Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Fairie wrote: »
    Haha I don't know about superhero! This little one was a nice surprise did want them close together just weren't planning this close!! I don't think there's anyway to imagine having two until there actually is two it'll be fun though (I'm thinking positive ;) )!!

:-) I know... Lots of fun I'd say... Can't wait already!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

guesswhat wrote: »
    Really?! :-) I feel some tickles and funny noise/ movement in my tummy but don't know what that is! What does is it supposed to feel like baby moving?!

I think they say from around 15/16 weeks you start feeling butterflies in your tummy especially when you're resting or sitting down. I can definitely feel a butterfly type feeling, like a really gentle tickle from the inside. I can feel it right now again as I type. It happens just above my belly button and I find myself sitting down doing nothing quite a lot to see will it happen again. It's reassuring while I wait for my next scan! Only three more weeks, feels like a lifetime!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Elle13 wrote: »
    :-) I know... Lots of fun I'd say... Can't wait already!:-)

Oh lots of fun I'm so excited now. It'll be nice when they are a bit older they will (hopefully!) be best buddies :)

guesswhat wrote: »
    Really?! :-) I feel some tickles and funny noise/ movement in my tummy but don't know what that is! What does is it supposed to feel like baby moving?!

I have no other option than public and from what I hear the 'main difference' is having a private room or not. I just wish to be in the hospital the least time as possible, no matter what room Im in

Hi guesswhat, baby moving can feel like butterflies / light tickles or sometimes like a popping sensation. I think last time for me it was around week 18 to 20 it started to feel like the feeling you get going down a hill or when on a rollercoaster I don't know how else to describe it! You will notice any movement more when your sitting or lying down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hbelle

Hi all,

Hope all December moms are doing well.. Ages since I've being on with an update! We had our official 1st scan yesterday.. Turns out I,m further on then what I thought.. I'll be 14 weeks on Monday, when I thought I would be 13 weeks... So all good! I was so nervous for scan, but there was a heart beat and loads of movement.. Got lovely scan pictures and unreal to see baby's head and body.. Can't stop looking at them.. So all good thank god.. Much more relaxed now after scan..

Great to see everyone's post's.. My new due date is 23rd December... Turkey and ham in CMUH I reckon... Getting really bad headaches in last 2weeks.. Nurse said yesterday it is ok to takes paracetamol..

Due to tell my manager this week or next week.. Dreading that conversation.. He has No kids himself. Oh I'm just dreading it.. Anyway won't be able to hide it much longer...

My hospital is cork and we've decided to go public..got an early scan at 7 weeks at the request of my doctor, which wasn't a problem, and we were seen to straight away yesterday.. I've heard there is great care in cork... A friend of mine went private on 1st and public on 2nd baby and could see no difference! So €3k more in our pockets for buggy and baby stuff etc...

Next appointment. Now in about 7 weeks time..

Welcome to all new mums to be...
    X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

carlows wrote: »
    Welcome Elle and Congrats also.

I'm attending Waterford Regional under Dr. O'Donnell

Hi Carlows!
    Im attending waterford Regional too! cant remember who im under now as they just rang me the other day to say im under someone different to who i was previously told.
    Just wondering about your injection re your blood group, ive no idea about it im just reading abck on posts now but is that something we need to mention to the midwife ourselves or do the pick up on it if our blood group is that type?

Hi to everyone,
    havent been on for ages, i was on a quest for a lovely dress i could wear for a wedding and i found it in Quiz in waterford, they have beautiful dresses there and most have elasticated backs and alot have an empire cut so they grow with you, i was delighted so check them out if your looking for something for a special occassion, they are online too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi Guys,
    I have my first ante-natal appointment in Holles Street (public) on Thursday. They sent me a form to fill in with a million questions on it so I'll be kept busy this week filling it out :) They also advised that I book my scan separately with their scan clinic. I already had a scan done privately so I'm just wondering if I should try and book one again or if I should just let them know I've had one (part of me would like to see how much has changed in the last 2 weeks)
    Also, should I bring a urine sample with me? Any hints or tips would be great.
    Thanks ladies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi Guys,
    I have my first ante-natal appointment in Holles Street (public) on Thursday. They sent me a form to fill in with a million questions on it so I'll be kept busy this week filling it out :) They also advised that I book my scan separately with their scan clinic. I already had a scan done privately so I'm just wondering if I should try and book one again or if I should just let them know I've had one (part of me would like to see how much has changed in the last 2 weeks)
    Thanks ladies xx

Welcome Always number 1,

Contrast on your pregnancy:-) Am not sure how far you are but the scan they advised you to book for won't be done till you are 20-22 weeks and it's an important one as they measure the baby's limbs and head etc. to see if it's in norm for the stage you are in so I would definitely go for it as that may also be the only scan you get if everything goes well :-) I don't think you need to bring urine sample... They will request one when you get there for your appointment if they want one (they done test on my first pregnancy but not on this one so far). Best of luck :-) x

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi Hbelle,
    We have the same due date, pity we're not in same hospital we could have Xmas dinner together!

Hi Excited,
    If your blood group is Rhesus negative they should pick up on it and say it to you. Have you been down for your appointment yer? When is your due date?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭afternoon tea

Hi Guys,
    Thanks ladies xx

Hi! How did your appointment go? I have first appointment in Holles st 2mw, looking forward to it, hoping I get a scan but heard you don't until 20 weeks - wonder if you had a scan today? I got a little pot from the chemist today as my friend said she was waiting around longer to do a sample as she didnt need a wee for ages so I thought I may as well take one along!!

Hope you got on ok today! When is your due date? Mine is 24th December but have also been given 15th Dec - but told to go with the later one!!

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,
    Thanks ladies xx

The hospital will probably want to do their own scans anyways. The one about 20 weeks is important to check all is going well with baby and also to check due dates I know of a few dates that were changed at this scan!! Bring urine sample this should be checked at every hospital and gp visit, you can get a few containers at your own doctors or in most chemists my hospital seems reluctant to give them out!
    Hope all the December mammys are keeping well :)

Hi! How did your appointment go? I have first appointment in Holles st 2mw, looking forward to it, hoping I get a scan but heard you don't until 20 weeks - wonder if you had a scan today? I got a little pot from the chemist today as my friend said she was waiting around longer to do a sample as she didnt need a wee for ages so I thought I may as well take one along!!

Hope you got on ok today! When is your due date? Mine is 24th December but have also been given 15th Dec - but told to go with the later one!!

Hi afternoon tea, my appointment is on Thursday. I rang them today to ask about the scan. The girl I spoke to said that they'll do a mini scan on Thursday just to check the heartbeat. They have already booked me in for my scan at 21 weeks. My due date is 27th December.
    Hope everyone is doing well x

Hi afternoon tea, my appointment is on Thursday. I rang them today to ask about the scan. The girl I spoke to said that they'll do a mini scan on Thursday just to check the heartbeat. They have already booked me in for my scan at 21 weeks. My due date is 27th December.
    Hope everyone is doing well x

Hi Always number 1 - I had my appointment in Holles st today, they do a scan! it was a lovely surprise as I was expecting they wouldn't!! All in all the whole appt took 2hrs but not TOO much waiting around as you are busy going from midwife / bloods / doctor. Due date 24th December!

Hi afternoon tea, glad all is going well for you.
    Just wondering if you are going public or private?
    Do they do full bloods or just a pin prick type blood test? Did you bring a sample in the end or did they look for one?
    Sorry for all the questions :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

A friend's wife had her baby recently in Holles Street and said that they did not scan at every visit and they only had 3 scans in total - 20 weeks, 28 weeks and then at 36 and final one on her due date. They requested other scans but were told they would have to pay for them privately (which they did for 2 scans). He said that they attended the Coombe for the first baby and that they had a scan at every visit and that they found the Coombe much better.

I'm going to the rotunda semi-private and have had a scan at every visit, plus I am booked in for 2 additional scans (so no visit with the doctor, just midwife and then a scan). I was told this is the stanard level of care. I am having twins so I have been told that in addition to these standard scans I will have extra ones and extra visits - I will be told when I need these depending on the previous visit/scan.

Always number 1 - You need to give a full blood test at your booking appt. I assume this is the case for all hospitals. They need to confirm a few things - whether you are RH positive or negative, if you are rubella immune, hepatitis and depending on your ethnicity there are other tests they may carry out.

I was told not to bring a sample, but to give a fresh one. The Rotunda are good at providing the sample jars in all the bathrooms so there is no issue. The last two times I have had to have a full bladder for the scans so once the scan was finished then I gave the sample.

Hi afternoon tea, glad all is going well for you.
    Just wondering if you are going public or private?
    Do they do full bloods or just a pin prick type blood test? Did you bring a sample in the end or did they look for one?
    Sorry for all the questions :) x

Hi Always number 1, no problem at all - this is the place to ask questions with us all being in the same boat! :)
    I bought a wee sample with me as I was worried I would need the loo before they even gave me the sample pot - i just bought a pot in the chemist for 60 cent! but they have loads of pots there and give you time to go to loo etc so there is no real need to take one.
    They take three little bottles of blood, sounds like alot but only takes a few minutes so it's grand. Oh I'm going public by the way! Best of luck for your appointment!!! :)

Thanks so much for all your help afternoon tea, we could end up eating Christmas dinner together ;)
    I didn't fill in the health questionnaire thing as I figured the doctor or midwife would go through it with me when I'm there but if not, it won't take me long to fly through it when I get there.
    I'm excited and nervous about it which I'm sure is normal enough :) take care ladies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7 annabananas

Hi ladies, finally posting!

Im due Dec in Limerick too! out of the country at the moemmnt and wont be back til 34 weeks but its my number 2. went public in the maternity last time 2. Couldnt fault it. It was probably the best experience of my life! (except for one mean registrar but thats what you get!).
    I 14+5 at the moment and been given different edd's from 20- to 24th...lets hope its the 20th so I can be out for Christmas with the family!

good luck to all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Excited!

carlows wrote: »
    Hi Hbelle,
    We have the same due date, pity we're not in same hospital we could have Xmas dinner together!

Hi Excited,
    If your blood group is Rhesus negative they should pick up on it and say it to you. Have you been down for your appointment yer? When is your due date?

Hi Carlows,

Yes I was there for my first appt almost 4 weeks ago, im 16 weeks this fri so my next appt for scan is 8th aug. ive been given 2 dute dates 20th dec from early scan and 13th dec from 12 week hosp scan, they said to stick to 13th for now and they'll change it on my next scan if needed. When are your appts/due date?

Also wondering has anyone else started pregnancy yoga? Ive done 2 classes so far and have found it wonderful if anyone is thinking of doing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Hi ladies, finally posting!

Im due Dec in Limerick too!

Welcome & Congrats :) It's good to hear good things about Limerick as I am very nervous about it! I'd love a home birth but not financially possible and it's not recommended on the 1st baby apparently.

Excited! I was putting it off but really must get started as I am finding it really hard to sleep/relax.

Hope everyone's keeping well, the weeks are ticking away nicely thank goodness :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 kidcummins

Hey ladies hope yer all doing well? I'm 14weeks today and this evening is the 1st of the week that im not asleep on couch by half 7 had such easy pregnancy up to now thought I was clear but this week im shattered. I have a question: has anyone else been put on iron tablets? I has my scan 2weeka ago in limerick and I forgot to ask them about coming off folic acid so had my bloods been done at midwife clinic last Wednesday 13weeks and the doctor told me take folic acid another week then start iron supplement this was 20mins after giving blood so I doubt he had tested them for a deficiency that quick and then when I went to chemist to buy them the assistant insisted on asking the pharmacist and they both seemed cagey on giving them to me!! Little confused now....

Hi all,
    had my first antenatal appointment today in Holles st and all went well.
    They are gonna monitor me for gestational diabetes as there is family history of it. The midwife was lovely and I was so relaxed when I was there.
    Had a mini scan and the baby was actually bouncing around in the womb. It was hilarious.
    14 weeks tomorrow so all going well so far.
    Take care ladies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Hey everyone! I havent posted in a bit - been super busy wth work and have just moved house! Im gone 17 weeks now and the doctor said I should start feeling fetal movement soon. Im so excited about it! Anyone inner around 16-17 weeks and feeling anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

fima wrote: »
    I think they say from around 15/16 weeks you start feeling butterflies in your tummy especially when you're resting or sitting down. I can definitely feel a butterfly type feeling, like a really gentle tickle from the inside. I can feel it right now again as I type. It happens just above my belly button and I find myself sitting down doing nothing quite a lot to see will it happen again. It's reassuring while I wait for my next scan! Only three more weeks, feels like a lifetime!

Should have read back thru the posts before posting mine above! Gosh I cant wait to feel that...makes it seem so real! I am also due in December in Limerick. There seems to be a few of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 annabananas

I started doing pre natal pilates last week...its great. I had terrible SPD on my last pregnancy and could barely walk by the end of it. It started early this time and My doc receommend physio from now but Im too lazy so the pil;ates is doing the trick for now, might start physio for SPD in a month or 2 if it gets worse.
    I was told to take iron tablets too...but I dont like them ..might do 1 every second day after my 16 week blood test. (jeeese, reading back Im a really non-compliant patinet i think!)

TGIF!! woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Starting again!!

Congrats to all the December mum's!! I'm due on the 21st of December, with a gap of nearly 12 years ( scary stuff) so basically starting again!! Anyone else have long gaps between pregnancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hope you all keeping well... seems we have lots of limerick ladies! Im going there also, if its any consolation I had my first baby there 11 months ago and they were brilliant!!

very busy house here with a 11month old and 16 weeks pregnant. great fun though! Due dec 14th.

On the search for a double buggy.... if anyone is interested in the quinny buzz I have one with the carry cot, adaptors, covers etc in excellent condition im having to sell (as it wont fit 2 babies!!), its not even 12 months old and we paid 750 euro for the set, will to sell for 300 if anyone interested?

hope to start following this a bit more, found it excellent last year with number 1! :)

Thanks so much for all your help afternoon tea, we could end up eating Christmas dinner together ;)
    I didn't fill in the health questionnaire thing as I figured the doctor or midwife would go through it with me when I'm there but if not, it won't take me long to fly through it when I get there.
    I'm excited and nervous about it which I'm sure is normal enough :) take care ladies xx

Always number 1 - glad your scan went well - just so so lovely seeing it isn't it! I think I could get addicted to them - so tempted to pay for another private one! My next one is 20wk scan where I'll be 22wks on Aug 13th...seems so long away!

Yes we could be having Xmas dinner together ha! such a funny thought isn't it - how life will change all of a sudden! Are you starting to show yet? I have a little bump but it's easily hidden in loose tops at the moment!
    I'm starting to think about the birth and would really like to have water birth - is this an option without going to midwifery led unit I wonder?

Excited! wrote: »
    Hi Carlows,

Yes I was there for my first appt almost 4 weeks ago, im 16 weeks this fri so my next appt for scan is 8th aug. ive been given 2 dute dates 20th dec from early scan and 13th dec from 12 week hosp scan, they said to stick to 13th for now and they'll change it on my next scan if needed. When are your appts/due date?

Also wondering has anyone else started pregnancy yoga? Ive done 2 classes so far and have found it wonderful if anyone is thinking of doing it :)

I've been thinking of starting pregnancy yoga or pilates but I know it sounds silly...but I'm waiting to get more of a bump! I was imagining ladies with massive bumps and then I'm there thinking "I am pregnany,really!!" I think I may start swimming soon and give yoga or pilates a go later...it's good to hear it's relaxing - and something then I imagine you can try at home too??

• Advertisement

Excited! wrote: »

I did the pregnancy pilates last time and loved it so relaxing. I found it really helped with backache from about 30 weeks on. The girl that did it has since moved to Australia so I must look into it and find someone else who does it. An hour once a week of 'me' time I can't wait!!
    Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Advertisement