Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hens

• 20-04-2013 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi buds, just wondering if i will keep around a 100-200 layers do i need to register it or myself as a small farm (farmer) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭geros29

Jjoa wrote: »
    Hi buds, just wondering if i will keep around a 100-200 layers do i need to register it or myself as a small farm (farmer) ?

Not 100 percent on dis but think if you have over 50(mite even be 20,can't quite be sure)but you need to be registered wit department.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jjoa

But if i will be registered with department that doesn't mean that i have to pay some taxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Jjoa wrote: »
    But if i will be registered with department that doesn't mean that i have to pay some taxes?

If you plan on selling the eggs, regardless of what you register you will have to pay tax on your income.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭geros29

If you plan on selling the eggs, regardless of what you register you will have to pay tax on your income.

Well your supposed to.need to get egg stamper to put best b4 date and all that too.lots of regulations also.my guess would be that with price of feed at moment etc profit be marginal with such small numbers.that's only my opinion tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 slac

where are you selling your eggs?
    -you have to register, be inspected and flock tested if selling in shops.
    -if selling to the end consumer direct, eg markets, you need to provide the date laid your name adderss and contact number to the purchaser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Jjoa

I got 30 hens and don't sell still those eggs, but i got them too much and thinking about to sell some. But i am not gonna pay any charges as it would be so stupid like i must buy food for chicks. i am not looking for the any income of that as i keep them for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭GreatOaktree

geros29 wrote: »
    Well your supposed to.need to get egg stamper to put best b4 date and all that too.lots of regulations also.my guess would be that with price of feed at moment etc profit be marginal with such small numbers.that's only my opinion tho.

Hi all,
    Where can i find these regulations ? I have 5 acres and want to start a pastoral chicken farm, that is mobile houses containing 50-100 hens moved once a day. What is the limit of hens you can keep on 5 acres ? how much are eggs worth ? how much are boilers worth ?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

You'll have to pay tax, but ask a tax adviser, or Citizens' Advice - normally you can lay off (ahem) expenses against income, so you could set the cost of feed, run building, etc against the income from eggs.
    *NotAnExpert

Advertisement