Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I was wondering - have any of you experienced a kind of 'clicking' sound sometimes when the baby kicks? Sometimes I hear an audible 'click' like a joint cracking and it's always when it kicks up near the top of my bump. Just two minutes ago the baby gave a huge kick and there was a very loud click to go with it. I tried asking the doctor and nurse in the hospital and I was met with blank faces - but I see online that many women have experienced this and are at a loss to explain it.

Have any of you had the same thing? Could it possible just be baby's joints? I guess they can get a bit stiff in there, all curled up...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

Yep, have definitely heard this over the last fews days - thought I was hearing things/going mad so I'm happy to hear that someone else has experienced it :)!! Had a pain in my rib the last couple of days so now thinking it may be baby kicking my ribs that made the click/pop sound!!!

Good to hear someone else here is experiencing the same thing - never thought of the rib bone thing - that could be it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Good to hear someone else here is experiencing the same thing - never thought of the rib bone thing - that could be it too!

That's so strange, I was just googling same thing!! Although I get a clicking sensation when I bend, not everytime but it freaks me out when I hear it-worried I've hurt baby!

Also I don't know if I've noticed more movement lately or if I'm just noticing it more as baby has less space, it feels like constant movement and kind of pokey movements too, I wouldn't say its painful just takes me by surprise each time! That an heavy pressure sine there I'm convinced something is happening!!!

Don't beat yourself up if you don't get everything you want done.
    I had such big plans for maternity leave but my to-do list has long been abandoned! The fact is by the time I get the dogs walked and the house hoovered and whatever clothes need washing done, I don't have the energy for the extra things I had in mind. I am having a hard time even walking now, with pain in the pelvis.

Yep, determined not to beat self up, this is the one time we'll have off and are truly meant to relax. I'll have my list if I feel like doing anything but going to try and not feel guilty if I just laze in pjs all day watching films!! :)

• Advertisement

Mil83 wrote: »
    Hey ladies haven't been on for a while I was in hospital being monitored twice a day coz baby was moving as much as it should be but all turned out ok thank God and baby is weighing about 5lb 15oz right now!! I'm really struggling as well with the walking and driving and just general stuff but I find bouncing on the exercise ball really helps especially with the back pain. On a brighter note I'm been taken in on Sunday eve due to the diabetes they don't want me goin to far over the 38 weeks so all going well baby will be here by Monday. Feels very surreal that in 4 days I'm going to be holding my little bundle :) hope everyone is keeping well :)

Oh wow that's so exciting!!! Hope all goes well-can't wait to hear of another announcement!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi to all Dec mumms :-) Hope you are all doing well :-) I had my little boy few hours ago... Record time 5 hours at 36 weeks :-) After first one being c section I went all the way natural (no time for epidural)... It was madness but made it through it don't know really how!:-) He is 3008g si just under 7pounds and perfect! Glad it's all behind me!:-) Best of luck to you all will think about you and check in here for news!:-)xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Wow Congrats Elle, your original due date must have been around mine, kinda jealous you're all done and dusted now. Must have been a bit of a shock!

Did you have any inclination he was gonna come that early?

Hurray - another Dec baby arrived safe and sound - big congrats to you!
    I am also curious to know whether you knew he was gonna be early - and sounds like it was a fast labor aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mil83

Aw congrats elle13 that's brill news glad to hear ye are both doing well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Congratulations! A fine size for being 4weeks ahead of schedule! Hope you're both doing well. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Congratulations! Wow - things are really starting to move on the December thread!!

Thanks a mill girls! I did not have a clue he was coming so early and my first one was 5 days late!:-o
    In fact I had to pack my hospital bag in between contractions and they were a minute long every 3 minutes once again from the get go. Got to hospital and was told not in labour yet then went from 0 to 10cm so fast (in minutes) they did not make it with epidural so had to do all the hard work... It was mad but he arrived in 5 pushes safe and sound! Glad my first 100% natural labour experience is done though!:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Congratulations on the new addition to your family Elle great news! And go mammy doing it all without any pain relief!
    Wow it's really all happening now can't wait to see who's next :D

0 - 10cm in minutes and only 5 pushes - that's fantastic, well done Elle13! Just saw an older post of yours earlier, where you said you hoped you wouldn't be having Christmas dinner in the hospital - no fear of that now!

Yes it is starting to get very real now - the Dec mammy's are starting to pop! :pac::eek::D

Just got some hoovering done and am feeling sore and exhausted - I know I am only 36 and a half weeks but this baby is very welcome to arrive any time now if it wants!

Congrats Elle13!! It sounds like you had an ideal birth- fingers crossed we'll all go that quick! :) hope you are and baby are doing well,what did you call him?

Congrats Elle13!! It sounds like you had an ideal birth- fingers crossed we'll all go that quick! :) hope you are and baby are doing well,what did you call him?

Thanks a lot!
    :-) guess ideal ha ha
    We called him Matyash :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi to all Dec mumms :-) Hope you are all doing well :-) I had my little boy few hours ago... Record time 5 hours at 36 weeks :-) After first one being c section I went all the way natural (no time for epidural)... It was madness but made it through it don't know really how!:-) He is 3008g si just under 7pounds and perfect! Glad it's all behind me!:-) Best of luck to you all will think about you and check in here for news!:-)xxx

Yay!! Congratulations Elle13, that's fantastic news :) Nearly 7lbs at 36 weeks, imagine if he had went full term! Hope ye are settling in well together and he is a happy little man :) How do you pronounce the name? I've never come across it before.

So we have two December babies born in November, both with M names. Wonder will anymore December mammies go in the next 5 days??? I don't know about anyone else but I would be delighted if I went right now, really struggling now, no sleep, no comfort, horrific indigestion and all the rest!

lulu1985 wrote: »
    Hey guys... ive been kind of creeping in this section just never posted. Im due 20th of december and tbh it cant come quick enough. Another 2weeks left in work and its getting tough.

Hey lulu1985,
    Welcome & Congratulations! Hope you are well :)

March11 1st
    Fima 3rd
    Closifer 3rd
    Kandr10 5th Baby Girl, born 9th Nov!
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th Baby Boy, born 23rd Nov!
    Soooky 17th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    lulu1985 20th Dec
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    kidcummins 25th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Therealgirl 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Sweet_pea 29th

• Advertisement

Sorry for all the posts but lets all spare a thought for Mil83 who was being brought in last night!

fima wrote: »
    Sorry for all the posts but lets all spare a thought for Mil83 who was being brought in last night!

Indeed - hope all went OK - am looking forward to her announcement next!

March11 1st
    Fima 3rd
    Closifer 3rd
    Kandr10 5th Baby Girl, born 9th Nov!
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 16th Baby Boy, born 23rd Nov!
    Soooky 17th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    lulu1985 20th Dec
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    Afternoon Tea 24th
    June Bird 24th
    kidcummins 25th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Therealgirl 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Sweet_pea 29th

Thanks a mill... Matyash was born 22.11.2013 :-)

So we have two December babies born in November, both with M names. Wonder will anymore December mammies go in the next 5 days??? I don't know about anyone else but I would be delighted if I went right now, really struggling now, no sleep, no comfort, horrific indigestion and all the rest!

So exciting ladies are starting to POP! :D Def with you fima - would love to go soon - feeling like something is 'happening' like the weight is unreal down there and I keep getting different feeling twinges, so exhausted too - just can't sleep properly. Last night I dreamt about my waters breaking all night and kept waking up feeling the bed just in case! My last week in work this week, am really struggling - keep trying to get out at lunch time and regretting it as feel so tired on the walk back to work!

Just a note on the due date list - I was moved forward from 24th to the 14th :) Thanks! Hi to all Dec mammies!

Same here -- I am back and forth to the Nov 2013 board because I love reading the announcements and the birth stories, but OMG it is really making me want to fast forward to my baby's birthday now! I wish someone could just put me asleep until it's time for the baby to come!

March11 1st
    Fima 3rd
    Closifer 3rd
    Kandr10 Baby Girl, born 9th Nov!
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 6th
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Afternoon Tea 14th
    Guesswhat 16th
    Elle13 Baby Boy, born 22nd Nov!
    Soooky 17th
    Annabananas 20th-24th
    lulu1985 20th Dec
    Startingagain 21st
    Carlows 23rd
    HBelle 23rd
    June Bird 24th
    kidcummins 25th
    AlwaysNumber1 27th
    Hello Lady 27th
    Therealgirl 27th
    Corkie2011 29th
    Sweet_pea 29th

So exciting ladies are starting to POP! :D Def with you fima - would love to go soon - feeling like something is 'happening' like the weight is unreal down there and I keep getting different feeling twinges,

Oh I don't even feel like anythings happening down there :( Had a midwifes app this morning and she said the head has just entered the birth canal (i think that's what she meant) .... I was thinking it was all set to go for last 2 weeks based on what another midwife told me. So frustrating thinking I could be like this for another two weeks or even more :( Want my baby now! I am having the tightenings which I was told are my pelvic floor muscles contracting and also Braxton Hicks all the time but no pressure as such ...

I have a scan tomorrow, its for the hospital to measure the babies head as part of a study they are doing called the Genesis programme, is anyone else doing this? I wasn't pushed but a doctor rang me and promised me a good pic of babies face so I am not leaving that scan room tomorrow until I have one ... will have to do me for the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

My sil had a baby boy yesterday and my sister had a girl this evening these December babies don't like waiting around!
    I'm feeling lots of pressure and lower back pain I really hope baby doesn't come before section date. Only four more days in work and my maternity starts can't wait to finish up.
    Welcome lulu1985 :) hopefully we'll get an update from mil83 soon. Hope all the December mammies are good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Looks like babies will be here in the next two weeks or so :) due to my blood pressure problem the longer they leave me the higher the risk of a sudden deterioration which could be dangerous for me and the babies. So my doctor has made the decision that 36 weeks will most likely be my limit. I'm just under 34 weeks now. A planned c-section (has to be a c because first baby is permanently breech!) At 36 weeks is lower risk than an emergency c at 38 weeks

I must admit I am kind of relieved cos I just don't think I could do another 4 weeks - another fortnight I might just about manage. I have pelvic girdle pain/spd on and off and when it flares it is agony to get up or down the stairs or walk more than 100 metres. Weirdly the pain is just on one side of my pelvis, kind of in my you know where. It is a pinching and stabbing pain. I imagine it as a vein or something but doc says no, not a vein its pelvic.

Traces of protein showing in the urine which also needs to be monitored as if that increases then I will have to be an inpatient until the birth and I REALLY don't fancy that. So about 16 days! So excitingly petrifying! And it will possibly be Friday 13th if they go with my exact 36 weeks date! Lucky I'm not superstitious! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Mil83

Hey ladies thank your for all your kind thoughts. I started having contractions at 3 Monday morning after 2 doses of the gel. At 10 that morn the gave me another dose because nothing was happening. Contractions got a lot a lot stronger but at 5pm I was still no further on so my consultant decided it was best for baby to be born straight away so off for an emergency section I went.
    After having contractions for all that time myself I was heartbroken but in the end it was best for baby and at 6.34pm I had a beautiful baby girl weighing a healthy 6lb 6oz. We are calling her Alanna :) I cannot describe how I am feeling happy is an understatement I'm just in awe of this tiny human being that I created and she's just beautiful. Will be in hospital for the next 4-5 days but can't wait to get home and start out new lives together :)

Advertisement