Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Hi therealgirl, I hope your doing good. I ended up in hospital Wednesday evening after my 37 week check up with high blood pressure. All was fine again and got home last night, but I spent 2 hours on a trace yesterday morning. I was lying on my left side and gulped down 2 litres of cold water because they weren't happy with the 'variations' of baby's heartbeat and baby was sleeping. So they fed me, strapped me up again and no bother then. So the moral of the story is try some food (probably not easy if your nauseous) and than lie down, hopefully that will get your little baby moving and shaking!!!
    Can ask has anyone any experience with an ECV? They gave me my c section date for dec 20th but doc was really pushing for me to try turn baby, to be honest I think that conversation led to my high blood pressure because I had told him the previous week I didn't fancy my chances with ecv and wanted the safest deliver for baby I.e. C section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Congrats to all the new moms. Jealous you're all over and done with it.

Starting to show early signs of pre eclampsia which is just great.

Joy to the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Corkie2011

Congratulations fairie and Beltzar. Hope all is going well with ur new arrivals. It's getting very exciting now. Who's going to be next ??? Only 10 days till we have our little bundle in our arms, that's if I can hold out till section. Pressure is very bad and painful these days. Didn't have this with first pregnancy. Best of luck everyone xx

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Just had it confirmed that I will be staying in hospital til the birth. In addition to pre-eclampsia I have now been diagnosed with cholestatis which in addition to affecting the liver and blood flow can also affect blood pressure. So its a balancing act now and being very closely monitored to be sure babies blood flow isn't compromised.

Nothing has been confirmed for a delivery date, but I am going to push for some sort of decision on it. If it changes and I have to go sooner so be it but would like to feel like I have some end date in sight.

Hello lady hope you are doing ok and that you have a delivery date. Look after yourself, I'll be keeping a look out for an update on your little girls arrivals :) x

Thanks sweet_pea and corkie2011 :)

Sweet_pea hopefully you don't have pre-eclampsia look after yourself and lots of rest.
    Corkie2011 hopefully baby holds on until section day, only ten days max to go its so exciting! Can't wait to see who's next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Congrats to all the new moms. Jealous you're all over and done with it.

Starting to show early signs of pre eclampsia which is just great.

Joy to the world...

How many weeks are you now Sweet_pea?

Having recently gone through the 'might be/probably is/definitely is pre-eclampsia' rollercoaster my advice is to be firm with establishing a diagnosis. I was very easy going about it all, but with hindsight I would have pushed for more tests.

First I just had high BP and was admitted then discharged with no meds, no real tests and just told to come back for monitoring. Then a few days later my BP spiked again, I was admitted put on meds. Then on this last admission they did a 24 hr urine collection. Looking back it would have made sense to do this from day one.

So if I were you I would ask them to arrange for regular BP and urine checking, and a 24 hour urine collection. My daily urine shows no protein, but my 24 hour collection confirmed protein present. also make sure that your BP is checked with a large cuff to get a more accurate reading. if your BP is elevated at all ask if they are putting you on drugs and if not why not. Push them for a plan of care should things disimprove. Asking all of this will ensure that they are getting on top of things as quickly as possible and decreases the risk to you and baby. Make sure you are getting regular BP checks, and if you feel in anyway 'odd' or unwell, dizzy or have a headache that won't shift or problems with your vision, go to the hospital immediately. I don't want to scare you, but your BP can change so quickly that if you notice any change its better to be safe than sorry. Once they know you definitely do/don't have a problem they can treat you accordingly. So make sure a firm treatment plan is in place and if no treatment is being offered, make sure you are comfortable with the reason why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Wife being induced (or in her words-reduced) today. Been in rotunda since Wednesday.

Best of luck to you and your wife tatranska. Nearly there!

Thanks for that hello lady. I'm not that worried to be honest. I'm 37 weeks so he's big enough and bold enough to come out now, if I have to be induced soon it should be fine. If it had happened a few weeks ago I prob would be more concerned.

Also, I'm only hitting a few of the markers just now. I've had protein in my last three samples, swelling and excessive weight gain the last 2 weeks indicating that I am starting to retain water but my BP has been perfect through out and otherwise feel fine.

Have to wait it out and see now, either way the end is so close, can not wait to see what he looks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

woke up this morning with pain in my breast bone - right between the boobs. Feels almost bruised :confused: I doubt the baby could reach that high with a kick - any of you ever experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

woke up this morning with pain in my breast bone - right between the boobs. Feels almost bruised :confused: I doubt the baby could reach that high with a kick - any of you ever experience this?

Ouch! Do you still have it? Is it just one off or ongoing? Have had period like aches yesterday and today, wondering if something happening or if its just heaviness. Also went to take wedding ring off and noticed my ring finger has swollen up, managed to get them off but weird it's just that finger?! Will keep eye on it anyway.

Hope everyone doing ok, so exciting seeing who will go next! Keep having feeling like I'm ready for baby to make appearance now but then pure fear of oh god I actually have to GET it out aghhh!!!!!!

• Advertisement

It's gone again today - may have been the way I slept - phew!

It's gone again today - may have been the way I slept - phew!

Oh cool, funny the odd little things that crop up isn't it!!

It is indeed!

Any update on your new arrival Tatranska?

It's full steam ahead here to Weds when I will finally get to see what I have been cooking in here - a little girl or a little boy :) So excited now!

The hospital have me drinking this awful protein drink - a mix of yoghurt / buttermilk/raw cream - but it's supposed to help with healing after the section, so I am forcing it down me!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Hey December Mums & Dads!

My little baby boy was born this morning at 3.30am , 6 days late after 3 days in labour, absolutely perfect and already the love of my life

8.5lbs, head of dark hair and feeding like a dream already. He's amazing :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

fima wrote: »

My little baby boy was born this morning at 3.30am , 6 days late after 3 days in labour, absolutely perfect and already the love of my life

Big congrats Fima - that's no small baby either! Well done you -- enjoy your little man now!

Awww congratulations!!!! 3 days in labour-wow! All worth it then I bet, he sounds gorgeous and feeding well which is brilliant!! Congrats again :)

Congratulations on the arrival of your little man and well done you enjoy every minute with your new little family x

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Corkie2011

Congrats fima. Enjoy every minute x

Congrats fima x

Feels like we are shooting through our list!

Cunning stunt, I had that popping at the top of the bump last night, the boy wasn't kicking, I just took a huge yawn and pop! Definitely ligaments though as I had the same in my knee before. Just goes to show the pressure the bump itself puts on the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

te="fima;87900589"]Hey December Mums & Dads!

Hope everyone else is doing well :)[/quote]

Masdive congrats on your baby boy arrival Fima and well done to you!.. 3 days... Wow... Would hardly cope with that!:-)
    What did you call him? Enjoy and rest as much as he let you to! X

• Advertisement

Well done fima! 3 days of labour? :eek: you must have been exhausted so well done to you, no mean feat. Great to hear you and your little man are doing well.

D-day is the 19th if I can get there without my ladies making an early appearance. My consultant really wants to do it herself and I do too. She has a theatre spot tomorrow but feels that is a bit too early as I am not 36 weeks til Friday. So next day she has theatre is the 19th. I will be 36+6 by then. Will be a total pain having to be in here for another 2 weeks but the end is in sight. Fingers crossed babies and I checked well enough to be home for Christmas!!!

Best of luck Hello Lady - your stay will be well worth it!

Yesterday we dropped our dogs off to friends who will look after them while we are in the hospital (in Denmark the daddy stays in the hospital too, for a small fee).

It is so weird being here in the house without our two furry terrorists - it feels so empty - that really brings it home that the time is near -- I have only tomorrow left - it feels so surreal. Hard to get my head around the fact that we will have a little screamer here with us on Wednesday :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Huge congratulations Fima! Well done :)

Hello Lady, those extra few days to wait are probably very frustrating, but well worth it too I guess...it must be so weird having a scheduled birthday!! Enjoy feet up & pampering yourself top the day arrives!!

Turns out I had caught a pretty nasty gastroenteritis bug last week...on Saturday I was admitted to hospital with it as I was severely dehydrated from it...they said that's that's why babe wasn't moving as much...I should've listened to my body more but I ignored it as my 19 month old has the same thing & she needed me too...still here in hospital, listening to women in labour & hearing new babes arriving into the world, amazing & scary at the same time!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lulu1985

Im 38 plus 4...So last week baby was lying right oblique. Have to go back to hospital tomorrow. Woke up this morning feeling a little under pressure, went into town wi my mam and was getting a bit kind of stretchy pains in either side. Now they seem to have moved into the middle and the pressure and uncomfiness is getting a bit much. Doc told me because of the way the baby was lying last week if my waters broke I was to come straight to the hospital.
    Is this normal im unreal for worrying?

lulu1985 wrote: »
    Im 38 plus 4...So last week baby was lying right oblique. Have to go back to hospital tomorrow. Woke up this morning feeling a little under pressure, went into town wi my mam and was getting a bit kind of stretchy pains in either side. Now they seem to have moved into the middle and the pressure and uncomfiness is getting a bit much. Doc told me because of the way the baby was lying last week if my waters broke I was to come straight to the hospital.
    Is this normal im unreal for worrying?

It is normal to get pains and pressure especially near the end but give the hospital a quick call if you are worried at all and see what they say. Try not to worry too much x

Hello Lady, those extra few days to wait are probably very frustrating, but well worth it too I guess...it must be so weird having a scheduled birthday!! Enjoy feet up & pampering yourself top the day arrives!!

Turns out I had caught a pretty nasty gastroenteritis bug last week...on Saturday I was admitted to hospital with it as I was severely dehydrated from it...they said that's that's why babe wasn't moving as much...I should've listened to my body more but I ignored it as my 19 month old has the same thing & she needed me too...still here in hospital, listening to women in labour & hearing new babes arriving into the world, amazing & scary at the same time!!! :)

Yeah it is frustrating but now I have a date to aim for it is easier. Now of course I am worrying I won't get that far without the babies arriving of their own accord! Braxton hicks are getting stronger and more regular in the evenings and nights, have cramping like period pains and (tmi warning) have a discharge which is white and sticky. Wondering if this is a sign my girls are getting ready to make a break for it? Either way I will have a section due to position of the babies, but if it's an emergency my consultant possibly won't be available and I have a lot of faith in her her so would really like if it was her doing the op.

I am here in the hospital now literally DYING with indigestion. The pain is so bad that it's like someone stabbing me in the chest and out through the shoulder blades. I am on Zantac and drinking Gaviscon like milkshakes and no relief. It really is horrendous.

Like you therealgirl I was in a main room last time I was in hospital. All the comings and goings at night of women in early labour are both exciting and terrifying! It's great when someone comes in and makes it look easy, but then someone else comes in having a tough time and frightens the **** out of you! One poor girl came in at 20 weeks in labour. I don't know why they couldn't stop the labour, but it was awful knowing what the poor girl must be going through and I was reluctant to even go to the loo cos it felt like I was flaunting my 32 week bump. I found that quite upsetting. I am glad to have my own room at the moment. It's a bit boring at times, but overall less stressful when you are in for more than a few days.

Hope you get over your gastro bug quickly and have a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Congrats Fima and all other New December mamas!! My little guy arrived early yesterday morning :) The birth didn't go to plan and I ended up having to have an emergency section. That was a little scary but all is well now and we couldnt be happier!!! He is a fine size at 8. 14

Its amazing how quick you fall in love with this New person!

closifer wrote: »
    Congrats Fima and all other New December mamas!! My little guy arrived early yesterday morning :) The birth didn't go to plan and I ended up having to have an emergency section. That was a little scary but all is well now and we couldnt be happier!!! He is a fine size at 8. 14

Congrats Closifer!!!! Must have been scary getting emergency c section but it's all over now and you have your lovely babba here! Delighted for you, nice size too!! :) what did you call him??

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Congrats Closifer!!!! Must have been scary getting emergency c section but it's all over now and you have your lovely babba here! Delighted for you, nice size too!! :) what did you call him??

Thank you!! We called him Milo :)

• Advertisement

closifer wrote: »

Congratulations on the arrival of your little man. Look after yourself after section, try take it easy and take all painkillers given!
    It doesn't take too long at all to fall in love with them, enjoy every minute :) x

Advertisement