and squirming around in me and as soon as my hubby moves over and puts his hand on my bump, it stops. I told him I hope he has the same effect on it when it's out! Would be very handy! ;)

For those of you with the heartburn - I was also suffering from heartburn but it seems to have gone now - and I think it might be because the baby might have dropped, so it has eased the pressure. So that's something to look forward to if your baby has not yet dropped. At least I got though a huge meatball and spaghetti dinner last night with garlic / onion, the lot and didn't get any heartburn/indigestion afterwards - a miracle.

Oh my god that sounds amazing..I'm drooling here......I miss food so much, eating fruit & cheese sandwiches here the past few weeks, its all I can handle...then washed down with Gaviscon

Woke up last night at 3am with huge mouthfuls of acid coming up (ugh!!!) Had to sleep the rest of the night sitting up after scouring the house for Rennie or Gaviscon & getting upset there was none left (how I left myself get into that situation I don't know, was kicking myself)...my husband is away so I couldn't even get in the car to go get some as we have 2 kids in bed...aaagh nightmare!!!

Have no cravings for food, but oh my god do I have cravings for a particular smell....leather or new shoe smell...mmmmmmmmmm...anyone else like this!!!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hey all! I'm home today after 5 days in hospital. I had my beautiful baby girl on Saturday after being induced. She was 6lbs 5 oz at 37 weeks. Perfectly formed but so dinky :-)
    Labour was smooth enough especially after epidural! They thought they might have needed to use suction cup put I escaped with just the episiotomy. Have to say healing from that isn't that bad at all. Again I think I got off lightly.
    Baby was jaundiced so had to be put under lamps for a day but she's grand now and all looking good. Breastfeeding is proving challenging but getting a little better everyday.

Good luck to the rest of you. Can't wait to hear about all the other arrivals. Seems strange to be posting this in the December thread!

• Advertisement

kandr10 wrote: »
    Hey all! I'm home today after 5 days in hospital. I had my beautiful baby girl on Saturday after being induced. She was 6lbs 5 oz at 37 weeks. Perfectly formed but so dinky :-)
    Labour was smooth enough especially after epidural! They thought they might have needed to use suction cup put I escaped with just the episiotomy. Have to say healing from that isn't that bad at all. Again I think I got off lightly.
    Baby was jaundiced so had to be put under lamps for a day but she's grand now and all looking good. Breastfeeding is proving challenging but getting a little better everyday.

Good luck to the rest of you. Can't wait to hear about all the other arrivals. Seems strange to be posting this in the December thread!

Oh wow congratulations on your little girl kandr10 and well done mammy! I was keeping a look here for any updates so exciting our first December baby :)
    The breastfeeding takes time you are both learning but you will get there I found local breastfeeding group a great help.
    Enjoy every minute with your new little family and congrats again :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Aw congratulations Kandr10!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Massive congrats on your little baby girl Kandr10!!!
    It's almost surreal that you have your little baby in your arms already while I still have 4 weeks left! :-)
    Glad all went well and you are recovering nicely after labour.
    Breastfeeding is a bit of science so not too worry.. its early days for you and your little girl so you need to give yourself a chance to establish the routine and system :-)
    All the best to you and your family.. enjoy!!! :-)

Congratulations kandr10! Brilliant news and so glad to hear you and your baby girl are doing well.

Oh wow! Congratulations :) What did you call her?

Big congrats on your new arrival Kandr10 - all the best to you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Corkie2011

Congrats Kandr10. Delighted all went well. Best for luck with everything x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Thanks everyone :-D she's called Madeleine!
    glad to hear its not just me having problems feeding. How long did you ladies breast feed for? You'll fly it with your new babies!

glad to hear its not just me having problems feeding. How long did you ladies breast feed for? You'll fly it with your new babies!

Beautiful name :) I'm still breastfeeding, it's hard going the first few weeks but it does get easier. Hopefully it will all go well with this baby too! The breastfeeding thread has some great advise too something to read during the night feeds!

• Advertisement

Lovely name. So excited for you :) God I cant believe it will be me soon! So scary and overwhelming and amazing!

Advertisement