Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

I haven't had pictures in ages because there isn't enough room to get a clear picture since about week 26 :( I had a 4d scan at 20 weeks so I'm dying to see if/how much they've changed.

Ladies keep your fingers crossed for me. Had GP check up today to monitor blood pressure and protein in urine. BP was grand but there was +1 protein in the urine and trace leucocytes. On Monday with my consultant it was only trace protein and no mention of the leucocytes. Have phoned the hospital midwife and left a message, just waiting on call back. Please god they don't tell me I need to be admitted. The last time in hospital I didn't sleep the whole time and was sick from tiredness. I know I probably need to be monitored but I honestly feel I am better off at home. I don't sleep great here either but at least I get a few hours on and off and feel more comfortable.

Keep your fingers crossed I don't have to spend the weekend in hospital!

Fingers crossed for you today Hello Lady

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

fima wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you today Hello Lady

Thanks but the crossed fingers didn't work :( admitted for the weekend. To be honest I feel like crap so it's probably for the best. Just raging because my friend is home from Australia. Due to a funeral last week I had to cancel meeting up with her and we were going to have dinner tonight. She goes home at 7am Monday morning. So I won't get to see her probably before she goes and it will be at least a year if not more before I see her again.

Congratulations March11. The tearing sounds painful but at least it was all over quickly. Best wishes to you and your little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

March11 wrote: »
    Baby girl born 9.21pm tonight weighing 8lbs 3.5oz having had sweep yesterday at 39+4. Gas and air only as was 7cm dilated when arrived at 5pm, waters went at 9pm, she arrived 21 mins later. Tore alot. She is chewing the boob off me right now. I am tired.

Congrats March11 on your little arrival! Hope allwent well and not too sore after being stitched! Enjoy your litlle princess. Hope the breast feeding goes well for you too.. Am suffering with cracked nipple right now but don't want to give it up! It's a bit of science this breastfeeding!:-B

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Congratulations to the New mammies. It's genuinely heart warming reading all the New stories.
    Got admitted to the hospital due to new complications BUT as a result I am booked in for c section Monday morning. So FIMA my dear, I'll be looking for you to update my arrival/due date pretty please.
    Have a nice weekend all

Congratulations to the New mammies. It's genuinely heart warming reading all the New stories.
    Got admitted to the hospital due to new complications BUT as a result I am booked in for c section Monday morning. So FIMA my dear, I'll be looking for you to update my arrival/due date pretty please.
    Have a nice weekend all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

beltzar wrote: »
    Have a nice weekend all

Best of luck Monday beltzar :) I'm loving reading all the updates too.
    Hello lady hope all is ok with you and bp is going down.
    First day of maternity today and last weekend before baba arrives so it's a chill out weekend with my little girl :D my boyfriend is doing all the cooking and cleaning hope that continues!!

Fairie wrote: »
    Best of luck Monday beltzar :) I'm loving reading all the updates too.
    Hello lady hope all is ok with you and bp is going down.
    First day of maternity today and last weekend before baba arrives so it's a chill out weekend with my little girl :D my boyfriend is doing all the cooking and cleaning hope that continues!!

Yes congrats beltzar, a very exciting few days coming up. Possibly our first actual December baby??

My BP is grand thanks fairie - ever since they put me on meds its been behaving perfectly. The problem is the protein in the urine. And last night I had a mild temp so now they think there is an infection brewing and even though I have had the flu vaccine they have quarantined me to a room on my own and are giving me tammiflu just in case, as much for everyone else's safety as well as my own. They took a whole heap of blood tests yesterday, have put me on IV antibiotics and are monitoring everything very closely. I honestly can't complain about the attention and care I have received. Even they admit its possibly overkill but better safe than sorry. It sucks being in hospital, but it's the best place for me right now. And at least now I have my own room so I should get a bit more rest than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

beltzar wrote: »
    Have a nice weekend all

There goes my 11th Dec due date buddy!
    It must be very exciting to be so close to getting your baby now! :) Wishing you all the best, and looking forward to an update!

Good Luck Beltzar, will be thinking of you and waiting to update another December Mammy!

Is anyone else freaking out at the thought of giving birth? Last few days I have been really emotional and worrying all the time about how I will cope with the pain. Because I've never done it before I have no idea what to expect and it's stressing me out :(

Also am getting stressed at the possibility of there being a power strike and blackout leading up to Christmas while caring for a newborn, has anyone else thought about this?

Yes congrats beltzar, a very exciting few days coming up. Possibly our first actual December baby??

My BP is grand thanks fairie - ever since they put me on meds its been behaving perfectly. The problem is the protein in the urine. And last night I had a mild temp so now they think there is an infection brewing and even though I have had the flu vaccine they have quarantined me to a room on my own and are giving me tammiflu just in case, as much for everyone else's safety as well as my own. They took a whole heap of blood tests yesterday, have put me on IV antibiotics and are monitoring everything very closely. I honestly can't complain about the attention and care I have received. Even they admit its possibly overkill but better safe than sorry. It sucks being in hospital, but it's the best place for me right now. And at least now I have my own room so I should get a bit more rest than last time.

That's good your bp is down, hopefully there's no infection and bloods come back all clear. It's not nice having to stay in hospital but it's good that you have your own room and you are being looked after so well. I was in a week before I had my daughter I hated it but it was for the best, the staff were amazing and I got to know them so well, we even had a little new years eve party on our ward with them (orange juice and quality street we went wild ;) ) it's a pain at the time and of course you would rather be at home but before you know it you will have your little girls in your arms :)

• Advertisement

Good Luck Beltzar, will be thinking of you and waiting to update another December Mammy!

Is anyone else freaking out at the thought of giving birth? Last few days I have been really emotional and worrying all the time about how I will cope with the pain. Because I've never done it before I have no idea what to expect and it's stressing me out :(

Also am getting stressed at the possibility of there being a power strike and blackout leading up to Christmas while caring for a newborn, has anyone else thought about this?

I think we all worry about the birth at times. When the time comes though you won't care you'll just be concentrating on getting baby out. I don't know how to explain it other than you just do it! It really is amazing what women can do. But if you do need/want pain relief don't be afraid to ask for it. Each contraction is one less to go until you meet your baby and anything you have to go through will be so worth it when you see your baby!
    Haven't thought at all about power strike and blackout, hopefully it won't actually come to that.

I've had a weird feeling since yesterday that this baby is going to arrive before section date, lots of bad cramps and pressure since last night hopefully though baby holds on til Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I am swinging between days where I am completely freaked out about the birth and days where I am so uncomfortable that I just think bring it on! I have never had a broken bone or an operation so I dont really know what kind of pain threshold I have which scares me. I am also quite freaked out about tearing :(

Its such a weird feeling knowing that level of pain is coming. Its like knowing someone is going to punch you in the face but not quite knowing when its going to happen!!!

I am ridiculously emotional though. We decorated the house for Xmas today as I am due Tuesday and wanted to have the place looking festive just in case baby arrives on time. I ended up going out and buying loads of new stuff because when I took out the stuff from last year - I convinced myself it wasnt good enough and that the baby would hate it - so ridiculous I know!! I also keep seeing women with small babies in the shops and I cant even look because Im scared ill burst into tears!!

I was relatively calm about the birth until tonight...when the lady in the room next door went into labour and literally screamed the hospital down! A few others have gone into labour since I've been here but none have screamed as loud or as much as her! Add into the mix that I was pretty certain it will be a c section because one or both babies are always breech and what happened tonight? That's right, baby 1 turned around and was head first (or so the midwife said). Now she didn't stay that way long, but knowing my luck she'll head that way when labour is on the way and stay there.

I originally was a bit disappointed that I would almost certainly have a c section, but now that I have come to terms with it and am prepared for it my girls go and throw me a curve ball!!!! :eek: scary bananas!!

I was relatively calm about the birth until tonight...when the lady in the room next door went into labour and literally screamed the hospital down! A few others have gone into labour since I've been here but none have screamed as loud or as much as her! Add into the mix that I was pretty certain it will be a c section because one or both babies are always breech and what happened tonight? That's right, baby 1 turned around and was head first (or so the midwife said). Now she didn't stay that way long, but knowing my luck she'll head that way when labour is on the way and stay there.

I originally was a bit disappointed that I would almost certainly have a c section, but now that I have come to terms with it and am prepared for it my girls go and throw me a curve ball!!!! :eek: scary bananas!!

The same as.....I had wanted to go natural but since being here Thursday and seeing a lot of women in pain (and in fairness a lot of women breezing through it) I am so very glad to be having the c section.
    It is mental here at the moment in the Coombe. This is my 4th time to be admitted in this pregnancy and it has never been busier.
    Like you hello lady my little one decided yesterday it wanted to come naturally, and tried 2get its head down, but for a few reasons this was not ideal and I too got a fright when I got the start of contractions, and I started to have bleeds. Scary scary day today, but I am lucky to have been here so that I didn't freak out.
    Good luck hello lady and others. At least I know for sure (I hope I haven't jinxed myself) that within the next 12hours I will finally meet my little dancer.
    For those first timers like myself that might have questions about "prepping myself" or "pads" etc etc feel free to ask or pm me. I learnt a lot of this today just from going through it. One piece of advice that I got from here and used was to bring ear plugs!!

Thanks for the reassurance ladies, I have come to terms with it a bit better over the weekend, it's inevitable anyway so not much I can do now!

Today is/was my original due date. I'm here having a bowl of coco pops to celebrate before I head off to hospital for check up. Was dreaming last night that my waters broke, woke up in a panic but I just really needed to pee! Having lots if pressure pains on and off along with pain in my back and travelling across my belly.... Hopefully won't be long now.... I just really hope I'm not a screamer!!!

Hope all mammies are well! Good Luck today Beltzar x

Good luck today fima and Beltzar! So exciting for you both

Well most of my results have come back with no indication of bacterial infection, so the antibiotics were not really needed after all. But I still have to stay on them for another 24 hours :confused: what's that all about? Anyway, it was probably viral.

Been a bit pukey this morning and when I had a trace of the babies hearts the midwife asked me if I was having pains or contractions. Puzzled I said not particularly, just some tightening when they move. 'Well' she says, 'the machine is showing activity of contractions so either the machine is being particularly sensitive for you or something might be happening' :eek:

Don't really know what to make of that to be honest. Knowing my luck they'll send me home and just as I get to my front door it'll all kick off :)

Been a bit pukey this morning and when I had a trace of the babies hearts the midwife asked me if I was having pains or contractions. Puzzled I said not particularly, just some tightening when they move. 'Well' she says, 'the machine is showing activity of contractions so either the machine is being particularly sensitive for you or something might be happening' :eek:

Aaaargh! I hate when they leave you in limbo like that! Pity she couldn't have tried another machine to see what the story is. I hope you will be meeting your babies soon!

I have 9 days to go until my c-section and it feels like it's taking FOREVER! Having said that, I really should get my a*se into gear and pack a hospital bag for myself. Baby's stuff is all ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Good luck today fima and Beltzar! So exciting for you both

Well most of my results have come back with no indication of bacterial infection, so the antibiotics were not really needed after all. But I still have to stay on them for another 24 hours :confused: what's that all about? Anyway, it was probably viral.

Don't really know what to make of that to be honest. Knowing my luck they'll send me home and just as I get to my front door it'll all kick off :)

If you use an antibiotic for things that it cannot treat (like colds & other viruses) they will become less effective against the bacteria that they are meant to treat...I understand your frustration at having to be on one when you now know it is a viral infection....but...

...not finishing a course (or getting to a stage of the lowest dose of a course) can be problematic too...bacteria can become resistant to that antibiotic and cause problems for you later on or if you need to use that antibiotic in the future it can be less effective as you will have built up a resistance to that antibiotic

Hope you're not waiting too long to see if this is it or not with the tightenings...I had very strong braxton hicks early in my last pregnancy, no pains obviously, but they weren't happy with them on the trace so started me on steroids for baby's lungs...nothing happened tho....this time around the same thing....(I'm having one right now...they take your breath away) I was in hospital last week (35 weeks) and put on a trace & the midwife was asking how I wasn't in pain yet & I said "they're only the braxton hicks sure"...but she wasn't convinced and stuck me on a 45 min trace then...same thing...she mentioned an internal to check for dilation,...I said no thanks & discharged myself...baby moving loads, everything else looks great so they may keep their hands out of me for another while! :)

My little girl arrived last night at 11.40 weighing 7 pounds :) I was getting pains and pressure yesterday but had them on and off the last few days so thought nothing of it! Rang hospital at 10.30 as it wasn't easing told me to come in, waters broke as I was leaving the house. Straight to delivery when we got to hospital, no time for my section or pain relief!! pushed for about 20 minutes and our little girl arrived! Few stitches needed, bit tender today and section site is sore after it, other than that feeling great and can't wait until my other daughter meets her new little sister :) looking forward to hearing of all the other new arrivals and best of luck to all the mammies :) x

Thanks therealgirl. I hate taking antibiotics anyway because for years I suffered from undiagnosed auto-immune inflammatory arthritis where I got regular inflammations but kept being treated for infections. When I actually did get a bad infection, just as you say general antibiotics didn't work and I had to take really strong ones to get better. So I am not a fan of taking them without good reason. But I suppose being pregnant it is a precaution I can live with. They said they don't want to stop them without being certain that my temp doesn't spike. So 24 hours on them orally and if no temp I can stop them/wean off them and go home. Everything points to viral but when you are pregnant they are extra cautious and until they have all the results back they're always err on the side of caution. Which is fair enough - I can't complain about being too well taken care of!

About the 'contractions' its weird cos I haven't had braxton hicks that I am aware of. But it is hard to tell with twins because if both babies move at the same time, with limited room my whole bump tightens. So it might just be that but nothing showed up on any previous traces. Can't get another machine because I am in isolation so have my own machine/blood pressure cuff/thermometer etc and until I get the all clear they are what I am to use

I'll check in with you all again this evening!!! Watch this space!!!

• Advertisement

Congratulations fairie!!! Brilliant news and well done you! Glad you and your little lady are doing well x

congrats Fairie and well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Fairie wrote: »
    My little girl arrived last night at 11.40 weighing 7 pounds :) I was getting pains and pressure yesterday but had them on and off the last few days so thought nothing of it! Rang hospital at 10.30 as it wasn't easing told me to come in, waters broke as I was leaving the house. Straight to delivery when we got to hospital, no time for my section or pain relief!! pushed for about 20 minutes and our little girl arrived! Few stitches needed, bit tender today and section site is sore after it, other than that feeling great and can't wait until my other daughter meets her new little sister :) looking forward to hearing of all the other new arrivals and best of luck to all the mammies :) x

Congrats Fairie!!!!! Sounds like you are doing well, bet you are relieved its over :) enjoy this special time and congrats again!!

I must say I am getting fierce envious and excited with all of this baby news! The ball is really rolling now on the Dec 13 births :eek::)

Thanks everyone :) def relieved it's all over think I'm still in shock how quickly it all happened and that I didn't have a section as I'd been prepared for that all along! But delighted my little lady is here and that we'll be going home in the morning :)
    Good luck today to beltzar hopefully won't be too long til she meets her baby.
    Hello lady how are you doing? Are you still getting contractions?

Haha well not that I know of! I just thought it was babies moving in a limited space or wind! Something tells me I won't be so lucky as to have contractions and not even notice!

Fairie, hope you don't mind me asking - do you know how far you were gone, when they said that the c-section was not possible?

(Am terrified that this will happen to me - the only thing keeping me sane is that this baby will be airlifted!)

Haha well not that I know of! I just thought it was babies moving in a limited space or wind! Something tells me I won't be so lucky as to have contractions and not even notice!

Hahaha I have to laugh, you could be very lucky and not realise I didn't even though I felt it I didn't realise it was contractions big difference between going natural and been induced for me!! Did you ever see the movie what to expect when you're expecting? You could be like the woman who sneezes and out pops the baby!!!! ;)

Thanks therealgirl. I hate taking antibiotics anyway because for years I suffered from undiagnosed auto-immune inflammatory arthritis where I got regular inflammations but kept being treated for infections. When I actually did get a bad infection, just as you say general antibiotics didn't work and I had to take really strong ones to get better. So I am not a fan of taking them without good reason. But I suppose being pregnant it is a precaution I can live with. They said they don't want to stop them without being certain that my temp doesn't spike. So 24 hours on them orally and if no temp I can stop them/wean off them and go home. Everything points to viral but when you are pregnant they are extra cautious and until they have all the results back they're always err on the side of caution. Which is fair enough - I can't complain about being too well taken care of!

About the 'contractions' its weird cos I haven't had braxton hicks that I am aware of. But it is hard to tell with twins because if both babies move at the same time, with limited room my whole bump tightens. So it might just be that but nothing showed up on any previous traces. Can't get another machine because I am in isolation so have my own machine/blood pressure cuff/thermometer etc and until I get the all clear they are what I am to use

I'll check in with you all again this evening!!! Watch this space!!!

Aaaagh! I can't imagine having two of them in there!!! One in me & I'm huffing & puffing all day long :D
    I get what you mean about the antibiotics, my little one started life with some serious antibiotics, she is 19 months now & still gets one regularly & every time I get so angry, thinking I wish I knew if she really really needed this, but it is hard to take that chance & make a decision not to have one...she has been given a few before purely for her high temperature at the time though...where the illness was probably viral, but the temp could have been a problem if not brought down...doc mentioned some antibiotics can be a great help in bringing temp down (fevers of about 40 C +)

Lotsa probiotics, goats milk etc to help you out afterwards if you're feeling rough :) Good luck!!!

• Advertisement

Congrats Fairie & well done you!

All these birth stories are coming in fast, makes me think how close we all are!! eek!

Advertisement