Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with iPhone 3GS

• 20-04-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

I have an iPhone 3GS, and for the last few weeks it has been turning itself off when the battery is quite full, so it isn't turning off because of low battery or anything. The screen goes weird, it has random black lines down it, and the majority of the time I have to plug it into its charger for it to turn on, where it will show an almost full bar of battery. It's really inconvenient as I have to have my phone plugged in most of the time now for it to work, and I've been stuck places where I needed it and it shut off. I'm not sure if its to do with the battery or what, anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Are you running the latest firmware? If not update it and see.

If you are, try a restore.

If that doesn't work, try installing a new battery.

If it's still not right then it's another hardware issue in which case you'd need to get it repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 jessie5

Hi, this is happening my phone all the time as well, even when fully charged although its seems to happen around the 60% - 50% battery useage. I havent installed any updates so not sure how it can be happening. anyone any ideas on how to solve it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

jessie5 wrote: »
    Hi, this is happening my phone all the time as well, even when fully charged although its seems to happen around the 60% - 50% battery useage. I havent installed any updates so not sure how it can be happening. anyone any ideas on how to solve it..

Did you read the post above yours?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

jessie5 wrote: »

Mine had the problem of being full battery and thinking it had about 2%, so it would turn itself off constantly. Bought a new battery and it works perfectly now. Apparently it's a common problem with the 3GS though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

missguided wrote: »
    Mine had the problem of being full battery and thinking it had about 2%, so it would turn itself off constantly. Bought a new battery and it works perfectly now. Apparently it's a common problem with the 3GS though.

Same here.

Used to randomly power off when showing 40% battery, new battery sorted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

missguided wrote: »
    No. It's not a 'common' problem. However it is a problem that has happened to others.

Advertisement