Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Congratulations! Beautiful name. Delighted you and your little lady are doing well. X

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Mil83 wrote: »
    Hey ladies thank your for all your kind thoughts. I started having contractions at 3 Monday morning after 2 doses of the gel. At 10 that morn the gave me another dose because nothing was happening. Contractions got a lot a lot stronger but at 5pm I was still no further on so my consultant decided it was best for baby to be born straight away so off for an emergency section I went.
    After having contractions for all that time myself I was heartbroken but in the end it was best for baby and at 6.34pm I had a beautiful baby girl weighing a healthy 6lb 6oz. We are calling her Alanna :) I cannot describe how I am feeling happy is an understatement I'm just in awe of this tiny human being that I created and she's just beautiful. Will be in hospital for the next 4-5 days but can't wait to get home and start out new lives together :)

Massive congrats on your little baby girl Mill83! Lovely name too... Enjoy every second of this ecstatic feeling.. It's just amazing!!!:-) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Big congrats to you on your new little woman. Your Christmas starts here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Congratulations! Alanna is a beautiful name. Hope you are both doing well. You'll be surprised how quickly 5 days will go in in hospital. Make the most of it and pester the midwives for advice!

That's exciting news for you hello lady! I bet you can't wait to see your little ladies :-) hope the next two weeks go well for you and you relax a bit before the big day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Fantastic news Mil83, Congratulations!! Looks like Dec babies are impatient and don't like to wait around, wonder if that's a characteristic of their star signs? :)

Hope you & Alanna are settling in well, I love that name it's beautiful x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 June Bird

Big Congrats to all the mammies who already have their little babies to cuddle! Its just fantastic to see that they have arrived safe and sound! I feel like I still have ages to go yet (36 weeks today!!!!) although I was in for ante natal apt today and the midwife told me that my bump had dropped cant say I really noticed as I seemed to be carrying pretty low all the way through! Hope everyone else keeping well for the last few weeks!

I was also at my midwife appointment today (36 +6) and she told me that the baby's head has not dropped down into the pelvis yet. I was full sure that it had, as my bump looks lower and I am having pain sometimes when I walk.

But no, she said the head is still up above the pelvis, and for that reason, if my waters break I will have to lie down immediately, even if I'm in the middle of a shop - because she says the umbilical chord could fall down over the neck. I guess she didn't know she was speaking to a born worrier - now I am praying my waters don't go anytime soon!

I have been really making an effort to control my blood sugars and the numbers have been fine - I have been monitoring them with the kit they gave me - and yet, for the first time ever, they detected sugar in my urine today.
    I just don't know what else to do - when I was oblivious to the whole 'suspected diabetes' thing, and eating sugar galore, I never had any sugar in the urine. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 June Bird

I'm the same Cunning Stunt the midwife just said that my bump had dropped but the baby's head is not engaged yet. She said that the head was down alright but not engaged. She said it was nothing to worry about and that there is plenty of time for the head to engage yet. She never mentioned anything about lying down if my waters go that sounds a bit scary it would be fine if you were home but might not be so easy if you were out and about!! :eek:

Yeah, I am trying not to think too much about it because to be fair, I have been on these boards a few times and never heard tell of something like that.

My midwife is relatively young and new to the job, and so maybe she feels she has to mention everything that's in the books - even worst case scenarios. I have a feeling that if it was an older, more experience midwife she would not even bother saying it. At least that's what I am convincing myself!

That was a stupid thing for that midwife to say to you Cunning, absolutely stupid and insensitive also. I've never heard of it at all, how are you suppose to get to hosp, are you supposed to call an ambulance and lie in the street until it comes? Your waters probably won't go anyway, what date is set for your airlift?

• Advertisement

fima wrote: »
    That was a stupid thing for that midwife to say to you Cunning, absolutely stupid and insensitive also. I've never heard of it at all, how are you suppose to get to hosp, are you supposed to call an ambulance and lie in the street until it comes? Your waters probably won't go anyway, what date is set for your airlift?

The 11th December, so just two weeks away now. It can't come fast enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Congrats Mil83! such a lovely name! :) Lovely to think the birth is all over and you can just get to know this lovely little human being now!!! Enjoy every second!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Corkie2011

Congrats Mil83 and Elle13. Delighted for you both. Counting down the days for myself. Having a c section on the 16th, so only 20 days left. I'm delighted i'll have it all over for Xmas. It's getting exciting now. Who's going to be next !! Best of Luck everyone xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Congratulations on Alanna! Hearing about all these babies arriving is making me feel hopeful (and also a little scared!!) Hope everyone's labour has been okay so far - I have started watching birthing videos and I am more than a little freaked about that part of the process :)

I am due a week from today and had an extra scan in the hospital today as part of some research project they are doing. All seems okay and on track. Baby's head has dropped and I got to see his squished little face quite clearly!!

I am starting to feel a little anxious about not knowing when labour will start. I cant go to bed without tidying up the house and I am obsessively bathing every day as I just feel like I cant go to bed without being ready in case contractions start in the middle of the night! Anyone else feeling this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

fima wrote: »
    Oh I don't even feel like anythings happening down there :( Had a midwifes app this morning and she said the head has just entered the birth canal (i think that's what she meant) .... I was thinking it was all set to go for last 2 weeks based on what another midwife told me. So frustrating thinking I could be like this for another two weeks or even more :( Want my baby now! I am having the tightenings which I was told are my pelvic floor muscles contracting and also Braxton Hicks all the time but no pressure as such ...

I have a scan tomorrow, its for the hospital to measure the babies head as part of a study they are doing called the Genesis programme, is anyone else doing this? I wasn't pushed but a doctor rang me and promised me a good pic of babies face so I am not leaving that scan room tomorrow until I have one ... will have to do me for the moment!

fima just read this post - that was the same study I was scanned for today. Hope you got a good look at your baba too!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

We had detailed scan yesterday due to my having gestational diabetes - it was great!! All went well which was the most important thing but we also got to get a really good look at baby which was fab! Got a great picture of baby's face - chubby cheeks, little nose and mouth (baby's arm was covering eyes :)) and could even see baby's mouth moving :D Came out of there feeling so excited :D:D:D

aw soooky, that sounds great!
    I am being scanned tomorrow aswell (week 37+1), with suspected diabetes, and am really hoping that it will all go OK. I won't have my hubby with me because he cannot get away from work, so I am a bit nervous. :(

Also, we don't want to know the sex so I hope they won't mess up there - then I don't know what I would do - if I would tell my hubby or try to keep it to myself!

Hi Cunning Stunt - don't worry all will be fine :) My baby's measurements were all completely on target, its just reassurance! Tell the radiographer before they start the scan that you don't want to know the baby's gender - they have always asked me during scans if I know whether I am having a boy or a girl and to be honest I wouldn't even know what to look for on the screen so I wouldn't have been able see even by mistake! Hope all goes well for you and enjoy:) It makes it all so real :D:D:D

closifer wrote: »
    fima just read this post - that was the same study I was scanned for today. Hope you got a good look at your baba too!

I saw the little face very briefly on the screen, just got a picture of the nose and mouth as baby has an arm across the eyes. Been taking the picture out and staring at the little cute nose and mouth and day-dreaming, cant wait to kiss my baby! The Dr said that baby was about 7.5lbs so a good size so far :)

Soooky sounds like we got similar pics!

Hope all mammies are keeping well, I've noticed I am actually sleeping better the last few nights, still waking every hour and a half to use the loo but I'm getting straight back to sleep, my bump is so big it supports itself now so no trying to get comfortable! Still have the mad burning sensation on top of bump at left side though and that is driving me cracked! Only thing helping it is to break off a piece of my aloe vera plant and rub that on it. My poor plant is looking a bit sorry now unfortunately!

5 days to D-Day :D:D:D

I had a good result at my appointment today too.

They are very happy with the numbers from my blood sugar monitoring and now I won't have to be referred to a different hospital for the birth, so I am still on track for a c-section on 11th Dec :) I just have to monitor my blood sugar twice a week now.

Baby looked perfect on the scan, however it is still on the large side - heading for 9lb at the moment, with 13 days left until my c-section -- thank God it's getting airlifted out of me!

They do admit that there is room for error in the measurements so it will be interesting to see just how right/wrong they were when baby comes! I have read plenty of stories of women being told to expect a big/small baby and then having the opposite.

I just realised that I didn't get any pictures this time, but that's OK - It won't be long until I am looking at the real thing :)

Hope everyone is doing OK.

• Advertisement

I haven't had pictures in ages because there isn't enough room to get a clear picture since about week 26 :( I had a 4d scan at 20 weeks so I'm dying to see if/how much they've changed.

Ladies keep your fingers crossed for me. Had GP check up today to monitor blood pressure and protein in urine. BP was grand but there was +1 protein in the urine and trace leucocytes. On Monday with my consultant it was only trace protein and no mention of the leucocytes. Have phoned the hospital midwife and left a message, just waiting on call back. Please god they don't tell me I need to be admitted. The last time in hospital I didn't sleep the whole time and was sick from tiredness. I know I probably need to be monitored but I honestly feel I am better off at home. I don't sleep great here either but at least I get a few hours on and off and feel more comfortable.

Keep your fingers crossed I don't have to spend the weekend in hospital!

I haven't had pictures in ages because there isn't enough room to get a clear picture since about week 26 :( I had a 4d scan at 20 weeks so I'm dying to see if/how much they've changed.

Ladies keep your fingers crossed for me. Had GP check up today to monitor blood pressure and protein in urine. BP was grand but there was +1 protein in the urine and trace leucocytes. On Monday with my consultant it was only trace protein and no mention of the leucocytes. Have phoned the hospital midwife and left a message, just waiting on call back. Please god they don't tell me I need to be admitted. The last time in hospital I didn't sleep the whole time and was sick from tiredness. I know I probably need to be monitored but I honestly feel I am better off at home. I don't sleep great here either but at least I get a few hours on and off and feel more comfortable.

Keep your fingers crossed I don't have to spend the weekend in hospital!

I understand your not wanting to stay in hospital - I hope that you get the OK to stay at home.

I had a good result at my appointment today too.

They are very happy with the numbers from my blood sugar monitoring and now I won't have to be referred to a different hospital for the birth, so I am still on track for a c-section on 11th Dec :) I just have to monitor my blood sugar twice a week now.

Baby looked perfect on the scan, however it is still on the large side - heading for 9lb at the moment, with 13 days left until my c-section -- thank God it's getting airlifted out of me!

They do admit that there is room for error in the measurements so it will be interesting to see just how right/wrong they were when baby comes! I have read plenty of stories of women being told to expect a big/small baby and then having the opposite.

I just realised that I didn't get any pictures this time, but that's OK - It won't be long until I am looking at the real thing :)

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Great news Cunning Stunt - glad everything went well :)

They told me my baby was weighing in at 7.3lb at the moment (with 19 days to go) but I am taking that with a pinch of salt as ultrasounds are notorious for giving incorrect weights:rolleyes:

I understand your not wanting to stay in hospital - I hope that you get the OK to stay at home.

Thanks cunning. They phoned me this afternoon to tell me to come in tomorrow for check up, trace and blood tests. Hopefully the results will be safe enough for me to go home after, but they told me to bring my bag just in case and a bed is provisionally booked for me on the ward. :( All I can do is hope that the levels are on the safe side and they can let me home. I see my consultant on Monday and even if I get home tomorrow I am fully expecting to be kept in on Monday and possibly have my section within the week. But we'll wait and see and hope for the best.

Great news for you cunning! Won't be long now til you meet your lil one :-)
    Please god you don't have to stay in hello lady but if you do bring a good set of ear plugs! Fingers crossed !

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Baby girl born 9.21pm tonight weighing 8lbs 3.5oz having had sweep yesterday at 39+4. Gas and air only as was 7cm dilated when arrived at 5pm, waters went at 9pm, she arrived 21 mins later. Tore alot. She is chewing the boob off me right now. I am tired.

Congratulations! Another early arrival for December :-) hope you're both doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

March11 wrote: »
    Baby girl born 9.21pm tonight weighing 8lbs 3.5oz having had sweep yesterday at 39+4. Gas and air only as was 7cm dilated when arrived at 5pm, waters went at 9pm, she arrived 21 mins later. Tore alot. She is chewing the boob off me right now. I am tired.

Congrats March11!!!! Bet you're glad it's over! Sounds nice and quick too although the tearing bit sounds painful. Hope you are doing ok and enjoying this special time with your little one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Congratulations mil83 and march11 great news. Enjoy every moment with your little girls :) x

• Advertisement

Mil83 & March11
    Congrats ladies on your baby girls! Hope you are all doing great :)

March11 Baby Girl, born 28th Nov

Fima 3rd
    Closifer 3rd
    Kandr10 Baby Girl, born 9th Nov!
    Fairie 5th
    Mil83 Baby Girl, born 25 Nov
    Beltzar 11th
    CunningStunt 11th
    Excited 12th/13th
    Kiwi2011 14th
    Afternoon Tea 14th
    Guesswhat 16th