Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

closifer wrote: »
    Thank you!! We called him Milo :)

Aww what a lovely name!! Look after yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Congratulations closifer and welcome to the world Milo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Congrats to all new mammies :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Haven't been on in a few days, congrats to all the new mammies - so jealous that ye have it all over ye and ye have your little bundles with ye, so terrified that my turn is soon :)
    @Hello Lady! - how are you feeling now?
    @therealgirl - poor you getting the bug, hope its gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Poor baba has been up all night feeding on the hour and now has a stuffed nose so can't sleep on her back. Hope it's not a cold-she's still too little :-(
    How are all the expectant mammies feeling? It's so exciting and nerve wracking waiting for the arrival :-)

• Advertisement

@Hello Lady! - how are you feeling now?

Have had a rough few days with some complications so not feeling the best, so I am quite happy to be where I am so they can keep an eye on me. Still trying to get to next week for section but might have to be sooner if complications continue. Just trying my best to hang in there at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Thanks everyone & Congrats Closifer! Were you in Limerick as well? We must have passed each other at some point!
    We have called him Indy, he's a little legend and so handsome he's breaking my heart already!

Thinking of Cunning Stunt today!

Hello Lady - hang in there, you can do it! **But these things rarely go as planned so you're in the best place if you don't! Thinking of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lulu1985

Well my little princess arrived yesterday at 4.30. Weighing 6lb 7 :) n is just perfect :) delivered by c section cos she decided she wasnt goin to get into position lol :) but all is great and any tips for recovery will be very much appreciated? :)

lulu1985 wrote: »
    Well my little princess arrived yesterday at 4.30. Weighing 6lb 7 :) n is just perfect :) delivered by c section cos she decided she wasnt goin to get into position lol :) but all is great and any tips for recovery will be very much appreciated? :)

Congratulations lulu! Well done you and a big welcome to the world to your little lady! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Congratulations!!! So so exciting :) hope you are both doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Congrats Fima and all other New December mamas!! My little guy arrived early yesterday morning :) The birth didn't go to plan and I ended up having to have an emergency section. That was a little scary but all is well now and we couldnt be happier!!! He is a fine size at 8. 14

Its amazing how quick you fall in love with this New person!

Congrats Closifier to your new baby boy arrival! Delighted you and him doing well! Know from my first time around how scary can that be ti hear emergency section is about to happen! Wish you a speedy recovery! Enjoy your little bundle.. They grow so fast... My little man is 3 weeks today.. Mad to know he was still suppose to be in my tummy!!!:-)

Congrats lulu1985! Glad you and your little princess are doing well! Rest as much as you can and only carry stuff which is no havier than your baba;-) I would suggest walking as much as you can in comfort as the longer you stay in bed the harder it may get to move around:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Hi girls,

I haven't contributed to this thread but I've been following all ye're stories.
    I'm sitting in limerick maternity at the moment and can't decide whether or not to go with a membrane sweep. I'm 39 weeks today and it was mentioned at last weeks appointment.
    I really would like a vbac delivery, had a section on my first 16 years ago !!
    They won't let me go over due by long because of my previous, so would a sweep be good at this stage, I can't decide.

In other news the amount of men sitting down and not offering seats to pregnant ladies is making my blood boil over.
    I

Idriv82186 wrote:
    Hi girls,

I haven't contributed to this thread but I've been following all ye're stories.
    I'm sitting in limerick maternity at the moment and can't decide whether or not to go with a membrane sweep. I'm 39 weeks today and it was mentioned at last weeks appointment.
    I really would like a vbac delivery, had a section on my first 16 years ago !!
    They won't let me go over due by long because of my previous, so would a sweep be good at this stage, I can't decide.

In other news the amount of men sitting down and not offering seats to pregnant ladies is making my blood boil over.
    I

Hi Idrive,

I had vbac 3 weeks ago in Dublin. Was only 36+4 and went to labour naturally but they told me sweep would be done (with my permission of course) but no earlier than after my 40weeks is up. In general they say you would go to labour within 48 hours after sweep is done. Not sure if this helps but I had my head set up on the sweep if I was to go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

@therealgirl - poor you getting the bug, hope its gone now

Yep got out of hospital on Wed, left with a head cold that has progressed into a chest infection...oh my god I swear if I ever get the sniffles again after this I will never complain! Bugs constant in our house for 3 weeks now & I've caught every one of them...as well as my 19 month old, who has turned a corner today thank god, poor little mite has lost some weight...I always hoped I would go early but now at 38 weeks today I am glad the little man is still safe inside until all these rotten nasties clear out of our house!

Still doesn't stop me thinking every twinge might be the start of something though :) I dreamt last night that my waters broke, woke up too nervous to move in case it was for real, hahaha

So far so good with not being told an induction might be imminent this time around, so I am excited to wait for my body to go into natural labour, after 2 induced kids I have no idea what this feels like & I catch myself daydreaming about going into labour at home & not having time to make it to the hospital, lol

Hope everyone is feeling well awaiting their little ones, & hope all the newbies are thriving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Congratulations on the arrival of your little girl lulu :)
    Take it easy after the section, move about as much as you can and don't be lifting anything heavy. Holding a pillow over section site helps when coughing /sneezing. I also found when sleeping on my side it was more comfortable to put pillow under my tummy wasn't as much pressure on the section site.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Fair play to the c-section mammies, I am in awe of birth no matter which way it ends up but sections have always amazed me, I can't imagine the recovery involved & wish you a speedy one lulu1985! Enjoy your new little squish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

fima wrote: »
    Thanks everyone & Congrats Closifer! Were you in Limerick as well? We must have passed each other at some point!
    We have called him Indy, he's a little legend and so handsome he's breaking my heart already!

Thinking of Cunning Stunt today!

I was in Limerick! Just home since yesterday which is great. Very cute name!! Are you breastfeeding and if so - how are you getting on? My breasts are SO sore the last 2 days :(

Fair play to the c-section mammies, I am in awe of birth no matter which way it ends up but sections have always amazed me, I can't imagine the recovery involved & wish you a speedy one lulu1985! Enjoy your new little squish :)

I'm the opposite of you and in awe of the Mammies who have natural births, especially the ones who manage it without any pain relief! I have had operations before so am fairly aware of what I will be dealing with when I have my section but the fear of the unknown of a vaginal birth scares the bejesus out of me! Even the word episiotomy makes my blood run cold with fear! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

thankfully episiotomies don't happen anymore. wife had a natural birth last week just using gas. even the midwives commented on the calmness in the room compared to the shouting across the corridor. she reliably informed me that correct breathing was the key!
    strangely enough , the pain was soon forgotten :)

thankfully episiotomies don't happen anymore. wife had a natural birth last week just using gas.
    Eh, yes they do! They are still quite common and often necessary. Two of my friends who gave birth in the last 6 months have had them and since I have been here in the hospital three of the women who went off to labour have since returned to show off their beautiful babies and two tore and one had an episiotomy. I suppose a proper cut is better for healing than torn skin. For some women, breathing technique isn't enough to prevent such things. It's just one of those unfortunate possibilities you have to accept when you decide to have a baby. That said lots of women manage to avoid the procedure and recover really well after delivery. Not convinced I would be lucky enough to be one of them though! So I am quite at ease with my planned section next week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

thankfully episiotomies don't happen anymore. wife had a natural birth last week just using gas. even the midwives commented on the calmness in the room compared to the shouting across the corridor. she reliably informed me that correct breathing was the key!
    strangely enough , the pain was soon forgotten :)

Episiotomies definitely do still happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Any chance you're thinking of a symphysiotomy, Tatranska? As Hello Lady said an episiotomy is not uncommon, regardless of pain relief.
    I suppose a proper cut is better for healing than torn skin.

It depends really, as some practices are a bit trigger happy to cut even if it would only be a 1st or 2nd tear which may not need stitching and so would heal better. I am opting for no episiotomy as I would rather take the chance on a lesser tear.

I'm dreaming about wearing my jeans again and also laced shoes. I'm really fed up with maternity clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

January wrote: »
    Episiotomies definitely do still happen!
    I was thinking of symphysitomoies :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was thinking of symphysitomoies :eek:

Now, thank god they're not done any longer!

I was in Limerick! Just home since yesterday which is great. Very cute name!! Are you breastfeeding and if so - how are you getting on? My breasts are SO sore the last 2 days :(

I'm home since Tuesday. Can't believe my baby is nearly a week old! Feeding is going ok, ups and downs. He is very impatient and cracks up if he doesn't latch on straight away. Then I have to calm him down before trying the latch again. Had very painful sore left nipple due to a bad latch as I just let him on incorrectly to calm him as I find if really upsetting when he gets upset. I'm getting better though and won't let him latch unless it's correct. Have 2 lumps under each armpit which are plugged ducts that I need to massage under hot water in shower and while feeding to release. Is slightly impossible to do it while feeding as need both hands to hold the little wriggler ... Also finding it hard to get him to empty each breast as he keeps falling asleep and I have to wake him over and over again! Very painful breasts as well which I treat with a roasting hot face cloth over each one and rubbing a bit if milk on each nipple after each feed. Lansinoh cream is brilliant as well. I have absolutely loads of milk so he can't empty each one and used me for comfort then gets sick on me because he's had way too much! He's thriving though and put in weight between leaving hosp and visit by PHN. It's tough though, I've cried my eyes out in frustration and felt like screaming at the 3 other mammies in the room with me who's babies were all being bottle fed and slept all day and rarely cried. Hormones ;)
    Hopefully it will work out, I'm setting myself small goals, if I get to 1 week then 2 weeks etc ....

Congrats to new mammies, I'm on my phone so can't see much but will get to laptop soon and get updating!

Ps - I can testify that episiotomies definitely happen and breathing alone can't help you when your babies head won't come and his heart rate is dropping and you've been pushing for an hour and 15 minutes and baby needs to be vacuumed out. No matter how hard you practice your breathing! But yes, thank goodnes symphisiotimies don't happen! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi all,

I have been missing in action this week. Had a beautiful little boy on Weds via planned c-section. His name is Joshua and he is doing great. We spent an extra day in the hospital as he was a bit dehydrated, but now my milk has come in fully and he is doing fine, so we got to go home this evening :)

Congrats to the other new mammies and best of luck to those still to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Congratulations to all the new mammies!! Cunning stunt can I ask what hospital you were in? Im booked in for c section in limerick fri 20th and they said id be lucky to be out tuesday the 24th it seems you were on and out in good time. How do you feel after the section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

kidcummins wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the new mammies!! Cunning stunt can I ask what hospital you were in? Im booked in for c section in limerick fri 20th and they said id be lucky to be out tuesday the 24th it seems you were on and out in good time. How do you feel after the section?

I am living in Denmark at the moment. Over here it's a 48hr stay as long as everything has gone to plan. We stayed an extra day though, because Joshua wasn't getting enough nourishment out of my boobs and was dehydrated so he needed to be given some extra food, until my milk came in fully.

I have a lot of discomfort in the muscles where they made the cut. Getting out of the bed or up off a chair was a big operation, especially in the first 24 hrs after the section. I was on paracetamol, iboprufen and morphine tablets for the first two days, then they cut the morphine out, so now I am only taking the other two.
    I find that the more active I am or the more I walk around, the less painful it is, so it's just a case of keeping myself moving.
    But I have read comments from plenty of women who say they had minimal discomfort after a section, so it probably is an individual thing.

Advertisement