Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad 2

Options
  • 20-04-2013 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Iv had my ipad 2 about a year and a half now.When I first got it the battery life was really good. I could get about 9 hours and that suited me fine as that meant I could watch a few movies on long journeys, play games etc.....

But over the past few months my battery life had been terrible. I go from 100% down to 60% in about an hour. The thing is I have very few apps. The apps that I have are always turned off after use (by double pressing the circle button) so I really don't know what's sucking up the battery.

Has this happened to anybody else? Will the battery life start getting worse?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Yeah it's just going to get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Yeah it's just going to get worse.

and then explode in flames

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

IM0 wrote: »
    and then explode in flames

Or just hot acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Yup, over time batteries lose the ability to hold their charge. At least the ipad 2 has a removable battery like nearly every other tablet does, right? ;)

Or just hot acid.

drugs are bad mkay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

No.

Shamozzle wrote: »
    No.

they are :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Will someone think of the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

I've had mine about the same length as you, probably averaging 5 or 6 hours of use a day it's still holding a good 8 hours of battery anyway. I only charge mine when I need to though, I try not to leave it charging after it's hit 100%. That's terrible battery life you have.

Also, probably wasn't the best to post this in after hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

IM0 wrote: »
    they are :mad:
    Ok, they are. Sorry.

• Advertisement

N64 wrote: »
    Yup, over time batteries lose the ability to hold their charge. At least the ipad 2 has a removable battery like nearly every other tablet does, right? ;)

And very cheap to replace I assume.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

And very cheap to replace I assume.

Yes Apple has thought of this and came up with a clever scheme where after a year you give them just another umpteen hundred euros and they give you a new one with a different number on it!

Because people are too stupid to buy a new battery, open a back cover and replace it for the old one.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yes Apple has thought of this and came up with a clever scheme where after a year you give them just another umpteen hundred euros and they give you a new one with a different number on it!

Because people are too stupid to buy a new battery, open a back cover and replace it for the old one.

how nice, they sound like a great bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

There's an IPad2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

TBF, lots of Android tablets don't have removable batteries, Nexus 7 and 10 don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I heard of you put it in a fire, it super heats the metal and it stays charged forever.

Give it a try, you've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Never tried an ipad. Usually just go with Optrex myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

A year of use and those lithium ion batteries are down to 70% of life. I'd imagine it speeds up on its decline after that. 2 years and you can expect very little life left. Ipads tend not to reach this stage as the new must have model will be out in 6 months with apple stopping support after a year.

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

In all iProducts the built-in hard to replace lithium battery functions as a friendly "You need to buy a new one!" timer that goes off after 2-3 years*

*In before some fanboi who claims his 1st Gen iPod that he uses every day still lasts as long as it did the day he bought it about 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 35 qaf

Somebody already point it out but you really don't want to be charging it all the time. Let it cycle all the way down at least once a week. You could also turn the brightness down but nobody really wants to do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement