Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech 'Bell Tamper' ERROR

Options
  • 20-04-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can help with this one.

Im getting a 'Bell Tamper' error on my Aritech house alarm system.

Everything was working fine.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check the lid of the external bell & the wiring connections.
    If you want an easy fix, remove the tamper return at the panel & wire a 4k7 ohm resistor across bell hold off and tamper return . (Terminals 16 & 17.
    There may be some spare resistors inside the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LostInDharma

KoolKid wrote: »
    Check the lid of the external bell & the wiring connections.
    If you want an easy fix, remove the tamper return at the panel & wire a 4k7 ohm resistor across bell hold off and tamper return . (Terminals 16 & 17.
    There may be some spare resistors inside the panel.

Nice one, I'll try that.

Don't have any 4.7K but do have 100 Ohms. Could I use this ? (long shot)

Also, if I open the external bell case should I switch off the main power or is it safe enough ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can get the resistor from the bell. Everything there is low voltage, just be aware there will be high voltage across the strobe if it is activating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 villan79

Hi hope someone can help. My Aritech alarm just started going off outside the house at 3am and when I entered the code to disarm it it showed "bell tamper" and the siren kept going off for over 30 minutes no matter what I did. It's showing low battery on the panel so I know the battery is due to be replaced but this shouldn't cause the external siren to go off should it? I don't want to have to pay someone to come out if possible and I'd like to prevent this happening again in the middle of the night as we have a new baby who already doesn't sleep!! Any help would be much appreciated and even to know how to turn off the siren in case it happens again would be great.

Thanks in advance!

If it had been showing low battery warning for a good while it may well be drawing down the voltage. Try removing the battery and see if it clears the bell fault.

• Advertisement

If it had been showing low battery warning for a good while it may well be drawing down the voltage. Try removing the battery and see if it clears the bell fault.

Thanks a million I've had to call someone out for €220 because removing the battery didn't work unfortunately ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

villan79 wrote: »
    Thanks a million I've had to call someone out for €220 because removing the battery didn't work unfortunately ðŸ˜

Did they explain how it was fixed?

degsie wrote: »
    Did they explain how it was fixed?

The guy didn't have great English but he said it was something to do with the siren box on the front of the house

Did you get a new bell box for that??:eek:

Did you get a new bell box for that??:eek:

Not today I didn't have the cashola but it'll probably be better to just upgrade the whole system. Probably be about €500 for the lot but at least it won't happen again for a few years hopefully!

• Advertisement

€220 to sort a bell tamper?
    I wish I had more customers like you.;)

Advertisement